March 19, 2024, 12:25:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 23 - Evening 6/24/05- Early Morning 6/25/05  (Read 235849 times)
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 10:07:30 PM »

note that Joran's attorney on Greta used the same terms when Greta asked how Joran was doing - "He's holding up" so maybe that phrase should not be construed as a negative in the PVDS statement.

PVDS trained Joran's attorney if seems.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 10:08:05 PM »

Greta now interviewing PVDS attorney Antonio Carlo on FOX
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 10:08:32 PM »

((((HUGS)))

Man, what a day! Could NOT get home from work..grrrr first a firetruck got hit, then the roads closed due to an officer being shot and killed  Crying or Very sad

Anyhow, is it just me, or does anyone else feel frustrated due to the "english" language understanding barrier, that when these Aruba people are interviewed they get lead into this rabbit hole...almost like they are on the stand as a trial witness... I feel more confused everytime they do an interview. Everything they say is so misconstrued...

Maybe it's just me...
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 10:09:15 PM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"
Back when we started , the very first incarnation, which was a total of 7 posts back in 2003, that was our very first post.

T

Thank you all for keeping with these ideals.

And thank you, Tom, for sharing that post with us!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 10:09:37 PM »

Author: ru (---.shv.bellsouth.net)
Date:   06-06-05 22:50

C&C should move back to Mexico. Thought it was not up to Aruba's style of class. Loved everywhere we went in Aruba, people were kind and gracious, but thought C&C reminded us of Tiajuana. Get rid of joints like that and keep the elegance of the island in tact.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 10:10:58 PM »

Thanks every one for the kind words.

We are committed till we are committed to helping others. But we are nothing but a couple of blabbering fools without you the members of Scared Monkeys. Your view points, tips, comments, and personalities are what makes this site.

That, combined with the leadership provided by Cat, RB, and Absolut in these forums are making this site a  wonderful place.

So to all, thank you very much. We will work to earn you respect.

Tom and Red
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
((((HUGS)))

Man, what a day! Could NOT get home from work..grrrr first a firetruck got hit, then the roads closed due to an officer being shot and killed  Crying or Very sad

Anyhow, is it just me, or does anyone else feel frustrated due to the "english" language understanding barrier, that when these Aruba people are interviewed they get lead into this rabbit hole...almost like they are on the stand as a trial witness... I feel more confused everytime they do an interview. Everything they say is so misconstrued...

Maybe it's just me...

HUGS back at yah Cali.. Sorry about your rough ride home from work.
Relax.. kick off your shoes.. drink a beer..(III)?  I'll share mine.. and I agree with you about being confused .. I am as well.. ughhh
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 10:11:34 PM »

SOT

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 10:11:43 PM »

Author: JakHamma (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date:   06-16-05 08:01

Carlos and Charlies is great for about 5 minutes. It's sleazy and I agree with the person who said it belongs in Tijuana. Aruba needs a club for the late 20's / thirties crowd. Plus - get rid of the drug dealers in front of Carlos & Charlies.

coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 10:11:49 PM »

Cali - glad you made it home!

I think you are so right about the language issue. The Arubans are being asked to answer often loaded questions in a language which is not their first - and then we parse and critique each comma. Add in the difficulty of dealing with the difference in legal systems and it's frightening what can get misunderstood.
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "chelsblu"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Greetings DF! Big news day huh?

I JUST got home...watching O'Reilly (me gots da DVR) WOW...what DID papa say to Greta that was inconsistent??

I know they said that inconsistencies were from Greta's interview but I got the feeling that they might have come from the meeting between BTH and VDS. After the meeting she said that she got confirmation, and that more folks were involved and would be arrested. I felt then that she was talking about something that was said at that meeting which gave her "confirmation" that PVDS was covering something.

But seeing as the conversation wasn't taped and Greta not being law enforcement might make that hearsay, maybe it was something in Greta's interview. But doesn't it seem strange that Greta continues to say don't jump to conclusions, he could have left her on the beach and someone else got her. Plus the deal from Greta about the mystery airline passenger. Hmmm.

I don't understand the "premeditated" murder charge

Jug said that they just charge em with the max all of the possible charges and I guess they sort it out later. But he also said that they were all charged with the same thing, and I thought PVDS's was the a lesser charge: complicity in all of the charges.
Does it mean planned or just not done in the "heat of moment, or not involuntary here? And I wonder if pre-meditated means the same thing there that it does here? Anyone??
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 10:14:23 PM »

Quote from: "WonderWoman"
Jug is judging VDS' based on their lifestyle. Wonder what goes on in his home?

His anger is overpowering his senses.

That could happen alot.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 10:14:25 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Ting"

Monkeys will type in straight lines only.

I think you may need to speak to FOM about this  requirement! LOL

okay, so what of any new arrests/inquisitions???
earlier am (after kerin to bed) we learned of Lorenzoe's family biz...
Rob and I thought he'd be next in  jail...
has greta been to his basement...????
what a strange trip that would be!

peace to all
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »

Author: George (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date:   06-20-05 14:12

Definitely, I got the same bad vibe from C&C. Can't imagine sending my teenage daughter there...especially late at night, but hey. I'd advise Aruba to pick business they want to stay.

Mambo Jambo's was nice, Tatoo was weak in the food dpt, although it was fun, not what I wanted.

Had a good time, just Aruba is experiencing growth pains as their tourism base changes.

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 10:15:04 PM »

Hey guys..Earlier I heard that Papa VDS was NOT cooperating with LE while being detained..Does anyone know where that came from and what is being said about it?

"God dont like ugly"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 10:15:29 PM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
Author: JakHamma (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date:   06-16-05 08:01

Carlos and Charlies is great for about 5 minutes. It's sleazy and I agree with the person who said it belongs in Tijuana. Aruba needs a club for the late 20's / thirties crowd. Plus - get rid of the drug dealers in front of Carlos & Charlies.

It is going to be fairly time consuming to copy that other forum here 1 post at time.

I also worry people with attribute the comments to you and possible expect you to defend them.
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16:44 PM »

Tom,
At risk of being shunted to the chit-chat room. Ever heard of Albany, GA?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16:45 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Cali - glad you made it home!

I think you are so right about the language issue. The Arubans are being asked to answer often loaded questions in a language which is not their first - and then we parse and critique each comma. Add in the difficulty of dealing with the difference in legal systems and it's frightening what can get misunderstood.

Don't get me wrong I love Greta but sometimes I just have this urge to slap her and tell her to drop her lawyer routinue.

It's like, okay they speak some english, not US english..ask some short simple questions for pete's sake and stop putting words into their mouths and confusing the crap out of them and the viewers. It's like she tells a whole hearsay conversation repeats it and then asks "is this your knowledge"? Grrr How about.. cut to the chase and more on.. go follow Equusearch or something. They keep going over and over the same old thing..
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16:47 PM »

Greta does a good job with the differences in legal systems - she's the only one who really keeps that front of mind.

Deepak's attorney says all suspects are being interrogated with intense pressure. He also says he is having to protest to get documents, etc which is unusual and that much is odd in how this case is being handled.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2005, 10:17:22 PM »

SOT

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.