April 19, 2024, 03:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Go Back to Where You Came From' - Not a New Sentiment  (Read 4149 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 16, 2019, 11:10:34 AM »

'Go Back to Where You Came From' - Is not a new idea.

The American/White haters seem to have a memory gap, ignorance, or stupidity problem.  Maybe they are just racists and bigots.

Every White/European American does not come of an Anglo-Saxon elite heritage loaded with enhancements due to their perceived race, skin color, ethnic background, or the circumstances of their family arrival in the United States of America.  Past immigrants came as indentured servants, slaves, an low wage workers.  Many American's, even those that came as slaves and servants were grateful for the opportunity for a fresh start.  Life was hard and there was no lifelong expectation of welfare and freebies.  They expected to work until they died.  Some were successful and passed on that fortune to their families. 

Yesterday's immigrant have married outside their tribal groups.  Their children and grandchildren can now check the many boxes of favor in the political system.  What favorable boxes?  One or more races, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation.  I don't think there are enough people of whiteness left to make America white again.  Nobody wants Americans and I doubt there are many nations that would take in mutts from America.  America's children aren't white/black/ethnic enough for other nations.  Who is rolling out the welcome mat for American mutts?  Mixed race people?  Past immigrants do not have a place to return to.

Many waves of European immigrants were not lily white, they were brown skinned people.  They had to pass a basic health inspection or risk being returned to their country of origin when they disembarked from their ship - immigrants were expected to be disease and sickness free, healthy people only, no welfare.  Many immigrants were deported during WWI and WWII and they were sent back to Europe and other countries - there was no presumption of innocence or reparations.  Some loved this country enough to return after the wars - nothing in their country of origin compared to the opportunity in the USA.  They were GRATEFUL for their good fortune and opportunity.  They worked hard to find jobs.  Often they were greeted with signs saying "No Irish" or "No Italians" or "English Only".  Their children with the 'funny' or 'foreign' sounding names did not gain entry into the best schools, or the best jobs.  They did not qualify for cradle to grave welfare programs.  There was a 'ceiling' they could not breech due to their humble origins.  From my reading, they found job within a week and if they couldn't make it or didn't like it they returned home.  From memory, 75% returned to their homeland.  Life in the new land was hard.

Contrast this with today's immigrants that come with communicable disease, rolls of hundred dollar bills, and tell officials things like 'you have to take me', 'you have to give me free stuff'.  Why not apply the immigration rules, policies, and procedures from say the 1880's through the 1950's to today's immigrants?  Just for a few years? 

Immigrants from a hundred years ago were grateful.  Their children were assaulted, and beaten up by other groups in the US and told to go home.  Yesterday's students had to pay stiff fees and for books to go to school beyond say 8th grade.  They didn't get everything for free.  I imagine they would shine compared to today's high school and college graduates on the free programs.  It wasn't easy being an immigrant for yesterday's migrants.  The culture did not tolerate or celebrate complainers or freeloaders.

Why doesn't anyone remember their struggle?  The times someone told them to 'go home' when they complained?  I believe it was due to gratitude.  They were grateful to be here, for many there was nothing in the places they left behind that provided any similar opportunity or lifestyle.  They did not want to risk being sent back.  They worked hard, sent their children to school, expected their children to succeed and get a job.  There was no welfare for unmarried moms and dads.   Children did not live in their parents basements and expect a free ride for life. 

Yesterday's immigrants saved, bought houses and lived an American dream that was available in their time.  Too often I read and hear that their children will never live the same dream as their parents.  Why?  They don't get jobs, their education is substandard, they expect everything for 'free'.  Today's migrants expect a free ride and free stuff, call those already here racists.    Perhaps the racist is the one staring at them in the mirror every morning?  Coming from places without adequate food, housing, economic and other freedoms, they lack gratitude?  Have an exaggerated sense of entitlement?  Come from a culture where stealing from others is acceptable? 

Yesterday's American's live through the Great Depression.  They under stood what debt bondage was.  Debts so large they could never be paid back.  A family could lose everything to the bank.  They did not spend their money on foolishness.  That generation worked, paid cash and did not accumulate debt.  They owned their home.  They may have had several jobs and thought they taught their children good moral values.

