February 19, 2019, 09:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #24 6/25/05 Daytime  (Read 207453 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
mojo
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 93



« Reply #1020 on: June 25, 2005, 04:06:08 PM »

Quote from: "Starwise"
I don't think they have any evidence at all. They said just the fact he told his son to say nothing is reason to arrest him, since he is an attorney. Even though he is not an attorney, they called him that given his legal background. He said "he is first a judge, but he is also a father. If I told my son to say nothing, I would not be arrested but he would." I think they are trying to force a confession by parading him in front of the kid in prison. He is not in the jail, he is in with his son. The son was in the jail, so why is the father not in the jail now, he is being used. Would not want to be a suspect in Aruba. And the way they operated, it is wise to say to your child "say nothing" if you are accused of a crime that is wise everywhere. The father did not take his own advice though. The more they go after this family like this, the more sympathy I have for them because they are not getting a fair deal at all, the media is convicting them before they have a chance to even know what evidence the prosecution has agianst them.


i have no idea about the evidence, but i totally agree with you starwise.
Logged

The state of the condition insults my intuition
JodyO
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 393


« Reply #1021 on: June 25, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »

I lived on Aruba 30+ yrs. ago and I guarantee they dumped garbage on the eastern side of island because I watched them. I think Trappenberg or maybe it was the captain of the ship that Greta interviewed said that they dumped garbage and fed the sharks for 60 yrs. over there but stopped when the slaughterhouse closed (whenever that was.) I understood that what they were dumping when I lived there was garbage from the hotels, maybe everyone's garbage.
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #1022 on: June 25, 2005, 04:07:30 PM »

Aweee  a 14 yr old gilr died in Florida as a result of a shark attack.. SAD!
Logged
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #1023 on: June 25, 2005, 04:07:50 PM »

very good points Starwise!

Fox is not claiming new news in 5 minutes but then said it was about Paulus being held on murder and kidnapping so I suspect this is another of their mistakes like yesterday
Logged
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #1024 on: June 25, 2005, 04:08:37 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Oh God.. a man by the namem of Mike was on FOX saying that IF a body would be dumped in the ocean.. ESP where the garbage is dumped.. around the sharks.. NO nody wou dlikely EVER be found  Crying or Very sad


NO can't be sharks....I think Trappenburg said no sharks at all there...last nite on fox and they stopped dumping trash on wild side 60 years ago...only then were there ever sharks


Thanks Friends.. guess you can't always go by what you hear on tv!
A friend of mine was in Aruba recently.. she said they went on a boat tour.. to a part of the island where they feed the sharks on purpose to keep them away from where people swim..  Im not saying they feed them garbage or whatnot...  I just only typed what this Mike dude said.. I didnt catch his last name.. I am about ready to wheel my tv here in my computer room if my cable reaches that far..lol


i saw plenty of trash on the wild side beaches...i think there are still sharks there too.. Wink
Logged

peace to all
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1025 on: June 25, 2005, 04:08:55 PM »

Quote from: "JodyO"
I lived on Aruba 30+ yrs. ago and I guarantee they dumped garbage on the eastern side of island because I watched them. I think Trappenberg or maybe it was the captain of the ship that Greta interviewed said that they dumped garbage and fed the sharks for 60 yrs. over there but stopped when the slaughterhouse closed (whenever that was.) I understood that what they were dumping when I lived there was garbage from the hotels, maybe everyone's garbage.


Stopped 8-10 years ago.
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #1026 on: June 25, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
very good points Starwise!

Fox is not claiming new news in 5 minutes but then said it was about Paulus being held on murder and kidnapping so I suspect this is another of their mistakes like yesterday


I heard the same thing coco..  ughh..  be nice to think she is still alive.. and I been keeping my hopes up.. but I dont know anymore.. I have NEVER seen anyhting so bizzare in my life.
Logged
monkey c
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 51


« Reply #1027 on: June 25, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »

Update: 4 PM
As Fox is now reporting, sources on the island recently informed me that there was a problem with a flight from Curacao to Aruba, causing a delay in an extension hearing for three of the boys held.

There is unconfirmed speculation on the ground at this time that one, or possibly two of the suspects could be released after that hearing - with more arrests coming tonight, or tomorrow.
Logged
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #1028 on: June 25, 2005, 04:10:42 PM »

inspector_detector wrote:


Quote
We know they arrested Paulus for a comment he made to Gretta. Gretta (a prosecutor) said she heard nothing incriminating. If they had any evidence then why arrest Paulus for some commen? Sorry it's clear they don't have any evidence.

Remember the lawyers for Mickey John, and Abraham Jones? They were shown the evidence against their clients - it was nothing.

Something like: "The girl is missing so therefore there has been a murder"



That`s just what I think is going on there, they feel absolutly pressured by the media and the parents. I understand why the parents do that but that does`nt make it right . They keep on arresting and arresting based on pressure for what I see now happening.
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 225



« Reply #1029 on: June 25, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »

where is this garbage dump shark infested area?
Logged
columbo
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1030 on: June 25, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "JodyO"
I lived on Aruba 30+ yrs. ago and I guarantee they dumped garbage on the eastern side of island because I watched them. I think Trappenberg or maybe it was the captain of the ship that Greta interviewed said that they dumped garbage and fed the sharks for 60 yrs. over there but stopped when the slaughterhouse closed (whenever that was.) I understood that what they were dumping when I lived there was garbage from the hotels, maybe everyone's garbage.


