March 28, 2024, 07:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241391 times)
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 01:07:32 PM »

Quote from: "golden"
Wonder what the specifics were that caused PVDS to be denied for judge?

I dunno but what I have found a little more interesting is that Joran led people to believe his dad WAS a judge. It also seems PVDS led people to believe it as well when as it turns out wasnt exactly true. Maybe there is something to it? I mean in their ability to stretch the truth. I dunno just speculating here.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"

I dunno but what I have found a little more interesting is that Joran led people to believe his dad WAS a judge. It also seems PVDS led people to believe it as well when as it turns out wasnt exactly true. Maybe there is something to it? I mean in their ability to stretch the truth. I dunno just speculating here.

I thought I read somewhere its because he failed the test?
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2005, 01:10:19 PM »

Greta asked dad if he was in fact a judge and he said yes.  So yeah they are liars.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 01:10:28 PM »

Quote from: "gagirl"
David Kock made some interesting comments on CNN's site about timeline info

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

Those records, Kock said, show Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. on the morning Holloway disappeared.

Natalee left CnC at 1.30 am, it takes 10-15 min to reach Marriott beach areas...that gives Joran about an hour to stroll with Nat, chat, argue, and and or maybe have fun, and either left her for death or walked her back towards the board walk.

In that call, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. About 40 minutes later, Kock said -- about the time it would take him to walk home -- Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe to tell him he had arrived.

That would be 3.40 now, which is about right for a 40 min walk.  Now the thing is ... is it all true? That would leave no time to Panic, getting Paulus involved, calling SGC, and picking up the body and disposing of it...need more info...because that leaves about 2 hours to start school at Aruba Internation School.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »

Hoi edwin,

Are you refering to that  from that Angelique an Paul case? With the boutiques?

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »

ok, guys, i know i should not do hellos and goodbyes here..so to all moderators, my apologies..but i did not want to be rude to my fellow monkey friends and just log off..like anyone cares, right?  Smile

Anyway, my 2 year old is presently naked and clothes might be a good idea..dishes are 2 days old, and i might need a shower..sometime...lol..

I hope the news gets a little more interesting..I personally hate weekends because there is no Greta..and Whorealdo is just not worth listening to IMHO...although i must say, it is entertaining to hear him screw everything up!!

Hope to see some great pics from Arubagirl later...

Hope to see Equuesearch turn up something...though, i do hope its not what we all fear....

Have a great afternoon, and I'll see all my monkeys later.....GREAT pic of the monkey on Greta site by the way...

"God dont like ugly"
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2005, 01:10:50 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"

From that site:
"Paul Van Der Sloot, who is relatively new to the bench, was arrested Thursday, while the other four have been in custody longer."

Wonder what bench they're talking about.

I just read this on Fox.com: In an anecdote that illustrated the insular world of Aruba, Justice Minister Croes said Paul van der Sloot had recently visited him in his office after failing to become a judge, apparently seeking a position in Croes' department. Van der Sloot had also taught the justice minister's daughter.
So I'm assuming he didn't 'pass the bar' as in the US
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2005, 01:11:31 PM »

He technically was a judge. He had been able to sit in on cases but not give decisions and had just completed a 1 year internship in the NL in March 2005. This was pretty clearly explained from one of the translated Dutch newspaper sources a day or so ago (It's getting to be a blur).
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2005, 01:11:38 PM »

Dan's reporting;
12:50 Update: Fox reporting Joran and Deepak detention extended.

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
Chicago_510
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2005, 01:12:37 PM »

Since these kids are such big fans og G-Unit and 50 Cent, I think we need to send 50 down there to interrogate these guys.  He would probably scare the crap out of those kids.  Anybody have 50's phone number?
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 01:12:47 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

I thought I read somewhere its because he failed the test?

Last night the Justice Minister mentioned something about a letter from the Netherlands, so I thought there may have been another reason.  Maybe the letter was just confirming that he had failed the test.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
cjm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »

Thanks for the link.

Those records, Kock said, show Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. on the morning Holloway disappeared. In that call, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. About 40 minutes later, Kock said -- about the time it would take him to walk home -- Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe to tell him he had arrived[/i]

DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:19 PM »

I heard it stated that he failed the test (like I know exactly what that means).  I guess they take some kind of competency test on their knowledge and he didn' know enough!!!
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:27 PM »

From that site:
"Paul Van Der Sloot, who is relatively new to the bench, was arrested Thursday, while the other four have been in custody longer."

I could really get nasty with "what bench" now daddy VDS is in jail, but after all it is Sunday!
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:29 PM »

From that site:

]
Behind his house,,,,he must have failed his test!

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:38 PM »

according to riehl

Aruba Breaking

12:50 Update: Fox reporting Joran and Deepak detention extended. Geraldo claimed to have fragmentary reports some of those detained may be released - then he seemed confused suggesting his report meant 'released" from the court house to be returned to jail. As posted yesterday, I've heard unconfirmed rumbings from sources on the island that one, or possibly two of those detained will be released today.

Fox News is reporting that the hearing in Aruba is now over. Hopefully a statement as to the outcome will be coming soon. I'll update this post as appropriate.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:39 PM »

Croes will be released tomorrow!
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:48 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Has all this attention on Aruba led anyone to think of traveling to the Caribbean? I am now seriously thinking of a trip to the French Caribbean (Martinique, St-Barthélemy or Guadeloupe).

There has been reported of a woman missing of a cruise ship in the Caribbean, however I believe it's close to Mexico.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:48 PM »

croes to be released tommmorow
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:50 PM »

Croes will be released
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.