April 27, 2024, 06:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 256424 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #800 on: June 26, 2005, 10:27:52 AM »

Quote from: "azvet"
I don't thinkthe lawyer get to attend, but not sure. I think each detainee gets interviewed by the judge for 2-3 hours, and each one is done separately.
Don't know why the change in judges, maybe an elevation to a higher level judge. Lets hope he's not as bad as Ito in the OJ event.

The lawyers are there and are allowed to attend. I'm not sure what the guidelines are for questioning. Maybe someone else does.
gagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #801 on: June 26, 2005, 10:28:41 AM »

According to CNN's website:
Police Commissioner Jan Van Der Straten on Friday refused to say if Paul Van Der Sloot was being cooperative. His wife, Anita, dropped some towels and other items off at the jail Saturday, but was not allowed to see her husband
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: June 26, 2005, 10:29:16 AM »

So, will we know anything if one is released or returned to jail before the others.....or do we have to wait until all five are processed to get any answers??
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #803 on: June 26, 2005, 10:30:42 AM »

I was just watching an attorney on MSNBC talking with a backdrop at Palm Beach, Aruba.  OMG it was BEAUTIFUL! the water looked marvelous.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #804 on: June 26, 2005, 10:31:29 AM »

Quote from: "Orangecrush"
Could someone enlighten me a the timelime between when the Kalpoe brothers drop NH and JVDS off and the time Joran text messaged his friend.  

Curious.  May not take a lot of time to murder someone, but to hatch a plan and dispose of a body would seem to me to take more than an hour.  Unless of course he was experienced at doing this and knew the drill.  

Thanks, orangecrush

Seems to me a judge may have heard of any number of ways to dispose of a body, from all the criminal cases they have presided over.
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #805 on: June 26, 2005, 10:32:02 AM »

Wasn't Anita gone to Holland for about a week?  I could be wrong about this.  If I knew that my son was the last person seen with a missing person, I would be on the phone to my spouse who was out of town to tell them all about it.  They would also have their tail back to town asap.  Wonder if PVDS contacted his wife about what was going on or if he sprung it on her when she got back from her trip.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #806 on: June 26, 2005, 10:33:02 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Do clocks in Aruba mean anything?

It is almost 9am, the hearing was supposed to start at 8:30.

hahaha ... Its 10.30 and still nothing. Obviously you may not be familair with this island term, "no problem".  Very Happy

A do  believe the term "deadline" is also not in the vocabulary.

No offense Aruba, maybe a good thing ... less ulcers.
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #807 on: June 26, 2005, 10:33:17 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Quote from: "mehill10"
i have beenhaving  hard time figureing out just what a defence lawyer does in Aruba

Amen.  Perhaps arubagirl could explain?

I agree.  However, I thought they are allowed to visit with their clients.  What concerns me is having a lawyer for a father leads me to believe Joran is going to keep his mouth shut, no matter what.  I'm sure Dad said "Don't talk, you don't have to"  

Original reports suggest Joran was shocked that he father was arrested.

Dont say a word, you dont have to.  Correct, all the while you are held before trial you are not required by law to say a word.    In court you ARE required to answer. I think I read that somewhere.
So, that means to me that , so far, they dont have that much on him/them.
They need a confession.
I cant believe how those young kids have held up this long. I would have said I was Jack the Ripper by now just to get them off my back.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #808 on: June 26, 2005, 10:36:49 AM »

I would have said I was Jack the Ripper by now just to get them off my back.
Laughing  Smile  Very Happy Laughing
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: June 26, 2005, 10:38:04 AM »

Quote from: "Louise"
While Anita cannot reveal what her son/husband said to her, she may have invaluable information such has:

Was laundary done and has son/husband ever done laundary. If they have never touched a washing machine and suddenly Joran washed his clothes he wore that night, would that be significant?

Were things missing from the house. For example did she have a ball of rope in her laundary room for the last 7 years and was it suddenly gone.

Was Joran in possession of an ATM card?

WAs her garden observed to be freshly dug, a new bed for instance that wasn't there before she left for Holland.

Was the car washed and squeaky clean? Did husband or son ever was the car.?

If my husband ever washes his car and gets it cleaned I will know he murdered someone.

What I am saying is that this woman is in a position to have noticed unusual things.

As to the criticism of Jar and his attitude, some her identify more wtih anyone else in the world than an angry white well to do man. And I say my attitude would be a damn sight worse.

Very good questions, Louise, and i agree with you....hell hath NO fury if this were my child!!

"God dont like ugly"
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #810 on: June 26, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »

Apparently their interogating techniques are not working.  A couple of minutes in a room with Jug might work.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #811 on: June 26, 2005, 10:39:18 AM »

What is it with Fox and the Monkey stories? Smile

I was waiting for the opportune moment to use this. Ever wonder why Greta claims to own the story ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160602,00.html

By Greta Van Susteren
Do we have a simian source on Aruba?

