May 29, 2024, 07:46:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 22 - Midday 6/24/05  (Read 160365 times)
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #960 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:18 PM »

YOu get the feeling Jug is tired of Aruba? Jug is still in lynch mode and now he's trashing Aruba...and C & C's. I still say we're gonna see the stages of  grief play out here...that anger part's gonna come crashing down and the civil suits are gonna come folks...and that includes chaperones.

A lot of folks that I've talked to are saying " You know I feel bad about it and all but I'm gettting a little tired of seeing it". And most say that Jug is a big reason they are tired of it. He says the same thing and his reasons for guilt...like they weren't out helping look for, and telling his son to stay quiet, and running from cameras are actions they can understand when all of sudden you get thrust into major media scrutiny.  
I really wish he would just step back and be quiet. Dad Holloway's calm inner strength contrasts so strongly that Jug comes off looking like a vigilante bully. And ..I know that might be the way some folks handle grief, but I hope he's not hurting the case or swaying people concerns away from Natalee. It's happened before where folks turn on the victim when they or their representative acts. Just observations.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #961 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:26 PM »

Quote from: "MsPooh"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
They supposedly used dogs in New Jersey.  Makes you wonder how good they really are.

Oh I agree 100% with that "K".. ESP after hearing about where the kids

were at.

The dogs went in the opposite direction of where the boys were found, very sad.

That is sad.. I didnt hear that part of the story.. I apologize
columbo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #962 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:34 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "columbo"
Jug Twitty is going to be on Hannity & Colmes is a few minutes.

Just a side line note:

Jug said on FOX they don't recieve FOX in Aruba. Anyone else think the Holloway/Twitty gang has been favorable to FOX?  The most interviews/coverage.....yet, they still don't have access to the station? Basically, they (Holloways)  don't even see what we're seeing on a daily/hourly basis and they're still giving their attention to FOX. I know their giving their time to other networks, but I think Greta Van Sustren has gained their trust and they feel safe with her. She has done a tremendous job covering this case!!!!

I think they went with the network that a) would give the coverage. b)the one that would give them information back and c) the one they watch every night in Alabama.

Not to start any political arguments (not the time or place), but Alabama is a "red" state and most everyone watches Fox News.
T

I agree with both posts (and wasn't getting political). Just thought it was interesting that the Holloways stayed true to their favorite news orginization, rather than CCN, which would provide them with up to date media in Aruba. I think Greta had a lot to do with their decision. Smile
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #963 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
KERIN!!!! Where have you been, woman? No one to come to my defense!!! LOLOLquote]

I decided to have a life for a few days and have some nourishment other than Starbucks.  Razz I had lost 7 pounds just in the time I have been here!

Hello?  You lost 7 pounds from being on the Monkeys board?  This could be a new phenomeon..."The Scared Monkeys Diet".  I think I could drink Starbucks all day, too, but my finance-for-a-living-husband would FREAK (he already freaks at my $4.06 venti non-fat lattes I get daily, lol)!
monkey c
Scared Monkey

« Reply #964 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:54 PM »

Boy on CNN- said that he heard NH ask Joran if he was going to be at CnC's that night--
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #965 on: June 24, 2005, 09:37:54 PM »

I think it's possible the police are feeling pressure on a level they have never experienced and may be making arrests to please the americans rather than arrests they would have made.  but who knows?

also re Fox getting coverage - Jug just did a big we love fox thing to H&C - it was a little weird but then I am not a Jug fan.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: June 24, 2005, 09:38:21 PM »

Mrs. VDS may need to pursue that "lifelong dream" of hers quicker than she expected. (for those who remember)  Shocked

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
MsPooh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #967 on: June 24, 2005, 09:38:34 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Yes, I've been a lurker for some time, and have read many posts, having my own thoughts.

Tonight, they re-ran part of Mrs. VDS's interview on FOX where she's describing the intense interrogation...sometimes 10 hours, etc. and the tactics and comments said to be made by the officers.  

