March 29, 2024, 04:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70% Tax Rate - A shortfall in honesty?  (Read 1468 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 25, 2019, 08:59:57 AM »

Corruption Corrupts

In February 2014, the European Union published its first ever anti-corruption report. Over 41 pages, it concluded that bribery, tax evasion, cronyism, embezzlement, political fraud, and the like, cost the European economy 120 billion euros a year, just short of the EU’s annual budget. Corruption costs, clearly, but it deprives citizens of more than money. It’s also tied to a shortfall in honesty.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/03/corruption-honesty/472779/

I don't recall hearing about this study in the media.  I wonder why?

Who is going to pay the 70% tax rate?  The elitey who employ legions of lawyers and accountants to reorganize their activities to avoid enhancements to the tax system?   Who and how many are paying today's highest rate?

Will the 70% eventually trick down to working people who make less than a million?  Will anyone care that it doesn't work?  'If they shift thing around, and if it's not working, we'll just go back to the old way.'

Why not charge everyonethe same fair rate?  Eveyone contributing to our shared success?  AND, shared labor and contribution?

Eliminate all deductions and take 10% off the top? Why should someone make $10 million or $10,000  contribute at a different rate?  Lower wage earners do no have money to hire legions of lawyers and accountants, whey not make it simple for everyone?  Share the pain and responsibility?  I think everyone should have some proverbial 'skin in the game' and wonder if their hard earned money is be squandered and wasted by the elite and politicians.  Everyone should feel the pain when the financial system collapses, jobs go overseas, and they should profit when the system works for everyday people on Main Street. 

How many who made millions from the financial system before the great collapse in 2008 live in welfare housing today?  Did they buy $2,000 gym shoes for their families?  Do they shop at the dollar store or Walmart looking for $10 shoes for school? 

Where are the elite and those who profit from Main Street misery today?  Living in a senior apartment?  Struggling to pay a $2 or $100 drug co-pay?  $2,000 Obamacare premium every month?  Or, is it business as usual for the lucky ones who profit on the misery of others and are likely to never be affected by any tax rate due to their ability to employ lawyers, accountants, and tax shelters.

How is it fair the some contribute little or nothing and reap wealth beyond the imagination or next big lottery jackpot?  Others work longer and longer hours to pay for basics like food, shelter, and healthcare?  The elites come up with new shells for the shell game peddled to the masses, and it is just business for the top 5%?  Anyone see why the rich and elite keep getting richer while those on the hamster wheel keep spinning and never get a break or find a rest stop?

There is an old moving "Life Stinks" that puts the struggle between good people, bad people, and the elite into perspective. 

Every able bodied person should contribute.  It shouldn't be about stealing from some and giving to those that do not contribute, avoid contributing, or come up with a never ending list of scams like 'healthcare' or 'Americans are lazy and don't want to work'.

just my humble opinions and questions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.