March 29, 2024, 07:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherin Mathews 3 YO, Richardson, TX Missing 10/07/17 Deceased  (Read 37213 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/KETK/status/922181982523621376

Justice for Sherin! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/10/24/wesley-mathews-wake-nurse-wife-sherin-mathews-choked-death

2 hrs ago
Why didn't Wesley Mathews wake his nurse wife as Sherin Mathews choked to death?

RICHARDSON –  Sherin Mathews’ breathing slowed and her pulse stopped, but in the account that her father gave police, he never woke his wife, a registered nurse who works at Dallas Children’s Medical Center.

Court records released Tuesday show that Wesley Mathews gave police an alternate version of how his 3-year-old daughter ended up dead in a Richardson ditch. But his wife, Sini Mathews, has remained silent.

Wesley Mathews told police that Sherin died from choking after he “physically assisted” her with drinking milk in the garage at 3 a.m Oct. 7 and that he removed her body from their Richardson home. He had previously said she went missing after he put her outside as punishment for not drinking her milk. He waited hours to call police.

Wesley Mathews, 37, was arrested Monday on a charge of injury to a child. He previously posted bond after being arrested on a charge of child endangerment the day Sherin went missing.

Sherin's body was positively identified Tuesday, two days after being found a mile from their home. Sini Mathews, police said, has yet to answer their questions about what happened the day the girl went missing.

It is unclear whether authorities believe Wesley Mathews’ new account. Autopsy results that will determine Sherin's cause of death are pending. 

Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said officers spoke with Sini Mathews on Monday about identifying clothing on Sherin’s body. She told police the clothing, which Perlich did not detail, could have been something her daughter wore. She also provided police with dental records, which were used to identify Sherin.

Her attorney, Mitch Nolte, said they do not plan to provide any comment or interviews to police at this time.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

BREAKING: Wesley Mathews told police Sherin died while choking on her milk. He admitted to moving the body from their home.  http://www.fox4news.com/news/father-of-missing-richardson-girl-now-claims-she-died-choking-on-milk

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/us-canada-news/heartbreak-anger-in-uss-richardson-after-3-year-old-indian-girls-death/articleshow/61221299.cms

Heartbreak, anger in US's Richardson after 3-year-old Indian-American girl's death
PTI | Updated: Oct 25, 2017, 22:38 IST

HOUSTON: People in the US city of Richardson are mourning and angry over the tragic death of 3-year-old Indian-American girl Sherin Mathews, with many asking why her foster father did not wake his nurse wife when he knew that the toddler was chocking on milk and struggling to breathe.

Meanwhile, Richardson police are sharing new details into their ongoing investigation into the disappearance and death of Sherin.

Richardson Police Department sergeant Kevin Perlich told reporters that they had previously searched the area near the culvert where Mathews' body was found on Sunday but had come up empty-handed.

After heavy rainfall overnight Saturday, police returned to the area near East Spring Valley and South Bowser roads with cadaver dogs Sunday morning, knowing that rain tends to help intensify smells. An investigator and search team said the little girl's clothed body was then found "a ways into the culvert," according to Perlich

Yesterday, Richardson police made a plea for Sini to agree to speak with the police. She has reportedly not cooperated with the police since the weekend of October 7.

Her attorney Kent Starr said she is "distraught" over the loss of her daughter and that she is trying to regain custody of her four-year-old biological daughter who was placed in foster care after her sister's disappearance.

Starr told NBC 5 yesterday that he has withdrawn and is no longer Sini's criminal defence attorney.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/25/father-deceased-richardson-child-suicide-watch/

Father Of Deceased Richardson Child On Suicide Watch In Jail
UPDATED | October 25, 2017  5:30 PM
October 25, 2017 4:57 PM

DALLAS (CBS11) – The Richardson father who confessed to disposing of his daughter’s body after he says she choked on milk is now on suicide watch at the Dallas County Jail.

Around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Wesley Mathews arrived at the jail in Dallas from Richardson.

A spokeswoman for the jail said he underwent a mental health evaluation. His answers “raised red flags.” Combined with the high-profile nature of his case, she says a decision was made to place him on suicide watch.

During that time, he will be in a single-person cell, isolated from other inmates and under constant surveillance. The suicide watch will last 24 hours. Then, he will be re-evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Wesley Mathews is charged with a first degree felony charge of injury to a child.

