March 29, 2024, 03:12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255248 times)
LouLou
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: June 26, 2005, 07:46:53 AM »

Your review is very well thought out though there are some details that need polishing.

Posted so early in the morning, it is likely not to recieve the attention that it deserves.  

You might think about putting it in a separate thread so it won't get buried.

A couple of points of fact (?) I would point out.  
1. Depeck car was towed early on.  At the time many folks were assuming it was Joran's.  It was a late model honda civic with some custome tailights.

2. I still favor the story line that the bros. dropped Natalee off at his house.  Why would he wallow in the sand and bugs with a girl when he had a separate appartment to go to?  Later he called Depek to come get her and haul her home....this would mesh with the partial truth that they dropped her off.

3. Alternatively.... I've seen another interview where none of her roommates actually spent the night in that room, so nobody really knows if she got back or not. Yet if she was going to sneak in, couldn't she do it via that patio door? Sounds like it. And if she wanted to be dropped off somewhere that no one from the Alabama party at the hotel would see who was dropping her off, the next door Marriott certainly sounds like a good place to be dropped off at.

4.  Also Earlier articles, however, state that Joran was talking to her at C'nCs the 2nd night the group was there, and that's what caused the "scuffle".  Seeing that her classmates did not approve of her new love interest, the romance might have been on the down low from that point...with people who observed her on the last night only presuming that she was meeting him for the first time.
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #681 on: June 26, 2005, 07:48:20 AM »

Quote from: "mojo"
thanks for your answer, Edwin - know holland well and have been going there regularly for nearly 30 years.   even the fortuyn, van gogh and fireworks explosions didn't get this much attention.

I was in San Francisco when the fireworks explosion occurred. It was a rainy saturday morning when I went back to my hotel room, turned on the television and five minutes later I saw a short item on that on CNN. But that was the only item I saw. I had to see the rest at home.

The thing that supprises us here the most, is the fact that there is much media attention and the reactions on television and a forum like this.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #682 on: June 26, 2005, 07:51:13 AM »

Honda accourd..With "Body Kit"...very Low clearance.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #683 on: June 26, 2005, 07:53:36 AM »

Edwin at this point, it kind of surprises me too. My own interest was piqued by the level of US government involvement in the case, which is very unusual, as thousands of US nationals go missing abroad every year. I read somewhere around ten thousand a month.

I would have thought that all the factors that contributed to media attention initially would have died down by now.
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #684 on: June 26, 2005, 08:02:47 AM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Edwin at this point, it kind of surprises me too. My own interest was piqued by the level of US government involvement in the case, which is very unusual, as thousands of US nationals go missing abroad every year. I read somewhere around ten thousand a month.

I would have thought that all the factors that contributed to media attention initially would have died down by now.

american news always tends to be a bit insular. if it didn't happen in america or to an american it's a footnote.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #685 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »

@Ting:
If you could read Dutch (I do not blame you for that Smile ), you could have read how stunned we are. As you said, it all a big suprise. I sincerely hope that NH will step into her hotel this day ...

One other thing (and that's why I wrote something about Guantanamo Bay earlier), we see many post, articles, news items about the Dutch system. We have a different system as in the US (not better or worse than many other system, but different). Many US citizens are now confronted by a system other than the one they already know and do not realize (or not enough) the differences between these systems.
Did you know that we will (almost) never expose the last name of a suspect and do not publish a clear picture of them ?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: June 26, 2005, 08:09:25 AM »

Wow.. on FOx they said at the benefit yesterday in MB Alabama...they raised $25,000 in just 3 hours.. that is awesome!!!!!
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #687 on: June 26, 2005, 08:12:19 AM »

the trial by media business in the US has gotten way out of hand. neither the victim or alleged perpetrator is protected no matter what age they are.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #688 on: June 26, 2005, 08:20:26 AM »

Quote from: "LouLou"
...4.  Also Earlier articles, however, state that Joran was talking to her at C'nCs the 2nd night the group was there, and that's what caused the "scuffle".  Seeing that her classmates did not approve of her new love interest, the romance might have been on the down low from that point...with people who observed her on the last night only presuming that she was meeting him for the first time.

