April 18, 2024, 09:10:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why does this bother me so much?  (Read 7136 times)
hithere
Scared Monkey

« on: June 24, 2005, 10:29:38 PM »

I am defiantly a compassionate person.  If I see a person in need, I try to help anyway I can.  But I just can not explain why this case is bothering me so much.  I do care about other cases like this.  Like the boy scout who was found earlier this week alive (thank goodness), the 3 little children who where found today, the Jennifer Wilbanks case (I'm glad it ended the way it did, but not how), and too many others.  But I have never really felt like this.

I was a volunteer fireman for years and saw plenty of auto fatalities and a few fire deaths, as well as some local cases of searching for missing kids (all turned out good),  so I have had exposure to some very sad situations and families,

but I have NEVER had the deep, empty, hollow feeling that I have had since this happened.  

I have gone though several thousand post on this forum, to the point that I just can not go through them anymore.  It is literally causing me pain.  Especially when I see post that just do not make sense.  As bad as it would make the U.S.A. look, I would give anything for her to just show-up and say that she met someone.

I know this is crazy and stupid.  I have literally considered getting on a plane and flying down there to help.  And don't worry, I have been certified as sane.

If I feel like this, I can not even imagine how her family feels.
mia
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 10:41:27 PM »

Quote from: "hithere"
I am defiantly a compassionate person.  If I see a person in need, I try to help anyway I can.  But I just can not explain why this case is bothering me so much.  I do care about other cases like this.  Like the boy scout who was found earlier this week alive (thank goodness), the 3 little children who where found today, the Jennifer Wilbanks case (I'm glad it ended the way it did, but not how), and too many others.  But I have never really felt like this.

I was a volunteer fireman for years and saw plenty of auto fatalities and a few fire deaths, as well as some local cases of searching for missing kids (all turned out good),  so I have had exposure to some very sad situations and families,

but I have NEVER had the deep, empty, hollow feeling that I have had since this happened.  

I have gone though several thousand post on this forum, to the point that I just can not go through them anymore.  It is literally causing me pain.  Especially when I see post that just do not make sense.  As bad as it would make the U.S.A. look, I would give anything for her to just show-up and say that she met someone.

I know this is crazy and stupid.  I have literally considered getting on a plane and flying down there to help.  And don't worry, I have been certified as sane.

I feel like you do, as well...but why would it make the USA look bad if she turned up alive and safe...having met someone that she took off with?
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:45:53 PM »

just that alot of people are playing the blame game and the way the news media has run the story.  i think alot of people will say "look at those yankees, overreacting"  esp. since the U.S. relations in that area have been rocky the last few months.
bobcats1996
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 11:22:21 PM »

hithere
you are not alone in those feelings you are having towards this.  I have never followed a missing person case liek I have the case of Natalee Holloway.  I feel so emotionally invested in it now having talked to people that know her.  I have yet to be able to explain why I am so wrapped up in this.  It is possible that we all have hearts and compassion and she could be our sister or anyones sister or daughter.  I think that is why we are so involved inthis case.
bubble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »

The case has me waking up at night worrying about Natalee. Who is Lorenzo? I have been such a junkie for this story I can not believe I missed a player!
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 11:46:53 PM »

The thing is, I did not have this type of anxiety with the boy scouts case.  Or those 3 little boys.  Or the girl, Drew (did they ever find her) from the mid west last year.   I did care about what happened.  I just did not feel like this.  The funny thing is, (my wife would be the first to agree),  I am VERY un-emotional.  Never have been.  I actually feel like someone punched me in the gut.  Then I think how the family and friends feel, then I just add ashamed to the list.  

Bubble
You can look in the breaking news only thread and on the first page it has all the people that have been questioned.  I looks like it is being updated as well because there seems to be more names than when I first saw it
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 12:09:17 AM »

I think it bothers us so much is because we know they have the guilty parties in custody and they wont give the family or any of us closure.  Its like when someone lies to your face and you know it, you keep bugging them and bugging them but they just keep lying.  We know they know what they did with her, unfortunately they are smart enough to know that unless the body is found they will go free in 100 days.  They must have done a pretty good job at dumping her, because they arent scared at all of her possibly being found.  Just pray god guides that sonar scan to the right place in the ocean.
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 12:34:25 AM »

Quote from: "hithere"

You are not alone.  I have been so upset by this that my family has suggested that I go get counseling.  

I believe that we are all connected spiritually and in some way Natalee is connected to everyone here.  I know this much, it is or was not her time.  She was to do more for us as a society than just bring us all together.

