March 28, 2024, 06:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal McDowell 38, msg. 8-25-17 – Baytown, TX Deceased  (Read 2689 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 04, 2017, 09:59:31 PM »

MISSING: Crystal McDowell – Baytown, TX (8/25/17)
 Posted By Kevin Cotter On August 29, 2017
http://www.texasequusearch.org/2017/08/missing-crystal-mcdowell-baytown-tx-82517/
8/29/17 — 38 year-old Crystal McDowell was alleged last seen in Baytown, Texas on August 25th 2017. Crystal was wearing pink to purple dress. Crystal is tanned, with long blonde hair. She has a birthmark in the lower, center-part of her back. If you have seen Crystal McDowell since her disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever regarding Crystal’s disappearance; please call the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office at (409) 267-2500.

09/02/17 — The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell has been suspended until further, credible information becomes available to law enforcement investigators. If law enforcement investigators request Texas EquuSearch to re-activate the search for Crystal, we will do so. Thank you to all of our searchers that came to search for Crystal.

09/02/17 — The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will begin on Saturday – September 2nd 2017 at 8:30 a.m. The search staging area will be at the Baytown Parks & Recreation maintenance facility, located at 1210 Park St. in Baytown, Texas 77520. We will be in need of foot searchers only. Please dress for some wet or muddy conditions, thick brush and possible mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your search Coordinator is Jack Boggess, and he can be reached at (713) 826-3869.

~~~Nut44x4/I have no idea if this has anything to do with the hurricane that hit on 8/25. If I find out it does, I'll move this to the Hurricane thread I set up in Missing persons.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »

vid @ link
Sheriff on vanished Texas realtor case says Hurricane Harvey is 'not the reason she's missing'
By AUDE SOICHETERIN BRADY LAUREN EFFRON  Sep 7, 2017, 12:29 PM ET
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-vanished-texas-realtor-case-hurricane-harvey-reason/story?id=49677553

“We don’t believe she parked it there,” Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said. “We believe that whoever parked it there had hoped that somebody would take it. They left the car unlocked and they left the keys in the console.”

Hargrave said he’s convinced foul play was involved.

“She wouldn’t just get up and leave her kids,” he said. “She wouldn’t do that so I think something is horribly wrong.”

a lot more @ link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »

09/09/2017 04:08 pm ET Updated 2 hours ago
Foul Play Suspected In Case Of Realtor Who Vanished Amid Harvey
Crystal McDowell was last seen the day before the storm ravaged the area.
By David Lohr
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/foul-play-suspected-in-case-of-realtor-who-vanished-amid-harvey_us_59b43c81e4b0b5e531068c5a

UPDATE: 6:37 p.m. ― Crystal McDowell’s body was located on Saturday, according to Texas EquuSearch. The organization is not releasing any additional details at this time.

PREVIOUSLY:
more @ link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/baytown-news/article/Baytown-realtor-found-dead-ex-husband-in-custody-12185733.php

Ex-husband expected to be charged in death of missing Baytown realtor
By Keri Blakinger Updated 6:16 pm, Saturday, September 9, 2017

Missing Baytown realtor Crystal McDowell was found dead Saturday, and her ex-husband is in custody and likely to face a murder charge, according to Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne.

The mother of two vanished on the eve of Hurricane Harvey, kicking off a dayslong search that ended in tragedy Saturday.

Hawthorne confirmed the find and that Steve McDowell had been taken into custody, but he did not immediately offer details as to time or location.

McDowell vanished on Aug. 25, after telling her boyfriend she was headed to her ex-husband's house near Mont Belvieu to pick up her children, ages 8 and 5. When her family didn't hear from her, they called authorities the following day to report her missing.

But the storm crept into town that weekend, inundating homes and flooding roadways - and hampering any potential search efforts.

Eventually, her car turned up at a nearby Motel 6. Her phone pinged from a marshy area in Baytown.

And as the investigation and search continued, the list of persons of interest grew longer.

Finally, when crews made their gruesome find Saturday, the realtor's ex-husband Steve McDowell was taken into custody.

Even as grieving family members waited for word of the formal charges, they took to Facebook to share their sorrow.

"She is a light in the heavens that can never be extinguished," wrote her uncle Jeff Walters. "She is an Angel that watches over us all with that bright smile."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »

I had a bad feeling about this.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »

I had a bad feeling about this.

Me too.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.