March 28, 2024, 01:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255201 times)
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #660 on: June 26, 2005, 07:00:19 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"
They might have gotten more info if in fact he is involved by continuing to tail him and bug his house. You cant tell me they didnt know he would stop talking once arrested? Atleast he was talking on camera before. Again JMO

They must have learned something, as I heard (in this very forum, and we all know there's nothing but TRUTH here!) that he has been under surveillance.  I don't know why at this point they decided to move and arrest him....they must have something pretty convincing of his involvement.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #661 on: June 26, 2005, 07:00:21 AM »

Thanks pinemeadows

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #662 on: June 26, 2005, 07:01:41 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"
So they arested Papa just to put pressure on Joran sounds a little unethical.
So they have no suspicion that papa may be involved, it almost sounds like if they do find out the truth all those involved will walk because the lawyers will throw everything out.
I now the laws are different there but...

yep, still as much in the dark as ever, but if their method gets to the bottom of things - then i'm all for it. everyone who was lambasting officials didn't take into account the draconian methods which can be used apparently.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #663 on: June 26, 2005, 07:04:38 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
They might have gotten more info if in fact he is involved by continuing to tail him and bug his house. You cant tell me they didnt know he would stop talking once arrested? Atleast he was talking on camera before. Again JMO

They must have learned something, as I heard (in this very forum, and we all know there's nothing but TRUTH here!) that he has been under surveillance.  I don't know why at this point they decided to move and arrest him....they must have something pretty convincing of his involvement.

Well I certainly hope they do. I have family that works for law enforcement here in the states (Chief of police, probation, clerks, paralegals etc) and they all made the statement about his arrest is why I brought it up. My aunt for instance was once involved with a case where a sheriff killed his wife and hid her body. They waited until they had clear and convincing evidence to bring him in. She stated later they told her they waited because they knew he knew the laws, and would be hard to "crack" w/out convincing evidence to show him. Everyone knew he was guilty as sin (his gun was missing, he was last seen with her, odd behavior etc but all circumstantial really). So I really hope maybe it was something along the same lines leading to PVDS arrest.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #664 on: June 26, 2005, 07:08:56 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308419/

• June 24, 2005 | 6:25 p.m. ET

Aruba's justice system (Brian Cohen, Abrams Report Producer)

I've been on the hot and sunny island of Aruba now for 5 days and I must admit what I've seen happen in the last day or so is amazing.  The culture and the justice system down here is very different from ours.  Yesterday’s developments opened my eyes to how things are done down here… very quickly and with no information as to why something is happening.

I spoke with Anita van der Sloot an hour before her husband Paul was arrested.  She was distraught because she had been waiting for two hours just to see her son, but confirmed to me that she would in fact be a guest on "The Abrams Report."  When news came that her husband had been arrested I called her.  Not only did Anita van der Sloot answer, but she said she was so upset that she needed to come on the show to tell people what happened.  The problem in Aruba  is that we don’t know what happened, and we can’t get answers to our questions.  Not even Anita van der Sloot knows why her husband was arrested.

I, along with other NBC folks, was the only media allowed to stay at her home and I must admit I feel bad for Anita van der Sloot.  I don't know why her husband was arrested, but to have your son and your husband arrested and get no answers must be hard.  At the last minute Anita van der Sloot came up to me crying and said she just could not make the interview, and that she was truly sorry for putting me in this situation.  Maybe her son knows more and maybe her husband knows something, but I must say I was impressed with this woman's attitude.  Now once again all we can do it wait to see what will happen

The state of the condition insults my intuition
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #665 on: June 26, 2005, 07:11:48 AM »

Maybe someone who knows the justice system there can explain is it possible that the lawyers can throw out all confessions because of their treatment and as the boys lawyers said it is unusual that they are not getting the information or to be allowed access to their clients during interrogations.
As a courttv junkie and being in a jury before this whole case would be thrown out

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #666 on: June 26, 2005, 07:20:59 AM »

Here's some info on PVDS - was on Riehl World...

"Some biographical information about PVDS from a Dutch newspaper internetsite (www.ad.nl, "Van magistraat tot verdachte van moord"):
- he was born in The Netherlands, lived there from his birth in 1952 to 1993;
- he became a lawyer; he was known as a hardliner, a person also that never gives up;
- in 1993 he went with his family (wife and two sons Joran and Valentijn) to Aruba and worked there as a juridical employee for the State; on Aruba a third son is born: Sebastiaan;
- later he became assistent of the General Prosecutioner on Aruba;
- in 2003 (or 2002?) he started a training for judge, still on Aruba; from March 2004 to March 2005 he followed the judgetraining in The Netherlands; but he apparently failed; back on Aruba in March 2005 he doesn't continue his training."

