April 19, 2024, 12:45:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Savannah Gold 21, missing 8-3-17 Jacksonville, FL BODY FOUND  (Read 6720 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: August 05, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/parents-of-missing-21-year-old-say-strange-circumstances-surround-her-disappearance/581640213

21-year-old mysteriously disappears; Family says they're getting strange texts
by: ActionNewsJax.com Updated: Aug 4, 2017 - 12:12 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is searching for a missing woman whose parents said there are suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

The parents of 21-year-old Savannah Gold said they last saw her Wednesday going to her job at Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard in Mandarin, Florida.

She headed to work and never came home, they said.

Gold's father, Daniel Gold, said around 6:30 p.m. as he was leaving for work, he got a strange text from his daughter saying she had met someone and was taking off.

"Hey i just [w]anted to tell you and mom i met a really great guy and we[']re running away together i love him and we[']re leaving to[n]ight i[']ll call you later when we get t
  • where we are g[oi]ng,” the text said, according to the missing person’s report.

Savannah Gold's brother got a similar text from his sister. Police are trying to get information from Savannah's old phones.

"Heyi quit im leavingwith my boyfriend i cant do this (expletive) anymore im fine justwant to get away," the text read, according to the police report.

"She has not met any boy. And if anybody would know, it would be me or her mom," Savannah Gold's best friend, Virjona Gjuraj, said.

Gjuraj said Savannah has not been active on social media since her disappearance.

Daniel Gold said Savannah's car was found in the Bonefish Grill parking lot with a slashed tire.

"Her car was outside with a slashed tire and her purse, with her ID, credit cards and money (were) in the car with it unlocked. That really got us concerned," Daniel Gold said.

Daniel Gold said Savannah never made it inside Bonefish Grill for her shift.

Coworkers told Channel 2's sister station Action News Jax that’s unlike Savannah.

"She’s a pretty consistent person. She always shows up for her shifts," coworker Rachel Quackenbush said. "She never calls out. It’s just a really sketchy situation."

Daniel Gold said Savannah lives at home with her parents and comes and goes as she pleases, but he just wants to know his daughter is safe.

"I want to know where she is. That’s all. She’s a grown woman. She’s 21 years old. She can go anywhere she wants to go. I want to be able to talk to her cause I love her. I want to be able to make sure she’s OK," Daniel Gold said.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/mom-of-missing-21-year-old-savannah-gold-i-just-want-to-know-where-she-is/581931269

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »

5'1" tall  100 lbs.  Blonde Hair blue eyes

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:18:32 PM »

maybe the cell pings can help find her

Mom of missing 21-year-old Savannah Gold: 'I just want to know where she is'
by: Letisha Bereola, Action News Jax Updated: Aug 4, 2017 - 11:40 PM
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/mom-of-missing-21-year-old-savannah-gold-i-just-want-to-know-where-she-is/581931269

About 30 minutes after Gold was supposed to be at work, her father Daniel said he got a text from Gold’s phone. It had misspelled words and said she was running away with a great guy she met and would call them later.

That was the moment Gold’s parents said they knew something was wrong.

“He showed it to me and I immediately knew that it wasn’t her," Sharon Gold said. "We text each other all day and every day … and this was not from my daughter. It was from someone else."

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 11:29:06 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/theawarefoundation/photos/a.582988958519542.1073741828.582675068550931/879150842236684

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.
Yesterday ·

***Missing***Savannah Gold went missing August 2, 2017 after not showing up for work at the Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard in Mandarin- Jacksonville, Florida. Around 6:30 that night her mother got a text reading, "Hey i just [w]anted to tell you and mom i met a really great guy and we[']re running away together i love him and we[']re leaving to[n]ight i[']ll call you later when we get t o where we are g[oi]ng,” according to the missing person’s report. The letters in the brackets are all the letters that were left out of the message which is very unusual for her to message like that. Her brother states he also received a similar text. "Heyi quit im leavingwith my boyfriend i cant do this (expletive) anymore im fine justwant to get away," according to the police report. They have tried to text and call the phone several times and are getting no response. Gold was supposed to be at work at 5:30 p.m. but her manager says she never came inside. Surveillance footage shows Gold's car pulling into the parking lot around 5:30 p.m. Her car was found in the parking lot with one of the tires sliced. Her purse was inside the car, her ID and credit card were on the floorboard behind the passenger seat and all the doors were unlocked. Her mother stated that the damaged tire had to be new because Gold's tire was damaged the night before as well. If you have any information please contact the number below. . #theawarefoundation #missing #SavannahGold #JacksonvilleFlorida #JacksonvilleSheriffsOffice Kathrine #WJXT #WJAX #WFOXTV

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »

Savannah's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/savannah.gold.7

Mom's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/sherri.gold1
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:49:28 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »

https://www.news4jax.com/news/jso-announces-arrest-in-case-of-missing-woman-found-dead

Police: Co-worker admits killing 21-year-old, dumping body
Accused killer seen passing out missing persons flyers of victim

By Allyson Henning - Reporter , News4Jax.com Staff
Posted: 1:57 AM, August 06, 2017
Updated: 11:34 AM, August 06, 2017

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A co-worker of a 21-year-old woman missing from Mandarin since Wednesday afternoon admitted to killing her and told investigators where they could find her body, Jacksonville police announced early Sunday.

