April 16, 2024, 05:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241906 times)
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: June 26, 2005, 03:11:57 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
You do not but unfortunatly many of your fellow country man do ! I am apealed by people who say lets invade or boycott Aruba or curcaoe.

First of all, bendex, I am CANADIAN, and not AMERICAN.

The boycott Aruba people are in the minority. I'm sure you would be able to arrive at the same conclusion from reading on this message board.

Instead of being so concerned about how they are being perceived, Aruban LE has to focus on solving this case.

Thank you for your understanding.

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "papito"
Mr. Paul van der Sloot is da chief justice on da island (he is da boss of the judges) it's because of that, that the Chief Justice of Curacao has to come to the island to follow and make the choices in the case.
I agree that there is something fishy about the whole thing, but it's unfair how the world now look at Aruba.
We are very caring and loving people. In the States much worse things happen and after sometimes 10 /20 years they crack the case. Give the arubians a little bit of slack. Don't forget that we are surrounded by sea if they dumped (IF THEY DID) her body in the sea. The sharkes would have already eaten the body. And if the suspects shut up and don't talk than the case will close and they will go out free. And don't forget either that paul is a chief justice he knows the law like you guys know the songs they play on MTV. It's not easy to crack a chief justice.

A Police officer of The sunny happy Island of Aruba

Hi papito Smile

We are not looking negatively at the island of Aruba. We are concerned that there are people in custody who may be involved in trying to get away with a crime.

EDITED to add: Natalee's family just wants to find her and bring her back home where she belongs - I think we can all identify with that!
[/quote]

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: June 26, 2005, 03:12:23 PM »

OK guys..just logged back on..front page of AOL news said case has been changed from missing persons to murder investigation..marianne croes says that it is suspect that she is no longer alive....give me some word, monkeys..true and respectable monkey word!!

"God dont like ugly"
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #342 on: June 26, 2005, 03:12:47 PM »

Mr. Paul van der Sloot is da chief justice on da island (he is da boss of the judges) it's because of that, that the Chief Justice of Curacao has to come to the island to follow and make the choices in the case.
I agree that there is something fishy about the whole thing, but it's unfair how the world now look at Aruba.
We are very caring and loving people. In the States much worse things happen and after sometimes 10 /20 years they crack the case. Give the arubians a little bit of slack. Don't forget that we are surrounded by sea if they dumped (IF THEY DID) her body in the sea. The sharkes would have already eaten the body. And if the suspects shut up and don't talk than the case will close and they will go out free. And don't forget either that paul is a chief justice he knows the law like you guys know the songs they play on MTV. It's not easy to crack a chief justice.

Thanks for the post, and it clears up for me what exactly papa vds does for a living since its been pretty confusing what his job is/was.
For the record I dont look down on the arubans. I know you guys have been hit with a media frenzy and not used to dealing with a crime such as this. And from the posters here from aruba, you all seem very nice.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: June 26, 2005, 03:12:52 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "arrabba"
Deepak and Satish should be charged with fingering innocent security guards, and then not speaking up when two innocent men were picked up based upon what they told police.  In addition, this diversion gave the perp/s time to get rid of evidence.  If nothing more their lies have hurt:

1) Their mother
2) Natalee's family
3) Security guards and parents
4) Aruba

If they told the truth from the beginning I think this story may have played out much differently.

that is why I think they should be punished even if they didnt hurt natalie directly.

Absolutely.  At this point, if they are completely innocent of any wrong doing with Natalee, they are what led to 2 innocent people being detained for days and an investigation growing cold very quickly.  That, to me, should be punished.

I agree with all of you. Had they not lied in the beginning, perhaps the LE would have been able to hold all three immediatly, rather than letting them go and 2 security people taking the heat for their lie.

It certainly did hamper with the investigation from the beginning.

Punishment is deserving on the Kalpoe brothers for their initial lie.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #344 on: June 26, 2005, 03:13:58 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Avatar question: Where do you get your avatars? I went to an avatar site, but my security program alerted me that they were trying to send me a Trojan! Also other avatars and small pix I've downloaded are too big.

You shouldn't get a trojan if you are using right click of your mouse to get the avatar for your picture file. You can look for sites that specialize in icons to find smaller pictures if all you are finding is large graphics.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

You do not but unfortunatly many of your fellow country man do ! I am apealed by people who say lets invade or boycott Aruba or curcaoe.

The ones that say that are a very tiny minority.  Loud, yes, but quite small.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

We certainly are!!!   More , please.

Was answered..My PM is N/A..!!
I'm just a humble Chatter.and   a Big Steve Supporter.
Steve's Mom did take the same flight  in from Curacao this AM as the Judge.. Very Happy
IMHO
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2005, 03:14:55 PM »

Thanks for the explanation Getagrip.

First of all, bendex, I am CANADIAN, and not AMERICAN.

The boycott Aruba people are in the minority. I'm sure you would be able to arrive at the same conclusion from reading on this message board.

Instead of being so concerned about how they are being perceived, Aruban LE has to focus on solving this case.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi papito Smile

We are not looking negatively at the island of Aruba. We are concerned that there are people in custody who may be involved in trying to get away with a crime.

