February 18, 2019, 08:08:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #25 A Hot Sat. Night  (Read 198742 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 338


« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2005, 05:00:04 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "K in TX"
I've been wondering something ever since this whole case began...how exactly is "Oranjestead" pronounced?


This should be good Smile Who is going to sound it out phonetically in type?


orange-i-stad   (short i sound) my best guess...
Logged
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 05:00:15 PM »

Razzy - how do you explain the cases where we have false confessions?

Greta in fact mentioned those yesterday - and there's good info on them here:http://www.innocenceproject.org/causes/falseconfessions.php
Logged
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5214



« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2005, 05:00:18 PM »

Depending upon your favored accent:

Oranjestad. Pronunciation. aw-RUH-nyuh-STAHT

Oranjestad. Pronunciation. aw-RAH-nyuh-STAHT

Oranjestad. o-RAHN-yuh-stat

Oranjestad, [ôrän'justät"]
Logged

BRING NATALEE HOME
candygirl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 105


« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2005, 05:00:57 PM »

Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
The face of innocence....or is it?

1.  "We dropped her off at the Holiday Inn she was drunk and didnt want any help, then we saw 2 guards walk up to her and we drove away"

oops
2.  "We dropped Natalie off with Joran at the Mariott"  Did we say Holiday inn before? sorry we meant Mariott.

3. Deepak and Satish dropped me off at home and then were supposed to drop Natalee at the HI. (courtesy of aruba girl)

oops
4. Joran -  " I called Satish to pickme up at the Mariott at 3am"  
   Satish - Why are you lying joran?
   Joran - OK OK I called Deepak to come get me..did I say Satish?

5.  Joran was supposed to text message us when he wanted us to come pick him up..we never got the text message.

6. ok ok ok I was with her on the beach alone in the dark at 3 am but I didnt touch her.!!!

This is not what innocent people do when questioned regarding their whereabouts.


WELL SAID!!!   lmao   Razz
Logged

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 768


WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2005, 05:01:32 PM »

O rahnye stahdt
Logged

Reading, internet, genealogy.
pawleys island girl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 11


« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2005, 05:02:10 PM »

"K in TX" said: I've been wondering something ever since this whole case began...how exactly is "Oranjestead" pronounced?

RB Said: his should be good Smile Who is going to sound it out phonetically in type?[/quote]

I'll go first, being from the south...one question, is that 6 syllables or 7?
Logged
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 338


« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
3. Joran -  " I called Satish to pickme up at the Mariott at 3am"  
   Satish - Why are you lying joran?
   Joran - OK OK I called Deepak to come get me..did I say Satish?

Small correction, he first said Deepak came to pick him up, and it was Deepak who said "why are you lying" at which point Joran replied, "you're right, it was Satish" - as reported - we then know nothing about what Satish's reaction was.

It doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of highlighting the changing stories scenario - and I concur, innocent people do not make up several stories. If the first one was a lie, and the 2nd one wasn't and didn't change, then I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.


After 100 or so hours of interrogation I would have suspected more inconsitencies than that... Shocked
Logged
K in TX
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 88


« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2005, 05:02:42 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
O rahnye stahdt


AH, thank you!  In my Texas accent, I've been calling it Orange-e-stad!
Logged
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 696


« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2005, 05:02:43 PM »

And Bendex - it's all about drugs and sex because we don't want to believe that "good american girls" might actually go to the beach at night with a guy - she musta been drugged!

One of the things I really appreciated when I visited in the Netherlands with my teenage daughter was the much saner attitude on sexuallity and teens - as well as the much saner attitude on drinking. We spent time with colleagues of mine who had a son the same age as my daughter (16 at the time) and they were able to go out to a club, drink beers, dance, etc - but they could not get behind the wheel of a car!


I worked for a company in Barneveld, and travelled there many times. Your impression, coco, is totally on the money as far as I'm concerned, and I recall many of our "transplanted" Dutch co workers who lived here commented about the difference almost regularly in our office watercooler chats.
Logged
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 225



« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2005, 05:02:56 PM »

The face of innocence....or is it? - Fixed with the help of the board 6 lies of innocence.

1. "We dropped her off at the Holiday Inn she was drunk and didnt want any help, then we saw 2 guards walk up to her and we drove away"

oops
2. "We dropped Natalie off with Joran at the Mariott" Did we say Holiday inn before? sorry we meant Mariott.

3. Deepak and Satish dropped me off at home and then were supposed to drop Natalee at the HI. (courtesy of aruba girl)

oops
4. Joran - " I called Deepak to pickme up at the Mariott at 3am"
Deepak - Why are you lying joran?
Joran - OK OK I called Satish to come get me..did I say Deepak?

5. Joran was supposed to text message us when he wanted us to come pick him up..we never got the text message.

6. ok ok ok I was with her on the beach alone in the dark at 3 am but I didnt touch her.!!!

