March 28, 2024, 10:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #27 6/26/05 Sun-Day  (Read 241410 times)
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #640 on: June 26, 2005, 05:09:09 PM »

Quote from: "mordred"

For someone to have abducted her on her way back to the hotel, they would have to have been tailing her all evening, from C&Cs, to the beach, & back! They would have to anticipate that she would return to the hotel on foot, un-accompanied, etc: Very unlikely!

If she were targetted specifically, you are right.

If someone were laying in wait for generic "young girl alone on the beach"  you're not.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: June 26, 2005, 05:09:41 PM »

Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "Anna"
Lack of evidence does not equate with innocence.  It is just what it is, lack of proof but NOT validation, vindication nor any kind of proof one did not commit a crime, merely that prosecution lacks the proof thereof.

As for the big mystery of why Little Joren has not cracked by now, well gee!  You don't suppose it is because no one is even trying to cause him to do so, do ya?  After all, how tough can it be being interrogated by his daddy's best friend.   Rolling Eyes   That's what the man said, not me!   Exclamation

Oh, Joren, did you do it?? Wink  Wink

Oh please don't ask me any more!!  Wink  Wink

And the photos from inside that brand new prison looked VERY spiffy!  He should see some in this country.  But if the chief LE refused to recuse himself and is in charge of the investigation, Joren is bound to know him quite intimately and knows he has nothing to fear.  Just play along with daddy's best friend until the time runs out.

No body, no conviction, eh?  Hey, it works for me!!   Very Happy   Applies both ways, too, right?

Speculation. Both about the relationship between PVDS and the head of Aruban LE AND about who is conducting the interrogation.

I can't recall the source or who the official was who said it, but there was a report early on, where a prosecutor allegedly said, "How could I do this to my best friend's son?"
hobnailboot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #642 on: June 26, 2005, 05:10:14 PM »

Quote from: "melbel"
[snip]

This is my first post on this board, but have been lurking for weeks..Dave Holloway is from Meridian MS, the same city as I am from..He does not live in Clinton MS...
Tahnks

I believe Dave Holloway now lives in Meridian, but he used to live in Clinton, MS where Natalee was born and even for a while after he and Beth divorced.
BTW, I used to live in Jackson on the Clinton side.
[/quote]

I thought I heard Natalee was born in Memphis.  Just wondering.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: June 26, 2005, 05:10:48 PM »

Quote from: "luna"
[quote
Her room was on the beach with a door that opened to the sand.....maybe she was abducted on her way back to the HI???

That's not true... her room was by mine... You have to go through the hotel to get to it[/quote]

Sorry dash...someone posted here yesterday they saw Beth on TV in her/Nat's room and they saw the door with sand....so it was posted that you could get to the room from the beach.

Not true?[/quote]

Nope, you have to go through the hotel either through the front enterance (inside) or through the hotel/ outdoor restraunt part.  Then you walk over a little bridge to the building we stayed in.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #644 on: June 26, 2005, 05:11:14 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "goon squad"
<<"We have learned that Croes was honest from the beginning….  Croes actually went to the police in an attempt to vindicate Joran by telling them he saw the boys drop her off at the hotel.">>

If sentence #2 is true, then sentence #1 is false.

It's Not True. He didn't know Joran.He Knows Deepak.
IMHO

Steve C. went to police to back up a lie, thus lying himself.  His actions have contributed to the possibilty that Natalee may never have justice.  He volunteered to be part of this case, for reasons that are unclear to me.  However, his reason was not to help a victimized young woman.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: June 26, 2005, 05:12:49 PM »

Quote from: "GulfCoastGirl"
Quote from: "grits"
ok guys....i still think my slant may be on track... $120 million is a lot of dough ....that the "businessmen"  in Panama and Nicarauga would want to recoup...

Natalee's Uncle Tom is head of ALL investment services for AmSouth Bank in Birmingham but yet he filed a new corporation just for himself in Rhode Island in late 2004 and named it Amsouth Investment Corp...  not accusing...just found it as part of new corporate filings...

the scheme at AmSouth for which the bank ended up in court  involved Panamanian and Nicaraugan banks...one of the indicted was a Robert Picou - a Panamanian who is said to be in hiding in Nicarauga or Panama

The scheme further involved a Jackson, Mississippi securities trader and a Memphis lawyer...and Clinton, Mississippi is a suburb of Jackson...it is where Dave Holloway lives and from which Beth and Jug Twitty (Tom's twin brother) moved to Birmingham...just too many coincidences for me....

if Tom hid money for himself and the Panama and Nicarauga "businessmen" wanted their money back maybe they needed a way to "force" the issue?? makes ya go hmmm.... maybe the guy on the plane with Natalee that is missing???  they've never given his name?  cause it might come up in connection with the SEC cases??<<

Ah, those nagging details!  Also have to wonder why not kidnap the Twitty twins instead of Dave Holloway's daughter.  She is not even a blood relative and does not have same last name.

or the Twitty brothers could have been innocently involved and testified about the scheme and this could be revenge against them...

i agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty...and this is one weird case

I normally don't quote the post I'm responding to in its entirety....but in case anyone missed this....

