March 28, 2024, 02:07:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tad Cummins kidnapped 15 yo Elizabeth Thomas in Columbia, TN (SAFE!!)  (Read 4963 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: March 21, 2017, 07:56:56 AM »

AMBER ALERT ISSUED IN THE CASE OF MISSING 15 YEAR OLD ELIZABETH THOMAS

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TNAmberAlert?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 07:59:11 AM »

Tennessee manhunt: No sign of teacher and teenager

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

Despite hundreds of tips, authorities still don't know the whereabouts of a 15-year-old Tennessee teenager and her former high school teacher, who is charged in her abduction.
Tad Cummins, 50, who taught forensics at a high school in Culleoka, Tennessee, and Elizabeth Thomas, a freshman, have not been seen for more than a week, leading police to believe that he may be hiding her or that they have fled far from the state, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations.

They vanished on March 13, weeks after another student reported seeing the two kissing.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:37 AM »

AMBER Alert Update 4: Elizabeth Thomas

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/20/amber-alert-update-4-elizabeth-thomas/

One week ago today, Elizabeth Thomas vanished from Columbia, Tennessee. Our efforts to locate her – and the man believed to have kidnapped her – remain active and ongoing, but to this point have produced no credible sightings or actionable information about their whereabouts. The individuals could be anywhere, and the TBI continues to urge national vigilance in the ongoing effort to locate the missing girl and apprehend her alleged abductor.

Thomas, 15, disappeared on Monday, March 13th and is believed to have been kidnapped by 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a former teacher at her school in Maury County, Tennessee. On Tuesday, the school district in Maury County terminated Cummins in the wake of an ongoing investigation into alleged inappropriate contact he had with Thomas at the school earlier this year.

The TBI would urge the public to remain vigilant and report any information that may prove beneficial in the ongoing search to 1-800-TBI-FIND. If you spot the vehicle and can verify the license plate to be TN 976-ZPT, call 911 immediately.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:05:23 AM »

AMBER Alert Update 3: Elizabeth Thomas

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/18/amber-alert-update-3-elizabeth-thomas/

Efforts to locate missing high school freshman Elizabeth Thomas remain active and ongoing as the concern about her relationship with former teacher Tad Cummins – and his intentions for her – only heighten the urgency surrounding this ongoing AMBER Alert in Tennessee and Alabama.

Thomas, 15, disappeared on Monday, March 13th and is believed to have been kidnapped by 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a former teacher at her school in Maury County, Tennessee. On Tuesday, the school district in Maury County terminated Cummins in the wake of an ongoing investigation into alleged inappropriate contact he had with Thomas at the school earlier this year.

On Monday, investigative efforts placed Thomas in the area of Decatur, Alabama. Since then, however, there have been no credible sightings of either individual or the vehicle in which investigators believe them to be traveling. Neither individual has had contact with their families in spite of public pleas by relatives of both for the young girl’s safe return to Tennessee.

The TBI has received approximately 250 tips from 24 states. (See below for the list of states.) The low number of tips, combined with the limited resources Cummins is believed to have in his possession, leads investigators to believe he may be keeping her out of view of the general public. For example, he potentially may have them sleeping in the vehicle or Cummins may have driven them far away from Tennessee to a rural community. Having now been on the run for more than five days, Cummins may have taken her, frankly, anywhere.

Investigative efforts, over the past few days, continue to reveal a troubling pattern of behavior on the part of Cummins, and indicates he potentially planned this abduction prior to Monday. Nothing investigators have learned about Cummins or his intentions for the young girl since issuing the AMBER Alert calms the imminent concern for Elizabeth’s well-being. In fact, it only heightens it.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-teen-teacher-mexico-officials/story?id=46418043

With over 1,000 tips but no sightings of missing teen and ex-teacher, officials say they may be in Mexico
3-28-17

As the manhunt intensifies for a 15-year-old Tennessee student and her former teacher who allegedly kidnapped her, authorities say it's possible the two are in Mexico.

There have been no credible sightings of 50-year-old Tad Cummins and 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas in the two weeks they've been missing, officials said today. 

This morning, Brent Cooper, the district attorney for Maury County, Tennessee, asked members of the public to share the Amber Alert with friends and family members in Mexico and Central America, adding that Mexican law enforcement was notified of the Amber Alert and "it's possible that's where they are."

Cooper said Cummins "planned this in such a way that he had a 24-hour head start ... easily enough time for him to make it to Mexico."

Cooper called Cummins a "religious man" and said "it's possible that he's playing the role of a missionary in that area."

After the news conference, Cooper told ABC News that Cummins is "familiar with missionary work ... He could easily blend into that kind of culture."

Mark Gwyn, the director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, called the relationship between Cummins and Elizabeth a manipulation — not a "romance."

"Some have characterized this relationship as a romance. But this morning I want to caution the public to avoid anything that might look or sound like victim blaming," he said. "This is not a fairy tale. This is a case of kidnapping."

Cooper told reporters he apologized for using the term "romantic interest" and said he should have used the term "grooming."

He told ABC News that Cummins "had a fictional past that he told his students about. His students believed that he was former FBI, former CIA and that he had this mysterious past."

"He was kind of brainwashing all the kids into thinking he was something he wasn't," Cooper said. "I'm sure all that played into Elizabeth's feelings toward him. It was a complete deception."

"She may not realize she's in danger. She may not realize she's been taken against her will," he continued. "If you see them and they look happy, that doesn't matter. This is a serious crime."

The TBI said that Cummins, who was fired one day after the alleged kidnapping, "may have been abusing his role as a teacher to groom [Thomas] ... in an effort to lure and potentially sexually exploit her."

Cummins, a married father and grandfather, researched teen marriage online, specifically the age of consent, according to law enforcement officials.

Investigators have uncovered email draft messages between Thomas and Cummins, which authorities said show a romantic relationship between the two. According to authorities, after one of them would write a message, he or she would save the message as a draft, and the other person would log on, read the message and delete it.

One of Elizabeth's schoolmates reported seeing her and Cummins kiss in his classroom on Jan. 23, according to a school district investigative report, but both denied the claim. A school report from January reads that neither one "admitted to behaving inappropriately towards the other."   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »

#BREAKING RECOVERY
According to Tennessee Bureau of Investigation: Tad Cummins is under arrest and Elizabeth Thomas has been safely recovered in Northern California.

https://www.facebook.com/TBInvestigation/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »

http://wreg.com/2017/04/20/tad-cummins-arrested-elizabeth-thomas-safe/

Tad Cummins arrested, Elizabeth Thomas safe

Posted 12:01 pm, April 20, 2017, by George Brown, Updated at 12:13PM, April 20, 2017

SISKIYOU, Calif. — The TBI confirms Tad Cummins has been arrested.

The arrest happened in Siskiyou County in Northern California.

Elizabeth Thomas, 15, is safe.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:02 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.