Sunday, his missing daughter’s body was found in a culvert, less than a mile from their Richardson home.

Sherin’s official cause of death has yet to be released by the medical examiner’s office.

Wesley Mathews’ bond is set for $1 million.

Late Wednesday afternoon, the attorney for Sherin’s mother, Sini Mathews released a statement about her cooperation with police during the investigation but is not willing “to endure further police interrogation.”

The statement said Sini had nothing to do with Sherin’s death or the removal of her body from their home.

Here is the complete statement:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/362626783

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/36683390/orphanage-owner-says-texas-girl-had-no-eating-issues

Orphanage owner says Texas girl had no eating issues

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 3:07 pm CDT
Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 3:09 pm CDT

DALLAS (AP) - The owner of a now-closed orphanage in India where a young girl was living before being adopted by a Texas couple says the child had no eating issues despite her adoptive father's account to police when reporting her missing.

The body of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews was found in suburban Dallas on Sunday. Police have said Wesley Mathews told them the girl was malnourished and needed to eat at odd hours.

The orphanage owner, Babitha Kumari, told WFAA the girl had no problems eating or drinking milk when she was adopted last year.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2017, 10:18:38 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/K-9-Handlers-Who-Found-Sherin-Mathews-Share-Their-Story-453464213.html

K-9 Handlers Who Found Sherin Mathews Share Their Story
Published 3 hours ago

When the more than two-week search for 3-year-old Sherin Mathews ended on Sunday morning, the teams working to find her believe they were able to bring the little girl home.

"I started doing this a long time ago in the military, and there was always a sense of bringing somebody home was something good," said Jerry Seevers, one of the K-9 handers on the scene Sunday when Sherin's body was discovered.

Seevers and 15 other handlers help make up the team at the nonprofit MARK9 Search & Rescue. The team is made up entirely of volunteers who are specially trained to help law enforcement and first responders in search and rescue operations.

MARK9 assisted Richardson police in several prior searches for Sherin Mathews as police looked in wooded areas near the Mathews family home, helping police rule out certain spots and refocus on others.

Sunday, five pairs of volunteers and dogs from MARK9 responded to another request from Richardson police to search for Sherin again. Searchers say the weather conditions were ideal. Overnight rain along with a breezy and humid morning helped dogs pick up the scent.

One K-9 led her handler to a field north of the Mathews home and eventually to the culvert where investigators found the small child's body.

"She started doing it from a long way off, and it wasn't an area she was supposed to be looking in, but that's how it concluded," said Seevers, of the K-9's path. "She found her way there. One of the things we have to do is we have to believe in them and she took us there."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2017, 07:16:34 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/the-child-god-took-away/20171026.htm

The child God took away
Last updated on: October 26, 2017 19:38 IST

Sherin Mathew left her hometown in Bihar in late 2015 for a new home in America.
Vaihayasi Pande Daniel tracks down her tragic story.

Sherin Mathew

IMAGE: A photograph of Saraswati, later Sherin Mathew, taken in 2015 in India before she was adopted.
Wednesday, October 25, saw a simple but poignant prayer ceremony take place in a children's home in Nalanda, a small town southeast of Patna, Bihar.

On a table, covered with a bright red and white floral cloth, a photograph of a toddler was placed and a mala (garland) of marigolds was draped over the picture.

Two plastic-wrapped teddy bears, one of them electric pink and the other saffron, flanked the photo.

Seven or eight people paid their respects with more flowers, agarbatti and a diya.

The baby girl in the picture had short black curls, twinkling eyes. She wore a bright pink top and a beautiful little smile.

Remembers Babita Kumari wistfully, who speaks Hindi with a sharp north Bihari accent and had once took care of this child, "Bahut pyari ladki thi (She was a very lovable child).

Three-year-old Sherin Mathew, who died, tragically, far, far away from her hometown, across the world in Richardson, Texas, spent six months of her early life as Saraswati in Nalanda, before she was sent for adoption to the United States of America.

Saraswati/Sherin's short life was haunted by sadness right from the start, it would seem. She was found "khoyee huee (gone astray)" in Gaya, 72 km from Nalanda on February 15, 2015.

