September 20, 2014, 05:53:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MIGRATION IS COMPLETE - ONLY FORUM ISSUE I AM AWARE OF IS AVATARS - YOU MAY NEED TO RE-ADD YOURS
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 119532 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 366



« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2005, 01:36:47 PM »

Fox is reporting they are still in court.  Is that true, I think they will let the dad go also.
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2005, 01:36:55 PM »

Quote from: "GuyWdog"
I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many innocnet victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.


GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?


Perhaps his boss is a reasonable person and will let him continue his work on the TATOO... JMO
Logged
AZsunny
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 26



« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2005, 01:37:06 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Yes, the text messaging thing it now it.  I don't get it and it to me is way too much trouble, but both my twenty something kids can type war and peace in thirty seconds.


Yes!!  and with just their thumbs!! Rolling Eyes
Logged
cjm
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 35


« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2005, 01:37:18 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
I think that they said the text part as part of the fake alibi because they knew or thought the text couldnt be traced.  The key would be to see if there is a record of this text message.  Why not just call?  Why call then text?  Just scream bogus to me in alot of ways.


I agree!
Logged
Orangecrush
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 8


« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2005, 01:37:51 PM »

Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "cjm"
Quote from: "gagirl"
David Kock made some interesting comments on CNN's site about timeline info

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html


Thanks for the link.

Those records, Kock said, show Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. on the morning Holloway disappeared. In that call, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. About 40 minutes later, Kock said -- about the time it would take him to walk home -- Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe to tell him he had arrived[/i]

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html



That particular quote is very suspicious, almost like a planned alibi.  How many guys call or text their friends to let them know they got home?


Poss scenario: Call made to D: Walking home on reg route, can I get a ride, D says sure and goes back to sleep. J walks all the way home and sends a text message:Thanks a lot for the ride, asshole.


or dad tells him to text someone as cover?


I think that they said the text part as part of the fake alibi because they knew or thought the text couldnt be traced.  The key would be to see if there is a record of this text message.  Why not just call?  Why call then text?  Just scream bogus to me in alot of ways.


Gotta beleive this call and sms happened. These are verifiable facts.

Maybe he texted instead of calling the second time because of the lateness. Maybe D had his phone turned off. It could be sinister, or setting up an alibi, or completely innocent


Pretty average behavior to text when you have a quick messages that doesn't require a discussion...like you've arrived home, forget the ride.  .  Asking for a ride, may require a discussion, hence the call.  Behavior seems perfectly normal and works with their alibi.
Logged
Sobelle
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 40


« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2005, 01:37:55 PM »

In Dutch law, when a person is being held and interrogated and its before a trial begins  that you are not required by law to say a anything but when you go to trial you are required to answer questions?  Is this true?
Logged
mojo
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 93



« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "mojo"
according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked


Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?


if they continue to hold them, we can...i can't see them letting the 3 go, though and i also suspect PVDS will be held for good measure unless this thing about his arrest being conducted properly holds any water.
Logged

The state of the condition insults my intuition
candygirl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 105


« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2005, 01:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "GuyWdog"
I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many innocnet victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.


GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?


I feel a BOOK DEAL Arounf the Corner......
Seriously, I feel for those innocent,  but wrongly accussed.
Logged

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 226



« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:08 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
One thing I'm confused about regarding the CNN report...

Yesterday, Geraldo reported that he was told that Joran called Deepak from his cell phone at (forget the exact time) 2:30 am for a lift, and that he texted him 45 minutes later to let him to tell him that he had already found a lift back home. I forget whether his source was Kock or Oomen (the other Kalpoe's lawyer).

Hmmm...I know it was Geraldo and he gets at least 50% of his reporting wrong...and I can't find anything about it on the FOX web site.


I saw the same 2 discrepancies, everywhere from he got a lift, he walked home, and he never texted them at all.    Wonder which story is correct today.
Logged

Innocent people dont lie.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 366



« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:31 PM »

They seem to be holding alot of innocent people that makes me think that the others could be innocent also.
Logged
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 176



« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »

I am thinking that Deepak's phone was off, so Joran left a voice message asking him to give him a ride home. Then, when he arrived home, he text messages to say forget it... I walked.

