April 19, 2024, 10:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Kara Kopetsky msg 5-4-07 Belton, MO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 94726 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2017, 05:36:31 PM »

If any of you use Periscope...I am going to try to scope live this weekend from Belton HS to the area where the skulls were found.  I have never scoped before but will try weather permitting and if police have opened area back up on Y hwy.  My name on periscope is JackieKC.

my name on Periscope is JackieInKC not the one I shared a few days ago.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2017, 01:40:06 AM »

http://www.stltoday.com/

Racing team publicizes search for the missing
By Riddhi Trivedi-St. Clair
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
04/06/2008

WARRENTON — Next month it will be a year since Kara Kopetsky, then 17, was reported missing from her high school in Belton, Mo., near Kansas City.

Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, has not given up hope of finding Kara.

So when the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation contacted her earlier this week about putting Kara's picture on one of the Team Hornbeck Racing cars, Beckford jumped at the chance.

"It's all about creating awareness and getting the word out," Beckford said Saturday at the annual Warrenton Home and Garden Show, where Team Hornbeck debuted six cars for this year's dirt track season.

The team is a partnership of race car drivers that helps support the foundation's mission through financial support and by featuring photographs of missing children on its cars.

The foundation was formed by Shawn's family after he was reported missing in October 2002. Shawn was found in January 2007— along with William "Ben" Ownby of Beaufort, Mo. — in the Kirkwood apartment of their abductor, Michael Devlin.

Photographs of 30 missing Missouri children will be rotated throughout the season.

The team was founded last year and had three cars featuring photos of missing children. This year, said Craig Akers, Shawn's stepfather, they wanted to have a driver in every category: This season's first race was to be held Saturday night at the Montgomery County Speedway in New Florence, Mo., but was canceled because of weather.

Races are held every Saturday through September.

Ideally they would like to find all of the missing children, Akers said, but he hopes that through the team's efforts, families might at least be able to find some information about whether the children are still alive.

"You hope for a positive outcome, of course, but even a negative outcome is better than not knowing," Akers said.

That's what Becky Klino, of Skidmore, Mo., is hoping. Her son, Branson Perry, who was 20 at the time, was last seen in 2001. Since then, the family hasn't stopped looking for him, but they have heard nothing, Klino said.

"You never know where the leads may come from," she said. "This may help us find him, or at least we will know what happened."

RE: Branson Perry:    Sadly, both of Branson's parents died before ever finding out what happened to him. Bob Perry passed away in 2004. Rebecca Kilno passed away of melanoma cancer in February 2011. It was written in Klino's obituary that she had been preceded in death by her son.

"I think she knew he wasn’t alive," said Monica Caison, founder of the CUE Center for Missing Persons, "but she always wanted to continue to look for him either way.”

Branson's aunt, brother, other family members, and friends of Klino's are still looking for answers. Caison has vowed to continue the search for answers on their behalf.

Due to the circumstances, Branson Perry's disappearance has been classified as Endangered Missing/Homicide and a sample of his DNA has been placed in the CODIS database, in the hopes that his remains might someday be found and returned to his family. http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2011/04/041101-branson-perry-20-skidmore-mo.html I remember this case, very strange. I always believed he was murdered. I thought we had him posted here, but a search did not find anything except his name in some other subjects. Don't ask me why I am posting this, I have no clue. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »

Remains are Kara Kopetskys 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/story/36152554/family-members-confirm-remains-found-identified-as-kara-kopetsky#.WZTCcPeZGI8.twitter

Family members confirm remains found identified as Kara Kopetsky

Family members confirm to KCTV5 that human remains found in April in Cass County belong to Kara Kopetsky.

Kopetsky disappeared in 2007. The then 17-year-old was last seen leaving Belton High School the morning of May 4, 2007. She would have just finished her junior year in high school.

Her disappearance was one of the most high-profile missing persons cases in the Kansas City area.

The news Thursday comes about four months after investigators discovered remains from two humans in the same rural area of western Missouri.

