March 19, 2024, 01:45:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #28 6/26/05 Sunday Evening  (Read 294623 times)
Marie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 07:00:17 PM »

Of course, lots of us drank when we were underage. Especially in other countries where drinking age is 18. When I went to Mexico, they had 15-16 year olds in the bars. Can ya believe that?
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 07:00:43 PM »

Hey believe it or not I went to daytona beach junior and senior year and never took a drink. Tastes like crap and I still don't drink that stuff. Thankfully my 23 year old says the same thing. Very proud of her.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 07:00:47 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
--- wrote:
I cant deal with this anymore. I left for a few days, and was asked to come back... I did, now I wish I hadn't. I can't stand people's ignorance or maliciousness anymore, so congrats to all of you who want me gone... you win!

To all of you who actually care about Natalee, thank you. Please continue to pray for her safe return... Thank you again for all that you've done.

The truth will come out (I know more than you know, as do many others... Joran is guilty. This doesn't interest me though; I could care less what is done with him... I just wish he'd say where Natalee is.)

Thank you again to all of you who are supportive! Hopefully, you will keep fighting and be stronger than I can.

---  

I am going to reserve comment until later that one of the few people who were willing to talk about events just got ran off. Some one who many of us are thankful made an effort to give info when she did not have to.

Many of you have bitched and moaned that there were no MB's making comments or not going on shows. Its not that there were not MB teens doing so ... its they were not saying what you wanted to hear or refused to listen to.

How many times do people have to be told ... these are teenagers ... not adults and the same rules do not apply!

Absolutely.  And at that age you are much more likely to wear your feelings on your shoulders.  We tried so hard for so long to change posting style when Dash was with us, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.  I feel very badly for her.  They have been put on the defense so many times already and feel so very protective of their lost friend.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 07:01:01 PM »

Thanks bendex but they seems to bee a little behind with the news.....that explains also why i`m glued to sm.. Wink

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:28 PM »

By the way, has anyone heard of a reaction from the family to the latest new of the two releases.
Tiptoes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:30 PM »

Dash,

{{edit: it's impossible to apologize for others behavior - please, people have a right to their opinions. thank you. }}. I agree with you. The ignorance or maliciousness has no place ANYWHERE!! I, for one, will continue to pray for Natalee's safe return and also know Joran has knowledge of her whereabouts. Be strong and my prayers are with you. You have been through too much!

Quote:
I cant deal with this anymore. I left for a few days, and was asked to come back... I did, now I wish I hadn't. I can't stand people's ignorance or maliciousness anymore, so congrats to all of you who want me gone... you win!

To all of you who actually care about Natalee, thank you. Please continue to pray for her safe return... Thank you again for all that you've done.

Again with respect, why is NH above reproach?

The truth will come out (I know more than you know, as do many others... Joran is guilty. This doesn't interest me though; I could care less what is done with him... I just wish he'd say where Natalee is.)

Thank you again to all of you who are supportive! Hopefully, you will keep fighting and be stronger than I can.

---

again w/ respect, why is NH above reproach??

I fully appreicate opinions, but you know the old adage, opinions are like as#holes, everyone has one and most are full of shi#.  You don't know Natalee, you were not there so your speculations have proven to unfounded and hurtful.  Someone has lost a dear friend under horrible circumstances and if it were your child, sister, friend, you would want the same respect.  

Homer: "But every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?" Marge: "That's because you were drunk!" Homer: "And how!"
blfit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:33 PM »

Based on the fact alone that Joran changed his story makes me question him and how about the fact that he was the last one to be seen with Natalee.  He's now proved (at least to me) that he doesn't tell the truth.

Looking for the truth.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:49 PM »

Editorial Note:

If the number of users continues to grow this evening avatars, and sig lines will be disabled, if it continues to be slow, pm's will be disabled for the evening.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:52 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "KKM"
Please update me, as I only stay here and rarely venture out to the main page.

Who are all those people posting comments?  And how did they end up there and not here (I am certainly not complaining).

Also, the following post was under the latest headline on the SM home page.  What's this all about - junk???

ET Says:

June 26th, 2005 at 2:42 pm
It’s cruel hard to say that, but it was horrible to see when she run to swim @ Malmok, and Joran tried to stop her (unsuccessfully), and she drowned…

(that's the end of the post)

Junk.  If she ran to swim and he tried to stop her, that's all he would have had to say from day one. Case closed.  There's more to it -- not saying he deliberately harmed her, but that he did something that involves him to the point of needing to conspire an alibi with friends  and then change it a few times.

