March 28, 2024, 03:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #26 NightCrew Sat/Sun  (Read 255208 times)
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1020 on: June 26, 2005, 12:33:49 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
I think MSM is right in that Satish is the most likely to be released, IF anyone is.

So he would be released for the charges currently pending, but  could he eventually be charged for lying about the security guards?

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1021 on: June 26, 2005, 12:33:50 PM »

If any of them are released, it would be an interesting sign of independence or lack of bowing to pressure by the Aruban authorities.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1022 on: June 26, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »

kshe, the problem is that she is not obligated to testify whatever her son or husband told her. So there is no reason to pick her up

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1023 on: June 26, 2005, 12:34:04 PM »

Does being released mean you are not going to be charged, or can they determine you are a low flight risk, like getting out with a bail posted here?
Orangecrush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1024 on: June 26, 2005, 12:34:53 PM »

Quote from: "spab"
Quote from: "grits"
after lurking here for weeks now, I did some research on this case from a different angle:

Thomas B. Twitty is head of Investment Services for AmSouth Bank

AmSouth Bank while appearing to be a U.S. bank is actually owned by AmSouth Bancorporation and is according to SEC filings a foreign corporation but I cannot find anywhere on the Net what country it is incorporated in

Tom Twitty of Birmingham filed a new corporation in Rhode Island on 10/22/2004 and it is named AmSouth Investment Services.  

AmSouth Bank has been in trouble with SEC for several cases in late 2004 but most interesting for money laundering

from the SEC case Oct 2004:

" WHEREAS, AmSouth and the Bank have consented to the assessment of a civil
money penalty by the Board of Governors in the amount of ten million dollars
($10,000,000) for the Bank's aforementioned violations of law and regulation and
unsafe and unsound practices, and by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network ("FinCEN") for violations of the anti-money
laundering program and suspicious activity reporting requirements of the BSA;"

Also, there was a lawsuit because AIS or AmSouth Investment Services is a seperate corp entity from AmSouth Bank yet this wasn't revealed to customers...

So...could this be disappearance be a kidnapping aimed at Tom Twitty either to keep him quiet or as revenge by some party or parties who lost money yet he didn't as he is still employed by the bank

this is also the same bank where Natalie's fund is set up...

just a thought

... interesting. And certainly cause enough for the FBI to be involved..

Very interesting.  I will probably get slammed here, but something about Jug really bothers me.  Note the Dad, Dave, is really deeply worried and grieving.  But Jug seems like he just wants to pin it on someone.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1025 on: June 26, 2005, 12:35:33 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
as I pretend to work but really catch up here ... two things interest me

1- Grits new info on Amsouth - worth remembering as we go along

2- the "fight" or shoving match or whatever between one of Natalee's cousin? and Joran -for two reasons - first it suggests why the Twitty's arrived already het up about the VDS possibly - and the other is the idea that Natalee went willingly with Joran after that happened - and her Aruba WooHoo! almost rings as a bit of defiance perhaps over the "protection" from cousin? the family dynamics there are probably not simple ...
\

Has it been confirmed that it was her cousin?  I'd like to see the source.  ALso their is no confirmation of the ARuba Woohoo comment to my knowledge.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1026 on: June 26, 2005, 12:35:52 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Does being released mean you are not going to be charged, or can they determine you are a low flight risk, like getting out with a bail posted here?

Interesting, do they even have bail? Havent seen anything said about that at all.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1027 on: June 26, 2005, 12:35:54 PM »

Folks, I will be locking this thread in about 10 minutes.  Please direct your posts to:
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=370
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1028 on: June 26, 2005, 12:36:39 PM »

Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "Lausa"
G'morning, all.

My concern is the way that a statement/rumor -- previously  disproven -- can continue to come up as... Each time someone repeats it, subtle variations get added.  Dispelling a rumor or correcting misinformation can take many more posts.///
Is there any way that moderators can have a official rubber stamp with a red ink "NOT!"...

Great post, I agree completely

If topics were broken up into individual threads, it would be much easier to separate the facts from the rumours than having just one fast moving megathread. One on Dutch/Aruban law, timelines, confirmed information about the various people involved and so on. Post links to sources..interviews, websites, pictures. I mean every third page someone asks who Lorenzo is Laughing

Apparently my "NOT" stamp idea isn't feasible or advisable, and I can understand the reasons given.  I get so hooked on this thread I forget to check others, but it's my impression that the moderators really are trying to implement your suggestion.

"I mean every third page someone asks who Lorenzo is :lol"
Yikes, that might be me!  Not really.  But I'm still curious to know more about the fellow and can't find much on him.
LOL
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1029 on: June 26, 2005, 12:36:47 PM »

I'd be a flight risk just to avoid Geraldo!

isn't there something about needing to provide more evidence or reason to hold at each successive hearing - the impression I got was that they can't just hold you on the original suspicion for 116 days but need to show progress in the case at each step or you walk?
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1030 on: June 26, 2005, 12:37:41 PM »

Bial doesn`t excist in dutch law, an I think they can be charged on purgery as well

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1031 on: June 26, 2005, 12:38:07 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
also notice that even though I was in the first few to register on the new forums,  I am not a junkie. Laughing

At least not yet. Wink

You might be able to make Junkie status by the end of the day!
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1032 on: June 26, 2005, 12:38:54 PM »

Quote from: "Orangecrush"
Quote from: "spab"
Quote from: "grits"
after lurking here for weeks now, I did some research on this case from a different angle:

Thomas B. Twitty is head of Investment Services for AmSouth Bank

AmSouth Bank while appearing to be a U.S. bank is actually owned by AmSouth Bancorporation and is according to SEC filings a foreign corporation but I cannot find anywhere on the Net what country it is incorporated in

Tom Twitty of Birmingham filed a new corporation in Rhode Island on 10/22/2004 and it is named AmSouth Investment Services.  

