March 28, 2024, 07:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fats Domino dead age 89 from natural causes.  (Read 9215 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 25, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/fats-domino-dead-age-89-11407489

Rock and roll legend passes away after hugely influential career
The Ain't That A Shame singer died today, according to local news reports 10-25-17

Legendary rock and roll singer Fats Domino has died at the age of 89, according to local news reports from New Orleans.

His daughter Karen Domino-White told WWL-TV he died peacefully surrounded by family and friends. 

Antoine 'Fats' Domino was an American pianist and singer-songwriter of French Creole descent who inspired countless artists including Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

He hit the top 10 in the charts a staggering ten times during the last half of the 1950s.

His biggest hits include Blueberry Hill and Ain't That a Shame.

Five of his singles released before 1955 sold over a million copies and were certified as gold records.

He was born and raised in New Orleans and adopted a musical style based on traditional rhythm and blues. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »

http://pix11.com/2017/10/25/legendary-musician-fats-domino-dead-at-89/

This gives a lot more detailed info. He lost his home & so many of his records back when Katrina hit New Orleans. A very good read.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.