November 12, 2019, 08:12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #28 6/26/05 Sunday Evening  (Read 251815 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
blfit
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 104


« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 07:07:09 PM »

Quote from: "Marie"
Aruba is a resort, they probably aren't as strict there as here in the US


Not only that but it seems like when drinking is allowed at a younger age people don't focus on it as much.  It isn't as big of a deal as it is here.
Logged

Looking for the truth.
puggywug
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote
--- wrote:
I cant deal with this anymore. I left for a few days, and was asked to come back... I did, now I wish I hadn't. I can't stand people's ignorance or maliciousness anymore, so congrats to all of you who want me gone... you win!

To all of you who actually care about Natalee, thank you. Please continue to pray for her safe return... Thank you again for all that you've done.

The truth will come out (I know more than you know, as do many others... Joran is guilty. This doesn't interest me though; I could care less what is done with him... I just wish he'd say where Natalee is.)

Thank you again to all of you who are supportive! Hopefully, you will keep fighting and be stronger than I can.

---  


I am going to reserve comment until later that one of the few people who were willing to talk about events just got ran off. Some one who many of us are thankful made an effort to give info when she did not have to.

Many of you have bitched and moaned that there were no MB's making comments or not going on shows. Its not that there were not MB teens doing so ... its they were not saying what you wanted to hear or refused to listen to.

How many times do people have to be told ... these are teenagers ... not adults and the same rules do not apply!

I am sad to see Dash go, and I am desperately praying for Natalee's safe return.  I am looking forward to your later comments, Red.  Thanks again for all your dedication.
Logged

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Catriana
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249



« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »

Quote from: "kuaitzu"
I feel the reason JVDS told his Mom "it's not so bad here in the prison" is becaue she was so devastated. No matter what..a Mother is a Mother. The jails have no beds..only toilets and concrete floors. He and his Mom appear close..and she was so distraught.


My response to that would be, IF "Joran and his Mom appear close.. ", why was she so clueless about his "lifestyle"???
Logged

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Anna
Monkey Mega Star
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 18149



« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 07:08:22 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Natalee introduced herself to Joran, chatted with him, invited him to Carlos 'n Charlie's, danced with him there, walked out with him, and apparently voluntarily got in the car with him. I would say she sort of liked him, although of course she couldn't have known him very well after such a short time.
<<

She did NOT invite him to C&C.  On the contrary he told her that no one went there on Sunday.  She went there with other friends and who shows up but Joren.  She walked out with him??  Maybe.  Maybe not.  How would you not walk with somebody his size following you?  Seconds before she got into that car, she had told her friend she was going back to HI with the other students and no one has seen her since.  Except Joren, that is.
Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kipster
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 122



WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 07:08:28 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
If Jug is not upset or seems to understand the release of PVDS and SC then the family knows far more than they are saying in my book.


Definitely, though the FOX reporter just called it a letdown for the family, so I'm guessing they're not going to be very happy but hoping for the opposite.
Logged

LilOrphan
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 226


« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2005, 07:08:50 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote


I've read the drowning rumors before. But Fox had this boat captain on and he said that the surf would bring a dead body back on shore. Rolling Eyes


Fox or no Fox, body or no body, if it was an accidental drowning and the person who posted that stated he "watched" then there would be a witness and no cause for Joran to concoct an alibi.  I'm harping on that to some degree because the three friends deliberate creation of a set scenario is indicative of one or more guilty minds.  Not saying it's absolute, just a strong sign.

Now did she drown and there was no mystery posting witness? That I don't know.
Logged
Marie
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 18


« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »

Joran was doing well in school, was almost 18, and probably turned the other cheek. The lifestyles of the people on the island are much different than here.
Logged
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 935



« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2005, 07:09:17 PM »

It makes me so sad Dash, of all people, has been run off this forum.  These are kids!!!  They've been through and are still going through a horrible event. While I support all discussions, and welcome all kinds of personalities, I think we've just acted like complete asses. Are the theories here so damn important that we can't stop and show respect while these kids are here? Or at least while they are posting in our presence?

Dash came here and found love and support from people she didn't know.. we shared her wish to find truth.

To all those who bashed the kids for staying quiet, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  This is a prime example of why they are staying quiet.

The egos and self possessed BS has just reached an all time high.  

I hate injustice.  I hated what happened yesterday to another poster for having the wrong "tone".  By those standards there are a slew of posters who should be thrown out of here.

I have always taken in kids who travel and need a place to stay and a home cooked meal. I've done so hoping the karma will be returned when my kids are out alone. I guess that kind of hospitality isn't present here today.

Again, those who attacked the kids and their actions while Dash and others were posting here this afternoon, should be ashamed.
Logged
sandy
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 158


« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2005, 07:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "Britney"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Ann Rule and others thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy. They can fool ya!


So true! Maybe a sociopath?


I cannot believe I am bringing this up but the one common thread in sociopath / psychopath's early behaviour is cruelty to animals - there is something for someone who is a real keener to lok into
Logged
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 937


« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Quote from: "kuaitzu"
I feel the reason JVDS told his Mom "it's not so bad here in the prison" is becaue she was so devastated. No matter what..a Mother is a Mother. The jails have no beds..only toilets and concrete floors. He and his Mom appear close..and she was so distraught.


My response to that would be, IF "Joran and his Mom appear close.. ", why was she so clueless about his "lifestyle"???


Because she chose to be.  Because mothers sometimes don't want to believe that their children can do wrong.  Should she have been more involved and more realistic?  Yes.  But sometimes mothers choose to believe the best of their children and are truly shocked when something like this happens.
Logged
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 07:10:06 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Thanks bendex but they seems to bee a little behind with the news.....that explains also why i`m glued to sm.. Wink


hey Hannie! Laughing
some of us are on the same page!!
Logged

peace to all
arrabba
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 281


« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2005, 07:12:07 PM »

Sleeks wrote:
SO INSPECTOR WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED???


