April 27, 2024, 01:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #21 - 6/24/05 Wee Hours of The Morning  (Read 277927 times)
BlueKyGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #560 on: June 24, 2005, 10:34:29 AM »

Quote from: "bamabelle11"
Greta was an attorney I think she knows her boundaries. She's not a typical nosy reporter she is a political analyst and a very smart cookie... shes not tampering with evidence, just giving people the opportunity to talk... shes not chasing them down the road they are voluntarily talking

I think she also has really befriended Beth Holloway Twitty and has a personal interest in the case. I think she really cares about finding the truth.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #561 on: June 24, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »

Morning all.. Rob.. are you taking a laptop with you on your trip??
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2005, 10:35:14 AM »

Quote from: "BlueKyGirl"
Quote from: "bamabelle11"
Greta was an attorney I think she knows her boundaries. She's not a typical nosy reporter she is a political analyst and a very smart cookie... shes not tampering with evidence, just giving people the opportunity to talk... shes not chasing them down the road they are voluntarily talking

I think she also has really befriended Beth Holloway Twitty and has a personal interest in the case. I think she really cares about finding the truth.

no doubt.. this one touched greta...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #563 on: June 24, 2005, 10:35:46 AM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "momto5"
<<<Anyway, my posting is on another girl that got missing ala bugeye runaway bride Wilkins.  I just wanna know the name so I can do some searching.>>>

Jennifer Wilbanks

Hey! Don't pin Jennifer Wilbanks on us, shes from Georgia! LOL
she looks like this------> Shocked

lmao I know ewww someone was just asking for the name. She scares me.

You should have seen Jay Leno the other nite, he took snippets from Katie Courics Interview and added in himself to aske her ?'s like

"How long have your eyes been crazy like that", and the camera shows her saying "since birth"

OMG, it was soooo funny!

Wish I could have seen it. Leno is on too late for me. Im struggling to stay up to watch greta  Laughing  By 10pm with 5 kids Im lucky to be awake some nights ha ha.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2005, 10:35:54 AM »

Quote from: "sandy"
I do now know but what do you all think of sensationalist reporter becoming part of the story?    I have a little trouble with that.  

Jeez! For the last few days I have mentioned this on a number occaisions -There is something very inappropriate about greta's involvement - not that I am against her breaking the case but using the 'journalist' MO to facilitate a meeting of the 2 families - perhaps taping it - by her own admission being debriefed after - she has become part of the story - maybe this is the future of journalism - if it isn't already the case - but she has surely taken this to new heights.

Yes, your point is well taken.  

I don't see anything wrong with this...at least in this situation...if it was a meeting between the kids, that's a different story...however, both families are adults and lawyered-up...and he's a judge!!!  Or, faux judge...whatever!  They must be comfortable with doing all this talking on both sides.  We all know in this country NO lawyer would allow even a smidgeon of talking...guilty or innocent.

So she led Beth Twitty to the Van Der Sloot's home?  Not a big deal, given Beth had already been there.  And her interviews and questions are typical journalistic fare.

I think Greta has done an outstanding job covering this story.  She is one of the few out there or on the Internet that has and continues to give us truthful, factual news.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #565 on: June 24, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Did anyone see the beads of sweat rolling down PvdS's forehead during Greta's interview? Do houses have air conditioning in Aruba?  

True, camera lights are very hot... and he would naturally have been nervous, guilty or not. Plus his English isn't nearly as good as Anita's.

Most houses do not have central air, bedroom tend to have outside AC, the type that fit in a window.
Ella's Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #566 on: June 24, 2005, 10:36:37 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
ella, i dont think anyone cares about the case at this point.. there is a chance that natalee is still alive and find her is the number one priority...

Rob, I agree that finding Natalee is most important.  But, whether they find Natalee or not (which I hope they do...and alive), there will still be a case and I would hope that it isn't compromised because of reporters crossing the line.

P.S. Have a safe trip!!!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #567 on: June 24, 2005, 10:37:55 AM »

Quote from: "Ella's Mom"
ella, i dont think anyone cares about the case at this point.. there is a chance that natalee is still alive and find her is the number one priority...

Rob, I agree that finding Natalee is most important.  But, whether they find Natalee or not (which I hope they do...and alive), there will still be a case and I would hope that it isn't compromised because of reporters crossing the line.

