March 28, 2024, 04:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241380 times)
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2005, 01:29:27 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
I wonder if steve is going to be able to tell anything about the case when he is released?

Yes, I am wondering that, as well.  I am also wondering if he will be called as a "witness" to testify if this case goes to trial.  Anyone know how that would work under Dutch/Aruban law?

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2005, 01:29:55 PM »

Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL  of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2005, 01:30:49 PM »

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

Isn't it kind of like that here in the States?  Or have I been watching too much TV..
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2005, 01:31:25 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

Isn't it kind of like that here in the States?  Or have I been watching too much TV..

You cant be compelled to testify against spouse in the states.

*edited for spelling blah

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2005, 01:31:32 PM »

So ... do cell phones in Aruba have location tracking?

am I remembering that that has been added here in the states or am I confused?

and do you think my client tomorrow till buy "gee the report is not complete but I went over 200 messages on SM?"
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »

In the USA it's only a marital privilege.
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2005, 01:32:22 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "cjm"
Quote from: "gagirl"
David Kock made some interesting comments on CNN's site about timeline info

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

Thanks for the link.

Those records, Kock said, show Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. on the morning Holloway disappeared. In that call, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. About 40 minutes later, Kock said -- about the time it would take him to walk home -- Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe to tell him he had arrived[/i]

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

That particular quote is very suspicious, almost like a planned alibi.  How many guys call or text their friends to let them know they got home?

Poss scenario: Call made to D: Walking home on reg route, can I get a ride, D says sure and goes back to sleep. J walks all the way home and sends a text message:Thanks a lot for the ride, asshole.

or dad tells him to text someone as cover?

I think that they said the text part as part of the fake alibi because they knew or thought the text couldnt be traced.  The key would be to see if there is a record of this text message.  Why not just call?  Why call then text?  Just scream bogus to me in alot of ways.

Gotta beleive this call and sms happened. These are verifiable facts.

Maybe he texted instead of calling the second time because of the lateness. Maybe D had his phone turned off. It could be sinister, or setting up an alibi, or completely innocent
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2005, 01:32:31 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Hmm FOX saying the only reason Croes was held because he got an email.. SO perhaps the email WW posted was legit?

Yes, and they said the email was from Deepak "who owns an internet

cafe."  

I didn't know he owned it.

Yes I heard the reporter say he owned it also??  Thats the first I heard that!! Maybe she messed up??

wait a minute - he has a boss that was interviewed...how can he have a boss if he's the owner?

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »

RB.. I think its like that in the states as well.. We learned about that in 911 training..
  I even couldnt obtain an attorney thay my hubby used before.. and for a whole other matter.. Conflict of interest!
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »

Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Just don't post that message here on SM!
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2005, 01:33:52 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Hmm FOX saying the only reason Croes was held because he got an email.. SO perhaps the email WW posted was legit?

Yes, and they said the email was from Deepak "who owns an internet

cafe."  

I didn't know he owned it.

Yes I heard the reporter say he owned it also??  Thats the first I heard that!! Maybe she messed up??

wait a minute - he has a boss that was interviewed...how can he have a boss if he's the owner?

I saw that interview also, and if I remember correctly his boss is a women.  So that would make her the owner.
bigpoodle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
I hope that Mr. Croes' family will be able to arrange safe conduct for him to an off-island undisclosed location for a while.

As several people have pointed out, there are US nationals currently in Aruba who might wish to do him harm.

Now that his mother has been on TV, and I believe an uncle, it would probably be better if they accompany him.

I think the only American national that Mr. Croe or his family needs to be concerned about is that demented Jug Twitty.
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2005, 01:34:11 PM »

I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many innocnet victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.

GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »

One thing I'm confused about regarding the CNN report...

Yesterday, Geraldo reported that he was told that Joran called Deepak from his cell phone at (forget the exact time) 2:30 am for a lift, and that he texted him 45 minutes later to let him to tell him that he had already found a lift back home. I forget whether his source was Kock or Oomen (the other Kalpoe's lawyer).

Hmmm...I know it was Geraldo and he gets at least 50% of his reporting wrong...and I can't find anything about it on the FOX web site.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2005, 01:34:54 PM »

nancy and mom both said that it's only extended to spouse, so apparently that means sons and daughters, cousins and uncles can all testify here in the States.  I'm to infer that in the Dutch system no one from the family can testify against another, or are there constraints on that?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »

according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked

The state of the condition insults my intuition
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2005, 01:35:30 PM »

I don`t  think there is a 'gag order' in the dutch law that prevents realeased people from talking to the press or something

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2005, 01:36:08 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked

Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2005, 01:36:18 PM »

Quote from: "GuyWdog"
I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many innocnet victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.

GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?

I wonder if there are libel laws or slander laws in aruba?

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2005, 01:36:41 PM »

Quote from: "katya"

Gotta beleive this call and sms happened. These are verifiable facts.

Maybe he texted instead of calling the second time because of the lateness. Maybe D had his phone turned off. It could be sinister, or setting up an alibi, or completely innocent

I dont know if anyone has verified that text messaging is traceable in aruba, but anyway, I dont question the text message as much as I question the idea of a guy letting a guy know he got home ok.  If it was a girl yea, but a guy?

Innocent people dont lie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.