April 18, 2024, 06:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255853 times)
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #940 on: June 26, 2005, 11:58:46 AM »

The hearing is over???
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #941 on: June 26, 2005, 11:59:06 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "spab"
Quote from: "absolut"
Steve got an email in the middle of the night from one of the brothers.

... must have been one helluva an email to wind up in jail over.. Confused

What could it possibly have said?

well I am offering this as no confirmation it is for real this is going around, and many of the things it says have panned out so far.
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=201&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340

You mean the purported Depak email?  I certainly do doubt Depak sent an email in the middle of the night.  His mother said he stayed up all night  on the computer routinely.  HOWEVER,  I'm not ready to say that's the only reason, or the reason at all...yesterday, an Aruban official mentioned Steve's access to a dingy...so, I'm not ready to make a final assessment yet.  It could be both...or none of the above.

I meant to say "don't doubt"...
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #942 on: June 26, 2005, 11:59:46 AM »

Quote from: "grits"
after lurking here for weeks now, I did some research on this case from a different angle:

Thomas B. Twitty is head of Investment Services for AmSouth Bank

AmSouth Bank while appearing to be a U.S. bank is actually owned by AmSouth Bancorporation and is according to SEC filings a foreign corporation but I cannot find anywhere on the Net what country it is incorporated in

Tom Twitty of Birmingham filed a new corporation in Rhode Island on 10/22/2004 and it is named AmSouth Investment Services.  

AmSouth Bank has been in trouble with SEC for several cases in late 2004 but most interesting for money laundering

from the SEC case Oct 2004:

" WHEREAS, AmSouth and the Bank have consented to the assessment of a civil
money penalty by the Board of Governors in the amount of ten million dollars
($10,000,000) for the Bank's aforementioned violations of law and regulation and
unsafe and unsound practices, and by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network ("FinCEN") for violations of the anti-money
laundering program and suspicious activity reporting requirements of the BSA;"

Also, there was a lawsuit because AIS or AmSouth Investment Services is a seperate corp entity from AmSouth Bank yet this wasn't revealed to customers...

So...could this be disappearance be a kidnapping aimed at Tom Twitty either to keep him quiet or as revenge by some party or parties who lost money yet he didn't as he is still employed by the bank

this is also the same bank where Natalie's fund is set up...

just a thought

I put those together too, and was scratching my head. I also ran into a brick wall on which country involved. I thought this was very interesting.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: June 26, 2005, 12:00:23 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
The hearing is over???

Yes.
grits
Scared Monkey

« Reply #944 on: June 26, 2005, 12:00:46 PM »

why would it be doing business as both

Amsouth Bancorpora

and Amsouth Bancorporati

both of these names were mentioned in different lawsuits against the bank?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #945 on: June 26, 2005, 12:01:09 PM »

i found ASO as the trading code for AmSouthBancorp - shows the shareholders etc.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #946 on: June 26, 2005, 12:03:08 PM »

Quote from: "grits"
why would it be doing business as both

Amsouth Bancorpora

and Amsouth Bancorporati

both of these names were mentioned in different lawsuits against the bank?

I tried to get a clue from their own website by doing a search for ATM locations as well as branches. Although it said they had 600 total, I couldn't get anything in their search engine for ATMs and Branches beyond 20 in the U.S., mainly in LA. Interesting..
dl3fan
Scared Monkey

LA
« Reply #947 on: June 26, 2005, 12:06:08 PM »

Poor Paula,

Do you mean LA as in Lower Alabama?

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #948 on: June 26, 2005, 12:07:27 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
After lunch we're going to pass by the courthouse if there is nothing new.

You guys want pictures?

See if you can get one of Joran in a blue plaid shirt.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #949 on: June 26, 2005, 12:07:39 PM »

Why does it say "Monkey Junkie" under several posters names?  Yikes.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: June 26, 2005, 12:07:41 PM »

According to FOX, Joran's hearing is over (no details yet). But there are still four more hearing to go!!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #951 on: June 26, 2005, 12:08:01 PM »

Only one hearing over, 4 more to go.  This will be a very long day...
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #952 on: June 26, 2005, 12:08:16 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Why does it say "Monkey Junkie" under several posters names?  Yikes.