This is not what innocent people do when questioned regarding their whereabouts.
Logged
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 768


WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2005, 05:04:32 PM »

Mostly Americans / British pronounce righ, except they have a 'j' sound as in 'just', while it's pronounced as 'y' as in 'yet'
Logged

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2005, 05:05:55 PM »

Hmm Geralso on foxing saying that DEF Joran and daddy and Deepak will probably ALL remain behind bars.. and Satish and Croes will more then likely get out..  BUT then again.. WHO KNOWS unitl the freaking hearing....
Logged
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5214



« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:18 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Mostly Americans / British pronounce righ, except they have a 'j' sound as in 'just', while it's pronounced as 'y' as in 'yet'


I'd go with Arubagirl's pronunciation--seeing as how the pronunciations I posted are from dictionaries.  Dictionaries get you in the neighborhood, but the word of a local is rock solid.   Very Happy
Logged

BRING NATALEE HOME
bendex
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 262


« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:28 PM »

Okay great piece but how does it relate that they murdered druged and raped Natalee Holloway ? where is your proof man ,

Quote from: "candygirl"
Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
The face of innocence....or is it?

1.  "We dropped her off at the Holiday Inn she was drunk and didnt want any help, then we saw 2 guards walk up to her and we drove away"

oops
2.  "We dropped Natalie off with Joran at the Mariott"  Did we say Holiday inn before? sorry we meant Mariott.

3. Deepak and Satish dropped me off at home and then were supposed to drop Natalee at the HI. (courtesy of aruba girl)

oops
4. Joran -  " I called Satish to pickme up at the Mariott at 3am"  
   Satish - Why are you lying joran?
   Joran - OK OK I called Deepak to come get me..did I say Satish?

5.  Joran was supposed to text message us when he wanted us to come pick him up..we never got the text message.

6. ok ok ok I was with her on the beach alone in the dark at 3 am but I didnt touch her.!!!

This is not what innocent people do when questioned regarding their whereabouts.


WELL SAID!!!   lmao   Razz
Logged

Only the facts
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:33 PM »

nodding to RB - my colleagues in the Netherlands spoke at length about how bad they felt for some friends who had to move with their kids who were teens to the States for work - the schooling was no where near as good and the trouble was so much worse.

I was very glad for that experience during the rest of my dtr's teen years since it gave me a much better model of parenting, imho.
Logged
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 225



« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:36 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Razzy - how do you explain the cases where we have false confessions?

Greta in fact mentioned those yesterday - and there's good info on them here:http://www.innocenceproject.org/causes/falseconfessions.php


I think this should be reserved for information and comments regarding Natalie.   I havent looked at that link but I will.
Logged
klaasend
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 459



« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:42 PM »

Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
You forgot: Deepak and Satish dropped me off at home and then were supposed to drop Natalee at the HI.


OMG aruba girl you are right I totally forgot about that one.

I believe we are going to find that the original "confession to killing her" is true and Papa told Joran to retract his confession.  Then it was "something bad happened".  One lie after another tells me they are guilty.  The Kalpoes may not be guilty of anything other than backing the story concocted by Papa.

Natalee died or was killed while in the company of Joran.  Dad either helped with disposal of the body and/or alibi.  Body could have been hidden and disposed of between 6/1-6/9.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:52 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Mostly Americans / British pronounce righ, except they have a 'j' sound as in 'just', while it's pronounced as 'y' as in 'yet'

As in the Dutch Jan (pr. Yan). Being a French speaker, I was pronouncing it with a soft 'j' in my head. Thanks for phoneticising it for us Smile
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 338


« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2005, 05:07:40 PM »

Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
The face of innocence....or is it? - Fixed with the help of the board 6 lies of innocence.

1. "We dropped her off at the Holiday Inn she was drunk and didnt want any help, then we saw 2 guards walk up to her and we drove away"

oops
2. "We dropped Natalie off with Joran at the Mariott" Did we say Holiday inn before? sorry we meant Mariott.

3. Deepak and Satish dropped me off at home and then were supposed to drop Natalee at the HI. (courtesy of aruba girl)

oops
4. Joran - " I called Deepak to pickme up at the Mariott at 3am"
Deepak - Why are you lying joran?
Joran - OK OK I called Satish to come get me..did I say Deepak?

5. Joran was supposed to text message us when he wanted us to come pick him up..we never got the text message.

6. ok ok ok I was with her on the beach alone in the dark at 3 am but I didnt touch her.!!!

This is not what innocent people do when questioned regarding their whereabouts.


I'm sure if you beat him with a baseball bat you'll get even more versions than that! Laughing
Logged
Professor
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 362


« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2005, 05:07:43 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
And Bendex - it's all about drugs and sex because we don't want to believe that "good american girls" might actually go to the beach at night with a guy - she musta been drugged!

One of the things I really appreciated when I visited in the Netherlands with my teenage daughter was the much saner attitude on sexuallity and teens - as well as the much saner attitude on drinking. We spent time with colleagues of mine who had a son the same age as my daughter (16 at the time) and they were able to go out to a club, drink beers, dance, etc - but they could not get behind the wheel of a car!


I worked for a company in Barneveld, and travelled there many times. Your impression, coco, is totally on the money as far as I'm concerned, and I recall many of our "transplanted" Dutch co workers who lived here commented about the difference almost regularly in our office watercooler chats.


If everything was consentual, then why didn't Natalee just brush herself off afterward and walk back with Joran to the HI? I am assuming that he would have been gentleman enough to walk those 500 meters back to the hotel with her.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 1.655 seconds with 19 queries.