March 28, 2024, 06:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241387 times)
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #500 on: June 26, 2005, 04:11:41 PM »

Quote from: "Nicole"
Did say I didn't care. It's just that this case is no different to me than any of the other missing kids in this world. Maybe a few of you need to take a break from this? Just a suggestion Mad

For the record, my husband was involved heavily with one of the Missing Children's organizations in my area. So for the record, I can assure you that it helps to keep a case in the limelight so the case is given enough interest. In the US, it's a bit easier to keep a case in the local spotlight. But this case is on foreign soil.....out of the hands of the US. Even the FBI are guests...not in charge. So it only makes sense that some of us want to know what happened to Natalee and see her found. The parents have done an excellent job of keeping this case alive and moving forward. Apparantly quite a few Americans are interested, or FOX would drop this case as it's main fare. Since they havent, I have to think there are quite a few people watching fox keep up to the latest on this case.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #501 on: June 26, 2005, 04:11:42 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "Anna"

No body, no conviction, eh?  Hey, it works for me!!   Very Happy   Applies both ways, too, right?

Not only is that distastful, it is completely ignorant Anna.  You should know better.

Rogers:

I have to agree with Anna, it's rather doubtful we've got a case without a confession or a body.  It's reality, not distasteful.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: June 26, 2005, 04:12:17 PM »

Hey Dash - Great to see ya!  We missed you.  I hope you're doing okay.

Nicole - I'm not sure what you expect people to be discussing in a NATALEE HOLLOWAY FORUM
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2005, 04:12:32 PM »

Quote from: "Nicole"
Ummmmmm...not attacking. Please go re-read my posts.  Just wondering why this one case is any different from the thousands of others, especially underage kids who disappear. Where was the 24/7 coverage of those 3 little boys who disappeared from NJ last week? I didn't see much of that.

I don't know why people are interested in her case... I'm just glad they are.  Natalee is a wonderful person and we all just REALLY need her to come home as soon as possible.  If the media can help catalyze that process, then I hope it gets even more attention.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2005, 04:12:55 PM »

Nice story Anna ,

First questionCould you give me the source where it states that  Joran is being iterrogated by daddies best friend.

Second question ever been to jail ?

Third question could you sentence Joran guilty with the current facts availible.

Lack of evidence does not equate with innocence.  It is just what it is, lack of proof but NOT validation, vindication nor any kind of proof one did not commit a crime, merely that prosecution lacks the proof thereof.

As for the big mystery of why Little Joren has not cracked by now, well gee!  You don't suppose it is because no one is even trying to cause him to do so, do ya?  After all, how tough can it be being interrogated by his daddy's best friend.   Rolling Eyes   That's what the man said, not me!   Exclamation

Oh, Joren, did you do it?? Wink  Wink

Oh please don't ask me any more!!  Wink  Wink

And the photos from inside that brand new prison looked VERY spiffy!  He should see some in this country.  But if the chief LE refused to recuse himself and is in charge of the investigation, Joren is bound to know him quite intimately and knows he has nothing to fear.  Just play along with daddy's best friend until the time runs out.

No body, no conviction, eh?  Hey, it works for me!!   Very Happy   Applies both ways, too, right?

Only the facts
Selena
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »

Nicole
because very few people expect their children to NOT return home from a planned vacation where their community schoolchildren go on yearly trips and funnel money into the economy this has posed a problem for those who suported those kind of excursions and have raised questions about the liability of the host country when they decide to do so. I imagine the community of MB will not plan to send any schoolchildren out of the states for a very long time. If nothing else it opens a discussion about what to expect when you visit another country and how to handle emergencies of this nature. People do go missing everyday from all over the globe, most do not plan to disappear. When they do it becomes a focus for wnyone who cares to concern themselves with this issue. Working on a local level with safety and schoolchildren this has drawn my interest and concern.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2005, 04:14:10 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Is it possible that Steve was guilty of something. But Is being released because he has time served that covers the offense.

Is it possible that he has agreed to testify in exchange for release, since he didn't do anything but perhaps knows something -- does Dutch law have anything along those lines, I wonder.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2005, 04:15:23 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
We discussed this very thing this morning.  Under the circumstances of what I'm seeing in this thread over the last several pages, unless some folks want to start moderating their tone IMMEDIATELY, it may be a long time in coming.

I have NO idea what you're talking about.  Can you explain your definition of "tone".  Again, I respect a forum admin's job, it's not easy.  But, some of your explanations are downright confusing.

Nancy, with all due respect, I think it's quite clear that bringing up Razzy again and again, does nothing to further her case.

It's very easy to talk about moderator actions when we don't have the complete picture...so it's best not to discuss it in this thread...it's pretty off-topic to the discussion. There's already the Q&A thread when you can disclose your view, and then there's also PM.

Just wanted to clarify...and now I'm going to crawl into a little corner until people calm down and stop posting with emotionally instead of rationally.

Hopefully Razzle is still asleep.  And we need to respect Dash.  She has brought a lot to this board.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2005, 04:15:26 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"

Not only is that distastful, it is completely ignorant Anna.  You should know better.

