March 28, 2024, 02:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255204 times)
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: June 25, 2005, 10:43:05 PM »

While we're a reasonable bunch, we do have some expectations for the etiquette of our posters and want you to know what will keep you in the Monkey cage, or excommunicate you to the wild jungles of the Internet to swing on a few vines to relax yourself. Needless to say, we'd like to cage you here rather than set you "free." Follow the guidelines below (there's only 3 - humor us) and you'll spend many a happy day picking flies off each other, chattering, and bouncing off the walls.

Monkeys will avoid feeding the trolls. True trolls are a rare breed; and the owners, admins and moderators know what and who they are and we have super-dooper bug spray to get rid of them. 'Nuff said.

Monkeys will use proper social etiquette in expressing their opinions. There are always more than 1 side and opinion to every story; some posts you will like and agree with, and others you won't. While lively debate is appreciated, moderators and forum admins reserve the right to admonish and/or eject, without notice, those parties who debate using insults, engage in name-calling, or otherwise imflammatory posts. Act like you're at a public place using the manners your mother taught you and you'll be just fine. If you don't have manners, don't bother posting as it just wastes our time mashing the "banned" button. We've got other things to do.

Monkeys recognize that the forum threads and some functionality may be temporarily unavailable at times. During high peak periods, forum operators may disable some features such as avatars, sig lines and the like. We'll restore it when the hooplah dies down. Likewise, we reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts or threads in any manner that we choose. Hey, when it's your house, you can move the furniture.....
Gitarzan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 10:50:39 PM »

Post has been moved - you can view it here:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=356
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 10:53:23 PM »

I'm sure this will be censored too.

It's sad this has happened. Razzy is a good addition to the forum.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 11:03:04 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
These people are trying to use the media to direct the investigation  They better be careful.

Yes, I totally agree.  Heard tonight from Mr. Croes (the official) that there may well be a change of venue for this case, which could mean that it will definitely be scrutinized for the slightest infringement of their laws.

And if something is leaked, and discussed, it will be thrown out.  Our media is doing a great job, but we're beginning to hear what many consider "inside information."  They need to back off.  just my NSHO.
lilizzyboo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 11:04:57 PM »

ok, so i saw the theory about the phone calls placed to the brothers about a ride home and then cancellation of this...if this is true, then who picked him up? and how "premeditated" could this all be?

k
heartache
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 11:04:58 PM »

nikki... it was a question. And one I think I can answer. No, the damn beach has not been dug up and if there were cadaver dogs in Aruba then the Texans would not be bringing them.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 11:05:17 PM »

Geraldo: What question have I not ask that you might want to see or happen?
Jug Twitty: I like to see Mrs Anita van der sloot questioned as well eventho she was not in Aruba..

Hmm..Id summon the dog as well.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 11:05:56 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "iquitos"
These people are trying to use the media to direct the investigation  They better be careful.

Yes, I totally agree.  Heard tonight from Mr. Croes (the official) that there may well be a change of venue for this case, which could mean that it will definitely be scrutinized for the slightest infringement of their laws.

And if something is leaked, and discussed, it will be thrown out.  Our media is doing a great job, but we're beginning to hear what many consider "inside information."  They need to back off.  just my NSHO.

oh please...the truth is the truth...
maybe this forum is just a faster medium.
IMHFO
 Question

peace to all
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 11:06:50 PM »

I think Jug just looks awful when he asks that Anita be brought in  - he looks cruel and that does not help keep support amongst Arubans or Dutch for the prosecution. It looks like he is pushing the investigation and that's already a fear so he would be very smart to stop those kinds of statements.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 11:06:56 PM »

(writenow) Very Concise and detailed Timeline can be found here. Great Job on it by the way. It is sticky'd and can be posted to as well.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?p=35052#35052
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 11:07:39 PM »

Nancy Drew
Yes, he is protected from revealing info his son has told him
HOWEVER, He is not protected from things he saw with his own eyes. It's a narrow law.

Really? I could have sworn I heard on Fox today an Int'l atty say there was no protection of parent-child relationship info.

Do you know this as absolute fact?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 11:08:11 PM »

kshe78 wrote:
From Jossy Mansur:

Apparently Joran is not cooperating very well with the investigation.

GR: In what way is he not cooperating? Is he being arrogant, claiming ignorance, defiant, etc.?

JM: No, he's not defiant or ignorant or anything. He's just sticking to the rules of the investigation. If this is the hour when you have to stop the interrogation, stop. I'm not answering anything.

Is she saying he's refusing to answer anything? Or he watches the clock and stops talking when he knows the hours are up? I'm confused.

Writenow
First - I made a mistake - they were speaking of Paulus VDS, not Joran, sorry!

All that was said is what I posted above.  He did say at first, "we don't know much about what he's saying b/c they are not releasing anything.  Apparently, he's not cooperating very well with the interrogation."  

It should be noted that he's the editor of a paper, and is apparently geeting his info. from somewhere, but we cannot verify it.
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 11:08:31 PM »

>>Geraldo: What question have I not ask that you might want to see or happen?
Jug Twitty: I like to see Mrs Anita van der sloot questioned as well eventho she was not in Aruba..

Good one, he pegged 'slimeball', she's next..."Kleenex Ma'am?".

pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 11:08:40 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

oh please...the truth is the truth...
maybe this forum is just a faster medium.
IMHFO
 Question

This has nothing to do with truth, but their laws.

In the US, you can discuss a case with new facts revealed every single day.  Not so over there.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 11:09:16 PM »

I think the protection of parent child conversations was confirmed last night by several aruban lawyers on Greta.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 11:09:33 PM »

Quote from: "heartache"
nikki... it was a question. And one I think I can answer. No, the damn beach has not been dug up and if there were cadaver dogs in Aruba then the Texans would not be bringing them.

Oh, i thought that was what you were saying..sorry..

"God dont like ugly"
OldFart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 11:10:48 PM »

Quote from: "lilizzyboo"
ok, so i saw the theory about the phone calls placed to the brothers about a ride home and then cancellation of this...if this is true, then who picked him up? and how "premeditated" could this all be?

k

lizzboo I missed most of the interview. but I thought that geraldo was talking to an official.

Was the offical stating "evidance type facts" or what the Kids have said ?

If fact could it be a "disclosure" that would invalidate the case?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 11:12:05 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
I think Jug just looks awful when he asks that Anita be brought in  - he looks cruel and that does not help keep support amongst Arubans or Dutch for the prosecution. It looks like he is pushing the investigation and that's already a fear so he would be very smart to stop those kinds of statements.

While I understand (and partly agree with) your point of view, I can see his point as well.  While she wasn't home when whatever happened, happened, she has been at home with her husband and son since.  I wouldn't have a problem with them questioning her, and, quite honestly, she would probably be the easiest to break and/or get her husband or son to break.  I'm not talking about taking her into custody, but just questioning her separately.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 11:12:17 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Nancy Drew
Yes, he is protected from revealing info his son has told him
HOWEVER, He is not protected from things he saw with his own eyes. It's a narrow law.

Really? I could have sworn I heard on Fox today an Int'l atty say there was no protection of parent-child relationship info.

That's my understanding too, Nancy.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »

Quote from: "Red"

It was covered several times this evening...he will not be required to testify against Joran.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.