The "scuffle" was a shouting match between Joran and Thomas Twitty.  Yes, Twitty.  Thomas Twitty is Natalee's step-cousin!!!

So actually, she had family that didn't approve of him right off the bat.  The shouting match happened on 6-29-05, which is the same day she went to C'nCs and then went missing.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #689 on: June 26, 2005, 08:23:19 AM »

I admit the cultural values are interesting, and in less deadly context, would be both funny and quaint.

mojo, I posted last night that I sometimes perceive a frustration on the part of some Americans with their justice system.

While the laws are very focused on a specific incident, did X do Y to Z on XX day, I wonder if the American mainstream would not be happier with a more comprehensive matrix, something like, has this person ever done something you think is bad?, does this person share your values?

Especially in some celebrity cases, I have seen a lot of acknowledgement that no, the state did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed a specific crime in a specific instance, but very strong displeasure that he was not convicted anyway, just on general principle!

One of the things I like about the Dutch system, at least from what has been reported recently, is that after a certain amount of time suspects must be either formally charged or released.

on edit: fix typo
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #690 on: June 26, 2005, 08:29:52 AM »

Quote from: "Dallas Also"
Quote from: "LouLou"
...4.  Also Earlier articles, however, state that Joran was talking to her at C'nCs the 2nd night the group was there, and that's what caused the "scuffle".  Seeing that her classmates did not approve of her new love interest, the romance might have been on the down low from that point...with people who observed her on the last night only presuming that she was meeting him for the first time.

The "scuffle" was a shouting match between Joran and Thomas Twitty.  Yes, Twitty.  Thomas Twitty is Natalee's step-cousin!!!

So actually, she had family that didn't approve of him right off the bat.  The shouting match happened on 6-29-05, which is the same day she went to C'nCs and then went missing.

Dallas how did you find out it was one of her cousins? I appreciate you posting the info bc I had wondered who the scuffle was between. Its very interesting that it was a family member. That being said, I wonder what they didnt like about Joran? I also wonder what they told her mother about him. Very interesting.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: June 26, 2005, 08:31:08 AM »

Morning all,

I feel like some of you this morning. 18 pages behind and not a clue in the world of whether I need to read them.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #692 on: June 26, 2005, 08:31:43 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Morning all,

I feel like some of you this morning. 18 pages behind and not a clue in the world of whether I need to read them.

Morning!
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: June 26, 2005, 08:33:08 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Morning all,

Good morning.
I only read 2 pages back lol.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #694 on: June 26, 2005, 08:33:30 AM »

Quote from: "Shell"
I forgot the nic... Confused  but i thought it was dash, saying she wanted to clarify it that she was not a close friend. Gawd i read so much today...i could be wrong..but someone said it..sheesh...and my brain thought it was dash... Embarassed

Shell, it wasn't Dash, it was mbhs05.

mbhs05 was the first kid from MB to post here.  She did graduate with Natalee but she did not go on the Aruba trip (it was an expensive trip, $1450, and her family determined that they should spend the money elsewhere).

But mbhs05 lives down the block from Dash and that is how Dash learned about this chatboard and first posted here.  

Both these kids are upset and we post very carefully where they are concerned.  The Blame Game would get us nowhere, and the ones we post against are the ones that got Natalee.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #695 on: June 26, 2005, 08:35:11 AM »

My first guess would be that maybe Joran said something to her that the cousin felt was inappropriate, but if that were the case, it isn't likely that Natalee would have been seen dancing with Joran subsequent to that.

So what upset the cousin?

Another unanswered question to stuff in the box with all the others, if there's room.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #696 on: June 26, 2005, 08:35:44 AM »

Off to watch FOX.. talk to yah guys/gals later!
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #697 on: June 26, 2005, 08:37:13 AM »

on FOX in side of Jail. No bed. Just a potty and the  cement floor.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #698 on: June 26, 2005, 08:38:17 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"

did you see that shower?  eweeeee... Looked like a trickle of water.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #699 on: June 26, 2005, 08:38:53 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"

Are you serious?
Mind you if that was my daughter I would say yeah but on the other hand if it was son I would be pissed because how can someone get an honest confession with torture.

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.