March 18, 2024, 08:09:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 23 - Evening 6/24/05- Early Morning 6/25/05  (Read 235825 times)
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »

Quote from: "natfortplum"
Quote from: "bluebob"
I could be all wrong, but. . .looking at some of the pictures of Natalee - she seems really thin in the recent photos.  Just wondering if she lost weight for prom, like girls (my daughter) do.  110 pounds is thin for her height. . .with her system already trying to handle the alcohol, possibly some of her own medication too - if she was then given drugs, it's easy to see what might have happened.

I noticed the weight change, also, but I was thinking more along the lines of illness.hmmm

Or maybe she does drugs. (ducking, stopping, dropping and rolling, trying to dodge the bullets). I know, I know......but it's a possibility..One of my best friends, well off financially, Sunday school teacher, married to a physician, she is a nurse, they have two children, boy then girl, the perfect family....is now in drug rehab. No one knew for a long while except one person that suspected only because of one particular circumstance that happened.

No NO No...I do not think Natalee was on coke.. I'm just saying it happens. AND, unfortunately, that it can easily happen to overachievers as well as the rest of us slugs.    Crying or Very sad
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2005, 12:13:51 AM »

Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "WonderWoman"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Wasn't Natalee's passport, ID and money found in her room at the HI?

That's where the Ran away theory comes from.....

Um why would you run away and leave your clothes money etc.  And how could a girl who had run away stay hidden for so long on a small island like aruba, especially given that she doesn't know it very well.  And if she ran away then why did Joran et al lie?  Doesn't add up.

Yeah, I do not see that either..murder and hiding the body would be one of the premise one has to go inorder to fit the puzzle.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2005, 12:14:23 AM »

Quote from: "heartache"
Well what if she voluntarily took x? And then died? During consensual sex? What then?

Then Joran would probably have called the police like any normal person would have.  And he would have confessed by now also.

I'm so confused.  I think it was accidental but I cannot understand why he wouldn't confess...unless his father was able to convinced him the body will never be found.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Microcephalic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2005, 12:14:35 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Huh?  How is that indicative of someone running away?

What would be her motive for running away anyway?  She just graduated, was apparently having the time of her life, well right up until she hooked up with Joran, and was set to go off to college and really begin her life.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2005, 12:15:08 AM »

Quote from: "heartache"
Oh I see DT... 17 yr old boy meets strange girl, who loves x, booze and sex and dies during a romp on the sand... he immediately calls 911  Rolling Eyes

If I knew someone was dying I would immediately call 911 (or whatever they do in aruba)  doesn't matter what the situation was.  How would he know she loves booze x etc. he just met her?  

If he did dispose of the body he would have needed help, so when these boys are facing murder charges why not just confess that she died accidently? I sure as hell wouldn't risk going to jail to help my friend cover up an accidental death.
SoInSo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2005, 12:15:53 AM »

I believe the comment about the missing guy was made by Greta, in her first 'exclusive' this week - the night she walked the island. She said in her intro that there were many unfounded rumors flying around on the ground in Aruba, then spoke of a person who was supposedly on Natalee's flight who had not left the island, something to that effect, then she moved right on to the next thing. I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right. She emphasized that it was one of many rumors flying around. Hope that helps Smile
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2005, 12:16:04 AM »

And I think that a lot of people are too eager to put the blame on someone....!!

It feels so wrong ,but hey I have my own opinion just as you all do Wink

I don`t believe in people tried with sensational mediahypes and judge and sentence out of courts..... by public opinions!

So I sure as ....  hope that the LE ìn aruba do there jobs as the DUTCH law requires without the pressure from the US or anybody

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »

Quote from: "Daniel"
Quote from: "coco"
In Dutch law, is there the responsibility to help someone in distress or danger (which we don't have here)?

Yes. To abandon someone who is in danger (while you were able to help) is a criminal offence and if the person dies, may lead to up to 10 years in jail if I recall correctly.

God, I would hope so, to do that is almost as bad as killing them ones self. Remember the woman who left the man she hit in her windshield?

that was so twisted/sick...the morning after nightmare  for both

peace to all
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2005, 12:16:23 AM »

If I took my $$, passport and ID, they might think I did.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2005, 12:17:06 AM »

Quote from: "monkey c"
The photo on the right has its original title as it was given in the blog where I found it; "WaStEd". It shows Joran and another boy

address?
KKM
Scared Monkey

« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2005, 12:17:10 AM »

Oh my - anorexia, drug problems, condoms, Jug bashing, key man insurance?  I'm sure there are more, I've just forgotten them after reading the last 20 pages.

I hate to say this, but I recommended this site to a friend of mine who Natalee babysits for.  What in the world is she going to think about this place?

Thanks to those of you staying realistic and positive, or at least supportive of this situation.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2005, 12:17:54 AM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Red wrote:

If it ever goes to trial? Ahhh ... Aruba better hope it goes to trial. You don't have 5 people held on reasonable suspician charges, 3 of which were the last to ever see her and a missing teen.

If that ever occured they best close up shop because that will never fly in America. Right or wrong, that will never wash. We have Joran's mother on TV today whining that its a govt's conspircacy, she been watching too much American CNN. Her son has changed his story how many times and was last to be seen with girl.

Who really thinks he does not know what happened to Natalee, I mean really?

If they hav no evidence for instance ... that`s what I mean then they have to let them go it`s our law I can`t help it.

And as far as we think we know ho many times he changed his story all we think we know is from mediasources!

I have an open mind on this case, I have not seen any evidence what so ever so leaving a girl on the beach and lies does not make you a murderer.

