March 29, 2024, 03:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following did Joran Van Der Sloot do?  (Voting closed: June 23, 2005, 08:34:44 PM)
Killed Natalee - 17 (25.8%)
Accidental death but he knew - 41 (62.1%)
He has no knowledge of what happened after he left the beach. - 8 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joran Van Der Sloots Involvement POLL  (Read 3874 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« on: June 23, 2005, 08:34:44 PM »

Choose JVDS involvment in the disappearence of Natalee.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »

I'll go with the second choice. Crying or Very sad
timmysdad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 08:57:59 PM »

I firmly believe that Natallie is dead. Jordan's father is aware of what happened to her and is remaining quiet to protect his son. Perhaps the son came to his father for advice as to what to do? If this is the case, being a judge and presumably a lawyer as well, why hasn't the father stepped forward to represent his son? Arubian law is of course different than that of Canada or the USA and perhaps this is not possible under their law?? The poor parents need closure one way or the other. Something needs to be done to bring closure. I suggest the stepfather be allowed 5 minutes alone with each of the detained.  [/i]
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:52 PM »

This is not meant to criticize the degree of options in the poll; some limits have to be established.

But I'm guessing that different people will place a certain scenario in different categories.  For instance, I would consider any scenario involving death after involuntary drug ingestion (esp. GHB) more of a "killing" than an accidental death.  Others may disagree.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:23 PM »

There will be new polls over time this was our first and we will learn from it.
DarnellMcTarnahan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 10:04:21 PM »

yeah I think he sold her so add that to your poll...all these people involved and risking their freedom for sex?  they coulda just gone to the aruba redlight district.  conspiracy to sell american girl with blonde hair and blue eyes to some underground pervert factory in some deprived latin american country. word. that's my theory.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:38:11 AM »

With such a short amount of time between the disapperance and the time Joren supposidly made it to school, I never could see this as a slave sale. That would take a lot more savvy to pull off. Nor can I see a reason for an A student with plans to leave for the US soon on scholarship to ruin his future with a premeditated murder. I think simplicity might end up being the best theory......an accidental death. But why would he lie so much if it were an accident rather than get help?

Some possibilities......he knew he was out past curfew and drinking which is against the law at his age. He might have panicked and not made the right choice. He might have been responsible if it were a drug overdose   and have feared calling in authorities. Has anyone considered that maybe they had a fight (ie he wouldn't take no for an answer) and she tried to get away by swimming....then drowned from being a combo of tired, inibreated/drugged, run into some kind of stinging sealife, rough waves, or rip tides farther out etc? And if she got into a rip tide (are there rip tides on this side of Aruba?), the current would pull her out rather than wash her back in to shore.  Either way, I think accidental is the most likely situation with a very bad response from Joran. I'd hate to think she could be drowning while the arrogant Joran stood on the shore watching....doing nothing to help!
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 07:55:35 AM »

I'll just add this, IF Joran slipped Natalee a rape drug and death was the result, than it was NOT accidental.   Granted, that may not have been Joran's intent (if that was what happened), but certainly the drug would have been a contributing factor to the death, therefore not an "accident".

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 08:26:28 AM »

That is true.....if he slipped her a drug he would be guilty of murder. The problem is going to be proving that he slipped it to her and it wasn't slipped to her at C&C's by someone else.   Another problem is going to be alcohol poisoning. I know Nat's friends have said they didn't think she was drunk. But if the group are all drinking, they might not be totally aware of what is going on with their drinks.....especially if they are new to alcohol. There are several stories of C&C's with pictures showing a rowdy place where the help literally tries to pour drinks down customers throats. Further, if drinks are being made strong, it takes a lot less of them to have an effect. The combo of alcohol and a drug could be deadly. If there was an OD partially responsible to alcohol, I wonder if C&C would have an liability being it's a foriegn country? I know that where I live, bar owners can be held liable for customers who get into trouble like auto accidents from drinking in their establishments. With a $5000 contribution to the reward, it looks like C&C is trying to cover their back.      

This situation is one of the most changing, topsy turvy cases I have ever heard of.  I hope there is some resolution soon.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.