April 26, 2024, 03:00:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #507 8/6 - 8/7/2006  (Read 146709 times)
MissinNat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2006, 08:29:58 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Ono, I am still thinking about the "white rental car" that was following them, as being the reason they "kept driving around."  Did the white rental car indicate some of their friends from another place, perhaps Columbia or Venezuela was following them and partaking in this, as it would be necessary for someone from those parts to "rent a car," as they could not drive it through the Caribbean.  How could you tell from looking in your rearview mirror that a car is rented.  I believe that was changed back in the 1990s when ne'er do wells were able to detect tourists by the "rental sticker" and all car companies went to a smaller way of recognition.  As we rent Enterprise cars when we travel, I can say the sticker is quite small, placed on the rear bumper with a very small "e" on it, so that it can be recognized by perhaps someone traveling behind it up very, very close but not from a distance.

Hey Tylergal and all Monkeys!  How are you?  In Aruba you can tell if a car is a visitor or a local as the rental cars license plates begin with V and license plates from cars from locals begin with an A.

People might be missing or gone but we don't forget them!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

Quote from: terryd270
Don't you have to be bonded to even be a rental cop??? The more I learn about that island, the more I just have to shake my head and think that there are a lot of lucky Americans that have escaped and hopefully there will be less Americans that go to that corrupt little island..[/quote.

To answer your first question, not  la maison de prostitution et dope en atmosphère extérieure.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2006, 08:32:04 PM »

Quote from: "MissinNat"
Ono, I am still thinking about the "white rental car" that was following them, as being the reason they "kept driving around."  Did the white rental car indicate some of their friends from another place, perhaps Columbia or Venezuela was following them and partaking in this, as it would be necessary for someone from those parts to "rent a car," as they could not drive it through the Caribbean.  How could you tell from looking in your rearview mirror that a car is rented.  I believe that was changed back in the 1990s when ne'er do wells were able to detect tourists by the "rental sticker" and all car companies went to a smaller way of recognition.  As we rent Enterprise cars when we travel, I can say the sticker is quite small, placed on the rear bumper with a very small "e" on it, so that it can be recognized by perhaps someone traveling behind it up very, very close but not from a distance.

Hey Tylergal and all Monkeys!  How are you?  In Aruba you can tell if a car is a visitor or a local as the rental cars license plates begin with V and license plates from cars from locals begin with an A.

But would you be able to see this in your rearview mirror at night?  Is the license plate with that indication located on the front of the car?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »

Aruba rental cars:

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »

MissinNat, thank you for the information.  Good to see you.  Is that tag located on the front of the vehicle, the back or both?  Thank you.  Hugs to you.  Been Missing MissinNat.

MissinNat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2006, 08:39:13 PM »

Quote from: "MissinNat"

But would you be able to see this in your rearview mirror at night?  Is the license plate with that indication located on the front of the car?

Hi Tyler!

That is true, I don't know if you could see it at night.  It is probably on the front and rear license plates.

Good observation!

Missin

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2006, 08:39:50 PM »

Thanks, Klaas.  In other words, it's just a rolling disaster, awaiting some local or interloper to mug and rob tourists.

MissinNat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »

MissinNat, thank you for the information.  Good to see you.  Is that tag located on the front of the vehicle, the back or both?  Thank you.  Hugs to you.  Been Missing MissinNat.

Thank you, Tyler!  I lurk but often don't speak.  A lot of the rental cars, have nothing on the side doors, etc.  

Good to see you too!

Missin Nat & Tyler. lol

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

I think that John Q. Kelly has a lot of questions to asked when he get to the Happy Little Hooker Island.. I'm going to watch some tv and do some work but the happy little face on Aruba seems to be falling off and its from the research that you guys do..  I know at first we didn't want the ALE to bring to court against these suspects but I wish they would.. I know about double jeopardy but I believe it will be the only way of getting the information that Natalee's family want.. I don't believe they ever was going to bring this to court, unless you mean the one where they pay off the killers..  At least Aruba bring this case to court and show what you have or don't have.. The suspects are already free, I'm sure they can't be any more so..  

Then maybe John Q. Kelly can get some of the records, I'm not sure even if they closed the case if he can get them.. I think he might have a better chance if the case goes to court, even if they lose the case.. It can't be any worse than it is now.. Just my opinion..
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
My parents used to have a lot of houses that they used to rent and my Mother was kinda the business person when a renter would come by about a house.. While my Mother talked to the person my Father would look inside their car to see if they kept it clean, well if it was clean then my Dad would give the OK to rent to these people..  They figured if they didn't keep their car clean, they wouldn't take care of their renter property..  I understand about kids but there is different clutter...

Terry, I feel the same way about cars, if your car is cluttered and messy, so is your house.  Of course, I do exempt mothers who are running a home from a car who transports kids back and forth to school, to play, etc.  I always had lots of odd shoes or socks, empty potato chip bags, etc., in my car either from one of my own or one who was riding to football, baseball, swim meet, library, or wherever.