The "apparently failed" statement has been confirmed by the Justice Minister.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #667 on: June 26, 2005, 07:22:39 AM »

Last night on the news they had said they were missing 3 things, and once they had them they would know more or something to that effect. I saw it posted here and some questions over what those 3 things might be. I actually thought about it awhile last night and my husband and I discussed it. I believe 2 of the things "missing" are obvious, 1. a body and 2 a crime scene. I cant imagine the 3rd, maybe a motive?
Any ideas?

pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2005, 07:24:04 AM »

I believe 2 of the things "missing" are obvious, 1. a body and 2 a crime scene. I cant imagine the 3rd, maybe a motive?
Any ideas?

I suppose either a weapon or the manner in which the victim was murdered.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #669 on: June 26, 2005, 07:31:10 AM »

I believe 2 of the things "missing" are obvious, 1. a body and 2 a crime scene. I cant imagine the 3rd, maybe a motive?
Any ideas?

I suppose either a weapon or the manner in which the victim was murdered.

we know  When..So it's
WHO.. What and Where..!!!
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #670 on: June 26, 2005, 07:33:05 AM »

Isn't the court hearing set for just an hour from now?

I haven't turned on tv yet today, but I suppose the MSM is camped in front of the courthouse.

Since we're a small group this a.m., any thoughts on who, if any, will be released?
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: June 26, 2005, 07:33:38 AM »

I had said earlier that I hoped that both Mrs VDS and Mrs Kalpoe had arranged to have their other children, as well as any elders, dispatched to an undisclosed location away from Aruba, the Netherlands, or the United States.

I am sorry to say that while I know it would be devastating for the mothers themselves to leave their loved ones currently held in jail, for the sake of their younger children, and in the case of Mrs. Kalpoe, also the elderly grandmother, that they accompany their remaining family members.

They can be no help to the imprisoned ones if they themselves are seized.
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #672 on: June 26, 2005, 07:34:37 AM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"

Well let's recount the "evidence" against the 2 security guards.

1. Natalee is missing - therefore you are accused of kidnapping and murder

2. The party boys said she was approached by a black security guard - you guys are black security guards - you're under arrest.

I'm sorry, but this in no hard evidence.
The fact is that NH is missing. BUT that does not mean she is murdered. As long as her body is still not found, we can only guess what might happened. Until now none of the suspects admitted they actually murdered NH.

Quote from: "inspector_detector"

All I can say is that I'm thankfull I don't live in Aruba, or the Netherlands...

Guantanamo Bay: hundreds of suspects, no visits, no attorneys, humiliation, torture and abuse. Thank you.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #673 on: June 26, 2005, 07:36:42 AM »

Quote from: "Ting"
I had said earlier that I hoped that both Mrs VDS and Mrs Kalpoe had arranged to have their other children, as well as any elders, dispatched to an undisclosed location away from Aruba, the Netherlands, or the United States.

I am sorry to say that while I know it would be devastating for the mothers themselves to leave their loved ones currently held in jail, for the sake of their younger children, and in the case of Mrs. Kalpoe, also the elderly grandmother, that they accompany their remaining family members.

They can be no help to the imprisoned ones if they themselves are seized.

I completely agree. There are other children involved at this point, and the members behind bars do have lawyers. It is hard to leave your children behind I know this first hand, but sometimes needed to protect your other kids.

pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #674 on: June 26, 2005, 07:37:53 AM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Guantanamo Bay[/url]: hundreds of suspects, no visits, no attorneys, humiliation, torture and abuse. Thank you.[/u][/size]

Give it a rest re: the Guantanomo Bay issue/non-issue...this isn't the place.

Thank you.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2005, 07:38:13 AM »

I haven't turned on tv yet today, but I suppose the MSM is camped in front of the courthouse.

Since we're a small group this a.m., any thoughts on who, if any, will be released?

IMHO..they will let my Pal Steve OUT .
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2005, 07:38:33 AM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Guantanamo Bay[/url]: hundreds of suspects, no visits, no attorneys, humiliation, torture and abuse. Thank you.[/u][/size]

Give it a rest re: the Guantanomo Bay issue/non-issue...this isn't the place.

Thank you.

Nicely said. Totally different issue...

momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2005, 07:39:47 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"

They said rumor has it Steve and Satish might be let out, or asked to be released. However who knows. Seems they can keep you as a material witness also in aruba if they want to. Which means they might not be released at all.

pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2005, 07:39:50 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"

Could be...but if that's the case, there go all the theories revolving around a boat.
Herkimer
Scared Monkey

« Reply #679 on: June 26, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »

Guantanamo Bay[/url]: hundreds of suspects, no visits, no attorneys, humiliation, torture and abuse. Thank you.[/u][/size][/quote]

Perhaps they can all come and live with you, Mr. Terrorist Lover
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.