October 22, 2018, 05:49:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 204059 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
alpha_fruit
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 6


« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2005, 02:34:52 PM »

deleted by author, already answered.
Logged

la_cavalière
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 176



« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2005, 02:35:58 PM »

Puggywug, it an unfortunate truth that Fox blows both CNN and MSNBC out of the water in terms of ratings. I like Greta (formerly of CNN), but most of the other show hosts are like nails on a chalkboard for me!

I like MSNBC, especially Olbermann. Fox watchers, check him out -- he's hilarious!

Conservative or liberal, at least we can all agree that Natalee's story has struck a chord in all of us.
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2005, 02:36:22 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "momto5"


And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.


I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.

well I hope thats not true otherwise most of us here are gonna be real stupid by the time this case is over considering they are the ones with the most coverage  Laughing[/quote]

LOL MOM.. I guess then I will be really stupid.. I guess I chose one channel to listen to.. I swutched back and forth for the others.. gets too confusing at times.. so I picked FOX..and have stuck to it!!  SOmeone passme a dunce cap please!!  Shocked
Logged
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 935



« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2005, 02:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "momto5"


And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.


I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.

well I hope thats not true otherwise most of us here are gonna be real stupid by the time this case is over considering they are the ones with the most coverage  Laughing[/quote]

NANCY DREW'S POST BEGINS HERE
~~~~~~

Did you ever see the film, OUTFOXED?  It's well worth renting.  I spent time with the director last fall, and saw the film several times.  If you'd like to see O'Reilly lying?  Yikes.

Edited to correct the name of the film...I had it wrong.
Logged
momto5
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 240


« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Puggywug, it an unfortunate truth that Fox blows both CNN and MSNBC out of the water in terms of ratings. I like Greta (formerly of CNN), but most of the other show hosts are like nails on a chalkboard for me!

I like MSNBC, especially Olbermann. Fox watchers, check him out -- he's hilarious!

Conservative or liberal, at least we can all agree that Natalee's story has struck a cord in all of us.


Very true. I also like the Abrams Report on msnbc. My daughter likes it too and shes only 16 hehe
Logged

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »

it depends whether it`s true or not, but if it`s true what I would like to know is; When he instructed them to stick with one story? B/C if it was on that sunday/monday then it`s clear that they did something or something happend. But if it was the next day when they all know that natalee dissapeared then I could also understand that paulus as an attorney could give them advice of sticking to there story .
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
golden
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 143



« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2005, 02:37:52 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

I Best keep  Quiet.
  He is a   Great guy .I always believed in him.
..Nuff said Very Happy



Come on now...inquiring monkeys would like to know.  What's up? PM me if you don't want to put it on the board.
Logged

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »

Quote from: "alpha_fruit"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!


I found this by doing a google search of "steve croes" and "sandra"

http://www.bloggie.nl/archives/sandra_k_bekend.html


Thanks Scott.. I checked it out.. but of course cant read a word! I sent her a PM.. no reply as of yet.. and now since she used the "MY BABY" term and others asked about it.. shes disapearred!!


No she answered you up above.
{quote}Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Angiex911dsptchr wrote:
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve?? You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother?? We are curious!

I Best keep Quiet.
He is a Great guy .I always believed in him.
..Nuff said  
[/quote]


Thanks Alpha and I did notcie after I sent the post already.
Logged
luna
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 124


« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »

Quote from: "cast"

Joran had to be pretty determined and persistant in his persuit of Natalee if all of the reports of him getting acquainted with her early on during her trip,

following her around, showing up in the locations where she was present,

having confrontations with her step-cousins,

and then what the Netherland's  De Telegraaf has reported.


Ummmmm....Cast...did you not see the interview with two of Natalees' ROOMATES on Greta last week???

They stated that Joran was quietly playing blackjack, not flirting, keeping to himself.  She introduced herself to him.

That does not mean anything beyond that....BUT he was not following her around based on their account.
Logged
EdwinW
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 35



« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2005, 02:39:13 PM »

Did someone ever mentioned that the name "Greta van Susteren" is a typical Dutch name ?
"Susteren" is even a Dutch village: http://www.susteren.nl/
The word "van" actually means "from" ....
Logged
momto5