I agree, JodyO. The garbage was probably dumped/burned before the search for Natalee ever began. No body, no evidence. PVDS, as an official on the Island probably knew the garbage procedures.
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1031 on: June 25, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

This is not a dig against fox, or the holloway/twittys. But I would not release any of the 5 until they have a case. Those kids lives if innocent will be torn to pieces if they are released before the closure of this. Just my .02
Logged
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #1032 on: June 25, 2005, 04:12:24 PM »

Starwise wrote:

Quote
don't think they have any evidence at all. They said just the fact he told his son to say nothing is reason to arrest him, since he is an attorney. Even though he is not an attorney, they called him that given his legal background. He said "he is first a judge, but he is also a father. If I told my son to say nothing, I would not be arrested but he would." I think they are trying to force a confession by parading him in front of the kid in prison. He is not in the jail, he is in with his son. The son was in the jail, so why is the father not in the jail now, he is being used. Would not want to be a suspect in Aruba. And the way they operated, it is wise to say to your child "say nothing" if you are accused of a crime that is wise everywhere. The father did not take his own advice though. The more they go after this family like this, the more sympathy I have for them because they are not getting a fair deal at all, the media is convicting them before they have a chance to even know what evidence the prosecution has agianst them.



AMEN to that..!! Wink
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
iquitos
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1033 on: June 25, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Also, they said the suspects haven't arrived at the courthouse yet.

About the sharks, I heard the report on the area where they dump garbage...but then, what's his name the Aruban spokesman said there are NO sharks around Aruba...


to think there are "no" sharks around aruba would be like thinking there is no sand on the beach, and regardless, having sharks does not mean a body would disappear instantly.....
 

talk about a loyal spokesman.  sharks all over the ocean but not around aruba.  so why did natalee ask one goup of suspected sharks to take her to see the ones in tha water at the lighthouse?  has trappenburg not talked to a cabdriver lately?  

So after that, he was like, "I want to take you around and show you a few other places." We were like, "Yeah that's cool; it's not like we've got shit else better to do." I think the first place we went was to see the sharks, which was f***ing awesome. You see, there's like one half of Aruba where all the tourists go surfing, and they can't have any sharks over there lest they end up with a Jaws-like situation. So what they do is that they drop shitloads of meat into the water on the opposite side of the island. It's weird because you can go right up to the edge of this little cliff and look over and see mad sharks just swimming around in the water.

source:  http://www.byroncrawford.com/2005/06/bols_trip_to_ar.html

I have been told by one of the tour guides that you don't see many sharks on the west side of Aruba because they dump the island's garbage on the east side Smile

source:  http://www.tequila-stuff.com/aruba/antilla.htm
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1034 on: June 25, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »

Wouldn't it be ironic that there happened to be a "travel" issue for the judge and within the hour "something is found" by the Texas group.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #1035 on: June 25, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
This is not a dig against fox, or the holloway/twittys. But I would not release any of the 5 until they have a case. Those kids lives if innocent will be torn to pieces if they are released before the closure of this. Just my .02

Agreed. Greta will be all over them for interviews, and that would probably be the least of their worries.
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
mojo
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 93



« Reply #1036 on: June 25, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
This is not a dig against fox, or the holloway/twittys. But I would not release any of the 5 until they have a case. Those kids lives if innocent will be torn to pieces if they are released before the closure of this. Just my .02


if this case is not resolved, i don't think those kids will ever recover from this. everyone will always think they are guilty.
Logged

The state of the condition insults my intuition
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 225



« Reply #1037 on: June 25, 2005, 04:14:29 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
Quote from: "absolut"
This is not a dig against fox, or the holloway/twittys. But I would not release any of the 5 until they have a case. Those kids lives if innocent will be torn to pieces if they are released before the closure of this. Just my .02


if this case is not resolved, i don't think those kids will ever recover from this. everyone will always think they are guilty.


good
Logged
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #1038 on: June 25, 2005, 04:14:37 PM »

Absolut - sadly I think it's true that they would not be safe if released. We've certainly had enough folks saying "just give Jug 15 minutes with them!" here - add the media swarm and I think the jail is the safest place to be.
Logged
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1039 on: June 25, 2005, 04:14:43 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
inspector_detector wrote:


Quote
We know they arrested Paulus for a comment he made to Gretta. Gretta (a prosecutor) said she heard nothing incriminating. If they had any evidence then why arrest Paulus for some commen? Sorry it's clear they don't have any evidence.

Remember the lawyers for Mickey John, and Abraham Jones? They were shown the evidence against their clients - it was nothing.

Something like: "The girl is missing so therefore there has been a murder"



That`s just what I think is going on there, they feel absolutly pressured by the media and the parents. I understand why the parents do that but that does`nt make it right . They keep on arresting and arresting based on pressure for what I see now happening.


Sorry but I thought they dont release any evidence they have. (Could ruin the case) That's why you have no idea why they are holding them. I am sure Hollard would interfer if it was all a sham.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 0.852 seconds with 19 queries.