March 28, 2024, 02:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241369 times)
dl3fan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »

Maybe they just said Steve will be released tomorrow at 1:00 but he'll really be released in the wee hours of the morning when hopefully, for his sake, not all of the MSM will be at the jail waiting to pounce on him like a bunch of hyenas!

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2005, 01:55:37 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
There's some interesting reporting on Hasibokos today:
http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

Dutch sources - I believe they would be impartial, and probably closer to the truth than any other MSM.

I agree! Insightful and chilling.
la_cavaličre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2005, 01:55:58 PM »

More from Hasibokos' translation of De Telegraaf article:

Paul van der Sloot (PvdS)
According to the article , PvdS has been living 17 years in Aruba and the last tree years he has been a substitute judge-in-training at the justice department. The department was not impressed with PvdS’ performance trough the years and had already decided internally that he would not be able to continue to function as a judge-in-training. PvdS wasn’t allowed to the conduct court (hearings) anymore and the department has been seeking other internal assignments for him until they found a fitting position for him in the department. De Telegraaf reports that the authorities have done some investigating and this has lead them to believe  that PvdS gave instructions to the 3 boys and told them what version of the story they have to give to the authorities and what they shouldn’t tell. This has also been reported by the respected Dutch news program, NOVA, on Satruday. You can view NOVA's report here (in Dutch)
waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2005, 01:56:13 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News reporting on a monkey attack, fellow scared monkeys....
uh oh...wonder what Arubagirl did at that court house!!!   Laughing
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2005, 01:56:22 PM »

Cast - I saw that too ... I get the impression that Jug loves Fox News and is emulating some of their "personalities" in his approach to the media. Guess I can't blame him given the horror he's dealing with but I sure don't like him.

I was looking yesterday for info on a study I had seen - can't find it anywhere - but someone did a study which talked about how they are now seeing witnesses and victim's of awful things (crime, fire, etc) respond in ways that pattern the tv coverage of these events - the sensationalizing of coverage of crime, etc has created an american cultural model of how we are supposed to act and people in that stress go on a kind of  autopilot to that model. It's one of the things that's interesting about BTH since we have not seen her do any of the "standard"  missing child mother speeches or such - (note to all - I am not criticizing her for this!) One of the things that makes her such good TV and therefore gets her so much coverage is that she is outside that model I think - which is a good thing for her search.

I think Jug sees himself as sorta the "star" of the coverage and is "playing" OReilly, et al ... again, not the standard model and certainly less likeable to some of us.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2005, 01:58:04 PM »

Quote from: "dl3fan"
Maybe they just said Steve will be released tomorrow at 1:00 but he'll really be released in the wee hours of the morning when hopefully, for his sake, not all of the MSM will be at the jail waiting to pounce on him like a bunch of hyenas!

Unless the authorities have restricted his travel until further notice, I would lean to believe he'll be joining his mother back to Curacao on the first available flight.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2005, 01:58:12 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "HannieC"
Why not? If you don`t want the friend to wake up from a phonecall again it sounds good to me that you sms then. The phonecall I can imagen b/c he just saw him if deepak brought them to the beach, and then the walk home "I left her on the beach" are you still in the neighboorhood to pick me up? Deepak maybe says no I`m already at home. So joran walks home and then give him a text message that he arrived think nothing strange about consider the time!

I dont find it odd either. When I worked at a bar in VA the kids who hostessed text messaged each other in the same building. Also, say Deepak used AIM or MSN or something like that. You can be online and get text messages from friends on their cell phones. I message my friend all the time when hes at work via Yahoo.

Text messaging is popular here with young people, but my daughter spent last year studying in London AND she said that's all they do in Europe.  It's the most popular mode of communicating.
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2005, 01:58:37 PM »

Dutch sources - I believe they would be impartial, and probably closer to the truth than any other MSM.

Thay's Explosive!

