March 28, 2024, 05:27:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241429 times)
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:31 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Does anyone remember where the post is from yesterday about the family privilege?  Someone from the Netherlands or Aruba posted the law. I'm going to try and find it.

I think it was from yesterday afternoon or morning bc I saw it too and thats when I saw on. Hope it helps. Happy searching  Very Happy

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

I Best keep  Quiet.
  He is a   Great guy .I always believed in him.
..Nuff said Very Happy
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:57 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
I would not say that. It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view

I watch Fox because of Shep Smith and Rick Leventhal.  What's that make me? Smile

Weird??  Very Happy
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
CNN is more international, and available in more countries than FOX.

Thanks, Getagrip. What I meant was, isn't Fox the most popular with Americans?

I would not say that.  It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view.

Of the cable news networks (Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, CNBC), Fox's ratings are generally equal to or greater than the other four channels combined.

I wouldn't know because I don't track media ratings.  I am just going by my own humble "news junky" American status.  From the people I know and interact with regularly where I live in Northern VA, outside the seat of the federal gov't, FOX and MSNBC are viewed as more sensationalistic and at opposite ends of the political spectrum, although each carries a show or two more appealing to the opposite end of the spectrum - for example, conservative Scarborough & Tucker on MSNBC.  CNN tends to offer more international news stories, just in my opinion.  Again, we are straying OFF TOPIC.  But I would not say that Fox is more popular than MSNBC and CNN.  I wouldn't mind a link to the media rankings where you found that info.  Not to start anything, just curious.   Smile Feel free to PM me.  I respect your posts and your point of view.  Smile

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2005, 02:24:06 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL  of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

I do not know where you get this information, but that is absolutely not true.

Can you clarify the law?  It's been reported and written about as an extended privilege.  Can you give us the exact law used on Aruba?

The attorney from aruba explained it as you can testify what you saw regarding a crime involving a family member, but you cant testify about anything they told you.   Something to that affect.

Innocent people dont lie.
cjm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2005, 02:24:49 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
Quote from: "LostinTime"
Quote from: "coco"
Could anyone clarify the dating of the Haisi... link - it says on the page and in the url that it's a blog entry fromm 6/11/05?

and SandraK - care to say more re My Baby is coming home?

Please

the link is:

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

The stories on this page appear to be from yesterdays De Telegraaf.

http://telegraaf-i.telegraaf.nl/daily/2005/6/25/TE/TE_2S_20050625_5/pagina.php
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

If that is correct what you write, then it is different from the Dutch law.
(there are some differences between the law of Aruba and The Netherlands). I'll try to find an article on that.
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2005, 02:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "RB"
I would not say that. It is my personal opinion that Fox is favored by AMericans who tend to have more conservative/Republican political view
I watch Fox because of Shep Smith and Rick Leventhal.  What's that make me? Smile

I try not to label people.  It is just my humble opinion that the news on FOX tends to be presented from a more conservative perspective.  In no way am I trying to start a political debate...just stating my opinion, to which we are all entitled.

Personally, I only watch FOX for Greta and to see conservative perspective of the news so I have a better understanding of how "the other side" thinks.  I'll freely admit I am liberal, so I view the station, in general terms, as a conservatively-skewed station.  THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.  I prefer CNN because IT IS MY OPINION that they present news from a less politically biased perspective.  BUT I WENT OFF TOPIC HERE....sorry.   Embarassed

I am a news junky and I totally agree with you.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

CarolinaGirl - agreed that some rumors are true - just being careful that I remember what's reported at what level of "fact" basis -esp as we see Steve Croes released - look what's been said about him as "rumor"

Haisibo... link - sorry I was not clear - I was simply asking about the date of that report - it looks like it was posted on 6/11/05 and so might reflect solely the "stories" of what happened circulating at that time (lighthouse reference) rather than be the latest thinking of the investigators.

and I am carefully avoiding the Fox News discussions but NancyDrew knows how I feel ... she and I are going into Fox Rehab when this is over!
carolinagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2005, 02:26:12 PM »

Quote from: "newshound"
Perhaps that is because Beth knows that her her daughter is not "missing".

Interesting.

But why, then, would Natalee's family request the assistance of Texas Equusearch?