Well right now (because we havn't found a dead body) I think at some point Joran did leave her alone, and she was kidnapped by someone we have not heard about yet. Maybe she's being held in a personal residence right now against her will?

Inspector - You don't believe she is dead because there is no body.  However you believe she is kidnapped with no kidnapper or ransom note.
Logged
coco
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249


« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2005, 07:12:11 PM »

I feel sorry that Dash was upset - I think she's really trying to cope with a horrible situation and she's certainly been a great protector of her friend's reputation.

I think the real problem is that this is not a "Natalee Support Group" - it's a board debating/discussing a crime - and so what Dash was looking for from the discussion and what most of the discussion participants are just at odds.
Logged
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 176



« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2005, 07:12:52 PM »

Is Greta going back to Aruba on Monday? She needs to kick Geraldo out of there again...
Logged
Anna
Monkey Mega Star
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 18149



« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2005, 07:12:57 PM »

Quote from: "kuaitzu"
I feel the reason JVDS told his Mom "it's not so bad here in the prison" is becaue she was so devastated. No matter what..a Mother is a Mother. The jails have no beds..only toilets and concrete floors. He and his Mom appear close..and she was so distraught.
<<

I saw beds in the tour given on TV.  Everything is spic and span and brand new.  Much nicer than prisons in this country, America.  There is a sort of desk/table, locker.  He is at the new KIA facility and it is rather nice for a prison.
Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 47



« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2005, 07:13:01 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote
--- wrote:
I cant deal with this anymore. I left for a few days, and was asked to come back... I did, now I wish I hadn't. I can't stand people's ignorance or maliciousness anymore, so congrats to all of you who want me gone... you win!

To all of you who actually care about Natalee, thank you. Please continue to pray for her safe return... Thank you again for all that you've done.

The truth will come out (I know more than you know, as do many others... Joran is guilty. This doesn't interest me though; I could care less what is done with him... I just wish he'd say where Natalee is.)

Thank you again to all of you who are supportive! Hopefully, you will keep fighting and be stronger than I can.

---  


I am going to reserve comment until later that one of the few people who were willing to talk about events just got ran off. Some one who many of us are thankful made an effort to give info when she did not have to.

Many of you have bitched and moaned that there were no MB's making comments or not going on shows. Its not that there were not MB teens doing so ... its they were not saying what you wanted to hear or refused to listen to.

How many times do people have to be told ... these are teenagers ... not adults and the same rules do not apply!


Thank you Red, I was trying to figure out how to say it. I second your post, although you da man and don't need my input.
Logged
Kipster
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 122



WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2005, 07:13:38 PM »

If they watched her drown, that would have been what they changed their story to. Hell, they should have concocted that one to begin with if they're responsible for harming her. It would have been the easiest to get out of.
Logged

wwizard
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 175


« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
I feel sorry that Dash was upset - I think she's really trying to cope with a horrible situation and she's certainly been a great protector of her friend's reputation.

I think the real problem is that this is not a "Natalee Support Group" - it's a board debating/discussing a crime - and so what Dash was looking for from the discussion and what most of the discussion participants are just at odds.


thank you
Logged

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
puggywug
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 291



« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2005, 07:15:15 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Natalee introduced herself to Joran, chatted with him, invited him to Carlos 'n Charlie's, danced with him there, walked out with him, and apparently voluntarily got in the car with him. I would say she sort of liked him, although of course she couldn't have known him very well after such a short time.

la_cavalière wrote:
Joran couldn't have been THAT much of a jerk that Sunday. Natalee apparently took a liking to him, and everyone says she had great judgment. If she had thought he was an arrogant liar, I doubt she would have spent any time with him.

Hi, la_cav  Very Happy .  Maybe you missed my previous response because it was on page 50 of the last thread.  I wrote:

We really don't know if Natalee "took a liking to him" or not. How would we know that? For all we know, he saw her and her group leaving the bar and walked out to try to catch her and spend more time with her. We don't know that she spoke to him other than introducing herself earlier that day. And just because you introduce yourself to someone doesn't mean you took a liking to them. It is being polite. When my husband and I were in Vegas, if we were at a table gambling for a while with the same people, we would introduce ourselves or strike up small talk. That didn't mean we wanted to date the people.

I'd also like to add that I don't recall anyone saying she invited him to CnC's or was dancing with him at the bar.  One more thing.  Last night a woman told of her experience when she was unknowingly drugged with a "date rape" drug.  He husband told her that she was walking and talking coherently, yet she had no memory of it.  ***PERHAPS Natalee was drugged when she left the bar with the group of MBers and then Joran asked her if he could ride with her back to HI.  IN THIS THEORETICAL SCENARIO, she would have been willing to get in the car with him, but she would not have been cognizant of her actions.  JUST A THOUGHT  Very Happy
Logged

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2005, 07:15:21 PM »

blfit wrote:

Quote
Not only that but it seems like when drinking is allowed at a younger age people don't focus on it as much. It isn't as big of a deal as it is here.



I think you are absolutly right on that one blfit, maybe that`s why a lot of american kids go on a holiday or springbreak in another country or island
Just to do things whitout being illegal in america isn`t there illegal, and enjoy.... nothing wrong with that I think.. but hey I`m dutch and not even on drugs or alcohol and I know a lot of people aren`t here junkies or alcoholics in spite we are liberal.... so what can I say, it`s just a mythe just like a lot of people are thinking that we are whear wooden shoes and we`re sufficating on tulips or something... Laughing
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 3.116 seconds with 19 queries.