Tyler, my house is neat and clean,and today before I picked my son up from a sleep over I stopped to vaccum out my car. I found in the back seat: numerous potato chip and candy wrappers, several empty power ade bottles. Two pair of cleats, about 3 dirty socks, a baseball belt and an athletic cup.... and I do not mean the kind that you drink from..... Rolling Eyes
And my car went to be washed, and detailed last weekend, so I can attest to the truth in this..... Wink

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »

Hey I know about kids so I think there is a different type of clutter with kids then someone that just tosses old beer cans, cigarettes vs baseball gloves, tennis shoes, school books and etc..  Different clutter, I had a kid and when she comes, her clothes is everywhere..  I tell her to keep it in one room and she does, I blame it on the dog.. I tell her Starla will eat her clothes if she leave them where she can find them.. Poor Starla..
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2006, 08:49:23 PM »

Cubbee, I Had a friend my same age who waited until she was almost 40 to have daughter.  Never was a hair out of place, or a dish unwashed.  Five to six years after she had her daughter, she admitted:  "I used to wonder how you could lose so much stuff, like shoes and socks, shirts, etc, at your house and now I know.  We have looked for a new pair of shoes that our daughter wore one time to dance lessons, had them on when she got in the car, and we have never seen them since and been through our cars, her friends' cars and our garbage.  Where do these things end up?"

I told her, "sometimes in other people's cars who throw them away accidentally, because we mothers and children live in our cars more than our homes nowadays but in my experience I have found that washers eat socks."

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »

Well...maybe they made that story up in hopes that somehow they could link that 'mystery car' to the pretend mystery villians who supposedly found Natalee after Joran left the beach shoeless ? He thought that he could somehow weave a mystery stalker/via car into the mix in order to save his skin? I'm inclined to not believe that bit about the white car.  And the 'rental' description is peculiar.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

Hey I know about kids so I think there is a different type of clutter with kids then someone that just tosses old beer cans, cigarettes vs baseball gloves, tennis shoes, school books and etc..  Different clutter, I had a kid and when she comes, her clothes is everywhere..  I tell her to keep it in one room and she does, I blame it on the dog.. I tell her Starla will eat her clothes if she leave them where she can find them.. Poor Starla..

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
My son always says that you can tell he does not litter, just look in his room and he is right.... Wink

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

I just have to tell you about this post from another site from MR..

"Medley can only share this -- Deepak is back at the Cyberzone and seems to be doing well - he was very nice to me. I also met his mom who is working for a secruity firm - she was very nice also. I think they are doing better now - but I also hear it was very rough for them. "

Ok this lady was fired for padding the checks from customers and now they have her working at a security firm..  ONLY IN ARUBA does that make sense..

Laughing I don't even believe that.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2006, 08:53:20 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"

Well...maybe they made that story up in hopes that somehow they could link that 'mystery car' to the pretend mystery villians who supposedly found Natalee after Joran left the beach shoeless ? He thought that he could somehow weave a mystery stalker/via car into the mix in order to save his skin? I'm inclined to not believe that bit about the white car.  And the 'rental' description is peculiar.

I've always thought the 'rental' car was just a 'white herring'.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »

Cubbee, I Had a friend my same age who waited until she was almost 40 to have daughter.  Never was a hair out of place, or a dish unwashed.  Five to six years after she had her daughter, she admitted:  "I used to wonder how you could lose so much stuff, like shoes and socks, shirts, etc, at your house and now I know.  We have looked for a new pair of shoes that our daughter wore one time to dance lessons, had them on when she got in the car, and we have never seen them since and been through our cars, her friends' cars and our garbage.  Where do these things end up?"

I told her, "sometimes in other people's cars who throw them away accidentally, because we mothers and children live in our cars more than our homes nowadays but in my experience I have found that washers eat socks."

Hey , I have one of those sock monsters. We do live out of our cars, in fact last week when my a/c went out it was not a big deal during the day as we were mostly in the car during that time.....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2006, 08:54:47 PM »

I think it is in a way, a white herring, Ono & Carnut, but there was a specific reason for the car being white and rented.  Not sure what the significance of that is, but I would like to find out who had a white rental unit that night.  I think there is someone onto which they are trying to place blame, someone specific.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2006, 08:56:12 PM »

Wasn't something said once about a "white Jeep"?

It appears that the majority of rental cars available there are Jeeps, which kind of makes sense given the terrain.

One of the plethora of witnesses or possible witnesses was supposed to have seen a White Jeep at the beach, or something like that.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »

I think it is in a way, a white herring, Ono & Carnut, but there was a specific reason for the car being white and rented.  Not sure what the significance of that is, but I would like to find out who had a white rental unit that night.  I think there is someone onto which they are trying to place blame, someone specific.

It can't be any MB kids because there is no way, even in Aruba, that a rental company lets someone under 25 behind the wheel.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.