April 19, 2024, 03:03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chief Justice Rehnquist to retire 6/27 (Unconfirmed)  (Read 13403 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« on: June 25, 2005, 01:34:29 PM »

Right under the surface of the MSM there are unconfirmed reports that Rehnquist' retirement will be announced Monday.

Looks like the Washington Post jumped the gun a bit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062301297.html
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »

"A headline and article summary that appeared to indicate that Supreme Court Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist had either retired or died was inadvertently published on washingtonpost.com and through a washingtonpost.com RSS feed on June 23. The headline and summary have been retracted and no longer appear on the site."

Probably the "news" according to the Whitehouse.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 02:39:29 PM »

Fox news is now reporting on the speculation.
Amy Dawn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 04:08:04 PM »

How can an old man about to kick the bucket be the supreme court justice??

I strongly believe that once you hit a certain age umm say around 65, you should automatically retire...

Do they conveniently forget that the more you get older the more apt you are to become senile???

I think they should do a psych test to see if he's still all there... Just like they should make old people retest for their drivers license...

It's not the fast driver's that kill it's the the slow ones... that can barely see over their steering wheel.

"Corrupt the young, Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial, Get their minds off their government. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 09:38:08 PM »

Quote from: "Amy Dawn"
How can an old man about to kick the bucket be the supreme court justice??

I strongly believe that once you hit a certain age umm say around 65, you should automatically retire...

Do they conveniently forget that the more you get older the more apt you are to become senile???

I think they should do a psych test to see if he's still all there... Just like they should make old people retest for their drivers license...

It's not the fast driver's that kill it's the the slow ones... that can barely see over their steering wheel.

It came from some appointment law we wrote. Smile You know we even have admendment 25 (I think) that allows us to remove the president under certain conditions but none I could find for the justices.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:39:53 AM »

New foxnews Article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160761,00.html
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 11:08:46 AM »

Well, there is a large group of people unhappy now that the 10 Commandments can't be postes in courthouses any longer. Wonder if Delay will call the majority "activists judges".
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.