Previously, she said visits were in the company of an officer, and the case can not be discussed, or she would be ushered out.....

Has this been noticed or commented on here?[

Yes it has. That's true from what we know...a part of the interrogation tactics.

One thing I heard on FOX is that authorities are not allowed to question suspect in custody for several hours (10 pm until 8 am, I think) so the suspects can sleep.

Call me mean..but WHY do they need sleep I mean it just takes so much energy to sit in a jail cell, good grief those things are what is taking this case so long to break.To bad the laws allow for babying of the charged individuals.Too bad they cannot be extradited here.

Life's a journey not a destination..
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #968 on: June 24, 2005, 09:39:35 PM »

Quote from: "chelsblu"
YOu get the feeling Jug is tired of Aruba? Jug is still in lynch mode and now he's trashing Aruba...and C & C's. I still say we're gonna see the stages of  grief play out here...that anger part's gonna come crashing down and the civil suits are gonna come folks...and that includes chaperones.

A lot of folks that I've talked to are saying " You know I feel bad about it and all but I'm gettting a little tired of seeing it". And most say that Jug is a big reason they are tired of it. He says the same thing and his reasons for guilt...like they weren't out helping look for, and telling his son to stay quiet, and running from cameras are actions they can understand when all of sudden you get thrust into major media scrutiny.  
I really wish he would just step back and be quiet. Dad Holloway's calm inner strength contrasts so strongly that Jug comes off looking like a vigilante bully. And ..I know that might be the way some folks handle grief, but I hope he's not hurting the case or swaying people concerns away from Natalee. It's happened before where folks turn on the victim when they or their representative acts. Just observations.

Im glad yu said it! That man annoys me.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »

Quote from: "K in TX"
KERIN!!!! Where have you been, woman? No one to come to my defense!!! LOLOLquote]

I decided to have a life for a few days and have some nourishment other than Starbucks.  Razz I had lost 7 pounds just in the time I have been here!

Hello?  You lost 7 pounds from being on the Monkeys board?  This could be a new phenomeon..."The Scared Monkeys Diet".  I think I could drink Starbucks all day, too, but my finance-for-a-living-husband would FREAK (he already freaks at my $4.06 venti non-fat lattes I get daily, lol)!

I guess it was bound to happen when you are glued to a laptop for 22 hours a day. <sigh>

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #970 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:36 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "columbo"
Jug Twitty is going to be on Hannity & Colmes is a few minutes.

Just a side line note:

Jug said on FOX they don't recieve FOX in Aruba. Anyone else think the Holloway/Twitty gang has been favorable to FOX?  The most interviews/coverage.....yet, they still don't have access to the station? Basically, they (Holloways)  don't even see what we're seeing on a daily/hourly basis and they're still giving their attention to FOX. I know their giving their time to other networks, but I think Greta Van Sustren has gained their trust and they feel safe with her. She has done a tremendous job covering this case!!!!

I think they went with the network that a) would give the coverage. b)the one that would give them information back and c) the one they watch every night in Alabama.

Not to start any political arguments (not the time or place), but Alabama is a "red" state and most everyone watches Fox News.

Good point! I live in a red state with some blue counties, and I have never watched so much Fox as I have in the last month. I think we need PURPLE states for those of us who agree with a little of both, and watch more channels than Foxnews and marching orders from Ailes

Pardon me absolute, but this is actually about Natalee's news coverage.

Woah! I had posted a response in agreement to this?

Don't worry absolut, I think Fox is miles ahead on covering Natalee's story. It is the goto channel for me---regarding this story. CYA just in case any of my other purple friends are reading........... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:38 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie Sprenger"
Does anyone think the police are making new rules to keep the public happy? Remember hearing that many police are volunteers or it is their part time job?

