March 29, 2024, 01:44:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241479 times)
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "Shellbell"
Fox is reporting they are still in court.  Is that true, I think they will let the dad go also.

You better stop listening to those voices. Wink

I know!!! Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2005, 01:43:58 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Why do I have monkey junkie under my name?

I read that after you make 500 posts that happens! lol
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2005, 01:44:04 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
nancy and mom both said that it's only extended to spouse, so apparently that means sons and daughters, cousins and uncles can all testify here in the States.  I'm to infer that in the Dutch system no one from the family can testify against another, or are there constraints on that?

I originally posted what I had researched, that it extends to parent/child.  However, there was another post from someone who said it extends beyond marital and parent/child.  It looked like they posted the exact law...however, Aruban law is a little different than Dutch law.

You are protected from what you hear as a parent or child,  BUT you are not protected from what you may have seen.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »

Quote from: "GuyWdog"
I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many Innocent victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.

GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?

You never know what VDS or the brothers may have said in jail implicating Croes. After all they lied about the original 2 security guards implicating them.

I hardly doubt that Aruban authorities were reading SM comments and arrested them. We are good not that good. I do understand your point though.

From what I have further heard there was a greater burden of proof to keep him. I think it will be interesting if he talks to the media or not after he is released.

It also is kind of different that he is just not released now. Unless this is common in Aruba, or maybe because this was a special Sunday court hearing and normal paperwork needs to be done during a work week.
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2005, 01:44:31 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "mojo"
according to CNN International - yeah, we get different news from you all

Croes is being released for lack of evidence... Shocked

Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?

That's exactly what was reported on Fox...that the judge said there wasn't enough evidence to continue to detain Croes.  

This, in no way, suggests that there's no culpability by Croes; just insufficient evidence based on the increased burden of proof in the Aruban system to keep him locked up any longer.

Scott, is there an increased burden of proof with each hearing?

The state of the condition insults my intuition
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2005, 01:45:04 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Why not? If you don`t want the friend to wake up from a phonecall again it sounds good to me that you sms then. The phonecall I can imagen b/c he just saw him if deepak brought them to the beach, and then the walk home "I left her on the beach" are you still in the neighboorhood to pick me up? Deepak maybe says no I`m already at home. So joran walks home and then give him a text message that he arrived think nothing strange about consider the time!

I dont find it odd either. When I worked at a bar in VA the kids who hostessed text messaged each other in the same building. Also, say Deepak used AIM or MSN or something like that. You can be online and get text messages from friends on their cell phones. I message my friend all the time when hes at work via Yahoo.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2005, 01:45:06 PM »

Quote from: "bigpoodle"
Quote from: "Ting"

I think the only American national that Mr. Croe or his family needs to be concerned about is that demented Jug Twitty.

Jug needs to just look after his wife.  That cowboy act does not play everywhere or with everybody.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2005, 01:45:12 PM »

Quote from: "bigpoodle"
Quote from: "Ting"
I hope that Mr. Croes' family will be able to arrange safe conduct for him to an off-island undisclosed location for a while.

As several people have pointed out, there are US nationals currently in Aruba who might wish to do him harm.

Now that his mother has been on TV, and I believe an uncle, it would probably be better if they accompany him.

I think the only American national that Mr. Croe or his family needs to be concerned about is that demented Jug Twitty.

Jug took the time out to send a shout out to one of his idols (Neal Bortz) on Hannity & Colmes the other night. What an asp.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2005, 01:46:18 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "cjm"
Quote from: "gagirl"
David Kock made some interesting comments on CNN's site about timeline info

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

Thanks for the link.

Those records, Kock said, show Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. on the morning Holloway disappeared. In that call, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. About 40 minutes later, Kock said -- about the time it would take him to walk home -- Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe to tell him he had arrived[/i]

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

That particular quote is very suspicious, almost like a planned alibi.  How many guys call or text their friends to let them know they got home?

But this makes more sense to me for I kept wondering if he called Deepak to come get him for a ride home then 40 mins later text messages him nevermind, that would mean Deepak ignored J's first request for a ride home.  If Deepak was still home 40 minutes later or had not arrived to give Joren a lift, did it mean he refused or was taking so long to get there?  Never did understand this part of timeline.  But it is very odd that he would text message only to say he got home.  

