April 19, 2024, 04:04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angela Dawn Schroer, 28, Blue Springs, MO - Questionable COD on June 21, 2017  (Read 33124 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »

I wis I knew how to share a different video on KCTV5’s FB Page. It’s about the 5th story down.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/emilysinovictv/videos/1852475874826232/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 07:45:27 PM »

Ty nut!!  an angelic monkey
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »

FOR PEOPLE OUT OF THE AREA - you need to download the app and watch live at 10pm central time.  KCTV5
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »

FOR PEOPLE OUT OF THE AREA - you need to download the app and watch live at 10pm central time.  KCTV5

Y'all don't laugh or throw bananas   Embarassed

Do I have to download the app for my desktop too? I've never had to download an app to watch live news before, so just making sure before I try to do something I'll probably regret.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/

https://www.facebook.com/emilysinovictv/photos/p.1852725908134562/1852725908134562/?type=1&theater

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »

Do I have to download the app for my desktop too? I've never had to download an app to watch live news before, so just making sure before I try to do something I'll probably regret.   

When I talked to the reporter a 1/2 hour ago, she said it has to be a phone or tablet. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

When I talked to the reporter a 1/2 hour ago, she said it has to be a phone or tablet. 

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. 

Ask her to PLEASE (pretty please) put Angie's segment out on Youtube and/or Facebook after it airs.  Youtube is easier to embed here (for me anyway).

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »

Ask her to PLEASE (pretty please) put Angie's segment out on Youtube and/or Facebook after it airs.  Youtube is easier to embed here (for me anyway).

She said she would send me the link later or tomorrow and I will do!  I don't know why I'm so nervous
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 09:53:08 PM »

Link for the app to watch the live broadcast in just a few minutes! 

http://www.kctv5.com/category/258663/mobile-apps

Justice for Angie!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:06 PM »

She said she would send me the link later or tomorrow and I will do!  I don't know why I'm so nervous

Awesome!  I'm nervous too!  So excited and nervous for YOU, I know you've fought hard to get your baby's story out there and it's about to happen! 

Praise the Lord!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »

Hope we can view this tonight.  I don't do apps download on my phone so it will have to FB or youtube on my laptop.

KC, this dan-was he a resident, born and raised, in Missouri or was he from somewhere else?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 10:27:58 PM »

Hope we can view this tonight.  I don't do apps download on my phone so it will have to FB or youtube on my laptop.

KC, this dan-was he a resident, born and raised, in Missouri or was he from somewhere else?

BBM, Me too!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »

BBM, Me too!   

The writeup is up at the TV station:  http://www.kctv5.com/story/37758207/independence-family-says-police-botched-their-daughters-death-investigation

Video will probably follow.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 10:34:31 PM »

BBM, Me too!  

The writeup is up at the TV station:  http://www.kctv5.com/story/37758207/independence-family-says-police-botched-their-daughters-death-investigation

Video will probably follow.

Thanks, Blue Moon!  
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:46:37 PM by texasmom » Logged

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:16 PM »

Reading the writeup from the tv station-this is absolutely criminal what these police didn't do for this woman.  It was easier for them to just write "suicide" and move on the the next problem.  I am appalled reading all the things they ignored and missed.  My heart breaks for the family.  This is disgusting.

Looks like a lack of interest in investigating this.  Easier to just walk away.  One thing I can't get over is WHY wasn't an autopsy performed and a rape kit ordered?  Just doesn't make sense.  And that Don, he is not dead.  He has just moved on before someone gets wise to him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:56:18 PM by Blue Moon » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »

Reading the writeup from the tv station-this is absolutely criminal what these police didn't do for this woman.  It was easier for them to just write "suicide" and move on the the next problem.  I am appalled reading all the things they ignored and missed.  My heart breaks for the family.  This is disgusting.

I agree completely!  Horrible, and inexcusable!  