What of today's children?  They have no jobs when they get out of college.  They buy expensive phones, entertainment packages for their phones, go on lavish vacations, get cars and homes they don't seem to have the funds to pay for.  They lived simply, had a garden, used car, and small house.  How many who survived the Great Depression would consider their choices FOOLISHNESS.  I recall old people using an expression that went like this "Not a pot to piss in, and they have...."  Fill in the blanks fancy clothing, lavish entertainments, new home, car, lifestyle.  What happened to living within ones means?

Today, the young and old blame others - it's racism, slavery, segregation.  How many are holding their elected official accountable for failing cities, schools, lack of job opportunities, poor health outcomes, gentrification of neighborhoods?   Why aren't they producing the best students?  Healthiest communities?  Financially stable communities, lots of opportunity in the community?

There are a lot of organizations that get money for services, and things don't seem to be improving.  Money is spread around, communities get gentrified, crime increases, health outcome declines...why aren't generations of politicians and school systems held accountable?  Replaced?  Why isn't the community identifying problems within the community and the elected officials failure to improve life? 

If some went back to where they came from, they would not be triggered.  They would understand that massive debt and taxes are slavery.  Some ancestors or all races could work hard and buy their freedom.  They understood what slavery was and had a motive to avoid it in the future.  Prosperity has been taken away from people of all races, and ethnic origins by large governments and politicians that promise free stuff.  Eventually there is only debt and the check for the free stuff bounces.

Why aren't politicians celebrating the jobs people are getting in the Trump economy?  Instead they call for tax returns.  Why aren't they auditing the Federal Reserve and investigating the people who profit on the billions spent paying the interest on TRILLIONS in DEBT?  The enslavement of generations of Americans?  They could put their efforts to solving the 'Ponzi' scheme nature of the Social Security program and finding those responsible for the bit IOU that has been left behind by previous generations of the political class.  They could work to repair the communities left devastated by substandard criminal justice systems, failed schools/teachers, gentrification, and an excess of workers that depress wages.  How many politicians leave office poorer than when they entered?  Live with Obamacare or Medicare? 

Life on planet earth isn't always fair or easy.  In the USA, communities aren't throwing homosexuals off of buildings, or living hell holes that people are fleeing by the thousands.  The USA is becoming a land of empty political promises for more free stuff paid for by or  stolen from others, massive debt bondage/slavery for generations, and a lawless land without borders and a never ending supply of cheap labor.  Why aren't today's immigrants staying home an demanding free stuff from the politicians in their homeland?  Demanding free food?  Housing?  Diapers?  Jobs?  Why is the well dry at home? 

What happens when the proverbial well is dry in the USA?  Where will Americans go? 

Just my humble opinions and questions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »

How are mixed race people viewed around the globe?

How are people of mixed race welcomed in Asia?  Do Asians see  a mixed race person as one of themselves?  Or do they see the tall non-Asian person first?

How are mixed race people in the US perceived?  Based on experiences shared by others.  Mixed race / ethnic people may not fit in anywhere.  Perhaps they aren't 'black enough' to sit at the black girls table at school.  Perhaps they are not welcomed at the 'white-girl only' table.  Who welcomes those that don't qualify? 

Why should appearance matter?  What happened to promoting people for their accomplishments?  Content of character? 

We have politicians who run on giving away free stuff, paid for by stealing from others.  Free stuff for decades and people are still disadvantaged, live in crime ridden neighborhoods, children being raised by drug addicts and not properly cared for, left alone, abused, and neglected.  Why aren't politicians running on accomplishments?

Many religious groups offer help with finances, building better families, job and education opportunities.  They actively work to improve their communities.  I may not agree with their politics, but many get results.  They get results where politicians and their systems are failing (welfare, education, economics). 

Why aren't politicians judged on their accomplishments?  How many lives did they make better?  How many families did they lift out of poverty?

If the political system in India can issue bio-metric identity cards to millions, lift millions out of poverty, what is wrong with the last hundred years of politicians in the USA?  When does the free stuff run out and millions are 'dropped' from enough and into deep generational poverty.  Who do they blame for the poverty, destruction, and despair?  For some reason only the political classes remain wealthy.  After the looting of everyone's prosperity, how do we climb out of the deepest darkest economic hole ever?

Just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.