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2005, 02:00:01 PM »

thanks Getagrip -  the original story which was subsequently pulled by AP but iquitos has a link to where it was published in aruba (somewhere) is close to what the authorities seem to believe according to Hasibokos translation -

What happened to Natalee?
According to the article, the detectives believe strongly that Natalee was taken to the light house located at the Northern part of Aruba by the 3 young suspects.  Once they were there it is believed that these suspects tried to engage in sexual activity with the Natalee, but she most likely refused and tried to fight them off. She was consequently murdered (during the struggle) and her body was then dumped somewhere on the island or in the sea.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2005, 02:01:25 PM »

Thats a great article that puts the blame on the original 3 suspects.

Innocent people dont lie.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2005, 02:01:32 PM »

Quote from: "coco"

I was looking yesterday for info on a study I had seen - can't find it anywhere - but someone did a study which talked about how they are now seeing witnesses and victim's of awful things (crime, fire, etc) respond in ways that pattern the tv coverage of these events - the sensationalizing of coverage of crime, etc has created an american cultural model of how we are supposed to act and people in that stress go on a kind of  autopilot to that model. It's one of the things that's interesting about BTH since we have not seen her do any of the "standard"  missing child mother speeches or such - (note to all - I am not criticizing her for this!) One of the things that makes her such good TV and therefore gets her so much coverage is that she is outside that model I think - which is a good thing for her search.

Perhaps that is because Beth knows that her her daughter is not "missing".
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2005, 02:01:47 PM »

loves Fox News and is emulating some of their "personalities" in his approach.

Isn't Fox the most popular of the three cable news stations? It is interesting that Fox is not seen in Aruba. Do they get CNN? At one time, there were some countries who were getting Fox but not CNN. Pakistan, for one, and I forget the others.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2005, 02:03:30 PM »

Per Fox..  reporting that Steve Croes has to be released tomorrow because thats when his 8 day incriment is up at 2 pm..
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2005, 02:03:32 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
loves Fox News and is emulating some of their "personalities" in his approach.

Isn't Fox the most popular of the three cable news stations? It is interesting that Fox is not seen in Aruba. Do they get CNN? At one time, there were some countries who were getting Fox but not CNN. Pakistan, for one, and I forget the others.

Ting, I live in Canada and we just recently got FOX News Channel (thankfully!), but have had CNN for quite a long time.

CNN is more international, and available in more countries than FOX. EDITED to add: FOX is the most watched in the US, but may not hold views that are 'popular' (sotoaspeak, as Mike would say) internationally, imo.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2005, 02:05:04 PM »

Quote from: "dl3fan"

The important thing  is My  Baby    is coming Home Very Happy
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »

<<It also is kind of different that he is just not released now.>>

Maybe they don't want him telling his story until tomorrow for some good strategic reason.  

I'm really grasping for signs that Aruban LE has a real plan.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2005, 02:05:13 PM »

CNN is more international, and available in more countries than FOX.

Thanks, Getagrip. What I meant was, isn't Fox the most popular with Americans?
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2005, 02:06:03 PM »

Article in De Telegraaf (Sunday) In a recent full-page article in De Telegraaf (biggest newspaper in The Netherlands), they dedicated attention to the Natelee Holloway’s disappearance and the suspected involvement of the Dutch judge-in-training Paul van der Sloot and his son Joran. The article covered mostly all the events since the disappearance of Natalee but there were also a few statements that were not (broadly/publicly) reported before.

What happened to Natalee?
According to the article, the detectives believe strongly that Natalee was taken to the light house located at the Northern part of Aruba by the 3 young suspects.  Once they were there it is believed that these suspects tried to engage in sexual activity with the Natalee, but she most likely refused and tried to fight them off. She was consequently murdered (during the struggle) and her body was then dumped somewhere on the island or in the sea.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2005, 02:06:37 PM »

I prefer Fox some people dont. Actually I dont wanna open a political debate here lol. So Ill leave it at that.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2005, 02:06:48 PM »

Yep...edited my post above Smile

EDITED to add: FOX is the most watched in the US, but may not hold views that are 'popular' (sotoaspeak, as Mike would say) internationally, imo.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.