March 28, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #25 A Hot Sat. Night  (Read 231264 times)
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2005, 05:27:28 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Are you saying that they are using torture and beatings that has led them to change their stories?

The are using intense interrogation techniques

It is my impression that there is a strong preference among mainstream Americans for the term "intense interrogation."

This case has gone on for some time, and I think the US has a strong preference at this time to have the media frenzy, etc. conclude.

I have said before I think the Aruban authorities have bent over backwards to be sensitive to American culture, as well as the wishes of their large neighbor to the north, probably more than many Arubans might prefer.

100+ hours of interrogation? How many times do they keep asking the same questions? At some point it becomes more than interrogation, its psychological torture.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2005, 05:27:49 PM »

Thanks Scott, but my provdider doesn`t have fox or any other american channel. Only cnn intern.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "RB"
If everything was consentual, then why didn't Natalee just brush herself off afterward and walk back with Joran to the HI? I am assuming that he would have been gentleman enough to walk those 500 meters back to the hotel with her.

That's the 64K question, isn't it?

I do think that there's relevance in cultural difference simply because it can influence how we communicate/relate/act with each other. IMO for example,  this is true in a much more subtle form between Yankees and Southerners here in the States - take someone from PA and transplant them in Alabama or vice versa (and no, I'm not picking on either - I have family in both) and you should hear what's said. It's just different, that's all.

Is there ANY culture in which sex is that INSIGNIFICANT that you wouldn't walk a woman 500 meters back to her hotel? If there is, I don't want to live there.

How about all cultures.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:13 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Okay, it's hard to explain, but the ATM is in a little cabin, and there is a camera, but it focuses on the person using the ATM, I don't think that camera would capture anything that happen across the street.

Damn, it's really hard to expalin in words.

I can see what you mean.  It's like a small free standing building where the camera is focusing soley on the person/people using the ATM.  It would not capture anything at a distance.  Makes sense to me.  Very Happy
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

and yet again why do the parents of Natalee holloway believe in a kidnap scenario people who are close to the whole ordeal while we here on the blogs explore our deepest fantasies and the only thing we can come up with is sex , drugs and murder .

Only the facts
RazzyBerry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Are you saying that they are using torture and beatings that has led them to change their stories?

It is my impression that there is a strong preference among mainstream Americans for the term "intense interrogation."

This case has gone on for some time, and I think the US has a strong preference at this time to have the media frenzy, etc. conclude.

I have said before I think the Aruban authorities have bent over backwards to be sensitive to American culture, as well as the wishes of their large neighbor to the north, probably more than many Arubans might prefer.

100+ hours of interrogation? How many times do they keep asking the same questions? At some point it becomes more than interrogation, its psychological torture.

They called him a murderer and told him if they could touch him they would kill him and make it look like it was an accident.
Hat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2005, 05:29:21 PM »

Of course there was enough time to dispose of a body. Ask somebody on the island " If you had an hour or two and a vehicle how would you...."

ALSO: If Dad had no real involvement his arrest would suggest to JOran that LE did not have good evidence on him (Joran) as they arrest pater only to pressure a confession.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
I might be wrong, but I remember a quote from joran's mother on cnn yesterday where she said that while at the becah they walked for awhile, and then he left? Does anyone remember that?

That's what I heard, but I think she said that Natalee wanted to be alone on the beach?
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

How about all cultures.

Razzy, Professor isn't a woman so I'm not sure he has that insight Wink
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2005, 05:30:05 PM »

Coco, I'm guessing she would have heard "ARuba is safe, no worries". But nothing specifically about the beaches being safe or not.

Several of my guy friends speculate that perhaps Joran regarded her as a tease, wanting to make out but not to have sex, he got pissed and left her alone on the beach.

I'm NOT saying that I agree or that this happened. I'm just saying what local guys (ages 18-25) are saying.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2005, 05:31:13 PM »

I bet they aren't torturing PVDS.
mordred
Scared Monkey

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »

Quote from: "deb73"
If NH wanted to be "alone" while joran left her, how would he know "something bad happened"???  Just a thought  Smile

The "something bad happened" quote has been grossly misconstrued! The exact conversation acording to AP went something like this:

Suspect1:  We dropped her off at around 2am.
Police:        Well if that is true the cameras don’t lie, and she is nowhere to be found…how do you explain that.
Suspect1:   Well I guess something bad must have happened to her.
AP news:    Sir, did the suspect offer any explanation of Natalee’s where abouts?
Police:        No, he said he believed something bad must have happened.
News:        Teen confesses to police, saying something bad happened.

meaning, the suspect was merely speculating.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2005, 05:31:52 PM »

You know what I think..........The LE are reading sm also, if we talk about people here the next thing they do is arrest them Rolling Eyes

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:08 PM »

THE BIG WINNER IN THIS IS CASE IS FOXNEWS , THEY KEEP US PRISONERS OF THEIR NEWSREEHLS AND BLOGS, ONE RUMOUR FROM FOX AND WE CHAT HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. MEANWILE THEY WIN RATINGS .

Only the facts
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "DT"
I might be wrong, but I remember a quote from joran's mother on cnn yesterday where she said that while at the becah they walked for awhile, and then he left? Does anyone remember that?

That's what I heard, but I think she said that Natalee wanted to be alone on the beach?

Yeah I heard that part too.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »

I find it ironic we want them interrogated however to get the info, yet as a culture there is public outcry over GITMO.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:38 PM »

meaning, the suspect was merely speculating.

Mordred, that scenario is certainly plausible.  I hope we find out.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:58 PM »

Thanks ArubaGirl!
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2005, 05:33:04 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
THE BIG WINNER IN THIS IS CASE IS FOXNEWS , THEY KEEP US PRISONERS OF THEIR NEWSREEHLS AND BLOGS, ONE RUMOUR FROM FOX AND WE CHAT HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. MEANWILE THEY WIN RATINGS .

LOL - true!  We're totally Fox's b!tches.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2005, 05:33:30 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Okay, it's hard to explain, but the ATM is in a little cabin, and there is a camera, but it focuses on the person using the ATM, I don't think that camera would capture anything that happen across the street.

Damn, it's really hard to expalin in words.

would it have captured natalee trying to pump that machine that night for twenty minutes while some guy named lazlo waited behind her?  /1. (after she lost 300 some of her father's money and asked joran to win it back from her.) /2.

(In jest) Did lazlo strangle her then and there?  I hope the cops have that tape.  

1. natalee sighting posted here or imported from another site, never run down.  

2.  purported deepak email

Rolling Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.