AmSouth Bank has been in trouble with SEC for several cases in late 2004 but most interesting for money laundering

from the SEC case Oct 2004:

" WHEREAS, AmSouth and the Bank have consented to the assessment of a civil
money penalty by the Board of Governors in the amount of ten million dollars
($10,000,000) for the Bank's aforementioned violations of law and regulation and
unsafe and unsound practices, and by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network ("FinCEN") for violations of the anti-money
laundering program and suspicious activity reporting requirements of the BSA;"

Also, there was a lawsuit because AIS or AmSouth Investment Services is a seperate corp entity from AmSouth Bank yet this wasn't revealed to customers...

So...could this be disappearance be a kidnapping aimed at Tom Twitty either to keep him quiet or as revenge by some party or parties who lost money yet he didn't as he is still employed by the bank

this is also the same bank where Natalie's fund is set up...

just a thought

... interesting. And certainly cause enough for the FBI to be involved..

Very interesting.  I will probably get slammed here, but something about Jug really bothers me.  Note the Dad, Dave, is really deeply worried and grieving.  But Jug seems like he just wants to pin it on someone.
To me, he seems like he is the typical southern man...He is PISSED because somebody messed with his family....I view him as having much love for Natalee...some ppl just have different emotions during crisis...whether it be worry, anger, or denial.
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1033 on: June 26, 2005, 12:38:57 PM »

[/quote]"I mean every third page someone asks who Lorenzo is :lol"Yikes, that might be me!  Not really.  But I'm still curious to know more about the fellow and can't find much on him.
LOL[/quote]

There is a Lorenzo thread.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
grits
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1034 on: June 26, 2005, 12:39:12 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
and are a publicly traded company on the NYSE - mr twitty is not even a board member as far as i can tell

also there was another case against the bank involving Terry Dowdell who was the guy in the 120 million Ponzi scheme and he was set up as a Bahamian corporation called using a company called Vavasseur

and this was where Twitty was quoted...

Variable Annuities Losses End Broker's Comet-Like Career
AmSouth's sales tactics draw fire in Mississippi
By Elliot Blair Smith, USA TODAY - Monday, July 12, 2004

AmSouth Executive Vice President Thomas Twitty, whose brokerage subsidiary employed Moorehead, said in an interview at company headquarters in Birmingham, Ala., "There is one person who didn't play by the rules. He didn't play by our rules."

By trying to pin blame solely on the broker, however, AmSouth overlooks a history of regulatory reprimands alleging lax supervisory and compliance procedures. Moreover, it stonewalled customers and regulators about its compliance failings in Starkville and at other offices, the records and interviews show.

Just saying Twitty might have some big enemies
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1035 on: June 26, 2005, 12:40:54 PM »

DT - I think it was confirmed that it was one of the cousins - or the Twitty boys (what is their relationship precisely) either last night by arlee maybe or by that boy who did the interview with Dash and said he had to break up the "fight" (isn't there something on RiehlWorld about that?) or ... hmmmm ... I remember seeing a reference in one of the newspaper articles as well - I'll try to find it when I next take a break from this silly work! Of course, it's hearsay still. As is the Aruba WooHoo comment.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1036 on: June 26, 2005, 12:40:59 PM »

If aimed at twitty, the grabbing the twins would make more sense.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1037 on: June 26, 2005, 12:42:31 PM »

DT - I think it was confirmed that it was one of the cousins - or the Twitty boys (what is their relationship precisely) either last night by arlee maybe or by that boy who did the interview with Dash and said he had to break up the "fight" (isn't there something on RiehlWorld about that?) or ... hmmmm ... I remember seeing a reference in one of the newspaper articles as well - I'll try to find it when I next take a break from this silly work! Of course, it's hearsay still. As is the Aruba WooHoo comment.

Thanks. As for the aruba woohoo comment I think arlee has suggested that their is no source for it, and that they cant seem to find who reported it.
BarStine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1038 on: June 26, 2005, 12:42:37 PM »

as I pretend to work but really catch up here ... two things interest me

1- Grits new info on Amsouth - worth remembering as we go along

2- the "fight" or shoving match or whatever between one of Natalee's cousin? and Joran -for two reasons - first it suggests why the Twitty's arrived already het up about the VDS possibly - and the other is the idea that Natalee went willingly with Joran after that happened - and her Aruba WooHoo! almost rings as a bit of defiance perhaps over the "protection" from cousin? the family dynamics there are probably not simple ...
-----------
------------------------------------------------------------------

There is more to this than her being accosted out of CnC on the last night. There was a sequence of events building up. Theorizing again, but maybe she was sympathetic to him after he was sucker punched or treated bad by the cousins, or maybe he took some bad beats at the Hold Em & Blackjack tables and then there was a reckless abandonment or payback motive behind his abducting her...

FoX spews...Cracks in the case???
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1039 on: June 26, 2005, 12:42:55 PM »

Speaking of family dynamics, does anyone anticipate that at some point, differences of opinion could arise among the family members over when the family, including Mrs. Beth, should return to Alabama?

Specifically, whether efforts to obtain a confession are successful or not, if the Texas team is unable to locate anything that might offer the family a more robust closure...

Natalee's mother has been in a  horrific situation now for more than a month, and she appears to me to be showing increasing strain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.