March 28, 2024, 04:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241379 times)
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2005, 03:02:13 PM »

inthepacific, I've had that feeling for a while too.  If not both brothers, at least Satish.  I also think there may be truth to the theory that all 3 of them are responsible for what happened to Natalee.  But I really have begun to think that the 2 were protecting Joran in the beginning before they realized how very serious it was and how deep they would be drug into it and are now telling the truth.
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2005, 03:04:05 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"
Deepak and Satish should be charged with fingering innocent security guards, and then not speaking up when two innocent men were picked up based upon what they told police.  In addition, this diversion gave the perp/s time to get rid of evidence.  If nothing more their lies have hurt:

1) Their mother
2) Natalee's family
3) Security guards and parents
4) Aruba

If they told the truth from the beginning I think this story may have played out much differently.

Absolutely:  Obstruction of Justice

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2005, 03:04:56 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
There are jounalistic standards for blogging and these guidelines should be follwed if blogs want to find regular respect.

I don't know, nancy, I think they are getting respect, otherwise you wouldn't have cable news channels dedicating special interest stories to them (e.g. CNN's blog spots.) I am curious (because I really don't know) where these journalistic guidelines for blogs are communicated, unless you are simply speaking of journalistic integrity in a generalized sense as applied to blogs?  I'm confused, help me out...

As I said I am a fan of blogs...but, like any other form of communication, long term respect comes from an authentic trust between reader and publication/blog. Rumors and innuendo don't gain trust.  Blogs are gaining respect, but those who want to be more than a flash in the pan IMO need to follow basic journalistic guidelines.

http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/000215.php

The blogs that have broken huge stories all have gained this trust and continue to do so.

I personally think forums need to take on a few of these rules as well. I don't think it's o.k. to throw around innocent people's names without some iota of fact at the root.
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:11 PM »

I see it.  Thanks for the footage Bill
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "arrabba"
Deepak and Satish should be charged with fingering innocent security guards, and then not speaking up when two innocent men were picked up based upon what they told police.  In addition, this diversion gave the perp/s time to get rid of evidence.  If nothing more their lies have hurt:

1) Their mother
2) Natalee's family
3) Security guards and parents
4) Aruba

If they told the truth from the beginning I think this story may have played out much differently.

that is why I think they should be punished even if they didnt hurt natalie directly.

Absolutely.  At this point, if they are completely innocent of any wrong doing with Natalee, they are what led to 2 innocent people being detained for days and an investigation growing cold very quickly.  That, to me, should be punished.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:23 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
inthepacific, I've had that feeling for a while too.  If not both brothers, at least Satish.  I also think there may be truth to the theory that all 3 of them are responsible for what happened to Natalee.  But I really have begun to think that the 2 were protecting Joran in the beginning before they realized how very serious it was and how deep they would be drug into it and are now telling the truth.

My what a few weeks sleeping on concrete without decent necessities can do when you are taking the rap for someone else!
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:24 PM »

Quote from: "papito"
Mr. Paul van der Sloot is da chief justice on da island (he is da boss of the judges) it's because of that, that the Chief Justice of Curacao has to come to the island to follow and make the choices in the case.
I agree that there is something fishy about the whole thing, but it's unfair how the world now look at Aruba.
We are very caring and loving people. In the States much worse things happen and after sometimes 10 /20 years they crack the case. Give the arubians a little bit of slack. Don't forget that we are surrounded by sea if they dumped (IF THEY DID) her body in the sea. The sharkes would have already eaten the body. And if the suspects shut up and don't talk than the case will close and they will go out free. And don't forget either that paul is a chief justice he knows the law like you guys know the songs they play on MTV. It's not easy to crack a chief justice.

A Police officer of The sunny happy Island of Aruba

Hi papito Smile

We are not looking negatively at the island of Aruba. We are concerned that there are people in custody who may be involved in trying to get away with a crime.

EDITED to add: Natalee's family just wants to find her and bring her back home where she belongs - I think we can all identify with that!

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Sobelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:37 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Quote from: "Sobelle"
EdwinW

Would you know if in Dutch law, when a person is being held and interrogated and its before a trial begins  that you are not required by law to say a anything but when you go to trial you are required to answer questions?
Thanks

Answer to both questions: no
But in court if you answer a question you must tell the truth. If you lie, you will be put behind bars for several years.

During interrogation you are allowed to speak but you are not forced to speak. Some even denies to speak at all. With modern techniques it is possible to "break" the morale of a suspect to talk (long interrogations, pushing things, tell someone stories about his children who misses him, etc). The police is under no circumvences allowed to use any physical violence.

