March 28, 2024, 07:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255220 times)
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: June 26, 2005, 09:04:37 AM »

absolut, check your PMs.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #721 on: June 26, 2005, 09:12:21 AM »

Quote from: "gagirl"
Does anyone else think it strange that they are saying that PVDS was basically unemployed? Was this one reason his business computer was confiscated? Sorry... waking up and having my coffee.

This was taken from a post on Dan's site:  

"Some biographical information about PVDS from a Dutch newspaper internetsite (www.ad.nl, "Van magistraat tot verdachte van moord"):
- he was born in The Netherlands, lived there from his birth in 1952 to 1993;
- he became a lawyer; he was known as a hardliner, a person also that never gives up;
- in 1993 he went with his family (wife and two sons Joran and Valentijn) to Aruba and worked there as a juridical employee for the State; on Aruba a third son is born: Sebastiaan;
- later (when?) he became assistent of the General Prosecutioner on Aruba;
- in 2003 (or 2002?) he started a training for judge, still on Aruba; from March 2004 to March 2005 he followed the judgetraining in The Netherlands; but he failed; back on Aruba in March 2005 he doesn't continue his training."

The fact that he failed was confirmed recently with someone from their Justice Department.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: June 26, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
If anyone thinks Jug is outta line, FERGITTABOUTIT!

LMAO! Gotta love Mike  Laughing

Totally agree with you. Although Natalee may not be his own flesh and blood daughter, Jug sees the pain and torture his wife is going through and is acting as her protector.

And, for everyone who says that boy ain't camera ready, or who opine that he ain't all that likeable, just kidnap my daugher and see how much you like ME.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: June 26, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »

Paul is a Lawyer and a Law Prof.@ The School.
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #724 on: June 26, 2005, 09:16:18 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Does anyone else think it strange that they are saying that PVDS was basically unemployed? Was this one reason his business computer was confiscated? Sorry... waking up and having my coffee.

"Some biographical information about PVDS from a Dutch newspaper internetsite (www.ad.nl, "Van magistraat tot verdachte van moord"):
- he became a lawyer; he was known as a hardliner, a person also that never gives up;
- in 1993 he went with his family (wife and two sons Joran and Valentijn) to Aruba and worked there as a juridical employee for the State; on Aruba a third son is born: Sebastiaan;
- in 2003 (or 2002?) he started a training for judge, still on Aruba; from March 2004 to March 2005 he followed the judgetraining in The Netherlands; but he failed; back on Aruba in March 2005 he doesn't continue his training."

The fact that he failed was confirmed recently with someone from their Justice Department.

Did this information come from the Riehl World weblog, or his comments. There is a big difference in terms of quality and accuracy.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: June 26, 2005, 09:17:33 AM »

I just don't get this...I can see why Joran isn't talking...out of fear, perhaps, or a loyalty to his dad (who told him not to talk).  

But what I don't get is why none of the others are talking!!!  I would think they'd be more afraid of LE than PVDS....or is there something more sinister that they're afraid of??
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: June 26, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
If anyone thinks Jug is outta line, FERGITTABOUTIT!

LMAO! Gotta love Mike  Laughing

Totally agree with you. Although Natalee may not be his own flesh and blood daughter, Jug sees the pain and torture his wife is going through and is acting as her protector.

And, for everyone who says that boy ain't camera ready, or who opine that he ain't all that likeable, just kidnap my daugher and see how much you like ME.

When your child is missing you dont care who likes you. Its all about getting your child back. I seriously dont know what people expect from thw Twittys. Do they expect them to hand the VDSs a bucket of roses? Their daughter is missing, their goal is getting her back, not about making friends.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:07 AM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"

Did this information come from the Riehl World weblog, or his comments. There is a big difference in terms of quality and accuracy.

It is from a post, but some of our members have the same info from other sources that they put up yesterday. I think Croes (justice minister) even had VDS in for like an interview. Not sure if that part is confirmed.
Herkimer
Scared Monkey

« Reply #728 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:15 AM »

I just don't get this...I can see why Joran isn't talking...out of fear, perhaps, or a loyalty to his dad (who told him not to talk).  

But what I don't get is why none of the others are talking!!!  I would think they'd be more afraid of LE than PVDS....or is there something more sinister that they're afraid of??

