March 28, 2024, 09:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sargento Foods recalls cheese due to possible lysteria contamination 2/11/17  (Read 5553 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 11, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »

http://www.wkbw.com/news/sargento-foods-recalls-cheese-due-to-possible-lysteria-contamination

10:06 AM, Feb 11, 2017
PLYMOUTH, Wis. (AP) - PLYMOUTH, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin-based cheesemaker Sargento Foods Inc. is recalling a specialty cheese because of possible bacterial contamination.

Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified Sargento that it supplied the company with a Longhorn Colby cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes. No illnesses have been reported.

The recalled products are 6.84-ounce packages of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby with sell-by dates of April 12 and May 10, 2017, and 8-ounce packages of Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese with sell-by dates of June 14 and July 12, 2017.

The products were packaged at the Sargento plant in Plymouth, Wisconsin, and were distributed nationwide.

Sargento also recalled some products that were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese. No other Sargento products are affected.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »

Nut.....thank you so much for the recall information.  I have the Sargento Ultra Thin sliced baby swiss.  Think I will continue to monitor Sargento for a while longer.  In the meantime, thanks again.  Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:13:57 AM »

Additional items are also recalled......
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/12/health/sargento-cheese-recall/index.html

The cheese in question was all packaged at Sargento's plant in Plymouth, Wisconsin. The company said it was recalling five additional products packaged at that same facility "out of an abundance of caution."
Those include Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese and Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese.

Please read entire article if you have any sargento products.....

https://info.sargento.com/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:20:28 AM by Mere » Logged

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.