I think they all want to stay on the polis side of the cell right now  IMHO

peace to all
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #972 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:41 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Welcome to the board!  And yes, I think has been commented on in the past, and I'm in the process of taking all the old breaking news/rumor threads and...sticking them in their own forum as an archive so new folks can search them (and our diehards can find them.) Smile

WHOA, RB!  That must be a hefty undertaking!  Thanks for your dedication.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #973 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:49 PM »

Ladies, we love you, but if you wish to continue this discussion I can create a thread for you in Chit Chat.  Please and thanks from the housekeeper...
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #974 on: June 24, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »

The 3 little boys and the little girl in Florida being found so close to home makes me wonder how thoroughly and how many times and by whom the area around where Natalee was last seen has been searched?
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #975 on: June 24, 2005, 09:41:57 PM »

Chelsblu - I'm with you on the Jug style - I think he's very into vigilante mode (understandable maybe) and sounds very anti-aruba. I'm suspecting he's one of the heaviest pressures on the local authorities. Natalie's father is lovely and seems more concerned with trying to find Natalee but that's just an impression.

On Larry King, there's a bunch of avoiding talk about the chaperones and friends - it definitely stands out as a theme.
KoG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #976 on: June 24, 2005, 09:42:35 PM »

Quote from: "OldFart"
Being and oldfart I'v sat back and watched the posts here for a while.  A lot of tallent/leads/facts /researh can be pulled togher when You want too, and  lot of seconday BS has to be igonred (KOG's Posts for one) and some other cow patties.

Since Joran has had a story since day 1 that now has changed he is 99.9% guilty.  But what if he said the HI was the drop off point becuase he knew that is what he shoud have done and he did leave her at the beach and figured she would show up sometime so no big problem?

when did the Kalpoe's agree to Joarns cover story? Before or when they met the parent(followed Jorans lead)?

I think think papa, sons & brother are in deep sh*T BUT at the same time I hate to see the talent shown here debating Nat's morality, religion etc.

Some one / some way need to nail down when the brothers were onbard with Jorans story.  LE may have aleady done it but they do not say much.

If they just followed Joarns lead ...there could be other options.

Just and oldfarts observation... and almost bedtime.  thnks for putting up whith me.

Old Fart,

...sad that some people just grow older and not necessarily wiser. You want to call me out at the exclusion of Bendex. You are now giving only part-version of the facts.

My replies to Bendex have been taken out of context. I was merely responding to his American bashing and stated disgust at many of the posters here and Rheilworldview for suggesting prayers for Natalee.

It sickenes ME how many here cede to THEIR bs so easily in the name of political correctness. I am not even American by birth...maybe better for it seeing how the Arubans and Dutch stick together while so many americans sell themselves out for the appearance of being "nice"
Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #977 on: June 24, 2005, 09:42:43 PM »

Quote from: "chelsblu"

I feel that he has spoken what other people will not say and I like it.  When Jug called Paul a slimeball, I agreed.  He and Beth seem to read people well and their instincts seem perfect.  He also sees what we are all seeing that Beth is becoming a shadow of herself.  It is painful to see the pic of Nat and her Mom at her graduation.  This case is so sad.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #978 on: June 24, 2005, 09:42:45 PM »

Angie...sorry, I was asking about the stress level in YOUR job.  LOL

and yes...let's get off the bra ok? If some photos of MINE made it to the web..well....
(thinking of the one where my top was actually unbottoned...at school...and oh nevermind) Shocked

lol Kerin.. its ok.. the stress there was awful.. BUT we had to go to classes not to dwell 24/7 on certain things.. like the 911 disaster.. to take a break form watching tv..and being glues to the pc alot.. we learned that because you can walk away and do this.. dont mean that a person is not a caring one.. Trust me Karin,., ALOT of us there were on some kind of happy pills...thus after my sons own accident.. I couldnt deal with that stress there anymore..NOR did I think I could ever handle another vehicle/pedistrian accident phone call..I left.. simply not to jeapordize anothers life it I lost it on a call!!
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #979 on: June 24, 2005, 09:43:13 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

Ladies, we love you, but if you wish to continue this discussion I can create a thread for you in Chit Chat.  Please and thanks from the housekeeper...

Oh crap...I hate to get reprimanded!  I won't do it again, I promise.  Sorry!  Embarassed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.