And where the hell is Don Greer?  Apparently even the news people couldn't find the answer to that question.  Really makes you wonder what's going on here.  jmo

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37758207/independence-family-says-police-botched-their-daughters-death-investigation

Angela Schroer lived with Donald Greer and even he says he was the only one home the night of her death. (KCTV5)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:59:34 PM by texasmom » Logged

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »

The video is up now.  Can you (TM) put the link to in on here?  Thanks.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37758207/independence-family-says-police-botched-their-daughters-death-investigation

Independence family says police botched their daughter’s death investigation
Updated: Mar 19, 2018 9:50 PM CDT
By Emily Sinovic, Investigative ReporterCONNECT

The morning of June 21, 2017, Angela Schroer’s family was concerned for her safety. (Submitted)

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -
An Independence family says police botched their daughter’s death investigation.

Detectives say it’s suicide, but her family calls it a murder. They contacted KCTV5 News Investigations when they felt like they were getting nowhere fast with the people who were supposed to get to the truth.

ASSUMPTION: SUICIDE

The morning of June 21, 2017, Angela Schroer’s family was concerned for her safety. 

“She had called my mom,” Angela’s father, Tim Schroer said. “Mom had called me and said something doesn’t seem right.”

Tim Schroer then called Independence police to stop by his daughter’s home for a welfare check. According to a police narrative in the investigative file, an officer knocked repeatedly until a man opened the door.

OfficerID: jgilbertson, Investigative Report

….I continued knocking until I could hear a man’s voice from inside the house yelling the name Angela.  As I continued to knock at the door an older white male answered the door. I asked him if Angela was at the residence and he pointed to the couch in the living room. As he did he stated “What the F***!”  As I stepped into the residence I observed a white female sitting naked on the couch with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the forehead. "

The officer identified the woman as Angela Schroer, lifeless on the couch -- naked, bruised on her face and arms with a single gunshot wound to her forehead.

According to the dispatch log, at 10:11 AM, less than 15 minutes after an officer received the call for a welfare check, an officer relayed the information back to dispatch, "self-inflicted gunshot wound."

Less than a week after Angela Schroer’s death, the cause of death was printed on her death certificate as a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The manner: suicide

Her parents’ concerns only grew as time passed, but it was August when detectives informed them the case was closed, and her death was suicide.

The Schroers could now see the investigative file, including all police narratives with detailed accounts at the scene and graphic photos of their daughter.

As painful as it was to see the file, the more painful, crushing blow came after they read it. There was no question in their minds that the Independence Police Department did not do their job. They failed their daughter, failed her family and dismissed Angela Schroer’s death without ever really investigating.

WHAT SUSPECT?

What you won’t find in the Independence Police Department’s investigative file is much information on the man who Angela Schroer’s parents believe murdered their little girl.

They believe Donald Greer, the man who answered the door when police arrived, is responsible.

Angela Schroer lived with Greer and even he says he was the only one home the night of her death. He even opened the door when officers knocked.

Greer is a convicted felon and has a long rap sheet including Florida and New York. It was in New York where he was charged with manslaughter. In a plea deal, the charge was lessened to felony criminally negligent homicide. That was 1979 in Rockland County.

As a convicted felon, he could have been arrested for being in the presence of a firearm.

Independence police didn’t arrest him. Instead, they took his word. Greer told investigators he was in the bedroom and “did not hear the gunshot," which was highly unlikely given the duplex is less than 500 square feet and even a neighbor heard the shot.

“It was loud ... it got my attention. It got my wife’s attention,” Eddie Martin told KCTV5.

Martin said police never interviewed him and never asked for any information including whether he had heard a shot.

“It seemed a little odd,” Martin said. “They should’ve been talking to me.”

Police did listen to Greer and the different stories he told that morning.

In one police narrative, Greer tells one officer "...the gun laying on Angela’s chest was not his and that he had never seen it before.” Yet, within minutes of telling that story, Greer admits he was at a gun show when his friend purchased the gun for Angela Schroer and even held it.