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 240


« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2005, 02:39:39 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "momto5"


And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.


I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.

well I hope thats not true otherwise most of us here are gonna be real stupid by the time this case is over considering they are the ones with the most coverage  Laughing


Did you ever see the film, CONTROL ROOM?  It's well worth renting.  I spent time with the director last fall, and saw the film several times.  If you'd like to see O'Reilly lying?  Yikes.[/quote]
Havent seen it. If they have it at blockbuster or something maybe Ill try and rent it (children permitting). I really cant stand O'Reilly myself. I think its his personality. My daughter doesnt like his hair. So his show is outvoted in our house since we have a democratic run home (not the party but 5 kids 2 adults we have to vote around here lol).
Logged

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
hope
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 121


« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2005, 02:40:11 PM »

Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "momto5"


And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.


I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.[/quote]

I personally have always believed that this was a set up from the very beginning that NH befriended Joran- the three had this already planned out IMO-and NH fell right into their game and trap
Logged
Curiosity
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 156


« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2005, 02:40:38 PM »

I lost faith in the MSM a long time ago. Thanks to the web, if there is a big story I check the British, Canadian and Aussie news to get a wider view point. Actually, my lack of faith in unbias news from the MSM is why I ended up on a few blogs like this one.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2005, 02:41:11 PM »

Also from Kock, on camera a few minutes ago on FOX (paraphrasing):
Joran's story is that Deepak came to pick him up, when Deepak denied this, he changed it to Satish, who also denies this. Kock says that the fact that J keeps changing his story would lead one to logically conclude that he has something to hide. Brothers admit that they initially lied to protect J, but that the brothers' story hasn't changed since they said they dropped off J at the Marriott beach.

Hmmmm.
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Sobelle
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 40


« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2005, 02:41:11 PM »

EdwinW

Would you know if in Dutch law, when a person is being held and interrogated and its before a trial begins  that you are not required by law to say a anything but when you go to trial you are required to answer questions?
Thanks
Logged
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 696


« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2005, 02:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "Curiosity"
I lost faith in the MSM a long time ago. Thanks to the web, if there is a big story I check the British, Canadian and Aussie news to get a wider view point. Actually, my lack of faith in unbias news from the MSM is why I ended up on a few blogs like this one.


This is an excellent point and a question to the rest of you:  have you found more info on blogs like this one about this case that you believe? Or do you think most of what's out there is blantant gossip and rumor mongering?  What can be done by bloggers to make the latter more believable?

Note:  By blogs, I do NOT mean this forum.  I mean actual blogs like the www.scaredmonkeys.com site.
Logged
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2005, 02:43:29 PM »

So if one of the K bros (can't remember which) said "something bad happened", are we to believe that J told him to say that?
Just wondering.
Logged

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
sandraK
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 141



« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2005, 02:43:32 PM »

my pm shows No PM's...  I'm just a Steve    Big Supporter.
No big Thing.   please Dear  Monkeys . Relax  Very Happy
Logged
Ting
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 362



« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2005, 02:43:38 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Also from Kock, on camera a few minutes ago on FOX (paraphrasing):
Joran's story is that Deepak came to pick him up, when Deepak denied this, he changed it to Satish, who also denies this. Kock says that the fact that J keeps changing his story would lead one to logically conclude that he has something to hide. Brothers admit that they initially lied to protect J, but that the brothers' story hasn't changed since they said they dropped off J at the Marriott beach.

Hmmmm.


Joran's transportation from place to place seems to keep cropping up. We have all these reports that put him in this or that place, and very little info on how he got from A to B to C.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2005, 02:43:47 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Did someone ever mentioned that the name "Greta van Susteren" is a typical Dutch name ?

Yep, that was my first thought when she first became involved in the case. However, she is American, and I doubt that she speaks Dutch. She can't pronounce 'Joran' properly, and I think at the beginning she was mispronouncing 'van der Sloot'.

I do think that her Dutch name has given her more inroad into getting people on camera, than any other reporter down in Aruba.
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 2.553 seconds with 19 queries.