Open mind is fine, but keep eyes open as well. One is not perpetually in the wrong place at the wrong time without reason,.

My point was more that Aruba best find who did this. Lets say it was accidental death hypothetically, a person just does not disappear. An unsolved disappearance will affect Aruba more than if this does turn out to be a suspected murder as the police said today.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #392 on: June 25, 2005, 12:18:39 AM »

If I took my $$, passport and ID, they might think I did.

Except there is absolutely nothing in Natalee's past behavior that indicates she would contimplate running away....nothing.
BlueBob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2005, 12:19:18 AM »

I don't remember anything about Greta's reporting that another student did not return???????????
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2005, 12:19:18 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
((((HUGS)))

Man, what a day! Could NOT get home from work..grrrr first a firetruck got hit, then the roads closed due to an officer being shot and killed  Crying or Very sad

Anyhow, is it just me, or does anyone else feel frustrated due to the "english" language understanding barrier, that when these Aruba people are interviewed they get lead into this rabbit hole...almost like they are on the stand as a trial witness... I feel more confused everytime they do an interview. Everything they say is so misconstrued...

Maybe it's just me...

{{{{CALI}}}} No it's not just you. Laguage barriers are very much a part of this case!!

IS 'NO SHIT'  still international????

I dunno, I do have to say this one Arubian female spokesperson oh 3 nights ago on Hannity and Combs, was so cute and had an adorable arubian english accent. Wink
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2005, 12:20:04 AM »

Quote from: "kuaitzu"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Quote from: "natfortplum"
Quote from: "bluebob"
I could be
I noticed the weight change, also, but I was thinking more along the lines of illness.hmmm

OK, if we are gonna think along those lines, which i think is fairly sensible to some extent, then how about anorexia? Maybe she was anorexic, and had a heart attack..which alot of girls suffering from that do..I.E., Karen Carpenter...maybe ....

I am thinking..maybe anorexia too.or depression meds...for some reason the Twittys reacted extremely quickly when they heard that Natalee didn't show up for the plane..I mean they had to suspect something..I'm curious why they felt such an urgency to get there..they weren't even sure if she just fell asleep somewhere. It's almost like they expected something like this was going to happen. Maybe she had been having emotional problems..depression..hence the anorexia and weight loss. Just a thought.

I think the comments you've made are way off base.  Natalee doesn't look anorexic at all.  She's a fit, young woman IMO.  Have you seen an anorexic?  Not even close.  So now we're questioning a mothers quick trip to help find her missing daughter? So she should have waited a day, had a manicure and haircut?  Yikes.  I hope this case is solved soon...first for the family, and second, so some of these wild comments will cease.

Tonight someone sent me a link to a site where it appears members of Scared Monkeys must be posing as one person to pitch theories from this forum to psychics!!!  The person posting says they live in Aruba...but, it's really doubtful that's true.  Sorta shocking the lengths some people will go to further their theories....

Sheesh....
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2005, 12:20:09 AM »

Quote from: "coco"
I know we discuss this every night but I know that I've told my kids that if questioned by the cops, they are to say yes sir and no sir and that's about it. Offer no info, etc .... that's because I took legal courses and it was drummed into us - you can say the most innocent thing, the most true thing and yet find yourself in very bad situations.

And I think the VDSs may have thought Natalee was just another american teen who got too drunk or something at the time the family arrived (suggested by the kick her butt statement as well) then they would not react in 'gee, this is an emergency - tell everything you know" mode.

If tonight a cop came to my door and said my son was last seen with a girl from England, Russia, Canada or Turkey ( mind you, that would be hard as he is in Iraq) I would have my son tell everything he knows, and I mean everything. Reason being, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would want a parent to do the same.
This happened to my sister, her boyfriend's parents knew where they were hiding when they ran away--he was 19 and she was 16----they said nothing! Finally about 2 weeks later, sis called a friend and the gig was up. I had never seen my Dad cry until the night they could not find sis.
To do less, is inhumane. If my son had some criminal involvement in a girl's disappearance, then he would have to face whatever the legal system had in store for him with legal counsel.
We went thru this with a vandalism issue, my son told the cops what he did, the other boys involvement came out eventually, and the legal system did it's thing. Actions take responsibility. Trust me, it was one of the hardest things I ever did to MAKE him come clean with LE, but it was the right thing to do. It changed his life and running buddies.
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2005, 12:20:29 AM »

Quote from: "KKM"
Oh my - anorexia, drug problems, condoms, Jug bashing, key man insurance?  I'm sure there are more, I've just forgotten them after reading the last 20 pages.

I hate to say this, but I recommended this site to a friend of mine who Natalee babysits for.  What in the world is she going to think about this place?

Thanks to those of you staying realistic and positive, or at least supportive of this situation.

Thanks to you too,,,I have tried to keep the facts straight,,,only what we know,,,and that is a timeline from 1 am until Joran went to school...
We do not know what the LE knows,,,the boys could very well have told them exactly what happened.. My heart goes out to the family,,and hope they do not read this blog....

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2005, 12:21:01 AM »

Her ID was found in her room?  She did not have it with her when she went out that evening?
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2005, 12:21:12 AM »

Um why would you run away and leave your clothes money etc.  And how could a girl who had run away stay hidden for so long on a small island like aruba, especially given that she doesn't know it very well.  And if she ran away then why did Joran et al lie?  Doesn't add up.

as not to cause suspicion that i ran away.
she had help from locals.
because he knew what she was planning.
and knew case would die down, as most missing persons do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.