March 29, 2024, 03:52:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #507 8/6 - 8/7/2006  (Read 144906 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #700 on: August 07, 2006, 01:50:30 PM »

Sorry I didn't have time to post this before my appt. this morning. Beth was on CBS Early show. Transcript by Heli@RU

CBS The Early Show Aug 7, 2006 FULL TRANSCRIPT

The Early Show on CBS
August 7, 2006

Transcribed from online videotape
on August 7, 2006 1125 EST
By Heli

VERBATIM AND COMPLETE

Renee:

Another blow for Natalee Holloway's parents. The Alabama teenager disappeared in Aruba 14 months ago and hasn't been seen since.

On Thursday, a Judge in New York threw out a lawsuit accusing Joran van der Sloot of being responsible for Natalee's disappearance. Beth Twitty, Natalee's mother filed that lawsuit with her husband. Beth, good morning.

Beth:

Good Morning Renee

Renee:

The suit was filed in New York and it was a bit of a long shot was it not?

Beth:

We knew it was a long shot from the beginning Renee, but you know, it's just hard to know what direction and what to do when you have a victim of a crime in a foreign country, I mean it's just ground breaking territory for everyone and you know, we feel as if we have to, you know, have tried these avenues.

Renee:

What were you hoping to accomplish by filing the lawsuit in New York?

Beth:

Oh, we were hoping for discovery, we were hoping for all those statements that have been taken from suspects and witnesses. We needed the complete file and to see if we could figure out, you know what had happened and that's just not going to happen now

Renee:

You said this is like grasping at straws just a bit. What was your reaction when you heard that it had been dismissed?

Beth:

You know, even though we knew it was a long shot, we knew it would be an uphill battle, but you know we had been building for this, gosh since February the 16th you know, emotionally and physically, so of course to find that that's not going to be a direction we can take, I was crushed Renee, of course.

Renee:

Yeah, yeah, are you still convinced that Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers had something to do with Natalee's disappearance or that they know of someone who did have something to do with her disappearance?

Beth:

Oh absolutely, and of course we know that they are the original three (3) suspects into her disappearance. You know the Judge filing the Motion to Dismiss the case heard here was a procedural ruling on jurisdictions so, there again, we face that wall again of jurisdictional issues when you have a victim of a crime in a foreign country.

Renee:

Jurisdictional issues, but it wasn't dismissed on the case's merits, does that give you hope?

Beth:

Well yeah, the facts still stand that these are the suspects into her disappearance but what is just so frustrating is just finding the venue and to have this case heard and I don't really know what we'll regroup and do from here Renee.

Renee:

Aruban authorities have arrested and then released ten (10) people in relation to this case, I mean do you have any legal options there, any legal avenues there? Can you file a suit there?

Beth:

You know, I really don't know at this point what John intends to do and I think that we were just you know, hopefully seeing that this would pan out but I just don't know what's ahead of us Renee.

Renee:

John Tacopina who is your lawyer, that's who you're talking about

Beth:

John Kelly

Renee:

Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Natalee's been missing for fourteen (14) months now, can you just describe to us what the last fourteen (14) months has been like for you. What do you miss most about your daughter?

Beth:

Oh well, you know it's been long, I can't believe we're going into, like you said, fourteenth, fifteenth month now and you know, but I keep thinking about Natalee, and of course I miss every aspect of her but now what I think we're moving into Renee is a larger picture than Natalee and when I say that, I mean and you know, Natalee represents and you know, crimes outside of our border and also she represents the challenges that a family will face should they find themselves victims of a crime in a foreign country

Renee:

Beth Twitty, thank you so much and good luck to you, we appreciate your time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this has not been posted elsewhere.....I am still catching up.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: August 07, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »

If anyone cares......posted by Boucheron at FOB today:

"We have just received a message from Medley, our special reporter from Aruba, letting us know that......

She is indeed having the time of her life but also has a very full schedule. That gives her little time to post here.

She wants all of us to know that she enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner with Joran, some good friends, Joran's family and Joran's Grandmother (Anita's mother) at Joran's favorite restaurant.

Joran is having a very happy birthday and appreciates all the good wishes from all of his friends. He has read all your birthday messages to him.

Needless to say how happy and honored Medley is to be celebrating Joran's birthday with him and his family. She finds Joran a very sweet young man.

She will try to stop by as much as she can.

Last edited on Mon Aug 7th, 2006 04:48 am by Boucheron
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: August 07, 2006, 02:03:59 PM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"

"We have just received a message from Medley, our special reporter from Aruba, letting us know that......

She is indeed having the time of her life but also has a very full schedule. That gives her little time to post here.

She wants all of us to know that she enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner with Joran, some good friends, Joran's family and Joran's Grandmother (Anita's mother) at Joran's favorite restaurant.

Joran is having a very happy birthday and appreciates all the good wishes from all of his friends. He has read all your birthday messages to him.

Needless to say how happy and honored Medley is to be celebrating Joran's birthday with him and his family. She finds Joran a very sweet young man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: August 07, 2006, 02:04:20 PM »

Quote from: "Shizaru"
Someone said on another site that MF is Joran's roommate?  Any truth to that?

MF claims to be the guy in the picture recently posted with Joran and Jamie too. Who knows. I always pictured 'MF' as older...hard to say.