The Monkey is everywhere.  Very Happy

Forgive me but after last nights late night and a definite lack of coffee this AM, could not resist. A little levity has to break in every so often.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #812 on: June 26, 2005, 10:41:23 AM »

Did anyone see the reporter on FOX earlier saying that there is no evidence of foul play, and that Natalee probably drowned?  

I thought early on it was determined that the tide will bring a drowning victim back towards the shore, and that the tides in Aruba are very stable.  

How do we really know she was left alone at the beach?  Because Joran said so?  I really have trouble believing anything he says that can't be corroborated by another means.  

No indication of foul play?  Then what is everyone lying and changing stories for?

I found the reporting irresponsible.
Orangecrush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #813 on: June 26, 2005, 10:43:03 AM »

Thanks for heads up on the timeline post.  Very good.

Not trying to get everyone off your morning topic, but this timeline is very interesting:

1:30 am Natalee & Joran leave Carlos n Charlies in Deepak Kalpoe’s car with his brother Satish
2:00 am Deepak & Satish return home??/Deepak off work all day??
**[Jordan murdersNH or NH dies of overdose]**
2:30 am Joran calls Deepak for a ride
**[this doesn't make sense unless he killed her after he called depak]**
3:00 am Joran calls someone? Father?
**[Joran can't figure out what to do with the body calls home and father tells him to call off Depak ( a witness).  Joran upset so he txt messages him so not to hear his panic]**
3:15 am Deepak allegedly gets text message from Joran saying he’d found another ride
**[Okay now between 3:15 and 6:30, he has time to plan where to dispose the body....3 hours and 15 minutes....guess this could be enough time, but he had to have help. Dad and Steve???]**
6:30 am Call to or from Joran’s cellphone in area of Santa Lucia
**[if the call if from joran, much more significant.  Could be anyone calling TO him before school ]**.
7:30 am Joran in school bragging about sex with Natalee -- also saying she drowned??  
**[Never heard this, this is wild!!!]**
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #814 on: June 26, 2005, 10:43:08 AM »

Reading Anna's post about the use of the date-rape drug and the process of "carving out" a victim -- surrounded by men in a crowd, separated from her group, and herded to an awaiting car -- was chilling and disturbing. It certainly shows how someone like Natalee could be in such a dream state that she actually believed the car to be a taxi, and it explains how she might appear to be merely "tipsy" to her peers.

As I stated earlier, it doesn't matter what Natalee was drinking that night. By all reports, she was drinking responsibly. But in those LAST FEW MOMENTS before closing time, it seems highly likely that something might have been added to her drink.

This is the only explanation that seems consistent with all contemporaneous accounts.

And it is chilling. (Listen up, ladies. This is happening, today. They even have a name for it. Carving out.)

Add to that that Natalee's group was schedule to leave the island of Aruba the following day and you have the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY for a sociopath to take advantage of her and never face prosecution. That, and the fact that his father was a judge in training.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2005, 10:43:46 AM »

Quote from: "arrabba"
Did anyone see the reporter on FOX earlier saying that there is no evidence of foul play, and that Natalee probably drowned?  

I thought early on it was determined that the tide will bring a drowning victim back towards the shore, and that the tides in Aruba are very stable.  

How do we really know she was left alone at the beach?  Because Joran said so?  I really have trouble believing anything he says that can't be corroborated by another means.  

No indication of foul play?  Then what is everyone lying and changing stories for?

I found the reporting irresponsible.

I claim no expertice on tides anywhere, particularly Aruba.  I have spent considerable time in the water off of the Palm Beach area and have marveled at the fact that is seems rather easy to drift all the way to Venezuala.  Perhaps there are other currents futher out that would push me back into Aruba. But..
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: June 26, 2005, 10:44:41 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Do clocks in Aruba mean anything?

It is almost 9am, the hearing was supposed to start at 8:30.

hahaha ... Its 10.30 and still nothing. Obviously you may not be familair with this island term, "no problem".  Very Happy

A do  believe the term "deadline" is also not in the vocabulary.

No offense Aruba, maybe a good thing ... less ulcers.

Um ulcers how did you do that? Its like you can see the future on FOX. Smile
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #817 on: June 26, 2005, 10:46:24 AM »

Professor --can you point me to this post?
AZsunny
Scared Monkey

« Reply #818 on: June 26, 2005, 10:50:55 AM »

From Fox this morning, discussing Crowes comments:

"Any moment, we can have the solution," Croes said. "I don't think [Joran], if he really participated in the disappearance of this lady, I don't think he can hold out for so long knowing his father is detained." Arrow

My question is if he thought his father was involved, would that not make him clam up more, so as not to implacate his father??   Question
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: June 26, 2005, 10:51:05 AM »

Editoral announcement.

When/if this case is over look for the Rumor/Breaking news thread in the News Issues area. General discussions will be going on there at all times when there is not a specific story grabbing our attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.