March 29, 2024, 02:26:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241481 times)
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:49 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Could anyone clarify the dating of the Haisi... link - it says on the page and in the url that it's a blog entry fromm 6/11/05?

and SandraK - care to say more re My Baby is coming home?

Please
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:50 PM »

I do not believe that Joran ever said Natalee drowned. He surely would have contacted police if this happened, or summoned someone for help.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2005, 02:15:51 PM »

Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:16 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

It's ok, Ting. Since some of posters don't have Fox, we've been ok with Fox discussion here - they're covering the news more extensively than anybody else.

They have definitely reported more on the Natalee story than the others, especially in the past week.

The last few days, though, even Fox seems to be devoting less time to it. I would say maybe because there have been fewer developments, but that has not stopped them in the past! Wink

edit to change more to less, distracted by shark attack report on Fox!
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »

Perhaps that is because Beth knows that her her daughter is not "missing".

Interesting.

But why, then, would Natalee's family request the assistance of Texas Equusearch?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "HannieC"
I guess an sms is traceble an a phonecall also, so they can`t lie about that I think and kids sms all the time so that doesn`t sound strange to me if he did that

I agree Hannie.. I dont think it being unusual for a kid..even a male to text message a buddy.. my son does it also.. but who knows! I guess they do have cellphone records.. and they can read the text messages perhaps.

I agree that text messaging is just what kids do - heck, I'm 26 and I do it all of the time.  But, I do think it would be unusual for Joran to email Depak at 3:00?, 3:30? a.m. just to tell him that he was at home.  The only way that would make sense is if it was how another poster mentioned - "thought you were coming to pick me up?  Don't bother - i'm at home," type of scenario.
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

PvdS was appointed until 1 Jan 2006 as i recall...

The state of the condition insults my intuition
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2005, 02:17:40 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
I would not say that. It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view
I watch Fox because of Shep Smith and Rick Leventhal.  What's that make me? Smile

I try not to label people.  It is just my humble opinion that the news on FOX tends to be presented from a more conservative perspective.  In no way am I trying to start a political debate...just stating my opinion, to which we are all entitled.

Personally, I only watch FOX for Greta and to see conservative perspective of the news so I have a better understanding of how "the other side" thinks.  I'll freely admit I am liberal, so I view the station, in general terms, as a conservatively-skewed station.  THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.  I prefer CNN because IT IS MY OPINION that they present news from a less politically biased perspective.  BUT I WENT OFF TOPIC HERE....sorry.   Embarassed

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2005, 02:17:53 PM »

EdwinW, can you clarify what you know about the testimony from family members?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2005, 02:18:36 PM »

Quote from: "LostinTime"
Could anyone clarify the dating of the Haisi... link - it says on the page and in the url that it's a blog entry fromm 6/11/05?

and SandraK - care to say more re My Baby is coming home?

Please

the link is:

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

The state of the condition insults my intuition
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2005, 02:18:47 PM »

Quote from: "newshound"
Perhaps that is because Beth knows that her her daughter is not "missing".

Interesting.

But why, then, would Natalee's family request the assistance of Texas Equusearch?

I think that BHT is holding onto hope her daughter is alive. Anyone whose ever dealt with a missing child situation would be the first to tell you it is very difficult to believe anything else. I think they  brought in the search team to find her whether it be alive or passed on. The TX group is searching the water and ground. I dont think they expect by searching the water they are going to find her alive and swimming in the sea. JMO

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"
I prefer Fox. My Dad calls CNN "Communist News Network".  Ummm, not to start a political discourse either, that's another thread. But just sayin'....   Laughing

And Fox is known as Faux News.

I would say, they all have their upside and their downside, it just depends on how you feel about any given issue and how they present it.   That is one of the reasons that I hate "labels".   I don't think you can paint all Americans with the same broad brush, nor do I believe in painting any group of individuals with the same brush, no matter where they live.

{edit:  My Avatar.. it looked as though many of us were going for the "monkey" type.. so I picked my favorite singing group of the late 60, early 70's}

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2005, 02:19:16 PM »

puggy, no harm done.  I was just saying that I watch because of those 2, that's all.  You're right IMO that it does lean toward the right, and always has.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL  of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

I do not know where you get this information, but that is absolutely not true.

Can you clarify the law?  It's been reported and written about as an extended privilege.  Can you give us the exact law used on Aruba?
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2005, 02:20:02 PM »

Joran van der Sloot (JvdS)

Joran’s friend had mostly positive things to say about JvdS, but considereing the fact it’s only one source, we are in doubt now about the Joran’s temperament. This is because according to the article in De Telegraaf, Joran has been seing a psychiatrist for some time now because he is short-tempered. This does not match the previous statement of Joran’s friend who said that she never saw JvdS loose his composure on the tennis court. About Jorans reaction when he would loose a tennis match,  she said that Joran would be very disappointed as anyone would be, but he would never burst out and start screaming or show violent behaviour. According to Joran’s friend at those times Joran would just pull himself back a spend time by himself and reflect. Maybe Joran would never loose his temper in public and that why his friend never noted his short temperament. Or maybe he was just doing what his psychiatrist advised him to do in those situations.

Kind of like the disturbed, loose screw, Ron Artest, who, in a bizarre-like manner, went and laid down on the scorer's table as a fight he was involved in erupted.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »

Does anyone remember where the post is from yesterday about the family privilege?  Someone from the Netherlands or Aruba posted the law. I'm going to try and find it.
carolinagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2005, 02:21:53 PM »

We have no confirmed reports that Joran said anything at school beyond his mother saying that he was talking about the case and the headmaster talked to her to have him cut it out- Paulus then spoke to him

I'm sure he was talking about it and that everyone else was too but there's no report that he either bragged about having sex with her or that she drowned from a confirmable source.

I know the school talk is rumor and conjecture, but there have been some rumors that have turned out to be true.  If it is true, then it would fit w./ the theory on hasibokos.  Also, he was obviously saying something about NH b/c it  prompted the headmaster and his parents to get involved.  Normally, headmasters/principals only get involved in more serious issues w/. the parents.  The trivial/day-to-day things are usually left up to the teachers to handle.
ScubaSteve
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2005, 02:22:02 PM »

iiii
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »

Didn't Mrs. Anita refer to that in her interview with Greta? When she was asked about the anger management thing, she said she "sent him there" if I remember correctly, and I can't remember the rest of her exact words but my impression was that the father was away, working, etc. a lot, and she had her hands full.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:20 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

I found this by doing a google search of "steve croes" and "sandra"

http://www.bloggie.nl/archives/sandra_k_bekend.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.