Rogers:

I have to agree with Anna, it's rather doubtful we've got a case without a confession or a body.  It's reality, not distasteful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that when Anna wrote that it "applies both ways too" it was a threat to get Joran and make his body disappear.

That is what I found to be distastful.[/i]
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2005, 04:17:01 PM »

Getagrip, I did not make the statement you've highlighted in bold above, please make that correction.

You responded before I had a chance to edit it. Problem is, that you're not quoting messages properly, so when someone quotes you in reply, it messes up.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2005, 04:17:03 PM »

GuyWdog
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2005, 04:17:21 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "absolut"
Is it possible that Steve was guilty of something. But Is being released because he has time served that covers the offense.

Is it possible that he has agreed to testify in exchange for release, since he didn't do anything but perhaps knows something -- does Dutch law have anything along those lines, I wonder.

This is Not the Case..No plea bargain in Aruba.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2005, 04:18:39 PM »

Quote from: "candygirl"
Quote from: "Getagrip"
There's some interesting reporting on Hasibokos today:
http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/11/2005

Dutch sources - I believe they would be impartial, and probably closer to the truth than any other MSM.

Thay's Explosive!

I think there is a confession even if it is of sorts after reading this article, and considering the weekend of leaks when we learned "something bad happened" and there was a "confession" reported. Like I said, LE probably has what it needs from at least one of the bros kalpoe if not both.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »

I'm not sure Paulus VDS waiving his right not to testify against his son means much.  Obviously, using that right would make both his son and himself look more guilty.  It would be a lot simpler for him to just lie.  

Of course, there's the possibility that he really doesn't know anything.
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2005, 04:19:14 PM »

Does anyone know when this testimony of Papa VDS is supposed to happen?  Maybe I missed it.

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
Nicole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »

Well, I just graduated high school and was supposed to go to Cancun in August. Now my parents won't let me go. It seems I'm being punished for a dumb mistake of someone else. It's not fair.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #516 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:01 PM »

Do you all agree that the supposed lie of Joran , Deepak and Satish made  about dropping natalee of at the holliday in is the only suspicious thing there is against them ?

Only the facts
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:06 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Lack of evidence does not equate with innocence.  It is just what it is, lack of proof but NOT validation, vindication nor any kind of proof one did not commit a crime, merely that prosecution lacks the proof thereof.

As for the big mystery of why Little Joren has not cracked by now, well gee!  You don't suppose it is because no one is even trying to cause him to do so, do ya?  After all, how tough can it be being interrogated by his daddy's best friend.   Rolling Eyes   That's what the man said, not me!   Exclamation

Oh, Joren, did you do it?? Wink  Wink

Oh please don't ask me any more!!  Wink  Wink

And the photos from inside that brand new prison looked VERY spiffy!  He should see some in this country.  But if the chief LE refused to recuse himself and is in charge of the investigation, Joren is bound to know him quite intimately and knows he has nothing to fear.  Just play along with daddy's best friend until the time runs out.

And what if your wrong? What if Joran is not the guy, and Natalee is still alive somewhere? And all the police are doing is barking up the wrong tree? Valuable time is being lost with this IMO. Sad

Where do I say Joren is the guy??  I did NOT so please do not put words in my mouth.   Exclamation It is not I who has wasted the time while she might have been alive but this very same man who stated he had problems doing his job and detaining Joren.  I don't know who did it but I do not think this is any way to find out, either.  I just hope and pray they have made lots of progress of which we are totally unaware.  It would have been nice, however, to have someone in charge who did not describe himself in this manner, don't you agree?  Or is it just A-OK with your for his to state that he is the best friend of the father right after the release the three prime suspects for ten days?  You DON'T see anything troubling about that?

But Joren was the last one seen with her and he does have the comments about "roofies" on some of those websites and he did lie, admittedly.  Just basing my comments on that for neither one of us knows for a fact what happened.  You don't know that he is NOT the guy, either.  He could well be and if so, still time was wasted while she just might have still been alive.  Example, thrown in mine shaft bound but not yet dead, buried alive, etc.  

Whether Joren did it or not, this is not a good thing to have happened.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »

Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
Does anyone know when this testimony of Papa VDS is supposed to happen?  Maybe I missed it.

Basically they said that it doesn't really mean "testify" because they are not under oath or in a trial.  He has just agreed to answer questions regarding his son.  That's what I heard a few minutes ago, anyway.
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:23 PM »

Latest from Rheil World View:
"Aruba Breaking

4:00 PM Update: It is being supposed that the elder v d Sloot has nothing to hide, hence the earlier waiver. Potentially, if investigators believe he has given them whatever truth he knows, he could be released tonight, barring enough evidence to hold him as a suspect in the case. That does not mean that he will necessarily incriminate Joran in some way by stating what he knows.

3:45 Update: Geraldo's amazing report: Steve Croes voluntarily went to the police and said he saw the boys drop Natalee off at the Holiday Inn - a story from which the boys later backed away. Subsequently, Croes was detained because he apparently showed himself to be willing to lie in support of his friends in this matter. Interesting look at the Dutch justice system: no sign of a recent haircut for Geraldo."

From what I understand, the decision whether PVDS will be released or detained for another 8 days is tonight at 8 pm.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.