April 18, 2024, 05:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 242054 times)
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:08 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "coco"
loves Fox News and is emulating some of their "personalities" in his approach.

Isn't Fox the most popular of the three cable news stations? It is interesting that Fox is not seen in Aruba. Do they get CNN? At one time, there were some countries who were getting Fox but not CNN. Pakistan, for one, and I forget the others.

Fox is so USA-centric, I don't know how interesting it would be to people outside the US. In Mexico, it is available on the SKY sat system, along with CNN Intl, DW, TVE and a couple of others.
carolinagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:10 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
thanks Getagrip - and according to what Hasibokos the original story which was subsequently pulled by AP but iquitos has a link to where it was published in aruba (somewhere) is close to what the authorities seem to believe according to Hasibokos translation -

What happened to Natalee?
According to the article, the detectives believe strongly that Natalee was taken to the light house located at the Northern part of Aruba by the 3 young suspects.  Once they were there it is believed that these suspects tried to engage in sexual activity with the Natalee, but she most likely refused and tried to fight them off. She was consequently murdered (during the struggle) and her body was then dumped somewhere on the island or in the sea.

If this is true, then Joran's original "cover" story at school could've been about a girl (NH) drowning.  If he knew the body was dumped at sea, then he would expect it to surface at some point.  Hence, making up the drowning story to cover his butt.  After he started talking at school the next day, PVDS came to pick him up,  and this could be the point at which Joran was "coached. "   The other storied surfaced, and the drowning story was never mentioned again.
LemonDrop
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:45 PM »

I prefer Fox. My Dad calls CNN "Communist News Network".  Ummm, not to start a political discourse either, that's another thread. But just sayin'....   Laughing
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2005, 02:08:30 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
CNN is more international, and available in more countries than FOX.

Thanks, Getagrip. What I meant was, isn't Fox the most popular with Americans?

I would not say that.  It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2005, 02:08:56 PM »

Paul van der Sloot (PvdS)

According to the article , PvdS has been living 17 years in Aruba and the last three years he has been a substitute judge-in-training at the justice department. The department was not impressed with PvdS’ performance through the years and had already decided internally that he would not be able to continue to function as a judge-in-training. PvdS wasn’t allowed to the conduct court (hearings) anymore and the department has been seeking other internal assignments for him until they found a fitting position for him in the department. De Telegraaf reports that the authorities have done some investigating and this has lead them to believe  that PvdS gave instructions to the 3 boys and told them what version of the story they have to give to the authorities and what they shouldn’t tell. This has also been reported by the respected Dutch news program, NOVA, on Saturday.

Perhaps someone in the Netherlands can answer this...

Does PVDS have a guaranteed lifetime contract?

What does it take for the Dutch government to terminate his employment?
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2005, 02:09:20 PM »

Could anyone clarify the dating of the Haisi... link - it says on the page and in the url that it's a blog entry fromm 6/11/05?

and SandraK - care to say more re My Baby is coming home?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2005, 02:09:45 PM »

Quote from: "carolinagirl"
thanks Getagrip - and according to what Hasibokos the original story which was subsequently pulled by AP but iquitos has a link to where it was published in aruba (somewhere) is close to what the authorities seem to believe according to Hasibokos translation -

According to the article, the detectives believe strongly that Natalee was taken to the light house located at the Northern part of Aruba by the 3 young suspects.  Once they were there it is believed that these suspects tried to engage in sexual activity with the Natalee, but she most likely refused and tried to fight them off. She was consequently murdered (during the struggle) and her body was then dumped somewhere on the island or in the sea.

If this is true, then Joran's original "cover" story at school could've been about a girl (NH) drowning.  If he knew the body was dumped at sea, then he would expect it to surface at some point.  Hence, making up the drowning story to cover his butt.  After he started talking at school the next day, PVDS came to pick him up,  and this could be the point at which Joran was "coached. "   The other storied surfaced, and the drowning story was never mentioned again.

it would also explain his good friends' Satish and Deepak "covering" for him...they were there  Sad

The state of the condition insults my intuition
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2005, 02:09:53 PM »

Thats very plausible. Ok so if he was planning to say she drowned. If they threw here simply there near the lighthouse, would the current there pull her body out by itself?

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2005, 02:10:17 PM »

I would not say that. It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view

I watch Fox because of Shep Smith and Rick Leventhal.  What's that make me? Smile
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2005, 02:10:29 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "coco"

I was looking yesterday for info on a study I had seen - can't find it anywhere - but someone did a study which talked about how they are now seeing witnesses and victim's of awful things (crime, fire, etc) respond in ways that pattern the tv coverage of these events - the sensationalizing of coverage of crime, etc has created an american cultural model of how we are supposed to act and people in that stress go on a kind of  autopilot to that model. It's one of the things that's interesting about BTH since we have not seen her do any of the "standard"  missing child mother speeches or such - (note to all - I am not criticizing her for this!) One of the things that makes her such good TV and therefore gets her so much coverage is that she is outside that model I think - which is a good thing for her search.

Perhaps that is because Beth knows that her her daughter is not "missing".

It was noted yeterday on this board that Beth has been on local Aruba TV doing the "standard" missing child mother speeches.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2005, 02:10:42 PM »

I think its safe to say anything that Joran (pronounced URINE) says is one big lie, especially concerning Natalie.  So we at least know she didnt drown.

Innocent people dont lie.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2005, 02:10:44 PM »

Quote from: "katya"

Fox is so USA-centric, I don't know how interesting it would be to people outside the US.

I assume that because it is the most popular, it is interesting because it gives a more representative view of the culture.

Sorry, this should probably be in the media forum. Smile
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2005, 02:10:44 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
CNN is more international, and available in more countries than FOX.

Thanks, Getagrip. What I meant was, isn't Fox the most popular with Americans?

I would not say that.  It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view.

Of the cable news networks (Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, CNBC), Fox's ratings are generally equal to or greater than the other four channels combined.
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2005, 02:12:04 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "dl3fan"
Maybe they just said Steve will be released tomorrow at 1:00 but he'll really be released in the wee hours of the morning when hopefully, for his sake, not all of the MSM will be at the jail waiting to pounce on him like a bunch of hyenas!

The important thing  is My  Baby    is coming Home Very Happy

You know Steve?

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »

Sorry, this should probably be in the media forum.

It's ok, Ting. Since some of posters don't have Fox, we've been ok with Fox discussion here - they're covering the news more extensively than anybody else.
la_cavaličre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2005, 02:13:41 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"
I prefer Fox. My Dad calls CNN "Communist News Network".  Ummm, not to start a political discourse either, that's another thread. But just sayin'....   Laughing

And Fox is known as Faux News.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2005, 02:13:52 PM »

We have no confirmed reports that Joran said anything at school beyond his mother saying that he was talking about the case and the headmaster talked to her to have him cut it out- Paulus then spoke to him

I'm sure he was talking about it and that everyone else was too but there's no report that he either bragged about having sex with her or that she drowned from a confirmable source.
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2005, 02:14:31 PM »

Quote from: "katya"

Fox is so USA-centric, I don't know how interesting it would be to people outside the US.

I assume that because it is the most popular, it is interesting because it gives a more representative view of the culture.

Sorry, this should probably be in the media forum. Smile

It mostly just covers stories not interesting to non americans. For example, I haven't seen a single mention of this story in the Mexican media, there is probably stuff in some of the papers, especially tabloid syle ones like Alarma, but nothing at all on TV.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavaličre"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"

And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:41 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL  of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

I do not know where you get this information, but that is absolutely not true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.