I've read the drowning rumors before. But Fox had this boat captain on and he said that the surf would bring a dead body back on shore. Rolling Eyes
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 07:03:15 PM »

Quote from: "Marie"
Of course, lots of us drank when we were underage. Especially in other countries where drinking age is 18. When I went to Mexico, they had 15-16 year olds in the bars. Can ya believe that?

Working is the sin of the drinking class - oscar wilde -

Only the facts
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavaličre"
Natalee introduced herself to Joran, chatted with him, invited him to Carlos 'n Charlie's, danced with him there, walked out with him, and apparently voluntarily got in the car with him. I would say she sort of liked him, although of course she couldn't have known him very well after such a short time.

The Calvary here's!  at any rate, on the other thread I admitted to some underage drinking because to lie would have resulted in my being struck by lightning. About Natalee meeting and spending time with joran that night. I can't and won't speak for Natalee, but I know a lot of us girls who have met guys in various situations, and decided in the first few minutes if he was someone to spend time with.   And girls know a guy will act one way if he thinks he has a shot at getting something from a girl, versus anyone else he thinks may be standing in his way.Happens all the time.
It is called a One-Night Stand which can involve anything from sleeping, passing out or well, you know what I mean.
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 07:03:27 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavaličre"
Quote from: "Sleeks"
TRIED TO POST THIS IN THE LAST POST It has already been established that we have all made bad judgements as well as done some stupid things as teenagers.   And yes, think it is safe to say.  Everyone or most everyone did the underage thing.

My challenge was to all the posters here villainizing Joran because he was drinking when he was not old enough (he was about two months shy of his 18th birthday). Unless these posters never drank until they hit the legal age, they are hypocrites.

I try not to be a hypocrite.  I drank before I was 21.  Alot of teenagers do.  I, for one, would never vilify someone for underage drinking or gambling.

I do think, however, we should consider the fact that Joran's parents did not seem to enforce a lot of rules on him.  He was out partying on a school night right before final exams.  It has been said that he gambled with his father.  I just find it to be a telling thing about him and his family dynamics that he was allowed to so openly break rules and laws - especially considering his father's line of work.  Yes, I drank underage, but my friends and I were more secretive about it, and my parents would have NEVER condoned it.  I got grounded for it, as a matter of fact.  Embarassed

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
By the way, has anyone heard of a reaction from the family to the latest new of the two releases.

Tonight at 10 on Geraldo.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:07 PM »

I still don`t understand what the drinking is about, maybe it`s b/c i`m dutch and used to a more liberal way of living, but i was also young and a girl and i can absolutly understand what youths are doing if they are from home at a beatiful place with a lot of friends and new people to meet!

I think that the 'responsable drinking ' isn`t the issue here, those kids were having fun drinking or not, they are no robots either. I think that a lot of people are forgetting that they were young also.... Wink

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Marie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:13 PM »

Aruba is a resort, they probably aren't as strict there as here in the US
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:36 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
I just hope the Texas search team finds her in what ever condition and gives her parents some peace to go home. I am just not sure that justice will be done in this little banana republic justic system of Aruba's. I hope I'm totally and utterly wrong.

I think that is kind of mean calling Aruba a banana republic. They just have a big time different way of doing things than here in the US. Blame the people who lied, joran and the bros kalpoe. Perhaps if they did nothing with Natalee, the "real" perps could have been caught.

That is if they aren't already at KIA
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »

Quote from: "blfit"
Based on the fact alone that Joran changed his story makes me question him and how about the fact that he was the last one to be seen with Natalee.  He's now proved (at least to me) that he doesn't tell the truth.

That seems to be all the evidence a lot of people need to convict him of murder. I think you have to get inside Joran's head to think why he might have lied. Maybe he heard that "something bad happened" to Natalee and he didn't want to get blamed for it. Maybe he did something with Natalee (sexual?) that he feels guilty about.  Rolling Eyes
Britney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:59 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Ann Rule and others thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy. They can fool ya!

So true! Maybe a sociopath?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 07:06:11 PM »

If Jug is not upset or seems to understand the release of PVDS and SC then the family knows far more than they are saying in my book.
Tiptoes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2005, 07:06:37 PM »

WWIZARD WROTE:

[/quote]again w/ respect, why is NH above reproach??

I fully appreicate opinions, but you know the old adage, opinions are like as#holes, everyone has one and most are full of shi#. You don't know Natalee, you were not there so your speculations have proven to unfounded and hurtful. Someone has lost a dear friend under horrible circumstances and if it were your child, sister, friend, you would want the same respect.

Homer: "But every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?" Marge: "That's because you were drunk!" Homer: "And how!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.