Otherwise, why wouldn't Deepak have picked him up?
Logged
Scott
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 190


« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "mojo"
according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked


Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?


That's exactly what was reported on Fox...that the judge said there wasn't enough evidence to continue to detain Croes.  

This, in no way, suggests that there's no culpability by Croes; just insufficient evidence based on the increased burden of proof in the Aruban system to keep him locked up any longer.
Logged
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »

Why not? If you don`t want the friend to wake up from a phonecall again it sounds good to me that you sms then. The phonecall I can imagen b/c he just saw him if deepak brought them to the beach, and then the walk home "I left her on the beach" are you still in the neighboorhood to pick me up? Deepak maybe says no I`m already at home. So joran walks home and then give him a text message that he arrived think nothing strange about consider the time!
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
cast
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 69


« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:55 PM »

Quote from: "bigpoodle"
Quote from: "Ting"
I hope that Mr. Croes' family will be able to arrange safe conduct for him to an off-island undisclosed location for a while.

As several people have pointed out, there are US nationals currently in Aruba who might wish to do him harm.

Now that his mother has been on TV, and I believe an uncle, it would probably be better if they accompany him.


I think the only American national that Mr. Croe or his family needs to be concerned about is that demented Jug Twitty.


Jug took the time out to send a shout out to one of his idols (Neal Bortz) on Hannity & Colmes the other night. What an asp.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2005, 01:42:16 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
One thing I'm confused about regarding the CNN report...

Yesterday, Geraldo reported that he was told that Joran called Deepak from his cell phone at (forget the exact time) 2:30 am for a lift, and that he texted him 45 minutes later to let him to tell him that he had already found a lift back home. I forget whether his source was Kock or Oomen (the other Kalpoe's lawyer).

Hmmm...I know it was Geraldo and he gets at least 50% of his reporting wrong...and I can't find anything about it on the FOX web site.


I saw the same 2 discrepancies, everywhere from he got a lift, he walked home, and he never texted them at all.    Wonder which story is correct today.

Glad I wasn't imagining things or hallucinating about last night's discussion. I don't know which account is correct - CNN is the one who first erroneously reported the 'confession' and ran it all night without confirmation.
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Shellbell
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 366



« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »

Why do I have monkey junkie under my name?
Logged
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 320


« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:05 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Fox is reporting they are still in court.  Is that true, I think they will let the dad go also.


You better stop listening to those voices. Wink
Logged
katya
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 149


« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:12 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
I am thinking that Deepak's phone was off, so Joran left a voice message asking him to give him a ride home. Then, when he arrived home, he text messages to say forget it... I walked.

Otherwise, why wouldn't Deepak have picked him up?


Maybe Deepak was tired of being Jorans Taxi? Or sleeping? What time did Nadira Ramirez say she checked the doors and they were locked, so she knew her boys were home?
Logged
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:18 PM »

I wonder if some of the resentment about the american pressure will encourage his boss to let him keep his job or if he'd be seen as a liability on a tourist boat (or an asset?)

plus most folks in the world won't have followed this as obsessively as us

still, the things said about him have been awful and so totally unfounded since there's never been any info on him ...

The others I think will be held just to keep Jug et al happy no matter what the evidence.
Logged
puggywug
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:33 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "mojo"
according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked


Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?


That's exactly what was reported on Fox...that the judge said there wasn't enough evidence to continue to detain Croes.  

This, in no way, suggests that there's no culpability by Croes; just insufficient evidence based on the increased burden of proof in the Aruban system to keep him locked up any longer.

Right, his release doesn't mean he absolutely was not involved.  I am not saying I think he was involved; heck, I don't know what I believe at this point.  I'm just saying I agree with what Scott just posted, that this in no way exonerates Croes. Smile
Logged

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.