April 20, 2024, 09:28:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking in another direction..  (Read 25233 times)
INK
Scared Monkey

« on: June 26, 2005, 12:39:54 PM »

Let the flames begin!! But I think a serious look should be taken at the Twittys and their business dealings. BTW, Papa Twitty comes across a rude arrogant bully.

AmSouth Executive Vice President Thomas Twitty, whose brokerage subsidiary employed Moorehead, said in an interview at company headquarters in Birmingham, Ala., "There is one person who didn't play by the rules. He didn't play by our rules."
By trying to pin blame solely on the broker, however, AmSouth overlooks a history of regulatory reprimands alleging lax supervisory and compliance procedures. Moreover, it stonewalled customers and regulators about its compliance failings in Starkville and at other offices, the records and interviews show.

And then of course there is the wonder McWane corporation which employs Jug:

Read about its philosophy, its record, and the people killed in its plants. Plus, examine company and government documents -- and more of McWane's response to FRONTLINE, The New York Times and the CBC's reporting.
Marie Gabrielle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 12:44:05 PM »

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels the same way about this man!  Some of my friends (who are senior citizens, mind you) agree!
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 12:46:18 PM »

I personally agree - of all the players in this case that to me come off as arrogant and annoying it is Jug - every time he is on the news my tv goes on mute - he is a pain - and I thought it was awful how he characterized Paul VDS - someone comes to my house screaming in the middle of the night I doubt very much my family would have responded any differently - he probably has lots of enemies - and if this case were happening in the U.S. that might have been an avenue investigated but since this is in a foreign country all the focus has to be on the Arubans - well it might just be that the people involved are innocent - at least in my book they are until proven guilty!
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »

One more thought - maybe this is what that one ex Aruban police guy meant the other night when talking to Abrams on MSNBC that the parents should be checked out - I mean Jug might not even be aware that he has enemies but it might be one of his enemies??
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 01:13:54 PM »

I'm actually surprised anyone agrees with me. And good point, that if this had happened in the US, the press, police and everyone else would be looking at the Twittys, their financial dealings and anything in their past that would connect to this. I think the Arubans should be looking toward the US for some answers (and I don't mean asking the FBI for help). I really think this is somehow connected to the Twittys.
jump85ft
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 01:35:16 PM »

I agree that all avenues need to be explored ..but why would the twittys take a polygraph anytime anywhere?  The parents werent even there
so you think some hired gun came and snatched natalie away from
{{edited}}{{edited}}?  at the perfect time {{edited}}"left her on the beach at 1:30 am? your sophmoric theory doesnt hold an ounce of water...
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 01:48:53 PM »

And your sophomoric attitude doesn't hold an ounce of  maturity. That said, yes, it would not be too difficult to snatch her off the beach. Even suppose Joran was somehow involved in setting her up, perhaps accidentally (I know, you already KNOW he's guilty, apparently you have amazing psychic as well as reasoning ability). All avenues should be explored. As they say, follow the money. The Twitty clan obviously have their fingers in some quite questionable pies.
jump85ft
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 02:49:24 PM »

Quote from: "INK"
And your sophomoric attitude doesn't hold an ounce of  maturity. That said, yes, it would not be too difficult to snatch her off the beach. Even suppose Joran was somehow involved in setting her up, perhaps accidentally (I know, you already KNOW he's guilty, apparently you have amazing psychic as well as reasoning ability). All avenues should be explored. As they say, follow the money. The Twitty clan obviously have their fingers in some quite questionable pies.

So natalee was snatched off the beach at 2 am ....there were no other cars or people around and they knew exactly where she was going to be on which beach and exactly at that time.  why wouldnt joran (pronounce urine) have a better alibi than i left her at the beach.
whats your theory on why the twittys did this? collection of insurance money? im willing to listen to your ideas but it seem a bit far out. What motive would Mr Twitty have to do this???
ozzie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 02:59:25 PM »

I live in Birmingham, know persons who work for Amsouth Bank and McWayne corp.  Your ideas of financial motivation are pure fantasy.
This case is basically a date-on-the-beach gone bad, very bad.  It’s tragic, but it’s that simple.
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 03:28:34 PM »

Okay, normally I'd go with simplest explanation as well. But I find it really hard to believe that 17 year old comitted the perfect crime, no body, no witnesses.

Ad far as the Twittys' business dealing go, they are NOT totally on the up and up. Check out AmSouth bank and tell me there is NO possibility of them having some peripheral involvement in this. I'm not saying the Twittys did this, just that it is entirely possible that they have enough enemies that could make it happen.

So far, there are five people involved (the likely suspects), none of whom could have masterminded this. There is a reason why the FBI and other intellegence agencies employ people like accountants and financial experts.  Again, follow the money. I have no idea if her parents took out insurance on her. If that is anything more than rumor it should be thoroughly investigated.

Since JVS and his father are in custody, the MSM is appeased, the American public is appeased and it's entirely possible they've got the wrong people. Open your minds to other possibilities, you might be surprised at what you find.
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 04:34:52 PM »

This from the RBN forum here at Scared Monkeys:

grits wrote:
ok guys....i still think my slant may be on track... $120 million is a lot of dough ....that the "businessmen" in Panama and Nicarauga would want to recoup...