The guy in the picture has been in sevral pix with Joran.
The first time I remember seeing his face was perhaps on Aruba Dirty Police where the picture was of three hoods walking down the street in Holland. Roommates in Holland. Thought the guys name was Dries ?
Don't know what they study ? Girls ? How to drink like a real man ?
How to tell if a girl wants to have fleshy intercourse with you just by the way she looks at you ? How to be Baaaaaad and make Mommy and Daddy pay for it ? How to grab money out of your Gramma's purse ?
Just imagine what kind of a school they attend ! !
I know ... it's the I Wanna Be Joey T School of Lawlessness .
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: August 07, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »

probably butt buddies....sorry, lol. Someyimes I can't help it.

Laughing
I'm glad b/c those times make me laugh!

And someytimes I can't help myself too!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: August 07, 2006, 02:19:59 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

MF claims to be the guy in the picture recently posted with Joran and Jamie too. Who knows. I always pictured 'MF' as older...hard to say.

The first time I remember seeing his face was perhaps on Aruba Dirty Police where the picture was of three hoods walking down the street in Holland. Roommates in Holland. Thought the guys name was Dries ?
How to tell if a girl wants to have fleshy intercourse with you just by the way she looks at you ? How to be Baaaaaad and make Mommy and Daddy pay for it ? How to grab money out of your Gramma's purse ?

Yep.....I have seen him in several pix.
LMAO@ EASY and his 'comment', lol.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 07, 2006, 02:29:40 PM »

Yep.....I have seen him in several pix.
LMAO@ EASY and his 'comment', lol.

It's NOT MF, he was just teasing when he said that was him.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: August 07, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I am going to barf.  Where is the barfdoll when you need it?   Confused
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: August 07, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

Has anyone taken the statements and the two interviews from greta and the one that they show on nancy grace... inside edition's or where ever it was.... and tried to pull out the things that are consistent?

maybe we could get a shread of truth.... they say there is a shread of truth in every lie....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:28 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I am going to barf.  Where is the barfdoll when you need it?   Confused

God would come from heaven and slap me himself if I posted what I think about all of this...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:31 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A McFlurry & Fries. Love the vomit. Hope the serving staff did something Offal to the food .
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 07, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »

Hope Mrs. Hugen ( Granny ) sleeps with her purse and a pistol. And doesn't take any " medicine " that Joran wants to dispense to her.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 07, 2006, 02:46:23 PM »

Just checked out FOB and those people are almost as bad as RU.  What a waste of oxygen.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: August 07, 2006, 02:47:31 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes[/quote]

I think I am going to barf.  Where is the barfdoll when you need it?   Confused[/quote]

God would come from heaven and slap me himself if I posted what I think about all of this...[/quote]
And Joe T would sue you.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: August 07, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »

Hope Mrs. Hugen ( Granny ) sleeps with her purse and a pistol. And doesn't take any " medicine " that Joran wants to dispense to her.

I think it would be a nice gesture, if he were to take her to see the sharks.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #715 on: August 07, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Quote from: "Peaches"
And to add - Satish didn't "make" another statement - He said he had nothing to add to the previous one he made at Bubali. Hmm.

Where is the Bubali statement?  Have we seen it?  

Or did it fall into the abyss with anything else that may have been evidence?

Gosh, I don't know Peaches, it was the first I heard of it in the statments I read on the sticky.  Maybe some other monkey knows?  Did they in fact make statements before these on the 9th?  I am not sure.
They made those statements after they were arrested or detained or whatever they call it there. There were statements made that caused the 2 security guards to be arrested.  The Kalpoe statements were given to Chris Lejuez as he was the lawyer for one of the guards. Not Joran's, just the Kalpoes.

The Bubali statements were made when they were "persons of interest," on about 5/31.  These were the dress reshersal, before the matinee, before the final dress rehsersal, before the real practice to get it right began.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #716 on: August 07, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I am going to barf.  Where is the barfdoll when you need it?   Confused[/quote]

God would come from heaven and slap me himself if I posted what I think about all of this...[/quote]
And Joe T would sue you.[/quote]

I am more worried about making God mad than tacky joe... Laughing  

he can't sue me for what I thinking or my opinion...

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:03 PM »

I know we're talking about in Aruba - but in general, if anyone knows, when someone is investigating a case, do different officers interogate/take statements from different suspects?  I always assumed that perhaps there would be a lead investigator (at least) who would interogate/take statements from each suspect/witness - ya know, to know the line of questioning, hone in on details provided in a previous statement/ answer etc.  I each of the 3's statements, it is a different set of officers - I do find this odd.  Maybe it is nothing.  I know, I know, it IS Aruba.

You must not have been watching Arleen.  She told us repeatedly we do not understand their system.  She failed to mention that is an "ad lib" system; that is what we do not understand.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "terryd270"
I just confused that we get some transcripts but not all of them.. Its like a tease, why not all of them?  I hate when I feel that someone is pulling strings and we all jump..  

I had a hard time finding gas this morning, is something up?? Two gas stations in my area was closed and I finally found one?

problem is  - not all of them are translated... these are the statements that Greta had before she went to the darkside...

Greta is proof indeed that money talks and integrity walks.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:16 PM »

I have been so disappointed in her coverage... but, having said that...

Court TV will never ever have my television on that channel again... not after what they did last week....

the entire panel and guest were pro-jvds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.