I think someone on Natalee's father's side of the family arranged the Equusearch.  Her father and step-mother were on FOX saying at this point, they're not sure N is alive.  Her mother, BHT, and stepfather, Jug, are holding out hope she was kidnapped and still alive.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2005, 02:26:16 PM »

Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

I found this by doing a google search of "steve croes" and "sandra"

http://www.bloggie.nl/archives/sandra_k_bekend.html

Thanks Scott.. I checked it out.. but of course cant read a word! I sent her a PM.. no reply as of yet.. and now since she used the "MY BABY" term and others asked about it.. shes disapearred!!
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2005, 02:26:48 PM »

The sandra in the other blog mentioned is the girl who`s accusing a soccerplayer here of raping her

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2005, 02:27:40 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "EdwinW"
Quote from: "Louise"
Note to self;

If ever I commit a crime, I will email or text all my enemies a suspicious email sort of like "thanks for your help and keep your trap closed, you are involved now you know"

Or, if you ever commit a crime under Dutch law, make sure it's a family deal...cuz' ALL  of the family members are protected from tesitfying against the others.....amazing.

I do not know where you get this information, but that is absolutely not true.

Can you clarify the law?  It's been reported and written about as an extended privilege.  Can you give us the exact law used on Aruba?

The attorney from aruba explained it as you can testify what you saw regarding a crime involving a family member, but you cant testify about anything they told you.   Something to that affect.

Yes I took it to mean that say Joran went home and said Dad I need to confide something in you. That his father could not be made to testify in what Joran may have confided. However if he witnessed it with his own eyes he would have to. It was sorta confusing.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2005, 02:27:55 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"

I Best keep  Quiet.
  He is a   Great guy .I always believed in him.
..Nuff said Very Happy

Ok.. thats respectable.. I guess you answered all of our questions with that answer!!
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »

I found this by doing a google search of "steve croes" and "sandra"

http://www.bloggie.nl/archives/sandra_k_bekend.html

LMAO..trust me...That is NOT me..LOL..LOL
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2005, 02:29:18 PM »

Quote from: "cjm"
Quote from: "mojo"
Quote from: "LostinTime"
Could anyone clarify the dating of the Haisi... link - it says on the page and in the url that it's a blog entry fromm 6/11/05?

and SandraK - care to say more re My Baby is coming home?

Please

the link is:

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

The stories on this page appear to be from yesterdays De Telegraaf.

Joran had to be pretty determined and persistant in his persuit of Natalee if all of the reports of him getting acquainted with her early on during her trip,

following her around, showing up in the locations where she was present,

having confrontations with her step-cousins,

and then what the Netherland's  De Telegraaf has reported.
mordred
Scared Monkey

« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2005, 02:31:49 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"

And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.[/quote]

I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2005, 02:33:30 PM »

Hmmmmm  per fox...   Kalpoe brothers attorney on now.. saying that JVDS told the boys what to say... interesting huh?
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »

Quote from: "GuyWdog"
I can only think of how this poor guy has had his life almost ruined by all this mess. GUILTY by ASSOCIATION, it's terrible. Some of the things that I have seen on here being posted about this Croes guys just makes me sick. What if it was you rather than him? he lost his name, reputation, income, and now will forever be associated with this issue. This is ONLY the beginning, many other's Lives will be tarnished because of this. All I can think is that Poor Kalpoe's mother and her grief, there are so many innocnet victims on both sides. There's too much Sensational discussion on here and not enough reasonable theorization. I guess the reason being is that little if any information has come out.

GuyWdog...wondering if any of you will now apologise for the stuff you wrote about Croes?

I totally agree. IF they are all innocent, their names and photos are everywhere. They have no privacy at all. That is the reason (under Dutch law) we:
- Do not report the last name of a suspect (not even murderers)
- Do not publish a clear photo of a suspect

After all: innocent until proven otherwise .....
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2005, 02:34:35 PM »

Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "momto5"

And Fox is known as Faux News.

lol. I liked Fox before it was "popular". My mom calls CNN Communist News network too, I never understood the debate on this to be honest. I just like to people on Fox better then the ones on CNN or MSNBC.

I'll tell you whats wrong with FOX; I once saw O'reilly tell a blatant lie when he knew it was a lie!! He quoted from a non-existent "Paris Business Review Journal" to support some argument he was having with somebody.

I also heard that a study found out that the more you watch FOX news- the dumber  you become!! Among the study's observations was how people who use FOX as their primary news source are more likely to hold onto beliefs that have been proven not to be true.[/quote]
well I hope thats not true otherwise most of us here are gonna be real stupid by the time this case is over considering they are the ones with the most coverage  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.