I think it is because we have over 500 posts.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #953 on: June 26, 2005, 12:08:53 PM »

Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
..Natalie was very active in a ?group? which was for foreign exchange student promotion. And then it was said that maybe her involvement and participation in the group was used against her.

Natalee's involvement was with the American Field Service, AFS.  They have a long and well-deserved good reputation for facilitating student exchanges.  My family hosted a Brasilian student for a year (way back in the late 60's).  The Mobile Chapter isn't very active as far as I can tell and I remember being delighted to see that it must be in Bham.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #954 on: June 26, 2005, 12:08:58 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "klaasend"
The hearing is over???

Yes.

I think Joran's hearing is over, that leaves the other 4 before we hear anything.  At least that's my take from what was announced on Fox News.
grits
Scared Monkey

« Reply #955 on: June 26, 2005, 12:09:34 PM »

Prosecutors' statement of facts accused AmSouth of failing to file such reports in these other cases:

The Ponzi scheme of Terry Dowdell of Charlottesville, Va., involving more than $120 million. Even after learning of Dowdell's arrest in 2003, the bank failed to file such reports. "Contrary to federal law and regulations, AmSouth determined that public disclosure in the media that law enforcement was investigating Dowdell relieved it of an obligation to file."

Judge Howard Butler of Rockwood, Tenn., committed suicide in the face of allegations he embezzled more than $450,000 from the city of Rockwood's AmSouth account. That account required two signatures for checks to be valid, but the bank had allowed checks to be cashed without such endorsements.

For seven years starting in 1992, Robert Humber, vice president of an Alabama bank, used wire transfers from an account to put more than $18 million into a personal account at AmSouth, which failed to flag that activity as suspicious.

An AmSouth Investment Services employee allegedly committed fraud by "forging customer signatures on numerous documents." AmSouth only reported the employee's misconduct to the National Association of Securities Dealers.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Cynthia L. Eldridge said AmSouth has agreed to hire an outside auditor to examine bank records to determine if any other suspicious activity reports should have been filed. "We do hope this sends a message to banks," she said.
Federal Reserve Board officials have told AmSouth they will restrict expansion by the Birmingham-based bank until it fully complies with requirements to cooperate with them and federal prosecutors.

AmSouth officials said Tuesday in a statement: "These agreements are an important step in the process of putting this matter behind us. AmSouth is committed to full compliance with the provisions of the agreements and to continuing to strengthen its processes."
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #956 on: June 26, 2005, 12:09:39 PM »

That footage of Steve's mother was sad.  I feel for some of these parents.  Regardless of the extent of the involvement of these guys, they are someone's child too.  Very sad.
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #957 on: June 26, 2005, 12:09:48 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
G'morning, all.

I stay up late, I rise early.  I read Monkeys inbetween.  This will go down as "My Summer of the Monkeys" for sure.  Thank heaven school's out.

My concern is the way that a statement/rumor -- previously  disproven -- can continue to come up as if for the first time (and for the poster concerned, it may well be the first time).  Each time someone repeats it, subtle variations get added.  Dispelling a rumor or correcting misinformation can take many more posts.

It reminds me a little of the game "Secret" where one person whispers to the next, and on around the circle, til you get to the end and compare the first message to the final message -- wild and often comic deviation between the two versions, usually.

Is there any way that moderators can have a official rubber stamp with a red ink "NOT!" that could be affixed over these repeats, not so as to obliterate the message, but to alert the long time reader that this is more of the same old, same old.  This may, in computer-land, be an impossible task.  

Moderators, we ask a lot of you.  You always deliver.  We are grateful.  I've visited many forums and this is by far the most consistently respectful, well-spoken. and illuminating one I've found.  That said, I wish you all a good day!

Great post, I agree completely

If topics were broken up into individual threads, it would be much easier to separate the facts from the rumours than having just one fast moving megathread. One on Dutch/Aruban law, timelines, confirmed information about the various people involved and so on. Post links to sources..interviews, websites, pictures. I mean every third page someone asks who Lorenzo is Laughing
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #958 on: June 26, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
[
I think Joran's hearing is over, that leaves the other 4 before we hear anything.  At least that's my take from what was announced on Fox News.

So would you say his hearing was rather short...considering?  Or did his start promptly at 8:30??
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #959 on: June 26, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »

Quote from: "dl3fan"
Poor Paula,

Do you mean LA as in Lower Alabama?

No, LA as in Louisiana.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.