March 28, 2024, 05:50:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom's First Post - Discussion 6/25/05  (Read 12295 times)
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« on: June 24, 2005, 09:53:47 PM »

Scared Monkeys is a phrase that is apt in today’s United States.
The majority of the population lives in fear of knowing what is happening.

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

And then live their lives in ignorance, thinking all is well and the world will go along fine. The paycheck will come in every 15th and 30th, even though the company is losing money. Social Security will take care of me, even though it is supposed to go broke someday. Politicians will take care of my needs, even though I don’t know who they are or what they are doing, they have my best interests in hand.

So let’s kiss the wife, open a beer, turn on Entertainment Tonight, and relax. Life is okay.

That is the genesis of Scared Monkeys, because deep in all hearts is fear. That is why we do not look.
Fortunately, I have the annoying habit of looking and asking why?

As 9/11 proved, when really bad things happen the TV goes on the news, people do get scared but also angry. And for a short time while FoxNews or CNN is on, the antenna goes up and they are interested. And all of us who have been following the news need to be ready to tell the correct story. ________

I think that we have maintained this principle.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »

SOT

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 09:57:13 PM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

And then live their lives in ignorance, thinking all is well and the world will go along fine. The paycheck will come in every 15th and 30th, even though the company is losing money. Social Security will take care of me, even though it is supposed to go broke someday. Politicians will take care of my needs, even though I don’t know who they are or what they are doing, they have my best interests in hand.

So let’s kiss the wife, open a beer, turn on Entertainment Tonight, and relax. Life is okay.

That is the genesis of Scared Monkeys, because deep in all hearts is fear. That is why we do not look.

As 9/11 proved, when really bad things happen the TV goes on the news, people do get scared but also angry. And for a short time while FoxNews or CNN is on, the antenna goes up and they are interested. And all of us who have been following the news need to be ready to tell the correct story. ________

You are so right.  I commend you.    Very Happy
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:59:18 PM »

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

You are so right...except that I'm enjoying a nice fat glass of wine, instead of a beer.  Wink
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »

Back when we started , the very first incarnation, which was a total of 7 posts back in 2003, that was our very first post.

T

Thank you all for keeping with these ideals.

This site is great.  Thanks for making it happen.  I've been addicted to the news since 911.  The only reason the tv gets turned off in my house these days is because the man put his foot down when it's time to sleep...lol.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:00:49 PM »

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

Wow! Very poignant!
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 10:03:49 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

You are so right.  I commend you.    Very Happy

I agree with you, maybe we should start a "current enents" after this.

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 10:09:43 PM »

Quote from: "K in TX"

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

You are so right...except that I'm enjoying a nice fat glass of wine, instead of a beer.  Wink

yes - very nice tom and red!!!!  and I'm off to smoke a bananna! Laughing

peace to all
mordred
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 10:12:35 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

And then live their lives in ignorance, thinking all is well and the world will go along fine. The paycheck will come in every 15th ......

Very Happy

You are so so very right! I condemn you Mad
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 10:18:41 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "K in TX"

So they…
Hear No evil.
Speak No Evil.
See No evil.

yes - very nice tom and red!!!!  and I'm off to smoke a bananna! Laughing

Right on brother, there is always a method behind the madness. I will see your beer, wine, etc. and bananas  Shocked

And raise you a ... scotch & cigar.
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 10:34:09 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Thanks every one for the kind words.

We are committed till we are committed to helping others. But we are nothing but a couple of blabbering fools without you the members of Scared Monkeys. Your view points, tips, comments, and personalities are what makes this site.

That, combined with the leadership provided by Cat, RB, and Absolut in these forums are making this site a  wonderful place.

So to all, thank you very much. We will work to earn you respect.

Tom and Red

Who cares who came first as long as we go together!

Hey Tom and Red, can you say which came first, THE MONKIES OR THE JUNKIES????
Jes wonnerin? Very Happy
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:01 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Thanks every one for the kind words.

We are committed till we are committed to helping others. But we are nothing but a couple of blabbering fools without you the members of Scared Monkeys. Your view points, tips, comments, and personalities are what makes this site.

That, combined with the leadership provided by Cat, RB, and Absolut in these forums are making this site a  wonderful place.

So to all, thank you very much. We will work to earn you respect.

Tom and Red

Hey Tom and Red, can you say which came first, THE MONKIES OR THE JUNKIES????
Jes wonnerin? Very Happy

Who cares who came first as long as we go together!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.