Definitely makes you go, "HHHmmmmmmm..."

Her room was on the beach with a door that opened to the sand.....maybe she was abducted on her way back to the HI???

This is my first post on this board, but have been lurking for weeks..Dave Holloway is from Meridian MS, the same city as I am from..He does not live in Clinton MS...
Tahnks

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: June 26, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

steve told a story that did not square with other statements and was held to determne if he had a role in the suspected crime.  today the judge determined that his misrepresentation was not material and that he has no other involvement and let him go.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #647 on: June 26, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

I can't recall the source or who the official was who said it, but there was a report early on, where a prosecutor allegedly said, "How could I do this to my best friend's son?"

The source was Geraldo quoting his "unimpeachable source."  Translation: he probably just made it up.  Very Happy
hobnailboot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #648 on: June 26, 2005, 05:13:18 PM »

Just a tad off topic, maybe, but has anyone heard any news about the woman reported missing Friday from the Carnival Cruise Ship in Belize?
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #649 on: June 26, 2005, 05:13:41 PM »

Yes indeed iquitos, 120 palo verdes can make a lot of people angry, just want to say people with power can reach everywhere , you think the mentioned article is reliable

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "bendex"
I would like to refer to the case when the son of the argentinian President Menem was murderd by syrian agents after menem not fulfilled his part of a armsdeal. I would like to comment that powerfull people have lots of means at their disposal and money turns friends into enemies and enemies into friends.

Quote from: "bendex"
Mind you that abduction needs very good planning, like what who to kidnap when you have to study the daily habits of persons etc. it is not that easy. However murder is much easier ......................

ok guys....i still think my slant may be on track... $120 million is a lot of dough ....that the "businessmen"  in Panama and Nicarauga would want to recoup...

Natalee's Uncle Tom is head of ALL investment services for AmSouth Bank in Birmingham but yet he filed a new corporation just for himself in Rhode Island in late 2004 and named it Amsouth Investment Corp...  not accusing...just found it as part of new corporate filings...

the scheme at AmSouth for which the bank ended up in court  involved Panamanian and Nicaraugan banks...one of the indicted was a Robert Picou - a Panamanian who is said to be in hiding in Nicarauga or Panama

The scheme further involved a Jackson, Mississippi securities trader and a Memphis lawyer...and Clinton, Mississippi is a suburb of Jackson...it is where Dave Holloway lives and from which Beth and Jug Twitty (Tom's twin brother) moved to Birmingham...just too many coincidences for me....

if Tom hid money for himself and the Panama and Nicarauga "businessmen" wanted their money back maybe they needed a way to "force" the issue?? makes ya go hmmm.... maybe the guy on the plane with Natalee that is missing???  they've never given his name?  cause it might come up in connection with the SEC cases??

or the Twitty brothers could have been innocently involved and testified about the scheme and this could be revenge against them...

i agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty...and this is one weird case

I normally don't quote the post I'm responding to in its entirety....but in case anyone missed this....

Definitely makes you go, "HHHmmmmmmm..."

--- and bendex did they not blow up an arms factory to cover up some missing weapons they sold to ecuador. killing hundreds in the process?

Only the facts
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: June 26, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »

There are many post in the main Natalee Forum that could use all of your insights as well. People seemingly not wanting to interupt the conversation on this thread are posting else where. http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewforum.php?f=2
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: June 26, 2005, 05:14:47 PM »

>>Here's a post I made on another blog after I donated. If anyone is unsure of how or what to do, it includes the link and my comments about how easy the process is.

Here's the website - and you can do it online or by phone...how easy is that!

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

Thanks, PoorPaulaNNJ. Initially I heard the team would be there 5-7 days. A CNN Interview had the Equusearch head now saying they would search until they found Natalee or until they run out of funds. Everybody slide them a twenty dollar bill!

Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #652 on: June 26, 2005, 05:14:47 PM »

Quote from: "hobnailboot"
Just a tad off topic, maybe, but has anyone heard any news about the woman reported missing Friday from the Carnival Cruise Ship in Belize?

http://tinyurl.com/dws38
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: June 26, 2005, 05:15:34 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"
<<"We have learned that Croes was honest from the beginning….  Croes actually went to the police in an attempt to vindicate Joran by telling them he saw the boys drop her off at the hotel.">>

IMHO

Steve C. went to police to back up a lie, thus lying himself.  His actions have contributed to the possibilty that Natalee may never have justice.  He volunteered to be part of this case, for reasons that are unclear to me.  However, his reason was not to help a victimized young woman.
<<

And if she died while LE was acting on information he gave them, just tough for her?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #654 on: June 26, 2005, 05:15:38 PM »

Quote from: "mordred"
Quote from: "Curiosity"
Quote from: "GulfCoastGirl"

For someone to have abducted her on her way back to the hotel, they would have to have been tailing her all evening, from C&Cs, to the beach, & back! They would have to anticipate that she would return to the hotel on foot, un-accompanied, etc: Very unlikely!

