March 28, 2024, 02:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Medicare for All' Really? Misnamed?  (Read 3829 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 04, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »

'Medicare for All' Misnamed?  Should anyone really believe the hype?

I know so many families struggling after Obamacare became the law of the land.  Employer subsidized premiums skyrocketed, 'enhanced' benefits meant more out of pocket expenses AFTER higher  premiums and higher budget busting deductibles.  Some families have to go without basic prescription meds, doctor visits, and routine healthcare due to the increased out of pocket expenses for working people.

'Will Medicare for All' really fix the problem or create newer more expensive problems?  Will Congress, government workers, unions, and EVERYONE, including former presidents, members of Congress, and other retirees really be included?  Have their amazing healthcare plans replaced by AOC's/Democrat's  "Medicare for All" plan?  Somehow, I don't think so.  IIRC, some elites were excluded from Obamacare.

'Ghoulcare for All' a better name?

I recall reading about a special pharmacy that serves member of Congress - free drugs of all kinds, promptly available and delivered, and IIRC leading edge drugs to combat dementia and other ailments.  Are all these designer/pricey drugs available and covered for all current recipients of Medicare?  Will this special service be available for everyone?  Or, should it be eliminated and cost savings returned by way of tax cuts to people who actually pay taxes?

I think members of Congress, the president, and all those covered by special healthcare plans excluded from  Obamacare or the proposed 'Medicare for All' disclose annually their procedures, organ/tissue transplants, drug regime, and the related costs paid for by taxpayers.  What kind of conflicts of interest might exist?   What special treatment are they receiving?

I think all conflicts of interest should be disclosed.  Tax returns are interesting.  They do not disclose many things. 

How much taxpayer money (debt) are politicians, government employees, and those on various welfare programs, recipients of welfare spending (grocery stores, pharmacies, medical industry, phone industry, housing industry, other) really consuming?  Perhaps there are cheaper ways to feed people and get better health outcomes?  Provide more cost effective treatments that do not require one expensive useless drug after another?  Treatments that are not effective because 'it might help'.    When does the system change to promote health?

Obama wanted to end coal so he used his pen and phone to eliminate coal industry and energy jobs.  It seem like it would be a simple thing to eliminate the sugar and processed food industry in a similar way.  No more sugar imports.  Sweets expensive?  Save your allowance, get a job.  I keep reading about how harmful many chemical sugar substitutes are.  Why not ban them?  Are they any less dangerous than cigarettes?  Alcohol and substance abuse?

How many interests have a financial interest in growing the welfare state?  Creating poverty and disease (think San Francisco)?

How much does the welfare industry profit from the never ending stream of aliens crossing the border?  Claiming asylum and not showing up for hearings?  Aliens living on welfare?

If asylum seekers can find jobs ASAP with a work permit, why aren't healthy welfare recipients able to find these jobs?  Discrimination?  Racism?

Why do working people keep getting stuck with growing tax burdens, fewer job prospects, massive debt as the result of government spending?

When does it end?  The first human right should be to keep the fruit of one's labor.  The second should be to choose how, when, and what they spend their labor/money on. 

Just my humble opinions, musings, and observations.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »

What can people do to stay healthy?  Is there guidance that is not influenced by big pharma, big meat, big dairy, big medical, $$$ entrenched $$$ industries?

Canada has a single payer plan and they came up with this-

"Canada's Food Guide"

https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/

A section for policy makers and healthcare professionals -

Canada's Dietary Guidelines

https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/guidelines/

I don't see a lot of highly processed foods, frozen dinners/snacks, fast food, candy/salty snacks, energy drinks, and soda.  I do see new/old ideas, fresh ideas, and recipes.  Lots of opportunity for families and the community to save money.

Is there a profit motive for curing disease and keeping people healthy within the current medical industrial complex financial model?

Just my humble opinions.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:17:26 AM by WhiskeyGirl » Logged

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.