Saraswati was just a few months old at the time. "She was judged to be six months because she was able to sit and halka phulka khattee thi (she could eat light food)," recalls Kumari.

It was also quite apparent that Saraswati was abandoned. Not lost.

Kumari has no details of what the girl was wearing or if she had any bangles, threads on her wrists or religious markers on her little person when Gaya's local child-line services found her.

Within a few days the child-line staff -- and the Bal Kalyan Samiti who took Saraswati in temporarily -- figured out that the baby now no longer belonged to anyone.

When a child gets lost, Kumari explains, there are usually enquiries for her/him at local police stations or the missing's child photographs are circulated.

But no one seemed to be looking for Saraswati.

Prayer ceremony for Sherin Mathew in Nalanda

IMAGE: A prayer ceremony was held for Sherin Mathew/Saraswati in Nalanda, October 25, 2017, the day before Chhath. Photographs: Kind courtesy Babita Kumari

The forsaken child was sent later that month in 2015 to Nalanda and to Kumari's Nalanda Mother Teresa Anath Seva Ashram, the nearest agency for housing orphans, to join 15 other parent-less children.

The Nalanda ashram has been in existence since 2003. Kumari, who adores kids, had a wish to care for destitute children ever since she saw an infant being brutally taken away by a stray dog when she was younger.

An admirer of the legendary Calcutta nun, the Nalanda social worker started up the ashram 14 years ago and named her facility after Mother Teresa.

In 2009 she received a license from the local government and in 2011 she started receiving funding to take care of "lawarais bachche (orphaned children)."

Saraswati, who received her new name from the child welfare department personnel who found her in Gaya, spent from February to November 2015 in Kumari' custody.

"She left at around Chhath in 2015," recalls Kumari.

"She made lovely tutli (baby talk). She was not a quiet child. Bahut chanchal lakdi thi. Hasti, khelti, daurti thi (She was a lively child. She laughed, played and ran about)," remembers Kumari fondly.

The child appeared totally normal except for the fact that her left eye was mildly smaller than the right, says Kumari.

Saraswati, shortly after she arrived in Nalanda, as per government procedure, was put up for adoption and her details circulated online.

Her tiny defect made her eligible for international adoption. Children with even barely imperceptible disabilities, explains Kumari, are given wider possibilities for adoption so they are not "left on the shelf".

This complex process finally threw up Sini and Wesley Mathew -- she a nurse and he a techie -- as possible candidates for parents.

The Mathews were looking to adopt a child as a sibling to their elder natural born daughter.

While the Mathews, who hailed from Kerala, could have adopted a child from their home state, the process doesn't work that way, points out Kumari, because adoptive parents have to choose from the pool of children available at any given time and that brought the Mathews all the way to this sleepy town in north Bihar.

Kumari remembers that Wesley was in touch with her first. Sini and Wesley came to see Saraswati in mid 2015. "The father and mother came to Nalanda to see Saraswati. Bahut acche the (They were very nice). They seemed like decent people."

"The mother could not speak Hindi and only spoke English, but the father communicated with me. They seemed like a good family."

After they left, and the adoption was still being finalised, Wesley would call and ask Kumari to put Saraswati on the phone so he could hear her charming baby talk.

Later in 2015 the Mathews took Saraswati to America, where the one year old began a new life as Sherin Mathew in Texas.

Kumari heard nothing more of Saraswati. Not how she was faring in America. Or with her brand new family till a heartbreaking call came in October 2017 from the Central Adoption Resource Authority, New Delhi. to say that the tot had gone missing from the porch of her home on October 7.

"On October 12 I got a call from CARA that bachchi miss kar gayee (that the child has gone missing)."

Wonders Kumari, "What kind of system is this that a parent would leave a child outside the house at 3 am! I then heard more details from (a reporter from) the Times of India. I requested that someone should put me in touch with the parents. But I did not hear anything."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/29/sherin-mathews-body-sent-to-funeral-home-as-indian-community-holds-vigil-for-toddler.html

Sherin Mathews' body sent to funeral home as Indian community holds vigil for toddler
Fox News

Three-year-old Sherin Mathews's body was found by cadaver dogs. Her adopted father Wesley Mathews is behind bars on a charge of injury to a child.