I Disagree, Greta had the shot , it is a long walk from Marriott beach to Holiday in . It was very dark. Not many people around at 3:00 am. Someone could have been there already and just saw Natalee walking by alone. It would have been very easy to abduct her with no witnesses.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: June 26, 2005, 05:16:20 PM »

Hi luna ,

as I mentioned earlier Luna I think kidnap of natalee  is highly unlikely , in Aruba due to the timespan it needs for planning.

Quote from: "---"
[quote

That's not true... her room was by mine... You have to go through the hotel to get to it

Sorry dash...someone posted here yesterday they saw Beth on TV in her/Nat's room and they saw the door with sand....so it was posted that you could get to the room from the beach.

Not true?[/quote]

Nope, you have to go through the hotel either through the front enterance (inside) or through the hotel/ outdoor restraunt part.  Then you walk over a little bridge to the building we stayed in.[/quote]

Only the facts
KJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #656 on: June 26, 2005, 05:17:11 PM »

I am pretty discouraged after watching FOX news most of today.  I had been very hopeful the police knew much more than we've already been told, but according to Croes' lawyer, the only reason he was being held was because he got caught when Joran changed his story, after he (Croes) already had said, on Joran and the brother's behalf, that he saw them bring Natalee back to HI.  The brothers' lawyer is maintaining they, in effect, know/have revealed little and are innocent of all but trying to cover for Joran.  And, it was speculated by one official that Paul may be giving up his right to not testify against his son just to show he has nothing to hide.  In other words, I've gotten the impression that little if any talking has been done by any of those detained.  I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look at this point like there's been any real progression in this case  Crying or Very sad
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #657 on: June 26, 2005, 05:17:24 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"

IMHO

THE LE came looking 4 HIM@ the internet  Cafe.He then went in to Cop Shop..Was Questioned,went home,and was Arrested @ 6:30AM the Next morning.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2005, 05:17:33 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "Anna"

No body, no conviction, eh?  Hey, it works for me!!   Very Happy   Applies both ways, too, right?

Not only is that distastful, it is completely ignorant Anna.  You should know better.

Rogers:

I have to agree with Anna, it's rather doubtful we've got a case without a confession or a body.  It's reality, not distasteful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that when Anna wrote that it "applies both ways too" it was a threat to get Joran and make his body disappear.

That is what I found to be distastful.[/i]

As distasteful as it is, Joran may well find himself safer if he is incarcerated for the next 15-20 years.

At the very least, if he is exonerated, I think it would quite dangerous for him to come to the States for college.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "Nicole"
Did say I didn't care. It's just that this case is no different to me than any of the other missing kids in this world. Maybe a few of you need to take a break from this? Just a suggestion Mad

Nicole,
This case has become important to many of us because we've come to feel a connection to Natalee and her family.  She's more than just a face on a milkcarton.  She's the child any parent would be proud to claim, a child/woman on the verge of a promising life, just starting out as an adult.

Does that make the multitudes of other missiing children less important?  Most emphatically not. Each soul is precious.   I would argue that if one positive thing could come from this whole tragic business, it might be the growth of a web-based network of concerned  and nosy people so that it becomes harder and harder to remain a "missing child", that the  increased awareness of many eyes and ears  make it more likely that answers are found.  The possibilities given the WWW are exponential.  Natalee may be becoming a sort of "Poster Child" for people who would like to help the lost and missing, if only they knew how.

There are other reasons, such as time of year.  It seems like there's always a missing person prominently featured in the summer, due to news cycle fluctuation. School's out, people have more time to follow the news.   And FOX news sure does love those sensational stories!  There are so many horrific things happening in the world today that  people can't take it all in at once. Even though I read soldiers' and citizens' blogs from Iraq,  they seem mercifully far away; this would be so different if I had a child serving in the armed forces.  On the other hand, I can readily focus on the search for Natalee Holloway.  Ihave a 23 year old daughter whom I love dearly and worry about frequently, so I can empathize with the angst Natalee's family and friends must be enduring.  Plus  I'm from Alabama and am quite fond of "The Tiny Kingdom" of Mountain Brook.   So I suppose that's my identification.  I'd be interessted to know what percentage of the posters on the Natalee boards do hail from Alabama!

And your suggestion that some of us need to take a break from this is not entirely unwarrented...lol!!!  I have to force myself to leave the boards.   Maybe there's a 12 Step Program for those who really can't stop...

Excuse my wordiness.  I've puzzled over this myself. Smile

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.