Although it does not stop the pain and constant sadness that I feel, it does  give me comfort in knowing that I am not alone in these feelings.

Pray, this you cannot do to much of.
tennisnet2002
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 12:41:13 AM »

I was hooked and transfixed to this case sinced it broke. I wish I was at the bar in aruba and foiled their sinister plan and not let her get in the car. Unfortunately it sounds like she did not go into the car at her own free will. They drugged her and she was helped by them taking her to the car and then all hell broke loose most likely for her. It is so sad that this happened. I just hope to god everyone invloved in this case gets the max sentence for their evil doings. Life for all 5 of them and a death penalty for the father and the son. Bring them to cuba so they can quarter them or maime them big time.

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Hello there buddy
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 01:13:15 AM »

I have been fixated on this case, as well. Every day when i wake up, i wonder if this will be the day they find her? I have a feeling the team from Texas may find her?It is a very sad case, and as was previously stated, they all know thier part in this case (the ones being held in prison) they know what they did!!
fnkmsta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 01:13:54 AM »

I am right here with you. I am also obsessed with this and my husband and kids think I am losing it. I even sneak on the sight at work (at the risk of being fired since we aren't supposed to use the net) Anyway, here I am at 1am when I should be sleeping. The reason this is so compelling is because it is a scenario that any of us (or our kids, friends' kids etc) could have been in. Beautiful American girl, "safe" island, handsome friendly local guy.....all gone insanely wrong. My heart breaks for NH's parents and sibling(s). Maybe there is something so strong in NH's life force, spirit, whatever, that it is transmitting to all of us; people that are usually not followers of this type of news.
Britney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 01:57:12 AM »

I have been really fixated on this case as well. I actually had a dream last night that they found here, similiar to the way Elizabeth Smart was found.

Sad
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 02:04:44 AM »

-fnkmsta- You obviously haven't sen the Jug Twity comments on Fox tonight. There are Crack house all up and down the street next to Carlos and Charlies. That doesn't sound like a "SAFE ISLAND" to me. Look around this site and you'll see pictures and accounts  of the Very Seedy side of Aruba.

GuyWdog
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 02:30:43 AM »

i will say one thing for sure, if i was not married and had those type of responsibilities, i would be down there now helping the search.  everytime i look at the picture of her and her friends the night she disappeared, i see young people having a good time, ready to start the next chapter of their lives.  i can not help but to wonder what she was thinking in that photo.  

as for the other post:

i think everyplace has a seedy side.  i am from a small town in georgia, and it even had places you just did not go unless you wanted to take a chance.

i do not blame the people of Aruba anymore than i blamed the people of U.S.S.R. during the cold war or the poeple of Cuba.  i think that Aruba will be ok, as long as they do a decent job on this.  I do think that they waited WAY too long to bring the 3 boys in.  It does not matter what country you live in, what justic system you prefer,  but evidence deteriorates.  even if you do not have someone cleaning it up.  the first 48 hours are critical.  it could have even been enough to clear the boys, if they are innocent.

another thing that i am VERY afraid of, and may cause Aruba some problems, is if it is discovered that she was alive and died since.  i'm am afraid, fair or not, that may be bad for the country.
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »

Quote from: "Britney"
I have been really fixated on this case as well. I actually had a dream last night that they found here, similiar to the way Elizabeth Smart was found.

Sad

i hope beyond all hope that she is alive and well.
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 02:46:29 AM »

---
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 03:08:25 AM »

your right...i'm going to edit it out.  but now you understand my feels and reason a little, i guess.
TG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 04:30:34 AM »

Personally, the reason it bothers me so much (more than the 3 kids or the kid lost in the mountains) is because it wasn't her fault.  The Jessica Lunsford case affected me alot also for the same reason.  I can't believe how many lives males can ruin when they think with the wrong head.
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 04:52:51 AM »

hey, don't knock it,...it got me through high school.   (i'm sorry, it 4:45 a.m.)

either way, wrong is wrong.  a 17 year old young man knows what is right or wrong.  I'm not a stud, but i have done things thinking with the wrong head.  but know matter how much *&$&% i wanted, i would never hurt anyone.  

that is acually another reason i do not believe the "i left her on the beach story"  because, if they did have intimate relations, what 18 year old girl is going to want to leave someone who she was just intimate with.  from EVERYTHING credible i have seen, Natalie was a shy, sweet, smart girl.  if she spent that kind of time with him, i can not believe she would just be ok if he left her
TG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 05:04:17 AM »

well, if she was dead from a drug that she unknowingly took, he might have left her in a panic to get someone to help him (dispose her).  I hope I am way the hell off on that though.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.