Little Sherin Mathews’ body has been sent to a funeral home by the Dallas medical examiner, Fox News learned Sunday.

A spokesman for the office confirmed the adopted girl's body was released Saturday, but would not say to whom.

He declined further comment.

The cause of Sherin's death is still pending, a spokesman for the police department in Richardson, Tex., told Fox News Sunday.

Her body was found inside a drain under a road in Richardson on Sunday by cadaver dogs.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »

Rest in Peace, dear Sherin.   an angelic monkey

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sherin-Mathews-Laid-to-Rest-in-Small-Private-Ceremony-Attorneys-Say-454325233.html

Sherin Mathews Laid to Rest in Small, Private Ceremony, Attorneys Say
Published at 3:20 PM CDT on Oct 31, 2017 | Updated 6 hours ago

Sherin Mathews, the 3-year-old found deceased in a drainage culvert Oct. 22 after being reported missing weeks before, was laid to rest Tuesday.

Mitchell Nolte and Gregg Gibbs, lawyers representing the Mathews family, released a statement Tuesday on the family's behalf saying the child was laid to rest in a small, private ceremony that was conducted according to the religious beliefs and cultural heritage of the family.

"Because of the intense press and social media attention in this case, the family chose to keep the ceremony private so the focus could be on Sherin’s future in Heaven and not on her tragic death on earth. Because of personal security concerns and threats of grave desecration, they have chosen to keep the burial location private as well. Sherin deserves that assurance of peace," the family's lawyers said in a statement.

Someone in attendance told NBC 5 Sherin's casket was covered in flowers and stuffed animals.

"Sherin’s family and friends recognize that many people around the world have become emotionally involved in her heartbreaking death. While they cannot express their gratitude to everyone personally, please know they do appreciate the outpouring of love for Sherin and thank everyone for their kindness and prayers," the lawyers said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sherin-mathews-laid-to-rest-with-mom-in-attendance/487603865
Sherin Mathews laid to rest with mom in attendance
4:49 PM. CDT October 31, 2017

Her burial location is being kept a secret, the attorneys said, who confirmed to WFAA that Sini Mathews, Sharin Mathews' adoptive mother, was in attendance, along with close family and friends.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/mother-of-dead-richardson-girl-arrested-for-child-endangerment

Mother of dead Richardson girl arrested for child endangerment

By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED: NOV 16 2017 03:11PM CST
UPDATED: NOV 16 2017 03:42PM CST

The mother of a Richardson 3-year-old who was reported missing and later found dead was arrested on Thursday.

Sini Mathews was arrested by Richardson police Thursday afternoon on a child endangerment charge related to the death of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews.

According to an arrest affidavit, Sini and Wesley Mathews, Sherin's adoptive parents, left the 3-year-old alone for an hour and a half while they went out to dinner at a North Garland restaurant on Oct. 6 with their biological 4-year-old daughter.

The affidavit says Wesley told police he grew impatient when Sherin refused to drink her milk and decided to leave her at the home alone while he went out to dinner. He says he told Sini to come with him, and she voluntarily went to dinner with him, knowing Sherin would be left alone.

Sherin was reported missing by Wesley on Oct. 7. Her body was later found in a culvert just north of the family's home on Oct. 22.

Initially, Wesley told investigators Sherin went missing after he left her outside as punishment for not drinking her milk. Later, he admitted to police that she was never missing at all. He claims Sherin choked and died when he physically helped her drink her milk. He admitted to moving her body.

Wesley is currently in jail on felony charges.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/biological-child-of-richardson-couple-now-living-with-relatives

Biological child of Richardson couple now living with relatives

By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED: NOV 20 2017 07:27PM CST

The biological child of the Richardson parents charged in connection with the disappearance and death of a 3-year-old will live with relatives.

Child Protective Services on Monday announced the four-year-old daughter of Wesley and Sini Mathews is with family members in Houston and no longer in foster care.

CPS took custody of the couple’s 4-year-old daughter when Wesley first reported that 3-year-old Sherin was missing. He eventually admitted to moving her body. He told investigators she chocked and died after he forced her to drink her milk.

Because of the questionable circumstances surrounding Sherin’s death and possible additional criminal charges, the state did not want to offer any type of reunification services.