P.S. Have a safe trip!!!

alot has been done already to compromise this case.. i could care less at this point.. but thanx for sayin have a nice trip...it s hard too get excited....

+++

joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #568 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Are you going to the smelly pond?
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #569 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:23 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "nutnhoney1974"
Hello, I've been a lurker here for awhile, but this is my first post.  Thanks to all of you who have provided some pretty inciteful posts.  

Please forgive me if this has been addressed earlier, it's difficult to keep up with all the posts.  Regarding the supposed letter from Deepak.  Did anyone happen to catch Greta on Bill O'reilly's show yesterday.  If I recall correctly, O'reilly asked Greta how the Tattoo DJ (Croes) was connected to the investigation.  Greta speculated that Deepak may have sent an e-mail to Croes that may have discussed Deepak's version of events and that may have been the reason Croes was questioned in the first place.  If I'm not mistaken, Greta even confirmed that Deepak's computer was seized by LE.  I thought this was interesting since I seem to recall that someone from this forum forwarded the letter to Greta.  I'm just wondering if Greta did in fact receive that forwarded letter and is now trying to determine if it's credible.  If anyone else happen to see this on O'reilly last night, I'd love to hear your thoughts.   Thanks
 good thought.  from listening to his mother's account last night i beleive the deepak email is genuine.  who knows who he copied it to.

I believe the email was addressed to a woman named Betty, then the name was edited out

"Leave no stone unturned"
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #570 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »

Has anyone heard how daddy VDS did in his first round of interrogation?
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #571 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:34 AM »

background on natalee and family posted last night

http://www.clintonnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050616/NEWS/506160357/1001
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #572 on: June 24, 2005, 10:39:40 AM »

Quote from: "Mom in Ark"
Has anyone heard how daddy VDS did in his first round of interrogation?

prolly a TKO....hes not real tight lipped... i ve seen

+++

klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #573 on: June 24, 2005, 10:41:33 AM »

does anybody have anything on this search of a boat at bucuti yacht club.  this is a monkey loose end.   loose ends are a no banana.  

http://img75.echo.cx/img75/5898/200506141120335bi.jpg

Do you know the date of this article?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #574 on: June 24, 2005, 10:42:06 AM »

Quote from: "joebob"

going to the abandoned town near KIA. this the second time i posted this.. some stuff is not going through

+++

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #575 on: June 24, 2005, 10:42:07 AM »

greta was in her previous life as an attorney and remains an ambulance chaser
Daniel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #576 on: June 24, 2005, 10:42:21 AM »

I am amazed that Greta could waltz into Aruba and so easily get interviews with the van der Sloots and with Mrs. Kalpoe, as well as other key people. Greta said they just knocked on Mrs. Kalpoe's door and she seemed eager to talk. And none of these people probably know who she is.
That's because contrary to the US, Holland and Aruba are not yet run by lawyers and journalists. In that respect they still have a 50's kind of innocence and naivitee.

What have the dozens of other journalists been doing in Aruba for the past three weeks, sipping pina coladas on the beach???
They probably didn't even consider the possibility of simply walking up someone's door.
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #577 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:02 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
does anybody have anything on this search of a boat at bucuti yacht club.  this is a monkey loose end.   loose ends are a no banana.  

http://img75.echo.cx/img75/5898/200506141120335bi.jpg

Do you know the date of this article?

The date would be June 14
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:11 AM »

I am amazed that Greta could waltz into Aruba and so easily get interviews with the van der Sloots and with Mrs. Kalpoe, as well as other key people. Greta said they just knocked on Mrs. Kalpoe's door and she seemed eager to talk. And none of these people probably know who she is.

What have the dozens of other journalists been doing in Aruba for the past three weeks, sipping pina coladas on the beach???

maybe the Arubans will talk to Greta because she is "Van Susteren"

or perhaps Greta's reputation of being an honest and fair journalist not a sleaze bucket like some we can mention preceded her.....

I think the Van Der Sloots agreed to the further interview because the meeting with Beth Holloway in fact engendered them a lot of sympathy, in the US and in Aruba
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:27 AM »

Quote from: "joebob"

going to the abandoned town near KIA. this the second time i posted this.. some stuff is not going through

Good Luck!!!  I hope you find her!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.