April 26, 2024, 05:48:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #507 8/6 - 8/7/2006  (Read 146728 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #540 on: August 07, 2006, 09:38:03 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Had to remark on the neat and orderly vs slob conditions.

Pre-Justion: My home was neat and organized. Biggest problem was cat fur, which was regularly vacuumed. I knew to a penny how much was in my checking account, and plotted out and followed a budget of what was paid and when it was paid. I wore dress clothes, that I ironed, to work, and regularly polished all of shoes (100 or so). Dry cleaning was done on a regular basis. Regularly shaved my legs, and wore cosmetics. My home was quiet. I listened to music all the time. I could locate anything in a heartbeat. I was never late to anything. My vehicle has always been somewhat messy, however.

Post-Justin: I can now never find anything without a tremendous amount of time and energy involved in a search. My house is cluttered with toys, books, kid magazines, video games and equipment, food packaging and crumbs, dishes laying about, and shredded pieces of paper (an ADHD thing). If I wear mascara at all, it is on the run (while driving  Shocked ). My clothing is now mostly cotton (easier to clean and less expensive to pitch when stained~ the latter happens often), and is rarely ironed. My shoes are a mess. My home is noisy, I have no idea how much money I have/do not have or what has been paid and what has not. I am lucky to know my own name. I am chronically late to everything.

In ten years time, I have resigned myself to the reality that I can only do so much, and that my life will return its former order when Justin moves out at the age 45 years. Sigh...

Good morning.  Glad to hear it's not just me.  I do wear mascara always.  Especially now that my eyelashes are growing back in.  I try not to be late to things but stuff happens..... usually while I'm waiting for the teenage daughter.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: August 07, 2006, 09:42:59 AM »

Peaches, Justins etc.

I have the same problems but I fear Mr. Mermaid will never grow up nor move out.   Cool

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2006, 09:43:15 AM »

Arubagirl translation of Jossy Editorial Aug 7th - from Refugees posted at RU by SMS

Editorial by Jossy Mansur

Natalee’s Case Is Raising Its Head Again!

When we believed that the case left the magnetic publishing field in which it was a captiv, and the police and prosecutors could do their work in more tranquility, the sentence in the case of Paulus van der Sloot and the rejection of the Judge to take the case in New York, served as a combustion to feed the flames of passion on both sides. One could hear an optimistic Tacopina (only God and he know why!) in interviews after the New York ruling, without contributing anything new to the case. Just a reptition of ineffective things. He didn’t answer the cardinal questions (for example, how did Joran reach his home that night, and why did he lie so much and made up so many stories to lead the police astray).

In the meanwhile, in Curaçao the sentence awarding Paulus a sum of 50,000.00 florins was not well received by a Minister and the Police officials who have been in the same experience of a temporary detention, but who were awarded by insignificant amounts such as afl. 700.00 or afl. 7,000.00 while Paulus received the gift of afl. 50,000.00 from the pocket of the Aruban People!. The completely unequal sums again fired up emotions that in Aruba there is a justice of class; that if you are a Dutch person born in the Netherlands, all doors are open to you, but if you are a Dutch born in Aruba or in whichever other island, doors are hermetically sealed in the passageways of justice!*) Fair or not, those thoughts are still alive, instead of disappearing together with the colonial era that is behind us.

The case in New York is understandable because since a beginning experts of American law said that the Judge was going to dismiss the case by reason of territorial competency. The United States is not Aruba, and in the United States the Justice system is very different to the one that functions in Aruba. In addition, one of the fundamental arguments is that the case did not take place in New York, but in Aruba, which is a foreign island to the American justice system. For all practical purposes it is an understandable sentence. But, the one in Aruba left a lot of people astonished.

Now the case of Natalee is surging again. At DIARIO we work hard to continue with the investigation, because the three suspects still have not told us what happened with Natalee when she was in their company. No other person came forward to declare that they were with Natalee after Joran left her on the beach, as he himself declares. That reduces the mystery to the participation of of the three suspects, because only they declared that Natalee was with them when she disappeared.

Joran’s lies are many, and not, like a lawyer in the U.S. declares, because he is young, he got scared and he temporary lost his head. If he only told one lie, or at the maximum two, we could agree with Tacopina, but there are a lot of them that are documented by the Police. Let us review some of them briefly so that nobody stays with the image of purity that his lawyer wants to create for him.

1) Joran declared that he left Natalee at the Holiday Inn, where she stumbled and fell, and that one or more security guards came to help her enter the hotel to go to her room (this lie caused the guards various unnecessary days of detention).
2) Joran declared that Natalee asked him to look at the sharks behind the lighthouse
3) Joran declared that he was with Natalee on the beach, where the young girl fell asleep and that he left her lying on the beach.
4) After that he changed this declaration to which he said that Natalee became sick and he left her in that condition on the beach.
5) Next he declared to to the police that Deepak went back to Natalee on the beach, and that he believes that Deepak raped and killed Natalee (documented by 4 police officers!).
6) He declared also that he suspects that Deepak buried Natalee close to the first fisherman’s hut, and even went to there to the police, but nothing was found.
7) Joran declared to a Dutch interrogator who came to help with the case, that his shoe size (the one that he lost on the beach) was a 14, while in official statement to the police he said that it is 11.
8.) Deepak declared that Joran would face 15 years in prison if the girl would be found.
9) Joran declared that he is willing to go to the police to tell them how Satish hit a girl with a car.