Both Wesley and Sini Mathews remain behind bars at the Dallas County Jail.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/judge-reduces-bond-for-sherin-mathews-mother

Judge reduces bond for Sini Mathews, mom of dead Richardson 3-year-old
Posted: Nov 27 2017 10:20AM CST
Video Posted: Nov 27 2017 12:18PM CST
Updated: Nov 27 2017 04:15PM CST

DALLAS - The mother of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews may get out of jail after having her bond reduced.

Sini Mathews showed no emotion on Monday when the judge lowered her bond from $250,000 to $100,000. She was arrested and charged with endangering a child after police determined she left her adopted daughter home alone on the night before she was reported missing.

During the hearing, prosecutors called her a flight risk and strongly argued against the reduction. The lead detective in the case testified she asked her pediatrician for shot records so she and her biological 4-year-old daughter could go to India.

But Mathews’ attorney said that was a mistake. He said although she did inquire about shot records, she did not make any arrangements to leave the country and has already surrendered her passport.

In the end, the judge did not agree and decided to reduce Mathews' bond by more than half the amount. Her attorney said they were still discussing whether she would bond out, even with the massive reduction.

"We're happy the judge reduced the bond, we hoped it would be a little less. It's reasonable," Nolte said.

The judge will require her to be under house arrest with an ankle monitor.

Wesley Mathews remains in jail charged with injury to a child.

The couple's 4-year-old daughter is now living with relatives near Houston. Prosecutors are working to take away Sini's visitation rights for the child. That could happen at a hearing later this week.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/sherin-mathews-doctor-reported-signs-abuse-before-3-year-olds-death.html

Sherin Mathews' doctor reported signs of abuse before 3-year-old's death
6 hours ago

A physician said she notified Child Protective Services in March after she found several bone fractures on Sherin Mathews, a 3-year-old girl adopted from India who was found dead in suburban Dallas last month.

Dr. Suzanne Dakil testified on Wednesday in a custody hearing in which the girl’s adoptive parents, Wesley and Sini Mathews, were seeking to recover their biological child, 3, from state custody. Their daughter, originally placed in foster care, has been staying with relatives, Dallas News reported.

The testimony revealed that Sherin had a bone fracture in September 2016, after her family said the little girl was pushed off a couch by her sister, Dallas News reported. In January, a physician referred Mathews to Dakil because the toddler was underweight.

SHERIN MATHEWS’ BODY SENT TO FUNERAL HOME AS INDIAN COMMUNITY HOLDS VIGIL FOR TODDLER

The little girl was hospitalized for a skin infection and possible joint and muscle infections.

Sini Mathews told the doctor that Sherin had fallen at the playground and that she grabbed her, but Dakil said the injuries were “not consistent with that explanation.”

Dakil said that after looking at X-rays, she determined that the girls's legs were fractured. Sini told Dakil that Sherin had brittle bones as a result of the poor diet she had in India. However, the doctor determined that the injuries had occurred after she moved away from India.

"At that point, I had no explanation other than this child had been physically abused," Dakil said.

The Mathewses, who face criminal charges arising from Sherin’s death, invoked their Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination and refused to answer questions on Wednesday.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2017, 11:50:01 PM »

thanks for the updates grace-land

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

thanks for the updates grace-land

You're welcome, cw618.
This is a very sad case.  Hoping for swift justice for Sherin.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/12/01/cps-failed-sherin-mathews-commissioner-says

2 days ago 
State failed 3-year-old Sherin Mathews, head of Child Protective Services says

Texas Child Protective Services Commissioner Hank Whitman is disappointed in his agency's handling of Sherin Mathews' case, according to an interview with WFAA-TV (Channel 8 ).

Whitman, who declined to talk about any specifics of the case, said the agency will figure out how Sherin's case "slipped through."

"I'm gonna tell you right now, it is my mission, it is my passion that we get better at this," he said.

In March, a doctor found that the 3-year-old Richardson girl had suffered injuries to her upper-arm bones and fractures in her leg bones that were in various stages of healing, according to testimony Wednesday.

The doctor, Suzanne Dakil of the Referral and Evaluation of At Risk Children Clinic, reported the injuries to CPS, suspecting that Sherin had been injured at the hands of her parents.