A homicide detective, assisted by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team, found the body believed to be that of Savannah Gold on Saturday night in a lake at the end of Club Duclay Drive, off Blanding Boulevard near Collins Road.

Detectives said Lee Rodarte, 28, who police said was a culinary manager at Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard, admitted to killing Gold after police confronted him with discrepancies between his statement and what was seen on surveillance video in the parking lot of the restaurant.

"It shows Rodarte pull into the parking lot and back into a parking space approximately 25 minutes before Savannah arrives. At about 5:30 (p.m.), Savannah pulls up and parks a few spaces to the side of Rodarte," Lt. Steve Gallaher said.

Police said Gold, who also worked at the restaurant and police described as Rodarte's casual girlfriend, walked over to his car, talked for a few minutes, then got in the car.

"On video, it appeared a struggle took place in the car and the car was shaking and the door was opening and closing. Rodarte exits the car after a few minutes, walks over to her car, takes an object out of it and puts it in his. He then returns to her car and appears to puncture the front left tire of her vehicle. He returned to his vehicle and after a few minutes, he drove away, and Savannah never exited the car," Gallaher said.

After police arrested Rodarte at the restaurant Saturday night, he admitted to killing Gold and told police where they could find her body, JSO said.

Rodarte was charged with murder and tampering with evidence, and booked into the Duval County jail. Gallaher said an autopsy will be conducted Sunday or Monday to confirm that the body is Gold's and to determine her cause of death.

News4Jax spoke with one of Gold's co-worker Sunday, who said she saw Rodarte handing out missing person flyers the day after Gold was reported missing.

Gold's father visited the Westside lake that remains an active crime scene Sunday morning and left candles and a stuffed bear as a small memorial. He wasn't ready to give an interview but said from what he was told about her death, he was proud she fought for her life.

A representative of Bonefish Grill issued the following statement:

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Savannah and will miss the joy and happiness she brought to work every day. Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with family and friends during this difficult time, including the people she worked with here at Bonefish Grill."

The restaurant closed its doors Sunday. There was no word regarding when the location will reopen.

Gold's family has set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for expenses. Click here to donate.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:09:02 AM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-safety/2017-08-06/body-found-bonefish-grill-co-worker-arrested-death-savannah-gold

Body found; Bonefish Grill co-worker arrested in death of Savannah Gold

The search for 21-year-old Savannah Page Gold ended Saturday evening after Jacksonville police said the primary suspect in the Mandarin Bonefish Grill employee’s disappearance talked with detectives about her death and that her body was disposed in a Westside pond.

While family and friends searched for Gold, police revealed during an early Sunday morning news conference that they were busy looking through surveillance video in Mandarin and narrowed in on fellow Bonefish Grill employee, manager Lee Rodarte Jr., 28, after a contradiction developed with his alibi. The two had an on-and off-again boyfirend/girlfriend relationship, the Sheriff’s Office said.

The investigation led detectives to believe Gold walked over to Rodarte’s car in the Bonefish Grill parking lot Wednesday evening.

Lt. Steve Gallaher told First Coast News that Gold got into Rodarte’s car and a fight ensued.

Roadarte eventually exited his car and reportedly took an object from Gold’s vehicle and punctured one of her tires.

Police said surveillance video shows that Gold did not exit the suspect’s vehicle after the fight and, during a later interview, the suspect confirmed that the 21-year-old was killed inside the car.

According to Gallaher, Rodarte told police Saturday evening that Gold’s body could be found in a pond off Duclay Road on the Westside. The Sheriff’s Office dive team was then able to retrieve her body.

Police said Rodarte has been charged with murder and tampering with evidence.

At last check, he was in jail without bail awaiting his next court appearance.

https://twitter.com/JSOPIO/status/894078140892549120

Jax Sheriff's Office‏ Verified account
@JSOPIO 
10 hours ago
Savannah Gold:  #JSO has arrested Lee Rodarte, 28 years old, a manager at Bonefish Grill, where she worked, for her murder.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 11:29:31 AM »

https://twitter.com/AlexOsiadacz/status/894220009756659712

Alex Osiadacz‏
@AlexOsiadacz
Reporter @FCN2Go

Lee Rodarte will make first appearance today. He is the Bonefish Grill employee arrested in disappearance, murder of Savannah Gold @FCN2go
8:33 AM - 6 Aug 2017

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »

https://twitter.com/brittneydonovan/status/894227929110106117

Brittney Donovan
@brittneydonovan
Digital journalist CBS47/FOX30
11 minutes ago

Bonefish Grill in #Jacksonville is closed after Savannah Gold's body was found. She was reported missing Wednesday after missing her shift
9:05 AM - 6 Aug 2017

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:45 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/jso-body-believed-to-be-missing-jacksonville-woman-found-coworker-arrested/583096588

JSO: Body believed to be missing Jacksonville woman found; coworker arrested
Updated: Aug 6, 2017 - 12:24 PM

A body believed to be the remains of missing Jacksonville woman Savannah Gold were found late Saturday, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said.

The body was found off Club Duclay Road — near Blanding Blvd. — in west Jacksonville.

Gold’s coworker at Bonefish Grill, manager Lee Rodarte, 28, became a suspect after discrepancies were found in his story, JSO said.

Traffic tickets issued to Rodarte in 2006 show that he lived on the same street where the body was found.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »

I just knew it. Sad

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »

This is so sad.  I don't understand why they have to kill?  What makes people (usually men) get so angry they kill? 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.