In any case, there are so many of these declarations that I don’t understand how a lawyer (and a good lawyer, I’ve been told) can say happily that he lied because he was 17 years old and scared. However, in the same tape recorded in the police car he told Deepak and Satish that he doesn’t care going to jail because he can resist as long as necessary in jail. A healthy 17 year old boy does not make these kinds of declarations!

Besides all the previously mentioned lies, and many more, the case remains stuck. It doesn’t occur to anybody to go deeper to the bottom of all the documented declarations by Joran, Deepak and Satish, and the other interrogated witnesses? These statements were simply taken for what they were and were left lying on papers all this time. Like this you will not solve the case and it will go on creating problems for Aruba.

And now I have a question for the Government: why don’t you file a case against the three suspects and Paulus van der Sloot for all the damage that they caused Aruba? They were the ones who left with the girl in the late hours, in their company she disappeared; they themselves accused each other of doing something bad to Natalee, they themselves created all the stories and lies to lead the police astray! Why were local lawyers not consulted to start a case against Paulus and against the three suspects for all the material damage that they caused our island?

They are principally responsible for the bad reputation that Aruba and our justice system received in the exterior! I am of the opinion that there must be somewhere in the Law to persecute people who destroy the good name of a place, and cause considerable financial problems for its entire population.

Diario August 7, 2006, page 3

http://www.diarioaruba.com/dialuna/editorial/
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: August 07, 2006, 09:46:54 AM »

WOW!  Thanks Klaasend for bringing that over here...

GO JOSSY!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: August 07, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »

Mrs. Do you have reason to think something is wrong with MeMere?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: August 07, 2006, 09:52:05 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
WOW!  Thanks Klaasend for bringing that over here...

GO JOSSY!

Mrs. Red - did you see that Celeste posted an email she received from Julia Renfro last night? If not you should read back a couple pages.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: August 07, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

I think MeMere was going to visit some people.  I'll have to look through my emails.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: August 07, 2006, 09:55:17 AM »

I don't know... I just haven't seen her... and I just have a nagging feeling... maybe she just is on vacation. I am going to see if I can email her....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: August 07, 2006, 09:57:11 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I think MeMere was going to visit some people.  I'll have to look through my emails.

Thanks Klaasend... I couldn't remember if she was ok or not...

I did see that email from julia to Celeste..... and someone should tell aruba that julia only makes their tourism numbers worse!!  Oh, and I need to get some of those stamps, I will email you later...

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: August 07, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »

I am going to look on her chat thread she started in the lounge - I think she mentioned some sort of vacation or plans or something...........

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: August 07, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »

I did see that email from julia to Celeste..... and someone should tell aruba that julia only makes their tourism numbers worse!!  Oh, and I need to get some of those stamps, I will email you later...

I was just reading my last email from her.  She was going Louisiana to visit with relatives for a few days, that was on 7/29.  She's probably just not back yet.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: August 07, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »

I was just reading my last email from her.  She was going Louisiana to visit with relatives for a few days, that was on 7/29.  She's probably just not back yet.

GOOD!!!  I was worried.    Thank Klaasend... I should have just asked  you first Laughing  Laughing

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: August 07, 2006, 10:07:34 AM »

Cool MeMere is the best!  

But then again so are many Monkeys!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: August 07, 2006, 10:08:09 AM »

Cool MeMere is the best!  

But then again so are many Monkeys!

It's so true!!!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: August 07, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

Hey FM... have you taken pictures of your children and posted them yet????  DoBee is still waiting!  LOL...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: August 07, 2006, 10:15:16 AM »

If y'all get the chance, wander over to the political thread and read Anna's copy of the Sun Times editorial.... it's under the a Terrifying new war has begun topic.....

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: August 07, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!  Hi FM, Mrs. R, Klaas, Peaches, terryd and anyone else I may have missed.  

I have just been reading back to catch up...

JOSSY ROCKS!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Good Morning everyone!!  Hi FM, Mrs. R, Klaas, Peaches, terryd and anyone else I may have missed.  

I have just been reading back to catch up...

JOSSY ROCKS!

Hey Kimmy!!

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:29 AM »

Hey FM... have you taken pictures of your children and posted them yet????  DoBee is still waiting!  LOL...

I got some great shots of them and wanted to post them last night but Mr. Mermaid was in an intense EBay bid and hogging computer!

Tonight!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »

I got some great shots of them and wanted to post them last night but Mr. Mermaid was in an intense EBay bid and hogging computer!

Tonight!

Goody!  Dobee reads over my shoulder when I am at home... he will be all excited ... so will I!!  I love kittens!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.