Natalee's Uncle Tom is head of ALL investment services for AmSouth Bank in Birmingham but yet he filed a new corporation just for himself in Rhode Island in late 2004 and named it Amsouth Investment Corp... not accusing...just found it as part of new corporate filings...

the scheme at AmSouth for which the bank ended up in court involved Panamanian and Nicaraugan banks...one of the indicted was a Robert Picou - a Panamanian who is said to be in hiding in Nicarauga or Panama

The scheme further involved a Jackson, Mississippi securities trader and a Memphis lawyer...and Clinton, Mississippi is a suburb of Jackson...it is where Dave Holloway lives and from which Beth and Jug Twitty (Tom's twin brother) moved to Birmingham...just too many coincidences for me....

if Tom hid money for himself and the Panama and Nicarauga "businessmen" wanted their money back maybe they needed a way to "force" the issue?? makes ya go hmmm.... maybe the guy on the plane with Natalee that is missing??? they've never given his name? cause it might come up in connection with the SEC cases??

or the Twitty brothers could have been innocently involved and testified about the scheme and this could be revenge against them...

i agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty...and this is one weird case

Like I said, follow the money
ozzie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 05:11:07 PM »

Quote from: "INK"

Natalee's Uncle Tom is head of ALL investment services for AmSouth Bank in Birmingham but yet he filed a new corporation just for himself in Rhode Island in late 2004 and named it Amsouth Investment Corp... not accusing...just found it as part of new corporate filings...

INK:

Amsouth is a trademark name.  Tom was acting as what is known as "incorporator".  It was not a corporation just for himself.
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 05:18:42 PM »

Quote from: "ozzie"
I live in Birmingham, know persons who work for Amsouth Bank and McWayne corp.  Your ideas of financial motivation are pure fantasy.
This case is basically a date-on-the-beach gone bad, very bad.  It’s tragic, but it’s that simple.
So what FACTS do you have to substantiate your statements? Where is Natalee? And if she is not alive, then where is her body?

Your idea that a financial motivation MAY be a factor in a case like this, that it is fantasitical or even conspiratorial is simply silly.

Until this case is solved and the  FACTS are shared with the public, and until the Alabaman students who accompanied Natalee on the trip are allowed to be interviewed, I don't see how anyone can rationally state unequivacably that such a HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY has 'nothing' to do with anything.

Plenty of people have been kidnapped for lots less!
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 05:55:56 PM »

Just to clarify: The long quote re: AmSouth and Tom Twitty was taken from a post from someone named "Grits" in another section of this forum. The only thing I added was the "follow the money" quote.

I still say it's all a misdirect. I'd be looking into their business dealings very hard at this point.
wbvious
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 06:21:12 PM »

INK:
you bring up some intriguing bits of information...re:AmSouth/McWayne and possible involvement with unscrupoulus characters from Central America...
and i think it would be great to know more about that...

however the statement,
So far, there are five people involved (the likely suspects), none of whom could have masterminded this

is highly presumptious to say the least...where i live, here in california, there have been several abductions with horrible consequences involving less than MENSA level "masterminds" who are able to conduct a crime of opportunity and get away with it for years even though they might have  intellects comparable to a common cockroach...add in the fact that one of the prime suspects here(PVDS) is in a position of being the law (and perhaps feels even that he is 'above it') and you have a potentially 'fertile' situation...even the use of the term 'mastermind' indicates you are assuming a more complicated scenario, perhaps even with detailed planning, than a simple 'crime of opportunity' could otherwise suggest...

nevertheless good sleuthing on the "money trail"...keep it up!
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 06:35:43 PM »

Thanks! You're right about it not taking a rocket scientist to get away with something like this, but you've got a very young suspect who may have got caught up in something that he couldn't get out of. But even if he did murder the poor girl, I think it would be difficult to either dispose of the body or get rid of all the evidence on an island where it seems everyone knows everyone else's business.

As I've said, if this had happend here in the US, the FBI would be investigating evey business deal the Twitty (extended) family has been involved in. Just seems too neat to me.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 06:45:09 PM »

For the factoid file: Since the Fitzgerald-Austin Kelley merger, Amsouth Bancorporation and the Aruba Tourism Board share the same ad agency.
ozzie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »

"Your idea that a financial motivation MAY be a factor in a case like this, that it is fantasitical or even conspiratorial is simply silly.

Until this case is solved and the  FACTS are shared with the public, and until the Alabaman students who accompanied Natalee on the trip are allowed to be interviewed, I don't see how anyone can rationally state unequivacably that such a HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY has 'nothing' to do with anything.

Plenty of people have been kidnapped for lots less![/quote]"

Newshound:

I don’t understand your message.  The first part seems to suggest that I think money was involved.  The second part does not.

In any event, my original quote was to counter INK’s theory/idea.
I do not have facts, but I do have rational logic.
I live amongst the students and their families.  I know many of them.  I don’t need official interviews.
I am only suggesting to INK that his theory is rather wild and does not match the facts that are known and have been reported in the media –> a guy who has history of picking up tourist females is last seen with a girl who, according to some, was intoxicated.  He admits lying about where he left her (as well as 2 other guys).  He now sits in jail for that reason alone ?  I don’t think so.  The Aruba police know much more than they have yet revealed.
I do not know whether she is alive or not, and if not do not know where her body is located.  But I will bet the house that Joran knows these answers, and likely Natalee suffered an accidental/non-willful death if she is in fact deceased.
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 07:34:30 PM »

This theory sounds rather off the wall and too fantasy to be beleiveable. BUT.....has anyone verified that this is the right Twitty and there aren't others with this same name?? Also, as mentioned on the board a day or so ago...has anyone verified whether or not there really is a huge insurance policy on Natalee for kidnapping?? Verifying these facts would add a bit more credibility to the theory.
INK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 07:57:59 PM »

The theory is not nearly as off the wall as it first appears. Yes, you have a young guy in the habit of picking up tourist girls (but not killing them). It is entirely possible that someone with a vendetta against the Twitty family came upon Joran and Natalee (because they had been watching her, and waiting for an opportunity) and snatched her, threatened him with death for himself and family, and took the girl. Like I keep saying; look to the Twittys' finances. If this family has been dealing financially in South America or the Caribbean I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that they are dealing with some very bad characters.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.