These conflicting statements are in the same investigative file, yet Independence police did not note this as a potential red flag.

The Schroer’s believe Greer’s presence at the scene where Angela was found naked, should have automatically required a rape kit as part of the investigation. The family later learned there was no rape kit or autopsy was never performed.

THEIR OWN INVESTIGATION

In August, Tim Schroer said he got a phone call from Independence police telling him the case was closed. End of story.

That’s when Angela Schroer’s parents pulled together all the money they could find to hire their own investigators, even postponing buying a headstone for their daughter’s grave.

“We instructed them, we don’t want things twisted, we don’t want it sugar coated to the answer that you think we want to hear. We just want to know the truth,” Tim Schroer said.

The Schroers hired Terry Deister and John Cayton. Deister was the head of investigations for the Platte County Sheriff’s Office for more than 20 years and owns a private investigation company.

Cayton is a forensic criminologist. He worked for the Kansas City crime lab for more than 30 years and served as the chief forensic criminologist. 

Neither veteran investigator minced words when it came to their conclusions about the Independence Police Department.

“It’s very upsetting, Deister said. “If I’d have been in control of this, I’d probably have fired every one of them. Everyone one of them that responded to the scene. It’s just not right.”

Cayton drew up a list of all the errors made by police. Based on his analysis of the investigative file, Cayton described investigators as “incompetent, untrained or just lazy.”

“There’s a good chance this was a staged scene where someone might have placed that gun and repositioned the victim,” Cayton said.

Both investigators say the gunshot wound itself provided key evidence someone else may have pulled the trigger.

“The top barrel was pressed tight against her skull and the bottom was loose,” Deister said. “That’s where the gas escaped tearing her skin larger at the bottom. It means somebody was standing there, had the gun up against her forehead tight at the top and loose at the bottom.”

THE BODY

Deister says the most telling piece of evidence police failed to recognize or ignored was the blood flow pattern. He believes the interrupted blood flow on Angela Schroer’s chest where the gun was found is telling.

“She had blood flow coming out both of her nostrils which is common when you get shot in the head.” Deister went on to explain. “One blood flow went back ... the other went down her neck, across her left breast ... and it came down where the gun was. It was smeared ... below the gun, the blood flow pattern was identical to what was above the gun. So that would indicate the gun was placed there after she died."

Deister also points out the blood from her nostrils flow in inconsistent directions. The second stream of blood appeared to flow in the opposite direction.

“Blood would naturally flow down in front of her face but it didn’t. It went straight back over her head and down into her hair, which would indicate she wasn’t in that position when she was shot,” Deister explained. “I feel almost 100-percent the body was moved. It had to be, and the only other person there was the roommate."

CONCLUSION

In the review of the Independence Police Department investigation, Deister concluded, “the evidence had been altered ... and it wasn’t noticed or just ignored by people who should’ve taken notice.”

Deister suspects Independence police wrote off Angela Schroer’s death before ever investigating.

“They just assumed she was a doper and killed herself," Deister said.

Deister explained he usually declines any media interviews and has for most of his career. He made an exception for this case.

“The only reason I’m willing to sit down and talk to you is because my experience in dealing with things like this ... nothing is going to get done unless there’s outside pressure put on,” he told KCTV5.

Cayton’s conclusion was in line with Deister’s.

When asked if he believed Angela Schroer’s death was investigated properly, Cayton responded, “No ... it was a slap in the face for the justice system.”

Neighbors and the Schroer family say they were told Greer died at the end of last year.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »

The video is up now.  Can you (TM) put the link to in on here?  Thanks.

http://www.kctv5.com/clip/14210102/independence-family-says-police-botched-their-daughters-death-investigation

Independence family says police botched their daughter’s death investigation
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 10:34 PM CDT
By Nick Sloan, Digital Producer

By Emily Sinovic, Investigative Reporter

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -
An Independence family says police botched their daughter’s death investigation. Detectives say it’s suicide, but her family calls it a murder.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.