That's also the reason why a trial also need "hard" evidence like DNA, traces, etc. During a trial they also may need confessions or witnesses.

EdwinW - Thank you for answering my post.  The answer is most interesting.

iquitos- Thank you
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2005, 03:05:43 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Bill"
I just posted a clip from our home movie (taken that same week as Natalee was there) so you can get some persepective on the relationship of the lighthouse to the Holiday Inn:
Home Movie

Thanks Bill..!! I have a feeling its gonna take awhile to load for me.. its loading now and my PC is running very slow!  Thanks for posting that!!

You're welcome!  Sorry it took so long to transfer the movies my my PC.  Perhaps I should render a streaming version, too?  That may help with the download time.
bob_in_MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2005, 03:06:20 PM »

I had hoped that the psychological impact of being transferred from the police jail to the prison might have made one or more them crack and confess any involvement they might had.  It didn't.

Now I am hoping that the shock of seeing his father (a respected official on the island) jailed, might lead Joran to confess.  

Who knows?

The worse-case scenario is that we've spent the last month arresting the wrong people and chasing down false leads.  I don't even wanna think about that.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2005, 03:06:33 PM »

Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
I have seen no indication that the US government is firmly in charge of anything having to do with this case.

It is hard to respond to that properly without discussing US foreign policy, which would be off topic.

Maybe Robert Burns can help.

Ah wad Pow’r, the giftie gie us…to see ourselves as ithers see us
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2005, 03:07:58 PM »

Didn't I read on here somewhere or hear on MSM that there is no "obstruction" charge in Aruba?
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2005, 03:08:21 PM »

Papito, Paul van der Sloot is not the chief justice... he was just a judge in training, and it appears that he was turned down for a judgeship position.
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2005, 03:08:41 PM »

Mr. Paul van der Sloot is da chief justice on da island (he is da boss of the judges) it's because of that, that the Chief Justice of Curacao has to come to the island to follow and make the choices in the case.
I agree that there is something fishy about the whole thing, but it's unfair how the world now look at Aruba.
We are very caring and loving people. In the States much worse things happen and after sometimes 10 /20 years they crack the case. Give the arubians a little bit of slack. Don't forget that we are surrounded by sea if they dumped (IF THEY DID) her body in the sea. The sharkes would have already eaten the body. And if the suspects shut up and don't talk than the case will close and they will go out free. And don't forget either that paul is a chief justice he knows the law like you guys know the songs they play on MTV. It's not easy to crack a chief justice.

This has to be a JOKE!

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2005, 03:08:48 PM »

You do not but unfortunatly many of your fellow country man do ! I am apealed by people who say lets invade or boycott Aruba or curcaoe.
Quote from: "Getagrip"

Hi papito Smile

We are not looking negatively at the island of Aruba. We are concerned that there are people in custody who may be involved in trying to get away with a crime.

EDITED to add: Natalee's family just wants to find her and bring her back home where she belongs - I think we can all identify with that!

Only the facts
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

We certainly are!!!   More , please.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2005, 03:10:35 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
here is some english description of the legal process

http://www.xs4all.nl/~advocare/folder60.htm#4.

Thank you iquitos. Very straightforward (and with cute little pictures, too.) Smile  Since Croes was first up to bat today and will be released, then he is probably what....completely innocent, perhaps a witness?  Has it happened that someone's been arrested, released and re-arrested later?
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "EdwinW"
Did someone ever mentioned that the name "Greta van Susteren" is a typical Dutch name ?

Yep, that was my first thought when she first became involved in the case. However, she is American, and I doubt that she speaks Dutch. She can't pronounce 'Joran' properly, and I think at the beginning she was mispronouncing 'van der Sloot'.

I do think that her Dutch name has given her more inroad into getting people on camera, than any other reporter down in Aruba.

Perhaps her great great father is Dutch. About 100 years ago many immigrants arrived at Ellis Island, NY. I searched the website but did not find information on that. Anyway, there many Dutch influences ... more than you probably know Very Happy The family of former president Theodore Roosevelt is ... Dutch.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: June 26, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

I personally think forums need to take on a few of these rules as well. I don't think it's o.k. to throw around innocent people's names without some iota of fact at the root.

Ditto.  In a forum, it is possible to pass on innocent people's phone numbers and urge action against them.  Kinda hard to gain respect for that.  A lot of bright and considerate people often contribute to a forum, but one dumb contributor takes everyone down a notch.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: June 26, 2005, 03:11:38 PM »

Avatar question: Where do you get your avatars? I went to an avatar site, but my security program alerted me that they were trying to send me a Trojan! Also other avatars and small pix I've downloaded are too big.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.