EDITED to add: Natalee's family just wants to find her and bring her back home where she belongs - I think we can all identify with that!
[/quote]

Only the facts
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2005, 03:15:36 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
Did someone ever mentioned that the name "Greta van Susteren" is a typical Dutch name ?

Yep, that was my first thought when she first became involved in the case. However, she is American, and I doubt that she speaks Dutch. She can't pronounce 'Joran' properly, and I think at the beginning she was mispronouncing 'van der Sloot'.

I do think that her Dutch name has given her more inroad into getting people on camera, than any other reporter down in Aruba.

Perhaps her great great father is Dutch. About 100 years ago many immigrants arrived at Ellis Island, NY. I searched the website but did not find information on that. Anyway, there many Dutch influences ... more than you probably know Very Happy The family of former president Theodore Roosevelt is ... Dutch.

Don't forget, New York used to be Nieuw Amsterdam Razz
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2005, 03:16:31 PM »

Does anyone knows if natalee holloway speeks latino or spanish

Only the facts
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: June 26, 2005, 03:16:31 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Sandra K.. I sent you a PM a while ago.. and others have asked .. DO you know Steve??  You referred to him as "MY BABY".. Did you date him? Are you his mother??   We are curious!

I Best keep  Quiet.
  He is a   Great guy .I always believed in him.
..Nuff said Very Happy

So you DO know him?  Please tell us about him?  Now that you have spoken out you might as well share with us....why you alway believed in him? to me 'My Baby' would make one believe you are extremely close, IMO  Do you also know any of the other three suspects?

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »

Quote from: "katya"
Did someone ever mentioned that the name "Greta van Susteren" is a typical Dutch name ?

Yep, that was my first thought when she first became involved in the case. However, she is American, and I doubt that she speaks Dutch. She can't pronounce 'Joran' properly, and I think at the beginning she was mispronouncing 'van der Sloot'.

I do think that her Dutch name has given her more inroad into getting people on camera, than any other reporter down in Aruba.

Perhaps her great great father is Dutch. About 100 years ago many immigrants arrived at Ellis Island, NY. I searched the website but did not find information on that. Anyway, there many Dutch influences ... more than you probably know Very Happy The family of former president Theodore Roosevelt is ... Dutch.

Don't forget, New York used to be Nieuw Amsterdam Razz

Don't forget Albany, New York where they hold an annual tulip festival. It has a very Dutch influence. There's also Amsterdam, NY....gee wonder how they came up with that name. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Kristy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2005, 03:17:04 PM »

Could someone please post or PM me the best map of Aruba.  I have just searched the forum, but cannot find the one with the dots on the left side showing all of the hotels ...

Id greatly appreciate it .

Kristy   Very Happy
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2005, 03:17:06 PM »

Does anyone knows if holloway speeks latino or spanish

Latino is not a language. I've read that NH studied Spanish in school.

katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2005, 03:17:24 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"

Thanks for the post, and it clears up for me what exactly papa vds does for a living since its been pretty confusing what his job is/was.
For the record I dont look down on the arubans. I know you guys have been hit with a media frenzy and not used to dealing with a crime such as this. And from the posters here from aruba, you all seem very nice.

This post is incorrect, momto5. This guy is spamming Evil or Very Mad
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2005, 03:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "momto5"

WHERE are we getting that Paul vdS is chief justice, boss of the judges???? It has been widely reported that he was a fairly minor official, a judge in training who has been turned down for a permanent judgeship position.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2005, 03:18:28 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
OK guys..just logged back on..front page of AOL news said case has been changed from missing persons to murder investigation..marianne croes says that it is suspect that she is no longer alive....give me some word, monkeys..true and respectable monkey word!!

1. AOL sucks.
2. Weren't the security guards charged with murder as well?
3. Marianne Croes has no idea what she's talking about.
4. The word is there is NO EVIDENCE IN THIS CASE! Shocked
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #357 on: June 26, 2005, 03:18:57 PM »

Quote from: "Curiosity"
Don't forget Albany, New York where they hold an annual tulip festival. It has a very Dutch influence. There's also Amsterdam, NY....gee wonder how they came up with that name. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

A good friend of mine lives in Haarlem...in the Netherlands, but of course everyone knows about the Harlem district in NYC  Smile

la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: June 26, 2005, 03:19:14 PM »

Quote from: "Kristy"
Could someone please post or PM me the best map of Aruba.  I have just searched the forum, but cannot find the one with the dots on the left side showing all of the hotels ...

Id greatly appreciate it .

Kristy   Very Happy

http://aruba.com/pages/regionalmap.htm
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2005, 03:19:29 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
I have seen no indication that the US government is firmly in charge of anything having to do with this case.

It is hard to respond to that properly without discussing US foreign policy, which would be off topic.

Maybe Robert Burns can help.

Ah wad Pow’r, the giftie gie us…to see ourselves as ithers see us

i commented on this last night.   we have a consulate in curacao with jurisdiction over aruba  the consulate is responsible in cases like this, missing americans, dead americans, etc yet the consulate has been invisible.  odd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.