A mushroom hunter found remains in an area south of Belton, and a second skull was found nearby the following day.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »

OMG I worked so hard on this case. So glad she can go home now RIP Kara!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2017, 11:38:32 PM »

Remains are Kara Kopetskys  

RIP,i cant know how fam feels, knowing though
has to to be better than the not knowing

hope they ID the second skull
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:29:52 PM by cw618 » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »

me

i missed that they ID Jessica, from same area

guess he thought been 10yr no one has found Kara
so no one would find Jessica here

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2017, 11:45:18 PM »

me

i missed that they ID Jessica, from same area

guess he thought been 10yr no one has found Kara
so no one would find Jessica here

Yes, they did ID Jessica I believe about 6 months ago???
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2017, 02:12:04 AM »

Yeah...4.5 months ago.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »

http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/05/yust-admitted-to-strangling-hiding-bodies-of-kara-kopetsky-jessica-runions-per-investigators/

Yust admitted to strangling, hiding bodies of Kara Kopetsky & Jessica Runions per investigators
POSTED 7:38 PM, OCTOBER 5, 2017
VIDEO
CASS COUNTY, Mo. -- The man long-believed to be a killer is now suspected of murder. On Thursday Cass County prosecutors formally charged Kylr Yust with two counts of first degree murder and two counts of abandoning a corpse related to the disappearances and killings of Kara Kopetsky in 2007 and Jessica Runions in 2016.

A decade separated the disappearances, but their remains were found near each other, just a few days apart in April 2017 when a mushroom hunter stumbled upon bones in rural Cass County. Yust has been in jail and charged with burning Runions' car in Jackson County, where he is still in custody.

Court papers show that the prosecutor's case started back on April 28th of 2007 -- days before Kopetsky disappeared. She told police that Yust kidnapped her after they broke up.

A judge granted her request for a restraining order on April 30th, four days before it's believed that she was killed. Kopetsky was just 17 years old when she disappeared, and was last seen leaving Belton High School in May of 2007.

Court records show that over the years investigators tried to crack Yust multiple times.

Between April of 2010 and June of 2012, multiple people who knew him called police saying Yust admitted to choking Kopetsky to death.

(Editor's note: see bottom of page for a summary of Yust's admissions to the killings)

Yust was sentenced to federal prison for drug distribution in November of 2013, and put on supervised release on September 2, 2016. That court order reads:

"You shall serve one weekend confined at a facility designated by the Bureau of Prisons. You shall report to the designated facility, as instructed by the probation officer, on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and will be released the following Sunday at 7:00 p.m. You are to pay subsistence as directed."

On September 9, 2016, Runions was reported missing a day after leaving a party with Yust where he was behaving possessive of Runions and acting aggressively towards others according to witnesses. They said Yust was drinking heavily at the party and arguing with Runions.

Police found her burned-out car on September 10. A man who was with Yust that same day told police that he drove Yust to his home in Edwards, Mo., and he was recovering from burns he received setting Runions' SUV on fire. The SUV was found in the area of 95th Street and Blue River Road. That man told police that Yust said he strangled Runions and "she was gone." Yust added that he had dragged her body into the woods.

After he left Yust, that man contacted police and told them everything Yust had said and where he was. Yust was arrested on September 11, investigators noted he had burns to his face, hands and arms, in addition to scratches on his face.

Months later on April 4th, a mushroom hunter contacted police to report that he found the remains of two people in heavy woods near Y Highway and 233rd Street. Investigators used DNA and dental records to identify the remains of Runions and Kopetsky.

Yust is awaiting trial on October 23 in Jackson County for a charge of knowingly burning or exploding related to the torching of Runions' SUV. As court proceedings take place for the murder charges, Yust will be held on a $1 million bond.

SUMMARY at link

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2019, 08:40:46 AM »

They are trying to say Kylr Yust is mentally incompetent....  It might not talk about it all below but it's been on the news and FB about it for the last couple of weeks. Just wanted to let you guys know.  I have met Jessica's mom and she is fighting tooth and nail!!

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/investigations/new-evidence-released-in-yust-murder-cases
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2019, 08:59:20 AM »

I guess the trial has been cancelled for November 2019 and no other court date has been set. 

https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/jury-trial-canceled-in-kylr-yust-double-murder-case/article_13d28f2c-d98f-11e9-b010-1f24395899bc.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.