May 28, 2024, 10:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Lynn Drake, missing Since 6/23/06 (BODY FOUND-Kevin Newland convicted)  (Read 12983 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: June 28, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »

Jamie Lynn Drake, 19, Has been Missing Since Friday June 23

http://missingexploited.com/2006/06/28/jamie-lynn-drake-19-has-been-missing-since-friday-june-23/

Jamie Lynn Drake, 19, has been missing since last Friday June 23. Jamie Lynn Drake was last seen at her boyfriends apartment.

Description:

Jamie Lynn Drake, 19, is Caucasian, 5’1” tall, 125 pounds with brown hair and eyes. A recent graduate of Mead High School, Drake has been missing from her job at a local Subway restaurant since last Thursday night.

(KXLY)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:00:33 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:09:28 AM »

Such a pretty girl, so sad.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »

What a beautiful girl.  

I see they found her car and are taking a look at the boyfriend.  Imagine my surprise.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 09:25:34 PM »

Howdy Peaches   Just reminding you that the boy who was found with her  car was NOT her boyfriend  this Boy was her roomates  Boyfriend  .
  I think he may have wanted her from afar  and then went after her when the other girl was not around  anymore
sad sad case .
  Jerry from Ohio

Quote from: "Peaches"
What a beautiful girl.  

I see they found her car and are taking a look at the boyfriend.  Imagine my surprise.

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:03:12 AM »

Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"
Howdy Peaches   Just reminding you that the boy who was found with her  car was NOT her boyfriend  this Boy was her roomates  Boyfriend  .
  I think he may have wanted her from afar  and then went after her when the other girl was not around  anymore
sad sad case .
  Jerry from Ohio

Quote from: "Peaches"
What a beautiful girl.  

Oops.  Okay, so he's just a car thief.  Nice.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:39:02 PM »

The body of Missing Jamie Lynn Drake found in Stevens County

http://missingexploited.com/2006/06/30/the-body-of-missing-jamie-lynn-drake-found-in-stevens-county/

There is sad news to report in the case of missing teen, Jamie Lynn Drake . With the help of Kevin Wayne Newland, who is in custody in connection with Jamie’s disappearance, he informed police where to find her body. Another teens life ends so tragically soon.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:39:36 PM »

Statement from Jamie Drake's family

This morning we met with the representatives of the Spokane County Sheriff’s Department. They advised us of the investigation to date and that they would be executing a search warrant in rural Stevens County where they believe they will find a body. While one always wants to remain optimistic, there seems little reason to be at this point.

Jamie is and always will be very special to all of us. She represents all that is good in life with her smile, sparkling eyes, quick laugh and spirit for life. She is a wonderful daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, niece and cousin.

We want to thank the entire community, particularly Jamie’s many friends and their parents, for their hard work in the search process for Jamie. Their efforts assisted the investigation. This entire episode has reminded us of what a special place Spokane is and how caring and loving the people in this community are. We also want to thank the Spokane County Sheriff’s Department and other law enforcement agencies for their dedicated work.

This is a very difficult time for us. We would respectfully ask that you allow us the opportunity to grieve this loss and celebrate Jamie’s life as a family.

As we enter this holiday weekend, we urge all families to celebrate what they have. We should all be reminded that life is very precious and we should let all of those around us know how special they are to us.

http://www.kxly.com/news/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=3367
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »

Detectives seek potential witnesses in Jamie Drake case

http://www.kxly.com/news/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=3458

(VIDEO) http://www.spokanetogo.com/if_video.php?id=1620

Sheriff’s major crimes detectives are looking for four persons that homicide suspect Kevin Wayne Newland said he spent the day with on the day Jamie Lynn Drake was killed.

According to Newland, he has been living a transient lifestyle and spending nights in city and county parks. On Thursday, June 22, he was at Chief Garry Park at Mission and Greene when he met four people who invited him to go drinking with them.

One of the men was named “John” and drove a dark blue Ford F-150 pickup.

A second man was called “Louis” and a woman was called “Boo.” The fourth person, another male, went unidentified. These last three were in a dark gray or black Acura.

Newland and the four drove to a spot along the Little Spokane River north of Commellini’s Restaurant where they drank alcohol. At some point there was a disagreement and John used his pickup to drive Newland to Jamie Drake’s apartment so he could talk with her roommate who was his girlfriend.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 02:45:28 PM »

What was the motive for this?  The car?  Anything new on this?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »

Inmates suspected of planning escape

August 28, 2007
Security was heightened today at the murder trial of Kevin Wayne Newland after Spokane County sheriff’s deputies at the jail found sheets, a shirt and a sharpened stick that may have been stashed for a future escape attempt.