"I had no explanation other than this child had been physically abused," Dakil said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/12/05/dead-toddlers-mother-continues-fighting-for-custody-of-other-child/

Judge Rules For CPS In Deceased Toddler’s Parents Fight For Custody Of Other Child
UPDATED | December 5, 2017 1:50 PM
By Jennifer Lindgren
December 5, 2017 at 6:20 am

UPDATE: Judge Cheryl Lee Shannon ruled in favor of CPS on Tuesday afternoon, finding “aggravated circumstances.”

The next step would be a trial to sever Mathews parental rights to their biological daughter. There is no word on when that will happen.

The Mathews’ will not be allowed to visit their child.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The adoptive father and mother of deceased 3-year-old Sherin Mathews were back in court on Tuesday morning. Wesley and Sini Mathews are trying to regain custody of their 4-year-old biological daughter. Both are still behind bars, and arrived to court in plain clothes, wearing handcuffs.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-county/sini-wesley-mathews-parental-rights-terminated-denied-reunion-with-biological-child-/496859817
Sini, Wesley Mathews' lose ability to see biological child
3:12 PM. CST December 05, 2017
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2017, 12:21:16 PM »

i dont believe Wesley Mathews story

Judge Bars Parents of Dead Richardson Toddler From Seeing Their Other Daughter
STEPHEN YOUNG | DECEMBER 6, 2017 | 4:00AM

Kelly Mitchell, a CPS investigator, said Tuesday that the couple's other daughter didn't cry when she came to take the girl from her parents' home Oct. 9, two days after Sherin Mathews went missing. Mitchell said that when she was in the couple's home, she noticed that there where multiple pictures of one daughter hung around the home but none of Sherin Mathews, who was adopted from India in 2016. Her sister is her parents' biological child. Sini and Wesley Mathews didn't mention Sherin's name during the time Mitchell spent at the house, the investigator said.

After Mitchell's testimony, Richardson police Detective Jules Farmer gave the clearest picture yet of the events before and after Sherin Mathews' death. Farmer said Wesley Mathews told him that he got up in the middle of the night and asked his daughter, who slept in a crib in her parents bedroom, if she was awake. She said that she was, so her father asked her is she wanted to finish her milk, which she hadn't finished earlier that night, according to the detective.

Wesley Mathews then took his daughter to the garage to finish her milk, he told the detective. According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Sherin Mathews' father said the girl began to choke as she was drinking. Her breathing slowed, and Mathews "believed she was dead," he told the detective.

After Sherin Mathews died, Farmer said Tuesday, Wesley Mathews put her in the back of his car with a "couple of bags of trash" and dumped her in a nearby culvert. Wesley Mathews intended to return to get the body later, he told Farmer.

Sini Mathews told Farmer that she woke up at 5 a.m. and saw a "weird look" on her husband's face after Wesley Mathews got rid of the body. The couple then went to the kitchen table and prayed for three hours before Wesley Mathews called the city of Richardson's non emergency line to report his daughter missing at about 8 a.m. Oct. 7.
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/sherin-mathews-update-10137729

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:24:00 PM by cw618 » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2018, 04:21:57 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/sherin-mathews-parents-due-in-court-for-parental-rights-hearing

Report: 3-year-old Sherin Mathews died from homicidal violence
Posted: Jan 03 2018 07:03AM CST
Video Posted: Jan 03 2018 12:18PM CST
Updated: Jan 03 2018 12:22PM CST

DALLAS - Medical examiners found evidence of homicidal violence when they performed an autopsy on 3-year-old Sherin Mathews’ body, according to a newly released report.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office said that while Sherin’s manner of death was homicidal violence, her exact cause of death could not be determined because of extensive decomposition.

Sherin was falsely reported missing by her father back in October. When her body was later found in a drainage ditch, police said he changed his story and said she died while drinking milk.

Both of the 3-year-old’s parents were arrested and remain in jail. Wesley Mathews was charged with injury to a child and Sini Mathews was charged with child endangerment.

Mitch Nolte, an attorney for Sini, said he has seen a copy of the full autopsy report. In his opinion, it shows his client had nothing to do with Sherin's death.

Child Protective Services is seeking to terminate the couple's parental rights for their 4-year-old biological child. A judge on Wednesday set a trial date for Jan. 26.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.