Something a bit off on that but cannot put my finger on it.  Question

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2005, 01:48:31 PM »

From Hasibokos, via Rhiel World View:
"Natalee Holloway: Additional Information

Hasibokus is a Dutch blog co-operating with RWV in the reporting around the Natalee Holloway disappearance. In this post, they have translated a Dutch news report, adding some additional information for those interested in learning more as regards certain facets of the case. This article in english is worth the read.

De Telegraaf reports that the authorities have done some investigating and this has lead them to believe that PvdS gave instructions to the 3 boys and told them what version of the story they have to give to the authorities and what they shouldn’t tell. This has also been reported by the respected Dutch news program, NOVA, on Saturday. "

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »

Well, on a positive note we can infer they *do* have evidence against the others?

That's exactly what was reported on Fox...that the judge said there wasn't enough evidence to continue to detain Croes.  

This, in no way, suggests that there's no culpability by Croes; just insufficient evidence based on the increased burden of proof in the Aruban system to keep him locked up any longer.

I'm not sure of the technical threshold required in Aruban law, but it was made clear that there was a greater burden of proof required upon the prosecution to continue to detain Steve Croes, than upon PVDS, due to the length of detention he had already served.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2005, 01:49:04 PM »

I'm sure the hard drives revealed evidence of communications long before SM or anyone else speculated about him.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2005, 01:49:19 PM »

That's why I think Joran's first call to Deepak went to voice mail. If Deepak had said "No, I can't pick you up now," I doubt Joran would have text messaged him 40 minutes later.
LemonDrop
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2005, 01:51:16 PM »

Fox News reporting on a monkey attack, fellow scared monkeys....
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2005, 01:52:10 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News reporting on a monkey attack, fellow scared monkeys....

I just heard that too..lol   YIKES!!  Wink
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2005, 01:52:52 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
From Hasibokos, via Rhiel World View:
"Natalee Holloway: Additional Information

Hasibokus is a Dutch blog co-operating with RWV in the reporting around the Natalee Holloway disappearance. In this post, they have translated a Dutch news report, adding some additional information for those interested in learning more as regards certain facets of the case. This article in english is worth the read.

De Telegraaf reports that the authorities have done some investigating and this has lead them to believe that PvdS gave instructions to the 3 boys and told them what version of the story they have to give to the authorities and what they shouldn’t tell. This has also been reported by the respected Dutch news program, NOVA, on Saturday. "

Just finished reading this too. Talk about valuable information!!!!!
cjm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2005, 01:52:56 PM »

From Hasibokos.com

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

Joran van der Sloot (JvdS)

Hasibokos.com published an interview conducted with a friend of JvdS last week. After we had contact with Dan Riehl, he told us that he believes he had interviewed the same friend before. Joran’s friend had mostly positive things to say about JvdS, but considereing the fact it’s only one source, we are in doubt now about the Joran’s temperament. This is because according to the article in De Telegraaf, Joran has been seing a psychiatrist for some time now because he is short-tempered. This does not match the previous statement of Joran’s friend who said that she never saw JvdS loose his composure on the tennis court. About Jorans reaction when he would loose a tennis match,  she said that Joran would be very disappointed as anyone would be, but he would never burst out and start screaming or show violent behaviour. According to Joran’s friend at those times Joran would just pull himself back a spend time by himself and reflect. Maybe Joran would never loose his temper in public and that why his friend never noted his short temperament. Or maybe he was just doing what his psychiatrist advised him to do in those situations.
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2005, 01:53:33 PM »

There's some interesting reporting on Hasibokos today:
http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

Dutch sources - I believe they would be impartial, and probably closer to the truth than any other MSM.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
carolinagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2005, 01:53:41 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
That's why I think Joran's first call to Deepak went to voice mail. If Deepak had said "No, I can't pick you up now," I doubt Joran would have text messaged him 40 minutes later.

Or Joran could've called for a ride & may have been told, "We're already in bed and home for the night.  Just send me a text message to let me know you made it home okay."
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2005, 01:54:30 PM »

According to Joran’s friend at those times Joran would just pull himself back a spend time by himself and reflect

Might explain the comment by Mrs VDS regarding "yoga" during her interview with Greta.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.