“Our jail staff established information over the weekend that an escape attempt could be anticipated or being planned,” Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Dave Reagan said. “They separated the two inmates they believed were most likely to be involved and put them into a higher security part of the jail.”

John Mueller, judicial assistant to Superior Court Judge Sam Cozza, said he was informed Monday by security staff that Newland was believed to be involved one of the inmates involved in the potential escape attempt.

“They said they didn’t believe he was the ring leader but they thought he was involved,” Mueller said. “That’s why we had four (corrections deputies) instead of the normal two” at the first-degree murder trial.

Newland is charged with killing 19-year-old Jamie Drake.

Reagan said he could not confirm Newland’s involvement because no one has been charged in connection with the alleged escape plan. However, he acknowledged that more corrections deputies were assigned to provide security at the trial.

Reagan said the two inmates were in a pod with 15 or 20 other inmates who have individual cells but share bathrooms, showers and a day room.

Those common areas were searched and deputies found “sheets and bedding that had been knotted into ropes,” Reagan said. “They also found an article of clothing that had been fashioned into a slip knot and they found a hidden piece of wood that had been sharpened. All of those things were seized as contraband.”

“The reports have been forwarded to our detectives division today and we will take a look at them,” Reagan said.

Mueller said attorneys heard testimony for only half the day because Assistant Public Defender Al Rossi was having a medical problem with his eyes. The trial had been suspended on Monday for the same reason, Mueller said.

Newland is charged with aggravated first-degree murder in connection with the death of Drake, whose roommate at the time was Newland’s ex-girlfriend. If convicted at the trial that started last week, Newland would face up to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Drake never showed up to her job at Subway on June 23, 2006. Her disappearance sparked a statewide search that ended on June 29 when Newland led Spokane County sheriff’s detectives to the body, which was wrapped in a tarp and placed under the floor of a cabin in Stevens County.

Assistant Public Defender Brooke Hagara told jurors last week that her client started drinking heavily June 22 before going over to Drake’s apartment, where he expected to find his ex-girlfriend Jordan Sheffield.

Hagara said Newland woke up the next day at his new girlfriend’s house, but he didn’t know how he got there. As Newland began to remember events of the night before, he formulated a plan to visit friends and loved ones before committing suicide, Hagara said.

Newland was in Maple Valley to visit his brother when he was arrested June 27 by King County authorities.

According to court records, Spokane County sheriff’s detective Tim Hines interviewed Newland about how he obtained Drake’s Mustang.

Newland claimed he purchased the car for $3,000 from a man he met in a bar named Jamie. When confronted about the situation with Jamie Drake, Newland “continued to deny having anything to do with Jamie Drake’s disappearance.”

On June 29, Newland led detectives to a cabin at 1166 Marble Valley Basin Road in Stevens County, where he moved a piece of plywood covering a crawl space. Inside, the detectives found Drake’s body wrapped in a tarp.

Newland later admitted to a detective how he hit Drake in the throat and tied plastic bags around her head before taking her body to the cabin, according to court records.

The investigation into the alleged escape attempt may not be completed for some time, Reagan said.

“I don’t believe we have ever had a successful escape from our jail, with the exception of one or two people using false identities to be released,” Reagan said. “We have had people run from the booking area and were chased down within a block or two … but we’ve never had an escape in the classic sense, like lowering themselves down from a window.”

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=11269

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

Kevin Newland gets 45 years for murder

Updated: Oct 29, 2007 12:57 PM EST

SPOKANE, Wash. - A judge has sentenced Kevin Newland to the maximum sentence of 548 months in prison for the murder of Jamie Lynn Drake.  That works out to about 45 and a half years behind bars.

Last month a jury found Kevin Newland, charged in connection with the death of 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake who disappeared June 23rd of last year, guilty on 12 counts including Murder in the First Degree.

Newland was found guilty on 11 other counts which included First-Degree Possession of Stolen Property, Forgery, and Second-Degree Theft.

Newland was not found guilty of premeditated murder in the first degree with aggravating circumstances.
http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=7239283&ClientType=Printable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wash. Advocate Provides
Comfort for Crime Victims
Spokesman-Review, The (Spokane, WA) - December 03, 2008

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Not even a broken arm and nose could keep Annette Ingham from her courthouse job: giving comfort to the victims of violent crime.

snipped>>>>

In the nearly three years she’s worked as manager of the victim-witness unit, Ingham has seen a lot of sorrow.

She passed out boxes of tissues to the distraught relatives and friends of 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake at the 2007 sentencing of Drake’s killer, Kevin Newland, to 45 years in prison.
http://www.merced.networkofcare.org/ps/news/detail.cfm?articleID=21258
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:57:06 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:58:04 PM »

POS

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.