March 28, 2024, 03:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #24 6/25/05 Daytime  (Read 242313 times)
JodyO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1040 on: June 25, 2005, 04:15:48 PM »

RazzyBerry,

I believe it was Boca Mahos where the garbage was dumped and the sharks fed. They said it was to keep the sharks away from the west side of the island where people swim. Absolut says they stopped 8-10 yrs. ago. I don't know and don't know who said that.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: June 25, 2005, 04:16:13 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Wouldn't it be ironic that there happened to be a "travel" issue for the judge and within the hour "something is found" by the Texas group.

:::saying a prayer::::

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1042 on: June 25, 2005, 04:16:53 PM »

Good point !

Quote from: "HannieC"
Starwise wrote:

don't think they have any evidence at all. They said just the fact he told his son to say nothing is reason to arrest him, since he is an attorney. Even though he is not an attorney, they called him that given his legal background. He said "he is first a judge, but he is also a father. If I told my son to say nothing, I would not be arrested but he would." I think they are trying to force a confession by parading him in front of the kid in prison. He is not in the jail, he is in with his son. The son was in the jail, so why is the father not in the jail now, he is being used. Would not want to be a suspect in Aruba. And the way they operated, it is wise to say to your child "say nothing" if you are accused of a crime that is wise everywhere. The father did not take his own advice though. The more they go after this family like this, the more sympathy I have for them because they are not getting a fair deal at all, the media is convicting them before they have a chance to even know what evidence the prosecution has agianst them.

AMEN to that..!! Wink

Only the facts
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: June 25, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Wouldn't it be ironic that there happened to be a "travel" issue for the judge and within the hour "something is found" by the Texas group.

:::saying a prayer::::

Yeah has a weird feel to it all of a sudden.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1044 on: June 25, 2005, 04:17:05 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Absolut - sadly I think it's true that they would not be safe if released. We've certainly had enough folks saying "just give Jug 15 minutes with them!" here - add the media swarm and I think the jail is the safest place to be.

Jug is a business man, he would not do anything illegal. He has children at home and a life, get real. I say I want to kill child killers all the time, that doesnt mean i would do it, unless I have 5 minutes alone with them. Ha
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: June 25, 2005, 04:17:45 PM »

We arrest people here in the states on sham evidence due to pressure - why should Aruba be any different particularly given the level of pressure from family/media and the tourism concerns.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1046 on: June 25, 2005, 04:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Also, they said the suspects haven't arrived at the courthouse yet.

About the sharks, I heard the report on the area where they dump garbage...but then, what's his name the Aruban spokesman said there are NO sharks around Aruba...

to think there are "no" sharks around aruba would be like thinking there is no sand on the beach, and regardless, having sharks does not mean a body would disappear instantly.....

talk about a loyal spokesman.  sharks all over the ocean but not around aruba.  so why did natalee ask one goup of suspected sharks to take her to see the ones in tha water at the lighthouse?  has trappenburg not talked to a cabdriver lately?  

So after that, he was like, "I want to take you around and show you a few other places." We were like, "Yeah that's cool; it's not like we've got shit else better to do." I think the first place we went was to see the sharks, which was f***ing awesome. You see, there's like one half of Aruba where all the tourists go surfing, and they can't have any sharks over there lest they end up with a Jaws-like situation. So what they do is that they drop shitloads of meat into the water on the opposite side of the island. It's weird because you can go right up to the edge of this little cliff and look over and see mad sharks just swimming around in the water.

source:  http://www.byroncrawford.com/2005/06/bols_trip_to_ar.html

I have been told by one of the tour guides that you don't see many sharks on the west side of Aruba because they dump the island's garbage on the east side Smile

source:  http://www.tequila-stuff.com/aruba/antilla.htm

Same thing my friend told me.. she said they fed sharks on purpose..she didnt say WHAT they fed them.. but it was to keep them away from other places where people are in the water....she said the saething about the cliff as well.. AND she has not been following this case at all...I was sure hoping NH is alive.. I am having my doubts.. and I dont like feeling that way
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: June 25, 2005, 04:18:02 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Starwise wrote:

don't think they have any evidence at all. They said just the fact he told his son to say nothing is reason to arrest him, since he is an attorney. Even though he is not an attorney, they called him that given his legal background. He said "he is first a judge, but he is also a father. If I told my son to say nothing, I would not be arrested but he would." I think they are trying to force a confession by parading him in front of the kid in prison. He is not in the jail, he is in with his son. The son was in the jail, so why is the father not in the jail now, he is being used. Would not want to be a suspect in Aruba. And the way they operated, it is wise to say to your child "say nothing" if you are accused of a crime that is wise everywhere. The father did not take his own advice though. The more they go after this family like this, the more sympathy I have for them because they are not getting a fair deal at all, the media is convicting them before they have a chance to even know what evidence the prosecution has agianst them.

AMEN to that..!! Wink

i would concur with starwise too.   Rolling Eyes
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1048 on: June 25, 2005, 04:18:15 PM »

Hi all!  Sorry to be a PITA, but I just can't go back and read 1,000 posts, lol!  SO...any new news today?  Equusearch find anything?

Thanks!

K
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: June 25, 2005, 04:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "coco"
Absolut - sadly I think it's true that they would not be safe if released. We've certainly had enough folks saying "just give Jug 15 minutes with them!" here - add the media swarm and I think the jail is the safest place to be.

Jug is a business man, he would not do anything illegal. He has children at home and a life, get real. I say I want to kill child killers all the time, that doesnt mean i would do it, unless I have 5 minutes alone with them. Ha

There are always thousands of Americans on the island, some very zealous and emotionally involved at this point. First question asked of cabbies by the tourist is have they found her.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: June 25, 2005, 04:19:24 PM »

Quote from: "K in TX"
Hi all!  Sorry to be a PITA, but I just can't go back and read 1,000 posts, lol!  SO...any new news today?  Equusearch find anything?

Thanks!

K

Not yet and the hearing was postponed til tomorrow at 8:30.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1051 on: June 25, 2005, 04:19:42 PM »

Anyone heard about he misterious piano man ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4550069.stm

Only the facts
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1052 on: June 25, 2005, 04:20:05 PM »

Thanks!

K

no
the hearing has been postponed til 8pm tomorrow
5km = 3.1 miles
DJTaylor is in labor

those are the high points Cool

The state of the condition insults my intuition
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1053 on: June 25, 2005, 04:20:09 PM »

B/C I believe jorans mother when she said; They interrogate him for 11 hours or so!! And when that was coming out in the press, the brok their heels from the justice department to comment and say; It`s not true it,`s not legal!! Yeah right..... Sure it isn`t legal but i`m sure they put the heat on the interrogations but they don`t want anybody to know that that happens!! Same happend here in Holland.... So no pressure?? I don`t think so sorry... a lot of pressure!

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1054 on: June 25, 2005, 04:20:17 PM »

Boca Mahos pic: http://community.webshots.com/photo/90596213/90596213YSQIQo

Boca Mahos on map (east side of the island, in the middle):
http://www.maps2anywhere.com/Graphics/Aruba_-_map02big-green.gif

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1055 on: June 25, 2005, 04:20:24 PM »

Thanks!

K

No yet and the hearing was postponed til tomorrow at 8:30.

OK, thank you!  That was MUCH easier than my having to read for the next 3 hours, so thanks!
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: June 25, 2005, 04:22:07 PM »

I just got a brilliant idea: The police should arrest the Van Der Sloots 2 dogs. Those dogs have seen everything and they have to know something! Take them to the humane society and hold-em till they start barking... Shocked
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: June 25, 2005, 04:23:22 PM »

Thanks!

K

OK, thank you!  That was MUCH easier than my having to read for the next 3 hours, so thanks!

K...lots of pages huh?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1058 on: June 25, 2005, 04:23:50 PM »

Just posted on Riehl's site:

There is unconfirmed speculation on the ground at this time that one, or possibly two of the suspects could be released after that hearing - with more arrests coming tonight, or tomorrow.
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: June 25, 2005, 04:24:59 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

Thanks!

K

K...lots of pages huh?

Only about 100 or so.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.