Lorenzo: Don' look at me when you say dat!
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:57 AM »

There would be one of two reasons they arent talking IMO.
1. They dont know anymore then they are telling
2. They were directly involved in what happened.
again JMO

Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: June 26, 2005, 09:20:13 AM »

Could be the brothers are telling the truth about dropping Joran off and being out of the situation thereafter. It will be interesting to see if either of the brothers get out of jail today. That will tell us a bit more about how much evidence they have on the brothers.....stay in jail and I will take it that they have evidence of some sort.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: June 26, 2005, 09:22:09 AM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"

Tom, I stated it was from a post on his site.  Guess I should have said a poster, not a post!  Sorry.

As far as accuracy, I don't know Dutch, but one could go to the website that the poster referenced.

"Some biographical information about PVDS from a Dutch newspaper internetsite [b](www.ad.nl, "Van magistraat tot verdachte van moord"):[/b]
- he was born in The Netherlands,.....etc etc etc
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #732 on: June 26, 2005, 09:23:17 AM »

It was brought up a few pages back about the $25,000 raised. I don't know what the money will be used for, but I do know that the CNN video has the Texas team saying they will stay in Aruba as long as the money is there to pay for it. They have $25,000, but thought it they might need as much as $100,000. I hope there are some people willing to donate to this cause, since I think they have a better chance of coming up with something than the police searches did. JMHO
no x it
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: June 26, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

Quote from: "GeOrGiA"
I know the topic of lie detectors has been discussed here before - I'll be the first to admit I haven't read every thread.  My question to anyone would be if the boys ARE finally telling the truth (i.e. the brothers dropped Joran and Natalee off at the beach, Joran says they were at the beach and he left her there) - why wouldn't they WANT to take a lie detector test to affirm that?  I know they're not admissible, but they are certainly used.  Is there some legal reason behind it not being requested by the boys and their family?

Plenty from the boy's side. If innocent and you fail b/c you are nervous or have any number of normal psychological reactions to the situation, you are now a suspect.  If you are innocent and pass, they say you are a criminal sociopath and can fool the test and are guilty.  It's like a modern age witch-dunking with wires and guages.  Scientific proof of high sensitivity and specificity is non-existent.
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #734 on: June 26, 2005, 09:27:11 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"

There would be one of two reasons they arent talking IMO.
1. They dont know anymore then they are telling
2. They were directly involved in what happened.
again JMO

If they took PVDS in to pressure JVDS then they can keep any of the others for reasons other than out and out complicity
DallasGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #735 on: June 26, 2005, 09:29:57 AM »

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBZY142AAE.html

A friend of Holloway said van der Sloot - a 6-foot-5-inch, (1.8-meter, 13- centimeter) broad-shouldered athlete - got into a scuffle outside the restaurant with some of the Alabama visitors the second night of their five-day trip.
"I broke it up," said Bryan Reynolds, 18.
Reynolds didn't elaborate.

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/WN0000203.txt

One of the three young men arrested Thursday in the disappearance of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway got into a pushing match with some of her friends in an Aruban bar, one of Holloway's friends said Thursday.

Bryan Reynolds, 18, one of 124 recent high school graduates whowent to Aruba in late May, said some of his friends almost got into a fight with Joran Andreas Petrus Van Der Sloot and his friends.

The scuffle started after Van Der Sloot, a Dutch suspect arrested at his upper-class home in Oranjestad, Aruba, Thursday morning, had been talking to 18-year-old Holloway at a bar where she and classmates hung out during the five-day trip, Reynolds said.

More conflicting stories. The first one says the scuffle took place the second night of the trip.  If NH did not meet JVDS until the last night of trip it would seem the scuffle had nothing to do with NH.  The second story doesn't give a time frame for the scuffle but does say it was about NH.
azvet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: June 26, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »

Does anybody know if they are in court yet today? It was supposed to begin about an hour ago. All they are showing on Fox is the picture of the front of the courthouse, but no live pictures of people being brought in.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a Veteran
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: June 26, 2005, 09:31:32 AM »

Quote from: "azvet"
Does anybody know if they are in court yet today? It was supposed to begin about an hour ago. All they are showing on Fox is the picture of the front of the courthouse, but no live pictures of people being brought in.

I wonder if they could be doing this in an undisclosed location because of the media.
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #738 on: June 26, 2005, 09:31:49 AM »

They said they thought three of the suspects went in a back door.  What's up with that camera?  It's not a "real camera" so it would be hard to see anything anyway.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: June 26, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »

Quote from: "azvet"

I dont know but if you guys can keep me updated Id appreciate it. My husband took over my Tv to play PS2 and my kids have cartoons on the other one. Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.